Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BoJo 21:03 - Oct 31 with 4986 viewssaint22

Gone in January
Saddling this country with Brexit then walking
BoJo on 11:05 - Mar 31 with 986 viewsstmichael

A Phobia is an irrational fear.
There is nothing irrational about fearing Islam as the teacher in Batley is experiencing.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

BoJo on 13:43 - Mar 31 with 931 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo on 11:05 - Mar 31 by stmichael

A Phobia is an irrational fear.
There is nothing irrational about fearing Islam as the teacher in Batley is experiencing.

Fearing Islamic extremists is one thing.

Fearing ‘Islam’, a religion practiced by 1.8 billion globally, the vast majority of whom are good, peace loving people, is entirely irrational.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

BoJo on 13:52 - Mar 31 with 930 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 13:43 - Mar 31 by DorsetIan

Fearing Islamic extremists is one thing.

Fearing ‘Islam’, a religion practiced by 1.8 billion globally, the vast majority of whom are good, peace loving people, is entirely irrational.

Without Islam the extremists wouldn’t be enabled to practice this drivel.

I fear all religion as it’s responsible for millions of pointless wars, deaths and evil acts.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

BoJo on 14:45 - Mar 31 with 902 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo on 13:52 - Mar 31 by Bicester_North

Without Islam the extremists wouldn’t be enabled to practice this drivel.

I fear all religion as it’s responsible for millions of pointless wars, deaths and evil acts.

Extremists nutcases will always find something to latch onto. It's nothing to do with Islam or any other religion - psychopathy and violence with dress itself up in whatever is available.

I am not particularly religious myself, but notwithstanding the many religious wars and terrible things done in the name of religion, I can appreciate that religious people of many different faiths are responsible for lots of good in the world.

BoJo on 15:00 - Mar 31 with 900 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 14:45 - Mar 31 by DorsetIan

Extremists nutcases will always find something to latch onto. It's nothing to do with Islam or any other religion - psychopathy and violence with dress itself up in whatever is available.

I am not particularly religious myself, but notwithstanding the many religious wars and terrible things done in the name of religion, I can appreciate that religious people of many different faiths are responsible for lots of good in the world.

You’re not correct about being nothing to do with Islam I’m afraid.

The Batley situation and the Paris situation before it are to do with Islam. If Islam didn’t exist those things wouldn’t have happened.

BoJo on 15:41 - Mar 31 with 886 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 15:00 - Mar 31 by Bicester_North

The Batley situation and the Paris situation before it are to do with Islam. If Islam didn’t exist those things wouldn’t have happened.

They are to do with psychopaths who attach themselves to a religion. The vast majority of Muslims are normal, peaceful people. Islam is a peaceful religion. Sadly there are people who chose to misinterpret its teachings to suit their own agendas.
BoJo on 16:09 - Mar 31 with 865 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo on 15:00 - Mar 31 by Bicester_North

If Islam didn't exist, the nutters involved would have found another outlet for their obsessions and psychopathy. Just like all the non-Islamic nutters involved in acts of terrorism and attempted censorship around the world.

A connection with Islam isn't a necessary condition for this sort of thing.

BoJo on 16:31 - Mar 31 with 847 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 16:09 - Mar 31 by DorsetIan

If Islam didn't exist, the nutters involved would have found another outlet for their obsessions and psychopathy. Just like all the non-Islamic nutters involved in acts of terrorism and attempted censorship around the world.

A connection with Islam isn't a necessary condition for this sort of thing.

But the issues that I was referring to wouldn’t have happened. So they are linked, like I said.

The world would be a more tolerant place without religion, especially those religions that denounce non believers in their teachings. Obviously there are millions of decent people who happen to be Muslims but the religion itself seems to be at odds with western freedoms.

Login to get fewer ads

BoJo on 16:47 - Mar 31 with 839 views1885_SFC

Unfortunately, we'll never, ever rid the world of Islamic nutters. Sadly, it's an impossible task.

Old School is Cool

BoJo on 17:00 - Mar 31 with 828 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo on 16:31 - Mar 31 by Bicester_North

But the issues that I was referring to wouldn’t have happened. So they are linked, like I said.

The world would be a more tolerant place without religion, especially those religions that denounce non believers in their teachings. Obviously there are millions of decent people who happen to be Muslims but the religion itself seems to be at odds with western freedoms.

John Lennon's shooting was linked to Jodie Foster, but not in any way that says anything interesting about Jodie Foster.

I'm not a Muslim. I don't believe what they believer. But I don't fear Muslims or their religion any more than I fear Jews, Hindus or Sikhs or theirs.

It's always a mistake to generalise about something on the basis of its most extreme examples.

BoJo on 17:14 - Mar 31 with 821 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 17:00 - Mar 31 by DorsetIan

John Lennon's shooting was linked to Jodie Foster, but not in any way that says anything interesting about Jodie Foster.

I'm not a Muslim. I don't believe what they believer. But I don't fear Muslims or their religion any more than I fear Jews, Hindus or Sikhs or theirs.

It's always a mistake to generalise about something on the basis of its most extreme examples.

Are you attempting to reply to me? I couldn’t find any particular relevance to what I was saying. Or is that just a general vague ramble?

I didn’t say I feared the Muslims, I said I feared religions as they have fuelled war and murder.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 17:16]

BoJo on 17:37 - Mar 31 with 809 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo on 17:14 - Mar 31 by Bicester_North

Are you attempting to reply to me? I couldn’t find any particular relevance to what I was saying. Or is that just a general vague ramble?

I didn’t say I feared the Muslims, I said I feared religions as they have fuelled war and murder.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 17:16]

This thread starting by a suggestion (not from you) that a fear of Islam was rational. I was getting back to the main point. It's not.

The relevance to what you were saying is that just because you can identify a 'link' between two things doesn't make it significant or important. Can't judge Jodie Foster on the action of Mark Chapman. Can't judge Islam on the basis of the acts of its most extreme disciplines. Do you see the analogy? It's a sound one.

BoJo on 18:08 - Mar 31 with 803 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 17:37 - Mar 31 by DorsetIan

This thread starting by a suggestion (not from you) that a fear of Islam was rational. I was getting back to the main point. It's not.

The relevance to what you were saying is that just because you can identify a 'link' between two things doesn't make it significant or important. Can't judge Jodie Foster on the action of Mark Chapman. Can't judge Islam on the basis of the acts of its most extreme disciplines. Do you see the analogy? It's a sound one.

You said a fear of Islam is completely irrational. It’s not really.
You might not fear it as you live in a civilised country where religious extremism has been mostly consigned to history. If you lived in some different country you’d have a much higher chance of being murdered because of religion, or be caught up in a conflict, or die of AIDS or starvation as your religion forbids contraception.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 18:09]

BoJo on 18:19 - Mar 31 with 785 views1885_SFC

BoJo on 18:08 - Mar 31 by Bicester_North

You might not fear it as you live in a civilised country where religious extremism has been mostly consigned to history. If you lived in some different country you’d have a much higher chance of being murdered because of religion, or be caught up in a conflict, or die of AIDS or starvation as your religion forbids contraception.

... or gunned down for giving little kids the polio vaccine:

https://news.yahoo.com/afghan-officials-3-women-working-103010201.html

Old School is Cool

BoJo on 18:23 - Mar 31 with 783 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 17:05 - Mar 30 by 1885_SFC

Taking Europe alone; those countries "get by" because they are under the nuclear umbrella of Britain & France (both members of NATO)... with France having more nuclear warheads than Britain incidentally.

The threat of nuclear conflict did not end with the Cold War.

The reality is that our deterrent protects us every hour of every day.

Fine. But why do we need to increase our warheads by 40%?
BoJo on 18:58 - Mar 31 with 774 viewsJaySaint

BoJo on 18:23 - Mar 31 by Sadoldgit

servicabiliyty, availability?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

BoJo on 19:07 - Mar 31 with 767 views1885_SFC

BoJo on 18:23 - Mar 31 by Sadoldgit

Because the Royal Navy will have new, larger nuclear subs by the mid-2030's that are capable of carrying a lot more warheads. New, larger subs (x 4 eventually) with a much bigger capacity equals more warheads. We always have a nuclear sub at sea 365 days of the year - somewhere in the world. If it can carry 40% more missiles than its predecessor - then that's a big bonus & an even bigger deterrent.

Old School is Cool

BoJo on 20:02 - Mar 31 with 737 viewsBison

BoJo on 15:41 - Mar 31 by Sadoldgit

They are to do with psychopaths who attach themselves to a religion. The vast majority of Muslims are normal, peaceful people. Islam is a peaceful religion. Sadly there are people who chose to misinterpret its teachings to suit their own agendas.

So its just a co-incidence that there are a lot of nutters around Batley who's kids go to Batley Grammar School. My suspicion is that if that had happened at any school there would be the same amount of Muslim's baying for a teachers head . It would make me question whether Muslims are normal peaceful people against censorship yet can get so irate over a cartoon.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

BoJo on 09:51 - Apr 1 with 687 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo on 18:08 - Mar 31 by Bicester_North

It is irrational. I started by saying that it's one thing to fear Islamic extremists.

The irrational bit is extrapolating from what they do to the whole of Islam.

The arguments 'some people are X, therefore all people are X' is as irrational as it gets.

It's as irrational in rural Dorset as it was in ancient Greece.

BoJo on 10:18 - Apr 1 with 671 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 09:51 - Apr 1 by DorsetIan

It is irrational. I started by saying that it's one thing to fear Islamic extremists.

The irrational bit is extrapolating from what they do to the whole of Islam.

The arguments 'some people are X, therefore all people are X' is as irrational as it gets.

It's as irrational in rural Dorset as it was in ancient Greece.

Ian- has religion contributed to the deaths I’ve mentioned above, just yes or no is fine.

I haven’t said “some people are x so all people are x” at all, not sure what you’re on about.

BoJo on 10:52 - Apr 1 with 659 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo on 10:18 - Apr 1 by Bicester_North

Ian- has religion contributed to the deaths I’ve mentioned above, just yes or no is fine.

I haven’t said “some people are x so all people are x” at all, not sure what you’re on about.

If you don't know what I'm on about, I think trying to simplify everything into one banal question isn't going to help you much. And I'm happy to leave it on the basis of what I've already said.

BoJo on 11:17 - Apr 1 with 650 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 10:52 - Apr 1 by DorsetIan

If you don't know what I'm on about, I think trying to simplify everything into one banal question isn't going to help you much. And I'm happy to leave it on the basis of what I've already said.

No further questions your honour. Case dismissed.

BoJo on 17:27 - Apr 1 with 582 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 20:02 - Mar 31 by Bison

So its just a co-incidence that there are a lot of nutters around Batley who's kids go to Batley Grammar School. My suspicion is that if that had happened at any school there would be the same amount of Muslim's baying for a teachers head . It would make me question whether Muslims are normal peaceful people against censorship yet can get so irate over a cartoon.

It wasn’t that long ago that Christians got themselves in a lather over blasphemy. Do your remember Malcolm Mugeridge in the interview with John Cleese and Michael Palin over the Life of Brian? Christians in this country used to burn each other at the stake for holding opposing views. Whilst I agree that many of them (Muslims) are still strongly rooted in the past, we need to accept that there are certain things that are sacred to them and make the appropriate allowances.
BoJo on 17:30 - Apr 1 with 579 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 17:27 - Apr 1 by Sadoldgit

It wasn’t that long ago that Christians got themselves in a lather over blasphemy. Do your remember Malcolm Mugeridge in the interview with John Cleese and Michael Palin over the Life of Brian? Christians in this country used to burn each other at the stake for holding opposing views. Whilst I agree that many of them (Muslims) are still strongly rooted in the past, we need to accept that there are certain things that are sacred to them and make the appropriate allowances.

Not if they contradict our democracy we don’t. They are free to worship and have festivals etc, that’s all that’s needed?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 17:30]

BoJo on 19:12 - Apr 1 with 544 viewsJaySaint

BoJo on 17:27 - Apr 1 by Sadoldgit

Not allowing gays to get married was sacred to Christians not too long ago. Perhaps we should have accepted it and make appropriate allowances?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024