Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale 11:55 - Oct 9 with 11879 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53069/match-preview-accring

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:26 - Oct 10 with 3256 viewsDaleiLama

This isn't going to make Dale's top 10 games. Woeful last 10 mins

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:29 - Oct 10 with 3145 viewsDaleiLama

What a chance

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:30 - Oct 10 with 3112 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:26 - Oct 10 by DaleiLama

This isn't going to make Dale's top 10 games. Woeful last 10 mins

Great chance for Beesley but he doesn't connect properly even though it brings a save from the keeper

Dooley off McLaughlin on

Also our first corner after 72 minutes
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 16:31]
Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:35 - Oct 10 with 2998 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:30 - Oct 10 by Nigeriamark

Great chance for Beesley but he doesn't connect properly even though it brings a save from the keeper

Dooley off McLaughlin on

Tavares on for Keohane. Last throw of the dice?
Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:36 - Oct 10 with 2980 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:30 - Oct 10 by Nigeriamark

Dooley off McLaughlin on

Supersub on now. We can all relax

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:54 - Oct 10 with 2644 viewsboromat

Probably a point dropped. Few more minutes added on we might have got another goal. Quality on the whole was poor from both teams and I don't know how we managed to see 3 goals in the end. 😂

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:56 - Oct 10 with 2602 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:36 - Oct 10 by DaleiLama

Supersub on now. We can all relax

Lost 2-1. They probably edged it and at least the football improved second half. Disappointed overall primarily because of the 1st 45 & them getting 2 goals in 2 minutes, the second one where we switched off. They weren't a great side but they were solid & hard working. Good chance at the end for Rathbone but it wasn't our day

Based on the second half MOM between Newby & possibly Done. No real shockers but no-one really stood out either.
Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:57 - Oct 10 with 2582 viewsfitzochris

That was poor all told but congratulations to Accrington who did a good number on us. People will point to the increased possession and drive during the final 20 minutes, but that was only because Accrington pulled back to protect their lead.

We need to find a way to unlock teams who are physically better placed than us. It’s a game where you imagine Humphrys up front may have worked out better.

Ah well.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:57 - Oct 10 with 2571 viewsRotherhamDale

Shite. How does Dooley get a game in this team? Appalling performance.

We huffed and puffed in the last 10 minutes but Accrington dealt with us comfortably

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 17:00 - Oct 10 with 2521 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 16:54 - Oct 10 by boromat

Probably a point dropped. Few more minutes added on we might have got another goal. Quality on the whole was poor from both teams and I don't know how we managed to see 3 goals in the end. 😂

Didn't really look like a L1 game that. Looked windy and difficult pitch but not a lot of quality on display today. We had spells and so did they, but we didn't really deserve a point on that showing. As poor this week as we were good last and hopefully we find last weeks form at home again next Saturday
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 17:01]

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Oct 10 with 2433 viewsD_Alien

Shame Beesley didn't score from his chance. He & Newby continue to look promising but that needs converting into something more substantial. As Fitz said, it might've been a game and pitch more suited to Humphrys

We've not lost any ground in the table but we need to put a run together and at the moment the side is still only starting to gel

If we have Bola and McLaughlin taking the fullback slots, i wonder if BBM will be tempted to push Keohane further forward? He's got experience in midfield, and i don't think Morley is quite doing what we expected from him just yet
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 17:07]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 19:47 - Oct 10 with 1957 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Oct 10 by D_Alien

Shame Beesley didn't score from his chance. He & Newby continue to look promising but that needs converting into something more substantial. As Fitz said, it might've been a game and pitch more suited to Humphrys

We've not lost any ground in the table but we need to put a run together and at the moment the side is still only starting to gel

If we have Bola and McLaughlin taking the fullback slots, i wonder if BBM will be tempted to push Keohane further forward? He's got experience in midfield, and i don't think Morley is quite doing what we expected from him just yet

If anyone is suited to take Morley's spot in midfield, surely it's Jimmy Ryan, would be perfectly ok with Keohane playing in midfield at the expense of Dooley however!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 20:00 - Oct 10 with 1909 viewsEllDale

Anyone any idea of why McShane was subbed at halftime?
Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 20:26 - Oct 10 with 1818 viewsdingdangblue

Beesley has to do better and Ollie must score that chance in injury time.

https://www.skysports.com/rochdale

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 22:14 - Oct 10 with 1601 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 19:47 - Oct 10 by ChaffRAFC

If anyone is suited to take Morley's spot in midfield, surely it's Jimmy Ryan, would be perfectly ok with Keohane playing in midfield at the expense of Dooley however!

Might a midfield diamond work Ryan at the base, Done left, Keohane right, Lund or Rathbone at the point?

Or perhaps 3 4 3 with Done on the left and Mclaughlin on the right.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 22:18]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 08:14 - Oct 11 with 1360 views56years

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 20:26 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

Beesley has to do better and Ollie must score that chance in injury time.

https://www.skysports.com/rochdale

As with his chance at Ipswich Beesley tends to flick the ball - put your boot through it lad - big Reg style! As for Ollie I think that is the reason he is still with us, his conversion rate of chances is pretty low, although their goalkeeper did make a good save from him in the first half.
Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 08:17 - Oct 11 with 1355 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Oct 10 by D_Alien

Need Beesley to get off the mark as soon as possible. I've been impressed with his play so far after stepping up several levels, but we don't want him to end up a 4 goal a season forward. Hopefully his first goal may start a run of them

A goal from Newby would also help, but he offers so much else anyway that I have less concerns about him and again a very impressive start at a much higher level.

So overall I think Dale have had a reasonable start to the season in terms of play but we are not yet scoring any more goals than in previous seasons which is a worry. That's why I still wouldn't mind getting another forward on loan by the close of the window if possible
Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 08:41 - Oct 11 with 1317 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 08:14 - Oct 11 by 56years

As with his chance at Ipswich Beesley tends to flick the ball - put your boot through it lad - big Reg style! As for Ollie I think that is the reason he is still with us, his conversion rate of chances is pretty low, although their goalkeeper did make a good save from him in the first half.

Ollie isn’t in the team for his goal scoring. He is very good at shielding the ball, turning his man around and then driving forward, which brings others into the game. That said, he did end up forced backwards or into dead ends a few times yesterday. It was a day where you’d have to say the opposition midfield fared the better.

As for Beesley - and this may sound daft for a striker - I believe his primary role will be to cover ground and create space by pulling defenders all over the shop, and pressuring them when they are in possession. This only works if he has a partner to take advantage, which he didn’t yesterday. Naturally, he will be expected to chip in with goals, but I think Humphrys will be looked to on that score and, when he’s fit again, we may see properly what BBM’s desired and preferred formation and style looks like.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 8:59]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Accrington vs Rochdale on 08:43 - Oct 11 with 1309 viewsDaleiLama

Just came across this - pity we couldn't muster an equsliser of this ilk. The beautiful game

[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 8:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024