Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist 08:55 - Jan 9 with 1313 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53863/ralph-hasenhuttl-o

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 09:27 - Jan 9 with 1277 viewsTripleNiemi

Let us enjoy the magic and man that is RH for as long as possible. We are on to something a bit special that we have not had since Koeman. We are not a daft bunch us Saints fans and know that at some point there will no doubt be another managerial change, but fingers crossed Ralph will be here for a long while yet. Good, honest bloke imo.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 9:28]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 10:00 - Jan 9 with 1240 viewsChesham_Saint

Further media reports (in my house anyway): Jennifer Aniston is on my short list, IF I dispense with the services of my current partner.

Just saying.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 10:13 - Jan 9 with 1228 viewskernow

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 10:00 - Jan 9 by Chesham_Saint

Further media reports (in my house anyway): Jennifer Aniston is on my short list, IF I dispense with the services of my current partner.

Just saying.

Are you currently in ninth position then?
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 10:50 - Jan 9 with 1196 viewsChesham_Saint

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 10:13 - Jan 9 by kernow

Are you currently in ninth position then?

69th actually.

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 11:54 - Jan 9 with 1148 viewspjt50

I'm not too bothered by this talk.

Hasenhuttl's success has come from working with hungry, usually younger, players where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. With the big 6, the expectation of instant success almost demands marquee signings. I just can't see Hasenhuttl working with the likes of Pogba or Bale.

In any case, as Hasenhuttl frequently says about players, if they want to go they will. The important thing is that the club stays on the right track. Personally I like the way we're run at the moment. We seem to have got "the Southampton way" back. OK it would be good to win a trophy now & again but I got far more enjoyment out of the win on Monday than most L'pool fans would have got from beating us.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 16:25 - Jan 9 with 1010 viewsTripleNiemi

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 11:54 - Jan 9 by pjt50

I'm not too bothered by this talk.

Hasenhuttl's success has come from working with hungry, usually younger, players where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. With the big 6, the expectation of instant success almost demands marquee signings. I just can't see Hasenhuttl working with the likes of Pogba or Bale.

In any case, as Hasenhuttl frequently says about players, if they want to go they will. The important thing is that the club stays on the right track. Personally I like the way we're run at the moment. We seem to have got "the Southampton way" back. OK it would be good to win a trophy now & again but I got far more enjoyment out of the win on Monday than most L'pool fans would have got from beating us.

It would be nice to win a trophy full stop. Also, please stop with this 'The Southampton Way' bollõx as its as cringeworthy as the 'We March On' slogan.

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 16:43 - Jan 9 with 995 viewskernow

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 10:50 - Jan 9 by Chesham_Saint

69th actually.

Wayhey. !
Nice.
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 17:08 - Jan 9 with 958 viewsSaintsforeverj

Chelsea would be the worse place he could go. His bosses would expect him to win things within a year or he wod be sacked. They don't bring through the youth, they don't build a team, they just spend and expect the manager to achieve instant success. He won't go there.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 17:41 - Jan 9 with 938 viewsgreen

From his perspective, if he goes there, then he has the chance to win the title and CL. If he doesn't he still gets a big payout and he could come back to a job at our level. Obviously I don't want him to go but I can see why he would.

It's better to be in the position of other clubs wanting our manager than us wanting to get rid as it shows he's been a success.

Fingers crossed it's just speculation.
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 17:51 - Jan 9 with 932 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 17:41 - Jan 9 by green

From his perspective, if he goes there, then he has the chance to win the title and CL. If he doesn't he still gets a big payout and he could come back to a job at our level. Obviously I don't want him to go but I can see why he would.

It's better to be in the position of other clubs wanting our manager than us wanting to get rid as it shows he's been a success.

Fingers crossed it's just speculation.

I think Ralph is an honest guy, who can't hide his emotions. I have some faith that he is much different to a Hoddle, a Redknapp, a Koeman etc. Ralph comes across as a decent bloke who genuinely cares about us. He seems to enjoy building a team, bringing through young players and has said himself about having a small squad without spending much. Chelsea wouldn't fit that criteria. He might go in time, but not yet. All of his hard work is bearing fruit. I don't think he would do all this hard work, for another manager to get the reward of it: certainly not yet. I have a feeling that he the first time he is approached, he will repay the loyalty shown to him after the Leicester game. Could be wrong but I think he will stay, at least for the time being.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 17:57]

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 17:59 - Jan 9 with 916 viewsthissceptredsaint

i think we may get a pass this time from him as repayment for sticking with him but next time who knows? I think Hassenhutl would like to feel he and his ethos are behind the success of a team and I don't think chequebook champions medals are his style. He wouldn't feel they are an authentic measure of his success as a coach.

Then again...chuck a few million as a wage and I could find an argument to make me go and jump ship ...after all that demand is an indicator in itself.
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 18:26 - Jan 9 with 895 viewspjt50

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 16:25 - Jan 9 by TripleNiemi

It would be nice to win a trophy full stop. Also, please stop with this 'The Southampton Way' bollõx as its as cringeworthy as the 'We March On' slogan.

I'd love to win something too but in the past decade how many teams outside the big six have won one of the 3 main domestic trophies? I make it four. In the past 5 years it's only Leicester. Fantastic if it happens & not impossible but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime WeMarchOn.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 18:30 - Jan 9 with 888 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 17:51 - Jan 9 by Saintsforeverj

I think Ralph is an honest guy, who can't hide his emotions. I have some faith that he is much different to a Hoddle, a Redknapp, a Koeman etc. Ralph comes across as a decent bloke who genuinely cares about us. He seems to enjoy building a team, bringing through young players and has said himself about having a small squad without spending much. Chelsea wouldn't fit that criteria. He might go in time, but not yet. All of his hard work is bearing fruit. I don't think he would do all this hard work, for another manager to get the reward of it: certainly not yet. I have a feeling that he the first time he is approached, he will repay the loyalty shown to him after the Leicester game. Could be wrong but I think he will stay, at least for the time being.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 17:57]

It’s a bit of a myth that Ralph brings through youngsters, he hasn’t brought any through from the academy at saints yet.
A few sub appearances here and there but that’s it. What happened to slattery and last seasons future stars vokins and smallbone?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 18:35 - Jan 9 with 879 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 18:30 - Jan 9 by Butty101

It’s a bit of a myth that Ralph brings through youngsters, he hasn’t brought any through from the academy at saints yet.
A few sub appearances here and there but that’s it. What happened to slattery and last seasons future stars vokins and smallbone?

The difficulty in the PL is that they obviously have to be good enough and it's a slow process. But against Liverpool, he brought on Tella, Ndulunu and Valery. All of them young players. Valery had an immediate appearance in the team when Ralph took over, but personal issues I think affected that. And not that he just bring them through, he also buys young players to develop: Adams, Diallo, Walker-Peters and so on. They are all young. At Chelsea, they just expect the manager to buy a 28 year old at their peak. That is not how Ralph works.

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 21:39 - Jan 9 with 747 viewsTripleNiemi

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 18:26 - Jan 9 by pjt50

I'd love to win something too but in the past decade how many teams outside the big six have won one of the 3 main domestic trophies? I make it four. In the past 5 years it's only Leicester. Fantastic if it happens & not impossible but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime WeMarchOn.

Yep, We March On.....

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 10:16 - Jan 10 with 610 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 18:35 - Jan 9 by Saintsforeverj

The difficulty in the PL is that they obviously have to be good enough and it's a slow process. But against Liverpool, he brought on Tella, Ndulunu and Valery. All of them young players. Valery had an immediate appearance in the team when Ralph took over, but personal issues I think affected that. And not that he just bring them through, he also buys young players to develop: Adams, Diallo, Walker-Peters and so on. They are all young. At Chelsea, they just expect the manager to buy a 28 year old at their peak. That is not how Ralph works.

This is right. He clearly gives plenty of chances to younger, inexperienced players to prove themselves. For me, KWP and Adams have made the grade, he has given Djenepo a lot of chances, first impressions of Diallo are good. Others maybe didn’t show enough and slipped down the order, with new ones appearing (Tella instead of Oba) and he gave Valery another go.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 12:10 - Jan 10 with 566 viewsSadoldgit

He clearly gives the youngsters a chance and it is up to them to take it. If they don’t they soon fall down the pecking order which is fair enough. He will go eventually but I agree with the poster above, not just yet.
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 15:13 - Jan 10 with 478 viewsBerber

Just saying.

I must be older (or odder) than I thought, I'd like her on my shortbread.
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 15:20 - Jan 10 with 471 viewsSadoldgit

Just saying.

I think she is more interested in playing with the youth Chesh. 😉
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 16:12 - Jan 10 with 451 viewsChesham_Saint

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Chelsea Shortlist on 15:20 - Jan 10 by Sadoldgit

I think she is more interested in playing with the youth Chesh. 😉

How did you know my pet name for my manhood was “The Youth”?

Scary!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 16:13]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024