Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dougie Wragg R.I.P 07:45 - Nov 14 with 2608 viewshammerdale

The West Ham United website has reported the death of Doug Wragg .A member of the Spotland 1962 League Cup Final team, Doug was a contemporary of Bobby Moore in his early West Ham days. He was a popular figure at Spotland and was dubbed " Bilko" due to his resemblance to Phil Silvers. Rest in peace Doug Wragg.
Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 10:48 - Nov 14 with 2512 viewsmingthemerciless

Doug was the first right winger when I first started going to Spotland. On his day he was a tricky dribbler who scored a few goals.
Thanks for the memories Doug.
Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 11:08 - Nov 14 with 2497 viewsBuckTheTrend

Played and scored in the first game I ever attended at Spotland in March 1964 (vs Chester). Never realised the West Ham connection - there have been a few over the years.

R.I.P.
Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 12:38 - Nov 14 with 2445 viewsEllDale

RIP Dougie.
Stood out in my eyes as an eight year old because of the hairstyle!
Decent footballer though and I wasn’t aware of the West Ham connections either.
Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 14:02 - Nov 14 with 2413 viewsdavidab2202

On his day a very exciting winger. Perhaps it is age beginning to go down the "good old days route" but fond memories of watching Wragg ,Norman Whitehead and Ronnie Barnes on our right wing .
Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 14:25 - Nov 14 with 2384 viewsTVOS1907

Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 12:38 - Nov 14 by EllDale

RIP Dougie.
Stood out in my eyes as an eight year old because of the hairstyle!
Decent footballer though and I wasn’t aware of the West Ham connections either.

16 appearances for West Ham (1956 to 1960); 121 appearances for Dale (1961 to 1964)

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 14:38 - Nov 14 with 2368 views49thseason

"Wraggie " was one of the first names on my teamsheet back in those early days of my Dale watching. A genuine, " white lime on his boots" winger tricky, pacey, and regularly on the scoresheet. He always struck me as an "older " member of the team, but he was just one of those blokes who went bald earlier than most.
Well played Doug. Thankyou
Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 17:14 - Nov 14 with 2289 viewsD_Dale

Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 11:08 - Nov 14 by BuckTheTrend

Played and scored in the first game I ever attended at Spotland in March 1964 (vs Chester). Never realised the West Ham connection - there have been a few over the years.

R.I.P.

I think that was his last goal for Dale, he left the club at the end of the season.

On his day he was unplayable, though as others have said his appearance belied his age. He was born on 12/9/1934, a few months earlier than Les Massie (20/10/1935) the subject of a recent thread. It's sad to hear that the players of our younger days are passing on, but good to know they are not forgotten.

RIP Dougie.
Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 18:32 - Nov 14 with 2244 viewsBigKindo

Nice guy and a mate of the late Stan Milburn. Would often see them together at Stan's home on Phyllis Street when I lived around the corner on Hartley Street.
RIP
Login to get fewer ads

Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 19:01 - Nov 14 with 2223 viewspioneer

Played for Chesterfield after leaving Dale and was involved in a tragic car crash in which a team mate was killed.
Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 21:13 - Nov 14 with 2166 viewsDiddyDave

Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 14:02 - Nov 14 by davidab2202

On his day a very exciting winger. Perhaps it is age beginning to go down the "good old days route" but fond memories of watching Wragg ,Norman Whitehead and Ronnie Barnes on our right wing .

Wow,Ronnie Barnes,didn`t think anybody on here would remember him,think we got him from Blackpool. Dougie Wragg,remember him well,remember my only ever visit to the Racecourse Ground at Wrexham,Dale got belted 3-0,poor Dougie had a nightmare up against their left back. Typical full back in those days,straight in,no messing about,if they didn`t get the ball,the opposing player would end up in Row Z,Doug Winton up against Brian Douglas comes to mind. RIP Dougie Wragg,`e were a good `un.
Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 23:57 - Nov 15 with 2028 viewsDiddyDave

Following the passing of Sean Connery,I went on his Wikipaedia thread and noticed he`d been involved with Bonnyrig Rose AFC,so googled them. It was a page of about 65 ex players,so I had a shuftie at those and lo and behold,under M,there was a player called Jim McGuigan who,us Dale oldies might recall,played for Dale 1956-59. I remember him well,a left half in the Dave Mackay/Duncan Edwards mould who used to surge into the opposition half like an express train. Think he also played for Crewe and Stockport and went on to manage in the lower leagues.
Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 10:16 - Nov 16 with 1950 viewspioneer

Dougie Wragg R.I.P on 23:57 - Nov 15 by DiddyDave

Following the passing of Sean Connery,I went on his Wikipaedia thread and noticed he`d been involved with Bonnyrig Rose AFC,so googled them. It was a page of about 65 ex players,so I had a shuftie at those and lo and behold,under M,there was a player called Jim McGuigan who,us Dale oldies might recall,played for Dale 1956-59. I remember him well,a left half in the Dave Mackay/Duncan Edwards mould who used to surge into the opposition half like an express train. Think he also played for Crewe and Stockport and went on to manage in the lower leagues.

remember him managing chesterfield around the time of our first promotion
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024