Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BoJo 21:03 - Oct 31 with 4983 viewssaint22

Gone in January
Saddling this country with Brexit then walking
BoJo on 15:04 - Mar 29 with 803 viewsDorsetIan

BoJo on 14:16 - Mar 29 by Bazza

I agree which is why the consistent failure of the EU accounts to pass audit worried me greatly but didn’t raise concern from you or Soggy. Strange? Or do we all focus on the bigger picture rather than the disgruntled hearsay of an attention seeking dumped old flame?

You are right that I looked at the bigger picture when judging the EU, accepted that it was not perfect, but felt that by and large it was not a fundamentally currupt institution. That said, I was very happy for all efforts to root our corrupt practices and individuals within the organisation to continue and did not expect anyone to receive a blind eye.

Isn't it completely different when you know you are dealing with a dishonest or corrupt individual. If someone allows £126,000 to go to their f*ck buddy, aren't they simply corrupt?

And maybe had we stamped down on this £126,000 two years ago, we wouldn't now be talking about the £32 billion to Boris' test and trace mates.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

BoJo on 15:14 - Mar 29 with 795 viewsgrumpy

BoJo on 14:16 - Mar 29 by Bazza

I agree which is why the consistent failure of the EU accounts to pass audit worried me greatly but didn’t raise concern from you or Soggy. Strange? Or do we all focus on the bigger picture rather than the disgruntled hearsay of an attention seeking dumped old flame?

'consistent failure of the EU accounts'

Can you give evidence of that?

How long do you think 27 countries would stay in the union if that was so?
BoJo on 15:58 - Mar 29 with 753 viewskentsouthampton

BoJo on 15:14 - Mar 29 by grumpy

They pass an audit every year, it's a myth that morons like him keep spouting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36276175

"Reality Check verdict: The Court of Auditors has signed the EU accounts every year since 2007"
BoJo on 16:04 - Mar 29 with 750 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 15:58 - Mar 29 by kentsouthampton

"Reality Check verdict: The Court of Auditors has signed the EU accounts every year since 2007"

Reality Check verdict: Arthur Hucksake has not updated or cleaned his kitchen since 1974

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

BoJo on 16:08 - Mar 29 with 750 viewsBazza

BoJo on 15:14 - Mar 29 by grumpy

You can look up European Court of Auditors ( EU appointed one for each country)and you’ll see the accounts are ‘qualified’ that is there are concerns. No external sign off since 1994. In 2003 an auditor was dismissed for her criticism!
Few businesses would be happy with that from external auditors and Directors would be expected to resolve issues in reasonable time. EU been living with that for several years.
BoJo on 16:35 - Mar 29 with 734 viewsBison

BoJo on 14:17 - Mar 29 by Sadoldgit

You don’t recall that he was, at that time, playing down his relationship with Acuri. I mentioned it because it is now all over the press at the moment that they had a sexual relationship for for years. He was married at the time and even shagged her in the marital home, and yet he doesn’t call that, or the fact that he gladly spent your money on her, an impropriety?
It wasn’t that long ago that people resigned from public office for such behaviour. Now it seems you can do what you want and your supporters lap it up.

I thought I was on the Dear Deidre Problem page or Hello! Magazine.

Infidelity , Shagging , Marital home and a Yank after publicity , great stuff. If you swap the Yank for a Scouser it reminds me of when I first met my Mrs.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

BoJo on 17:10 - Mar 29 with 718 viewsBazza

BoJo on 15:58 - Mar 29 by kentsouthampton

Court of Auditors is a EU body. Each year up to 2014 they have passed their accounts with their view of tolerable inaccuracies of around 5B! That is not any what normal independent external auditors would call signing off. Several whistleblower finance audit staff have been sacked.
Believe the EU?
BoJo on 18:51 - Mar 29 with 686 viewsgrumpy

BoJo on 16:08 - Mar 29 by Bazza

You can look up European Court of Auditors ( EU appointed one for each country)and you’ll see the accounts are ‘qualified’ that is there are concerns. No external sign off since 1994. In 2003 an auditor was dismissed for her criticism!
Few businesses would be happy with that from external auditors and Directors would be expected to resolve issues in reasonable time. EU been living with that for several years.

'Don't throw stones in glass houses'comes to mind.
Login to get fewer ads

BoJo on 19:06 - Mar 29 with 678 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 16:35 - Mar 29 by Bison

I thought I was on the Dear Deidre Problem page or Hello! Magazine.

Infidelity , Shagging , Marital home and a Yank after publicity , great stuff. If you swap the Yank for a Scouser it reminds me of when I first met my Mrs.

Was she a pole dancer? 😉
BoJo on 19:24 - Mar 29 with 672 views1885_SFC

BoJo on 13:47 - Mar 29 by DorsetIan

At the time Boris assured everyone that he had 'no interest to declare'.

It's amazing how the 2008 MP's expenses scandal could have had such political impact and yet now it's clear that the PM syphoned £126,000 of public funds to someone he was shagging and nobody really cares.

Why does nobody care? Is this just the price that people are prepared to pay to have Boris in charge?

Easy to see how corruption can take hold in a country.

It's not a case of it being the price that people are prepared to pay to have Boris.

It's a case of it being yet another MP involved in a financial scandal of sorts... in which case - would any member of the public bat an eyelid or seem surprised?

No. Not me. Not one tiny little bit.

Old School is Cool

BoJo on 20:04 - Mar 29 with 654 viewsBazza

BoJo on 19:24 - Mar 29 by 1885_SFC

It's not a case of it being the price that people are prepared to pay to have Boris.

It's a case of it being yet another MP involved in a financial scandal of sorts... in which case - would any member of the public bat an eyelid or seem surprised?

Nor me especially when the mega EU with its 800 strong audit department can never balance its books. It should be shocking but it’s not any longer.

Anyway Boris has never pretended to be innocent about his affair. Have any of the red top news hounds really detailed his business arrangement with his extra marital partner?
BoJo on 22:31 - Mar 29 with 618 viewsSadoldgit

This is the problem though. We constantly let them get away with it. Perhaps it’s time we started saying enough is enough? It’s bad enough that MP’s feel that it is ok to do this shit, but this is the PM.
BoJo on 10:28 - Mar 30 with 567 viewsSadoldgit

Whilst we are talking about the misuse of public money, the new media room was unveiled yesterday looking no better than the previous one. In fact it look like it had been decked out by IKEA. Another £2.6m wasted. Even the Telegraph slagged it off!
BoJo on 10:55 - Mar 30 with 558 viewssaint22

BoJo on 20:04 - Mar 29 by Bazza

Nor me especially when the mega EU with its 800 strong audit department can never balance its books. It should be shocking but it’s not any longer.

Anyway Boris has never pretended to be innocent about his affair. Have any of the red top news hounds really detailed his business arrangement with his extra marital partner?

I couldn't care less who or how many toff birds BoJo ploughs through, its more the fact that his attitude towards women and relationships appears to extend to the way he treats this country, like a rich mans play thing
He is an immoral useless silver spoon fed imbecile, dress it up however you want that's what he has always been and will continue to be
Not fit to lead
BoJo on 10:58 - Mar 30 with 553 viewsBison

BoJo on 10:28 - Mar 30 by Sadoldgit

Whilst we are talking about the misuse of public money, the new media room was unveiled yesterday looking no better than the previous one. In fact it look like it had been decked out by IKEA. Another £2.6m wasted. Even the Telegraph slagged it off!

There was a journalist on Todays Papers or whatever it is on SKY. He said the old one had no toilet for journalists , the comms were awful and it was held together by blue tack. It needed updating and you do realise it will be used by every government so not just a Tory plaything...... wait a minute I see your point now , yes Labour wont be using it soon....

BoJo on 11:03 - Mar 30 with 553 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 10:58 - Mar 30 by Bison

There was a journalist on Todays Papers or whatever it is on SKY. He said the old one had no toilet for journalists , the comms were awful and it was held together by blue tack. It needed updating and you do realise it will be used by every government so not just a Tory plaything...... wait a minute I see your point now , yes Labour wont be using it soon....

I know a few people who could fix those problems for a lot less than £2.6m quid.
BoJo on 11:13 - Mar 30 with 547 viewsBison

BoJo on 11:03 - Mar 30 by Sadoldgit

I know a few people who could fix those problems for a lot less than £2.6m quid.

Diesel Dave or Bob the plumber ?

BoJo on 11:29 - Mar 30 with 549 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 11:13 - Mar 30 by Bison

Diesel Dave or Bob the plumber ?

Both!

We can’t afford to give the Care workers a decent rise but we can find money for more pointless nuclear weapons, a make over to a media room, a useless track and trace system and an American women’s business. It doesn’t matter which political party you support, at some point people have to start realising that there are better ways to spend public money.
BoJo on 11:38 - Mar 30 with 546 viewsDorsetIan

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Because none of us are surprised, we ignore it. And that creates a system where the people who are the most dishonest - the one's with a long history of it - are the one's most likely to get away with it.

It's a form of cynicism ('oh, he's just like that, they're all like that') that ultimately only benefits the wrongdoer.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

BoJo on 11:49 - Mar 30 with 540 viewsBison

BoJo on 11:29 - Mar 30 by Sadoldgit

Both!

We can’t afford to give the Care workers a decent rise but we can find money for more pointless nuclear weapons, a make over to a media room, a useless track and trace system and an American women’s business. It doesn’t matter which political party you support, at some point people have to start realising that there are better ways to spend public money.

You have tunnel vision SoG's you compare everything to your latest obsession , we must move on and modernise with the times . If you had been around when they were discussing whether in invest in the Spitfire you would of said what a waste of money , we have the Sopworth Camel , it flies doesn't it ?

BoJo on 12:02 - Mar 30 with 535 views1885_SFC

BoJo on 11:29 - Mar 30 by Sadoldgit

Both!

It's an age-old, ongoing argument - but personally, I wouldn't call Britain's nuclear warhead programme "pointless".

In a nutshell; we are increasing them because the likes of Russia & China pose a very big threat in future years & we have an obligation to NATO to help protect the West. Throw in North Korea & Iran and you have a huge threat coming from the East. We can't (and shouldn't) rely on the US alone to protect Europe.

Just as importantly, the UK will no longer place a public limit on the proportion of that stockpile that is operational at any given time (which had previously been set at 120 warheads), nor will it give any public information on the number of warheads and missiles deployed on its ballistic missile submarines. More warheads does not automatically mean more deterrence, though it may increase the number of targets that a single deployed submarine can hold at risk, or increase the likelihood that a credible two-boat patrol at a time of crisis could be achieved. This means that the number of operational missiles and deployed warheads that the UK might deploy at any one time has increased, perhaps quite substantially: both the Vanguard-class and Dreadnought-class submarine can carry vastly in excess of the 40 warhead limit.

After all is said & done - it is what it is at the end of the day. A deterrent.

Old School is Cool

BoJo on 12:12 - Mar 30 with 527 viewsBazza

Soggy you gave a major benefit of EU as preventing wars. Well with nuclear deterrent we are members of a more powerful club protecting against wars not just in Europe but wherever the danger arises.
BoJo on 12:18 - Mar 30 with 526 views1885_SFC

BoJo on 11:38 - Mar 30 by DorsetIan

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Because none of us are surprised, we ignore it. And that creates a system where the people who are the most dishonest - the one's with a long history of it - are the one's most likely to get away with it.

It's a form of cynicism ('oh, he's just like that, they're all like that') that ultimately only benefits the wrongdoer.

The expenses scandal of a few years ago made the public aware that the vast majority of MP's can all be tarred with the same brush. Throw in countless financial scandals & ill-gotten gains over many decades of British politics and it's not even a news story any more!

It's a dirty, mucky business is politics.

Old School is Cool

BoJo on 14:58 - Mar 30 with 490 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 12:12 - Mar 30 by Bazza

Soggy you gave a major benefit of EU as preventing wars. Well with nuclear deterrent we are members of a more powerful club protecting against wars not just in Europe but wherever the danger arises.

Ok but how many nuclear warheads do you need? Many countries don’t have any and get by just fine. We have a deterrent. Will another 40% make us any safer?
BoJo on 17:05 - Mar 30 with 476 views1885_SFC

BoJo on 14:58 - Mar 30 by Sadoldgit

Ok but how many nuclear warheads do you need? Many countries don’t have any and get by just fine. We have a deterrent. Will another 40% make us any safer?

Taking Europe alone; those countries "get by" because they are under the nuclear umbrella of Britain & France (both members of NATO)... with France having more nuclear warheads than Britain incidentally.

The threat of nuclear conflict did not end with the Cold War.

The reality is that our deterrent protects us every hour of every day.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024