Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers 09:15 - Oct 7 with 579 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53055/theo-walcott-gets-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 09:46 - Oct 7 with 567 viewsButty101

So in a squad of 26 we have 4 goalkeepers!

Once you look past the first eleven there isnt a great deal of squad depth.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 10:25 - Oct 7 with 547 viewsInsideOut

So there's this squad member who no-one is quite sure exists, a rather mysterious character, almost legendary before ever doing anything of note. So they gave him the number 22.. hmmm

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 10:53 - Oct 7 with 529 viewssaint22

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 09:46 - Oct 7 by Butty101

FOUR average goalkeepers and four CBs
ffs
Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 11:20 - Oct 7 with 516 viewsChesham_Saint

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 10:53 - Oct 7 by saint22

FOUR average goalkeepers and four CBs
ffs

4 keepers?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 11:23 - Oct 7 with 514 viewsSaintNick

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 09:46 - Oct 7 by Butty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl has always said he likes to work with a compact squad, from this perspective we have at least two players for ever position and we have others who can play in several positions.

My only worry is that we dont have enough qaulity in the centre of the defence

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 11:47 - Oct 7 with 498 viewsInsideOut

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 11:23 - Oct 7 by SaintNick

Ralph Hasenhuttl has always said he likes to work with a compact squad, from this perspective we have at least two players for ever position and we have others who can play in several positions.

Hi Nick, we all know how much you love using statistics to support your views. Saints have registered 6 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats in the last 11 games. If I'm not mistaken, they can also boast of 6 clean sheets since the post-lockdown restart. Statistically speaking, how many teams in the premier league have a better defensive record than Saints at the moment ?

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 12:42 - Oct 7 with 465 viewsButty101

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 11:20 - Oct 7 by Chesham_Saint

4 keepers?

1. Alex McCarthy
28. Angus Gunn
41. Harry Lewis
44. Fraser Forster

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 12:52 - Oct 7 with 448 viewsButty101

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 11:23 - Oct 7 by SaintNick

Goalkeepers
McCarthy
Forster
Gunn
Lewis

Right Back
Kyle Walker-Peters
Valery

LeftBack
Ryan Bertrand
Vokins

Centrebacks
Bednareck
Jannik Vestergaard
Jack Stephens
Salisu

CentreMidfiled
Oriol Romeu
James Ward-Prowse
Ibrahima Diallo
Smallbone

Wide Midfield
Nathan Redmond
Armstong
Dnepo
Walcott
Tella

Forwards
Danny Ings
Ché Adams
Obafemi
Shane Long

Goalkeeper, wide midfield and upfront we look like we have plenty of cover.

Both fullbacks/central defence/central midfield look weak once the first choices are out.

Login to get fewer ads

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 12:59 - Oct 7 with 440 viewsSaintNick

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 11:47 - Oct 7 by InsideOut

Hi Nick, we all know how much you love using statistics to support your views. Saints have registered 6 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats in the last 11 games. If I'm not mistaken, they can also boast of 6 clean sheets since the post-lockdown restart. Statistically speaking, how many teams in the premier league have a better defensive record than Saints at the moment ?

Statistics can be used to illustrate many things, interestingly you choose to use only the last 7 games from lockdown rather than the full 9 we played in your last 11 games scenario.

Interestingly you also get the clean sheets wrong, its 5 in the 13 Premier League games post lockdown.

But post lockdown was last season Burnley were decent post lockdown yet three straight defeats this season.

Statistically speaking this season we are ok with only 6 goals conceded, but that doesn't tell the full story, were you honestly happy with the goal we conceded against Crystal Palace ? it was only a 1-0 defeat but a soft goal cost us the game.

Were you happy that all of the 5 goals let in against Spurs could not have been defended any better ?

Statistically 8 teams have a worse record than us, several have the same.

I ask myself a simple question when I look at the centre of the defence, how many of the three who have played so far this season would get into any other Premier League side ?

How many other Premier League sides have actually tried to sign any of those three players ?

The answer to question 1 is perhaps Bednarek, but only in a few teams, the answer to question 2 is none

Statistically Liverpool have conceded 11 goals but would you have Stephens over Van Dijk ?

Liverpool's 7 goal debacle was a rareity, yet every week we gift the opposition, even in the restart we were lucky more than solid, remember the Norwich game when in the first 15 minutes Pukki was left completely unmarked twice yet missed both, that was one clean sheet that might not have been

Yes I use statistics but I also back them up with reality

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 13:12 - Oct 7 with 431 viewsInsideOut

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 12:59 - Oct 7 by SaintNick

Statistics can be used to illustrate many things, interestingly you choose to use only the last 7 games from lockdown rather than the full 9 we played in your last 11 games scenario.

Interestingly you also get the clean sheets wrong, its 5 in the 13 Premier League games post lockdown.

But post lockdown was last season Burnley were decent post lockdown yet three straight defeats this season.

Statistically speaking this season we are ok with only 6 goals conceded, but that doesn't tell the full story, were you honestly happy with the goal we conceded against Crystal Palace ? it was only a 1-0 defeat but a soft goal cost us the game.

Were you happy that all of the 5 goals let in against Spurs could not have been defended any better ?

Statistically 8 teams have a worse record than us, several have the same.

I ask myself a simple question when I look at the centre of the defence, how many of the three who have played so far this season would get into any other Premier League side ?

How many other Premier League sides have actually tried to sign any of those three players ?

The answer to question 1 is perhaps Bednarek, but only in a few teams, the answer to question 2 is none

Statistically Liverpool have conceded 11 goals but would you have Stephens over Van Dijk ?

Liverpool's 7 goal debacle was a rareity, yet every week we gift the opposition, even in the restart we were lucky more than solid, remember the Norwich game when in the first 15 minutes Pukki was left completely unmarked twice yet missed both, that was one clean sheet that might not have been

Yes I use statistics but I also back them up with reality

Relax, I just don't want you to be worrying unduly about our defenders. I only said clean sheets, not premier league ones. Didn't Palace score with their only shot on target, while we dominated most of the game ? I asked you how many had a better defensive record, not worse.

The funny thing is that if you look at how many teams have a better defensive record and how many have a worse goal scoring record than Saints at the moment, the answer to both is probably only a handful. So I'm not so worried about our central defenders. However, if Danny Ings doesn't play I'd be very worried about where our goals will come from.

We are often able to keep possession of the ball but don't score enough goals. Spurs were deadly that day and it was too hot for good football when we lost to Arsenal. Otherwise, defensively we've been nothing to worry about. Without Ings we're useless at scoring.

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 14:39 - Oct 7 with 376 viewsChesham_Saint

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 12:42 - Oct 7 by Butty101

1. Alex McCarthy
28. Angus Gunn
41. Harry Lewis
44. Fraser Forster

Thanks, I was unaware of Lewis.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Theo Walcott Gets Old Squad Number Back As Saints Announce Squad Numbers on 15:38 - Oct 7 with 352 views1885_SFC

So, to clear it up, we are depending heavily on Salisu to be nothing short of Superman in the centre of defence?

Good luck Ralph.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024