Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BoJo 21:03 - Oct 31 with 4985 viewssaint22

Gone in January
Saddling this country with Brexit then walking
BoJo on 19:52 - Apr 1 with 1160 viewsBison

BoJo on 19:12 - Apr 1 by JaySaint

Not allowing gays to get married was sacred to Christians not too long ago. Perhaps we should have accepted it and make appropriate allowances?

"Laws prohibiting blasphemy and blasphemous libel in the United Kingdom date back to the medieval times as common law and in some special cases as enacted legislation. The common law offences of blasphemy and blasphemous libel were formally abolished in England and Wales in 2008 and in Scotland in 2021."

Should we make an appropriate allowance for Islam ? Some would say yes so that our teachers and kids remain safe.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

BoJo on 19:53 - Apr 1 with 1163 viewsBazza

Problem is that some Muslims are stuck in the medieval past. Their holy book does not say wear a hijab or don’t draw pictures of their god. That is the interpretation of certain sects. Sunni can’t agree with Shia Muslims and before you say it just like Catholics and Protestants in the 16th century. Time Muslims moved on. Certainly they should adjust their rules into the customs of whatever country they prefer to live.
Religious leaders have always tried to control the masses while feathering their nests. Why do our bishops live in palaces and still have seats in the Lords?
Respect views of others but only as long as fits in with local laws and customs. Arguably in the UK’s attempt to live in harmony we have become too tolerant.
BoJo on 09:10 - Apr 2 with 1077 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 19:12 - Apr 1 by JaySaint

Not allowing gays to get married was sacred to Christians not too long ago. Perhaps we should have accepted it and make appropriate allowances?

My point exactly. Things do change over time but you have to tread carefully and not just trash people’s sensibilities. It took a long time before gay marriages were accepted. It will take a long time to change other things. Just like it is going to take a long time to irradiate racism.

Interesting that you use Brexit as an example. Returning to a time when Britain was stuck in the past.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 9:23]
BoJo on 20:04 - Apr 6 with 984 viewsbarry_sanchez

BoJo on 09:10 - Apr 2 by Sadoldgit

My point exactly. Things do change over time but you have to tread carefully and not just trash people’s sensibilities. It took a long time before gay marriages were accepted. It will take a long time to change other things. Just like it is going to take a long time to irradiate racism.

Interesting that you use Brexit as an example. Returning to a time when Britain was stuck in the past.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 9:23]

And even then still more welcoming and tolerant than 99% of nations on the planet, this is a great nation SOG, where would you like to live, seriously? Where is better?

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

BoJo on 22:47 - Apr 6 with 943 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 20:04 - Apr 6 by barry_sanchez

And even then still more welcoming and tolerant than 99% of nations on the planet, this is a great nation SOG, where would you like to live, seriously? Where is better?

To know the difference you would have had to live in every other country Barry which I don't believe you have. I can think of several Greek Islands or places in Turkey, Italy and the south of France that I would be happy to live out my days in.
BoJo on 22:58 - Apr 6 with 927 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 22:47 - Apr 6 by Sadoldgit

To know the difference you would have had to live in every other country Barry which I don't believe you have. I can think of several Greek Islands or places in Turkey, Italy and the south of France that I would be happy to live out my days in.

Sorry but if it’s tolerance we’re talking about, those are absolutely shit examples

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

BoJo on 23:23 - Apr 6 with 918 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 22:58 - Apr 6 by Bicester_North

Sorry but if it’s tolerance we’re talking about, those are absolutely shit examples

If it’s tolerance we are talking about there a plenty of areas in the UK I wouldn’t want to live in. I’m talking about places that I would be happy to live in. There is good and bad everywhere but I am sure we would all rather find places to live that ticked as many boxes as possible. Let’s not pretend that this is the perfect place on earth. Like everywhere else, it has its good points and bad points. Good areas and not so good areas.
BoJo on 23:34 - Apr 6 with 906 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 23:23 - Apr 6 by Sadoldgit

If it’s tolerance we are talking about there a plenty of areas in the UK I wouldn’t want to live in. I’m talking about places that I would be happy to live in. There is good and bad everywhere but I am sure we would all rather find places to live that ticked as many boxes as possible. Let’s not pretend that this is the perfect place on earth. Like everywhere else, it has its good points and bad points. Good areas and not so good areas.

Eh? This was about which countries are as tolerant as the UK, not which ones have the best sun or food.

Login to get fewer ads

BoJo on 05:54 - Apr 7 with 871 viewsJaySaint

I know what you mean, imagine bringing up a family with a= white kids in Rotherham or Rochdale. Would be a horrible experience.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 6:24]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

BoJo on 06:49 - Apr 7 with 850 viewssaint22

I see the muppets is back to his blundering incompetent self with Covid-19 vaccine certificates
What a stupid idea, unmanageable and equally pointless when the majority of the working spending public aren’t vaccinated
Someone get rid of this fool
BoJo on 08:12 - Apr 7 with 823 viewsBazza

BoJo on 06:49 - Apr 7 by saint22

I see the muppets is back to his blundering incompetent self with Covid-19 vaccine certificates
What a stupid idea, unmanageable and equally pointless when the majority of the working spending public aren’t vaccinated
Someone get rid of this fool

Majority are already vaccinated with first dose. The only way to open movement and foreign travel is ensure people are vaccinated. Those who aren’t vaccinated risk passing infection.
Those who are against vaccine can stay at home. Only the minorities that can’t have vaccine eg pregnant will miss out but by far the majority will get back to some normality.

Saint tu tu you are just blindly supporting Labour doctrine
BoJo on 08:16 - Apr 7 with 818 viewsJaySaint

BoJo on 08:12 - Apr 7 by Bazza

Majority are already vaccinated with first dose. The only way to open movement and foreign travel is ensure people are vaccinated. Those who aren’t vaccinated risk passing infection.
Those who are against vaccine can stay at home. Only the minorities that can’t have vaccine eg pregnant will miss out but by far the majority will get back to some normality.

Indeed he does. Strangely quiet about this;

https://news.sky.com/story/unite-boss-mccluskey-faces-calls-for-inquiry-over-98m

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

BoJo on 09:22 - Apr 7 with 793 viewssaint22

BoJo on 08:12 - Apr 7 by Bazza

What on earth are you talking about?
Those over 50 may have had the first dose, but the majority??
I know no one under 50 in my area who can get the vaccine yet pal
You make as much sense as the fool Boris
BoJo on 09:34 - Apr 7 with 780 viewsBison

BoJo on 10:28 - Mar 30 by Sadoldgit

Whilst we are talking about the misuse of public money, the new media room was unveiled yesterday looking no better than the previous one. In fact it look like it had been decked out by IKEA. Another £2.6m wasted. Even the Telegraph slagged it off!

Any Unite members on here ? Willing to comment on this SoG 's ?

'The development's key contract was awarded to Liverpool-based Flanagan Group, a firm run by McCluskey ally Paul Flanagan.

A health and safety contract was awarded to SSC, a company owned by David Anderson, the son of former Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson.

Mr Flanagan and both David and Joe Anderson have been arrested on suspicion of bribery as part of a Merseyside Police corruption investigation not linked to Unite.'

Or do you only comment on Tories and Boris ? Whats the word that begins with an 'H'?

https://news.sky.com/story/unite-boss-mccluskey-faces-calls-for-inquiry-over-98m

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

BoJo on 09:59 - Apr 7 with 756 viewsbarry_sanchez

BoJo on 22:47 - Apr 6 by Sadoldgit

In turn it would make you a hypocrite as they all have far worse issues concerning race, rights and human rights abuses.
You'd be buying into that, selective white luxury guilt policy fully operational this morning for you SOG.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

BoJo on 10:04 - Apr 7 with 749 viewsbarry_sanchez

You only seem to find the bad where its suits your agenda an ignore elsewhere, cognitive dissonance.

BoJo on 10:09 - Apr 7 with 740 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 09:22 - Apr 7 by saint22

What on earth are you talking about?
Those over 50 may have had the first dose, but the majority??
I know no one under 50 in my area who can get the vaccine yet pal
You make as much sense as the fool Boris

Benny you must be confused.

There are about 54 million adults in the UK, nearly 32 million have had at least one jab.

That’s a majority.

BoJo on 11:25 - Apr 7 with 708 viewssaint22

BoJo on 10:09 - Apr 7 by Bicester_North

Benny you must be confused.

There are about 54 million adults in the UK, nearly 32 million have had at least one jab.

That’s a majority.

Not the majority who work though pal and keep the country moving a la under 50
Its all well and good having your parents and grandparents vaccinated but its the workers from all fields who now need it and its being paused
BoJo on 12:14 - Apr 7 with 685 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 11:25 - Apr 7 by saint22

Not the majority who work though pal and keep the country moving a la under 50
Its all well and good having your parents and grandparents vaccinated but its the workers from all fields who now need it and its being paused

So they should’ve prioritised all the younger people who weren’t filling up the hospitals?

You should be a minister with genius plans like that.

BoJo on 12:15 - Apr 7 with 687 viewsSadoldgit

BoJo on 10:04 - Apr 7 by barry_sanchez

You only seem to find the bad where its suits your agenda an ignore elsewhere, cognitive dissonance.

You seem to have completely dismissed the idea that many people (not just me) do not comment about every single thing that happens in the world every day on a football forum? Show me all of the threads on here where people are discussing Putin and Russia. Perhaps you should take it up with Nick? I find good and bad everywhere Barry, like most people. There is good in this country and bad in this country. You are the one who seems to find it necessary to bend things to your own agenda which is why you managed to get banned from the only football forum that doesn’t ban people!
BoJo on 17:47 - Apr 7 with 645 viewssaint22

BoJo on 12:14 - Apr 7 by Bicester_North

So they should’ve prioritised all the younger people who weren’t filling up the hospitals?

You should be a minister with genius plans like that.

No pal they should have made sure they had vaccines for all before they started patting themselves on the back

Lets just see what happens come July.........
BoJo on 18:21 - Apr 7 with 626 viewsBicester_North

BoJo on 17:47 - Apr 7 by saint22

No pal they should have made sure they had vaccines for all before they started patting themselves on the back

Lets just see what happens come July.........

The Moderna one is about to be rolled out isn’t it?

Or do you mean they should’ve waited until now before they started vaccinating anyone at all?

BoJo on 20:16 - Apr 7 with 600 viewsbarry_sanchez

BoJo on 12:15 - Apr 7 by Sadoldgit

You seem to have completely dismissed the idea that many people (not just me) do not comment about every single thing that happens in the world every day on a football forum? Show me all of the threads on here where people are discussing Putin and Russia. Perhaps you should take it up with Nick? I find good and bad everywhere Barry, like most people. There is good in this country and bad in this country. You are the one who seems to find it necessary to bend things to your own agenda which is why you managed to get banned from the only football forum that doesn’t ban people!

I left, Pap then banned me the fanny, his loss, the forum looks shite now.

BoJo on 12:17 - Apr 8 with 536 viewsSalisburySaint

wonder Bojo will blame for problems in Ulster, caused by the ill conceived / unworkable element of Brexit agreement regarding the NI / Republic and UK borders

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56664868
BoJo on 16:36 - Apr 8 with 503 views1885_SFC

BoJo on 12:17 - Apr 8 by SalisburySaint

wonder Bojo will blame for problems in Ulster, caused by the ill conceived / unworkable element of Brexit agreement regarding the NI / Republic and UK borders

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56664868

I think, despite the fact it's difficult for some to follow, that other factors were the catalyst for the present troubles...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53275733

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024