Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tier 2 / Tier 3 13:15 - Oct 15 with 29699 viewsaleanddale

Matt Hancock hitting a new level of incompetence today in the commons.

Press leaks prior to confirmation with local authority.... then backtracking.

Dithering over a statement on Manchester and Lancashire regarding if and when we will move to tier 3.

No doubt the whole thing is complicated beyond belief BUT there should be much clearer / decisive communication and direction from the government.

Staff on minimum wage will be getting 2/3 or just over £5 an hour on this latest job support scheme that's replacing furlough. Minimum wage is just that the minimum required to survive.

Liverpool the ONLY city on tier 3. Honestly?

Ignoring the "Science" when the science advised a NATIONAL circuit break 3 weeks ago.

My two penneth is that this is set for the long term. I read an article saying the average life expectancy is 81 and the average Covid death age is 82. It is a very very tough decision to make i do understand that but everyone knows this and the day could arrive where shielding becomes self governing and everyone makes there own choices. Maybe new Covid Laws need to be applied to allow the nation to do that and the obvious rule breakers can be hit with more severe penalty.

This is one mighty mess and the problem is that the master plan is falling well short its time for a rethink and quickly.
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 09:49 - Oct 21 with 1502 viewsrochdaleriddler

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 23:09 - Oct 20 by roccydaleian

Interesting. So, would you describe someone who has voted for four different political parties in general elections (last time voted Tory in 2005) , been a member of a trade union, been a trade union health and safety rep, as a Tory apologist?

I would

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 09:58 - Oct 21 with 1479 viewsroccydaleian

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 09:49 - Oct 21 by rochdaleriddler

I would

Good lad, on what basis seeing that I haven’t voted Tory for 15 years. Why do you constantly get personal and spit your dummy out, just because someone has a different opinion from you?
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 10:11 - Oct 21 with 1452 viewstony_roch975

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 09:29 - Oct 21 by roccydaleian

Very funny and you could be correct. So are you one of them narrow minded people who just vote for one particular party, no matter what they offer or what their policies are?

Well, if your world view has certain underpinning principles you probably would, even if you are not a fan of a specific manifesto; you would choose Blair over Thatcher even if you felt Blairism was 'Tory Lite' if your world view was that you have no right to more of the world's resources than any other human being; equally you'd choose Johnson over Corbyn even if you voted Remain if your world view distinguished the 'deserving' as against the 'undeserving' poor and a belief that your 'hard work' gets you 'deserved' rewards. Equally if you had a left-leaning economic but right-leaning social world view you might well switch from Labour to Tory - as the red wall seats and the Thatcher landslides show.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 10:18 - Oct 21 with 1435 viewstony_roch975

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 09:48 - Oct 21 by roccydaleian

So is that actually £82.4 million making it £29. 42 per person?

I think it is, Govt is desperate to show they are giving the same £ to each area cos they want to portray that as 'fair' - but we don't deliver other services on that basis; if you have a greater health need we spend more on you. Burnham was arguing Greater Manchester had been economically damaged for longer than Merseyside following the restrictions here since Aug. To each according to need still seems a better version of 'fair' to me.

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 11:03 - Oct 21 with 1379 viewsrochdaleriddler

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 09:58 - Oct 21 by roccydaleian

Good lad, on what basis seeing that I haven’t voted Tory for 15 years. Why do you constantly get personal and spit your dummy out, just because someone has a different opinion from you?

How have I spit my dummy out? You constantly support the Tories on here, and attack Labour. It is on that basis I disagree with you, if you actually don’t support the Tories , I guess you are just a WUM then

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 11:07 - Oct 21 with 1374 viewsmingthemerciless

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 09:29 - Oct 21 by roccydaleian

Very funny and you could be correct. So are you one of them narrow minded people who just vote for one particular party, no matter what they offer or what their policies are?

I've always voted for the party who's policies came closest to my view of where the country should be going.
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 11:14 - Oct 21 with 1362 viewsmingthemerciless

Just to add a bit of context to the debate on Greater Manchester funding - Dido Harding's pals in " Randox " received £133 million for a deal to supply testing kits. The testing kits were subsequently withdrawn on the grounds that they might be unsafe.
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 11:14 - Oct 21 with 1362 viewsDaleiLama

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 09:33 - Oct 21 by ChaffRAFC

£60m for 2.8m people (Greater Manchester) = £21.42 per person

£44m for 1.5m (Liverpool) = £29.33 per person

£42m for 1.2m people (Lancashire) = £35 per person

£22.4m for 2.8m people (Greater Manchester) = £8 (eight) per person

The cost of an 80% furlough is £90million according to Andy Burnham.

Because AB won't lie down and take whatever is offered when it's not enough, he's wrong? Not having that.

The government said, repeatedly, they would do "whatever it takes". That's exactly what Rishi said, over and over. Andy Burnham outlined exactly what it would take and what is needed. The government said no.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Add to that £41m in S. Yorks for 1.4m people = £29.28 pp (L'pool rate)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 11:29 - Oct 21 with 1343 viewsrochdaleriddler

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 11:14 - Oct 21 by mingthemerciless

Just to add a bit of context to the debate on Greater Manchester funding - Dido Harding's pals in " Randox " received £133 million for a deal to supply testing kits. The testing kits were subsequently withdrawn on the grounds that they might be unsafe.

Maybe they could recoup some of Grayling’s gift to the Ship company with no ships and use that

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 11:52 - Oct 21 with 1315 viewsAncoats_Blue

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 09:33 - Oct 21 by ChaffRAFC

£60m for 2.8m people (Greater Manchester) = £21.42 per person

£44m for 1.5m (Liverpool) = £29.33 per person

£42m for 1.2m people (Lancashire) = £35 per person

£22.4m for 2.8m people (Greater Manchester) = £8 (eight) per person

The cost of an 80% furlough is £90million according to Andy Burnham.

Because AB won't lie down and take whatever is offered when it's not enough, he's wrong? Not having that.

The government said, repeatedly, they would do "whatever it takes". That's exactly what Rishi said, over and over. Andy Burnham outlined exactly what it would take and what is needed. The government said no.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I thought having tiered restrictions meant clear and equal treatment across affected regions... I note the gov and news outlets now have tier 3 descriptions with an asterisk *Further measures may be agreed locally. That wasn’t there originally. That’ll explain why Liverpool had to shut gyms but Lancashire not. Oh, never mind, policy has changed again today. Gyms back open. I wonder what special treatment is in store for Gtr Manchester?
It’s a farce. How has it come to be that local government leaders have to enter a horse trade to secure better support for their residents. Treat us all the same. I await tier 3 being imposed on a leafy rural Tory stronghold with a Boris shill as leader and see what £/head support is announced then.
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:18 - Oct 21 with 1270 viewsmingthemerciless

I'm thinking of moving to Newark when this is over. It's Robert Jenrick's constituency and they're just been granted the sum of £27 Million. They obviously need the dosh because they're Number 270 on the list of deprived areas. If you can't look after your pals who can you look after ?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 12:19]
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:33 - Oct 21 with 1242 viewsrochdaleriddler

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:18 - Oct 21 by mingthemerciless

I'm thinking of moving to Newark when this is over. It's Robert Jenrick's constituency and they're just been granted the sum of £27 Million. They obviously need the dosh because they're Number 270 on the list of deprived areas. If you can't look after your pals who can you look after ?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 12:19]

His colleague awarded them this as then he reciprocated to theirs, it’s corrupt

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:41 - Oct 21 with 1220 viewsD_Alien

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 08:00 - Oct 21 by BigDaveMyCock

His particular concern was those working in the service, in particular hospitality, sectors. Often the worse paid sectors of the economy and often on zero hour contracts. What is mid 20th century about that?
That’s not class war, that’s recognising certain sectors will be hit by this harder.
This is not just some sad gets in Manchester, it’s a lot of people’s livelihoods.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 8:32]

Genuine question - are those businesses and people working in those sectors in Gtr Manchester more deserving of additional support than those in Liverpool, or Preston, or Leeds, or anywhere else? That's the premise being Burnham's failed negotiating stance

It's actually an insult to those in other regions to be pleading for Gtr Manchester to be made a special case, with those eyes seemingly always on the verge of tiers

[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 12:41]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:41 - Oct 21 with 1223 viewsrochdaleriddler

In littleborough I can’t go to a large pub and have a drink as it is shutting on Thursday ( the dyers) , but I can go to the micro pub 200 yards away , which can fit at least 20 people in a space smaller than many living rooms, as long as I have a £4 small plate with my beer. Madness

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:44 - Oct 21 with 1209 viewsD_Alien

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:41 - Oct 21 by rochdaleriddler

In littleborough I can’t go to a large pub and have a drink as it is shutting on Thursday ( the dyers) , but I can go to the micro pub 200 yards away , which can fit at least 20 people in a space smaller than many living rooms, as long as I have a £4 small plate with my beer. Madness

Mad as a March Hare (on the Hill?)

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:49 - Oct 21 with 1198 viewsAncoats_Blue

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:41 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Genuine question - are those businesses and people working in those sectors in Gtr Manchester more deserving of additional support than those in Liverpool, or Preston, or Leeds, or anywhere else? That's the premise being Burnham's failed negotiating stance

It's actually an insult to those in other regions to be pleading for Gtr Manchester to be made a special case, with those eyes seemingly always on the verge of tiers

Didn’t Burnham himself say his wasn’t an argument just for this region and just for the North but for the government to offer more support nationwide? And didn’t Liverpool’s mayor (the one with the worse deal and the region usually contrasted with Manchester) back Burnham?
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 13:01 - Oct 21 with 1167 viewsD_Alien

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54628770

The responsible thing to do

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 13:04 - Oct 21 with 1158 viewsD_Alien

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:49 - Oct 21 by Ancoats_Blue

Didn’t Burnham himself say his wasn’t an argument just for this region and just for the North but for the government to offer more support nationwide? And didn’t Liverpool’s mayor (the one with the worse deal and the region usually contrasted with Manchester) back Burnham?

Yes, that's true. I withdraw the point about it being an insult to others, but Burnham needs to stop using the old class warrior tropes, he'll find it'll get him farther

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 13:40 - Oct 21 with 1125 viewsCedar_Room

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 13:04 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Yes, that's true. I withdraw the point about it being an insult to others, but Burnham needs to stop using the old class warrior tropes, he'll find it'll get him farther

get him farther than being a popular mayor who was voted into office by a huge majority? Yes I'm sure if he listens to your impeccable political instincts he could yet go far.
Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 13:49 - Oct 21 with 1117 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 12:41 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Not at all. As Ancoats Blue has stated, it wasn’t just an argument for this region. Andy Burnham is, however, the Mayor of Greater Manchester and, as such, it’s within his remit to negotiate what he believes is the best deal for Greater Manchester - not Liverpool or Lancashire etc.
So, if he’s not permitted to highlight the impact this will have on Greater Manchester businesses (too Manchester centric) or highlight certain sectors of the labour force that will be greatly affected by the pandemic (class warrior) then it begs the question what is he permitted to do?
Roll-over and know his place it seems.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 13:50]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 14:39 - Oct 21 with 1068 viewsD_Alien

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 13:40 - Oct 21 by Cedar_Room

get him farther than being a popular mayor who was voted into office by a huge majority? Yes I'm sure if he listens to your impeccable political instincts he could yet go far.

He's a failed politician on the national stage and has big fish in smaller pond syndrome

As Police & Crime Commissioner, it was also his duty to ensure those breaking the Covid regulations were clamped down upon, but instead we've seen our infection rate shoot through the roof. His failed stance then led to 10 days when further restrictions weren't enforced when they needed to be

I guess those on the left will never understand the instincts that led to the Brexit vote and the subsequent voting in 'red wall' seats. It's been referred to (including on here) as the silent majority. I'm a spokesperson for no-one but i understand those instincts

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 14:40 - Oct 21 with 1067 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 14:39 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

He's a failed politician on the national stage and has big fish in smaller pond syndrome

As Police & Crime Commissioner, it was also his duty to ensure those breaking the Covid regulations were clamped down upon, but instead we've seen our infection rate shoot through the roof. His failed stance then led to 10 days when further restrictions weren't enforced when they needed to be

I guess those on the left will never understand the instincts that led to the Brexit vote and the subsequent voting in 'red wall' seats. It's been referred to (including on here) as the silent majority. I'm a spokesperson for no-one but i understand those instincts

Boris was Mayor of London once upon a time.
What on earth has this got to do with Brexit?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 14:43]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 14:42 - Oct 21 with 1057 viewsD_Alien

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 14:40 - Oct 21 by BigDaveMyCock

Boris was Mayor of London once upon a time.
What on earth has this got to do with Brexit?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 14:43]

Before his entry into the upper erm... tiers of government

Edit to your edit: in respect of the failure to understand those who voted for it

It would've been interesting to have had a vote in Gtr Manchester on entering Tier 3 with the expected government funding ten days ago
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 14:47]

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 15:11 - Oct 21 with 1014 viewsrochdaleriddler

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 14:39 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Failed? He was chief secretary to the treasury, culture secretary and Health secretary . All at quite a young age, he is only 50 now. You are being silly now, as for the police chief bit, are you suggesting he has instructed the chief constable not to enforce the law? If not then he isn’t responsible for day to day operations as you well know

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 15:18 - Oct 21 with 999 viewstony_roch975

Tier 2 / Tier 3 on 14:42 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Before his entry into the upper erm... tiers of government

Edit to your edit: in respect of the failure to understand those who voted for it

It would've been interesting to have had a vote in Gtr Manchester on entering Tier 3 with the expected government funding ten days ago
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 14:47]

is that an argument for referendums on everything and no elected representatives?; nearly as interesting as having a vote now on whether Brexit is a good idea!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024