Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer? 08:12 - Jan 12 with 5703 viewslittleleon

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer?

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 08:14 - Jan 12 with 5192 viewsThornburyswan

No from me unless we sold Ayew & still hadn’t brought a striker in.
If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 08:16 - Jan 12 with 5182 viewsvetchonian

Big fat no....would not fit in to our current system....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 08:20 - Jan 12 with 5172 viewslittleleon

I saw he’s training with Newport again, would add some experience and quality to the squad. Could be useful off the bench at times? Has to better than Gyokeres?

Poll: If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer?

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 08:32 - Jan 12 with 5159 viewsChief

Yes, on wages in line with the rest of the squad or on pay as you play only.

Good option off bench if needed and fit.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 08:48 - Jan 12 with 5132 views1462jack

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 08:32 - Jan 12 by Chief

Yes, on wages in line with the rest of the squad or on pay as you play only.

Good option off bench if needed and fit.

Great at defending corners as well
If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 08:57 - Jan 12 with 5110 viewsChief

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 08:48 - Jan 12 by 1462jack

Great at defending corners as well

Yes he was

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 12:24 - Jan 12 with 5015 viewsReslovenSwan1

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 08:57 - Jan 12 by Chief

Yes he was

There are quite a lot of quality players clicking their heals . Dyer and Richards training at Swansea. Bony, Ashley williams There is no indication at all tht Bony is fit. I do not understand why they do not prove themselves at league 2 level or National league first. I would like to see Bony put in a solid 15-20 games somewhere before even considering him. None of these guys need to worry about wages.

Wise sage since Toshack era

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 12:41 - Jan 12 with 4991 viewsNotLoyal

Bony no no no

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 12:43 - Jan 12 with 4991 viewsChief

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 12:24 - Jan 12 by ReslovenSwan1

There are quite a lot of quality players clicking their heals . Dyer and Richards training at Swansea. Bony, Ashley williams There is no indication at all tht Bony is fit. I do not understand why they do not prove themselves at league 2 level or National league first. I would like to see Bony put in a solid 15-20 games somewhere before even considering him. None of these guys need to worry about wages.

I can't understand why Bony didnt or hasn't signed for Newport. His boys in the Swans set up so still has links to South Wales and hes now been training with Newport for some time (maybe not constantly). Why not sign for them on a short term thing and prove fitness / desire?

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 12:45 - Jan 12 with 4985 viewsCatullus

If Bony agreed to play for nothing until he'd shown he was fit and still capable and I doubt if he is now, but maybe.

Those saying yes, are you wearing the rose tinted specs maybe? Time has moved on, Bony hasn't been properly fit.

He has a lot to prove before we should even consider it, remember he's 32 now. Not that old for a properly fit player but for one with long term problems?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 13:01 - Jan 12 with 4968 viewsNotLoyal

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 12:45 - Jan 12 by Catullus

If Bony agreed to play for nothing until he'd shown he was fit and still capable and I doubt if he is now, but maybe.

Those saying yes, are you wearing the rose tinted specs maybe? Time has moved on, Bony hasn't been properly fit.

He has a lot to prove before we should even consider it, remember he's 32 now. Not that old for a properly fit player but for one with long term problems?

Maybe 42 😂

OK I've changed it.

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 13:03 - Jan 12 with 4966 viewsCatullus

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 13:01 - Jan 12 by NotLoyal

Maybe 42 😂

Split the differnce then, 37

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 13:32 - Jan 12 with 4942 viewsonehunglow

We could re sign Cliff Jones.Great winger with a cracking shot. He's fitter than Bony too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 13:49 - Jan 12 with 4921 viewsWhiterockin

Even a fit Bony would not have the work rate of Ayew and Lowe therefore would no longer fit into our style of play. Something off the bench, I would rather a player who can interchange.
If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 17:13 - Jan 12 with 4817 viewsReslovenSwan1

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 13:03 - Jan 12 by Catullus

Split the differnce then, 37

I do not understand this type of talk. It is quite common for African people to look older than Europeans of the same age. Look at Bony's sons for example.

It seems to me to be a little disrespectful as well.

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 17:16 - Jan 12 with 4809 viewsKeithHaynes

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 17:13 - Jan 12 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not understand this type of talk. It is quite common for African people to look older than Europeans of the same age. Look at Bony's sons for example.

It seems to me to be a little disrespectful as well.

There’s actual paperwork discrepancy related to his age.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 22:02 - Jan 12 with 4701 viewsCatullus

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 13:32 - Jan 12 by onehunglow

We could re sign Cliff Jones.Great winger with a cracking shot. He's fitter than Bony too

What about Emnes or Narsingh, Paloschi or N'Gog?

I hear HJ still has a list we can use.

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 22:11 - Jan 12 with 4696 viewsAnotherJohn

Hard to say how fit Wilf is, but I'd consider a trial with a view to a pay per game deal at the right price. It is true that he doesn't fit our current plan A, but he could be a target man in a plan B from the bench.
If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 4601 viewsReslovenSwan1

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 22:11 - Jan 12 by AnotherJohn

Hard to say how fit Wilf is, but I'd consider a trial with a view to a pay per game deal at the right price. It is true that he doesn't fit our current plan A, but he could be a target man in a plan B from the bench.

So why does he not play for Newport on £1000 a week?

From his point of view a poor injury ridden spell with no goals woud confirm he is no longer fit for purpose. He would get a few kicks for sure and it would be gruelling. There will be no where to go.

A secessful spell staying fit and getting 10-15 goals and looking a class above would mean he is back in the game and with potentially 2-3 years left in the game. I see not reason to debate his age. That is tittle tattle.

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 17:34 - Jan 13 with 4536 viewsGaryjack

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 17:16 - Jan 12 by KeithHaynes

There’s actual paperwork discrepancy related to his age.

Does anyone know how old his wife is? If she's the same age then they had two children whilst they were aged between 16 and 18. If she's any younger then we're on dodgy ground!
If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 10:22 - Jan 18 with 4428 viewsWhiterockin

'Would I rejoin Swansea? Why not?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55696327
If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 10:29 - Jan 18 with 4413 viewsNotLoyal

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 10:22 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

'Would I rejoin Swansea? Why not?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55696327

I can come up with a fistful of reasons 😉

OK I've changed it.

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 11:00 - Jan 18 with 4391 viewsDr_Winston

It's become the fashion to sneer at Wilf but in his first spell here he was borderline unplayable at times. For my money the best centre forward I've seen in 30 years of following the Swans (against some not particularly stiff alternatives at times admittedly).

Having said that he's not what we need now, concerns over fitness aside. Seems to me that we're building a game plan around pacy, mobile forwards, which isn't his game and never was. If we were still about possession and building moves he might be worth a look on a pay as you play, as it stands it's a no.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 11:05 - Jan 18 with 4384 viewsJoe_bradshaw

By the end of his second spell here he struggled to run and couldn’t get off the ground when he tried to jump.

We’d all love the Bony of 6 or 7 years ago but he doesn’t exist any more.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 11:11 - Jan 18 with 4365 viewsMrSwerve

If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer on 11:05 - Jan 18 by Joe_bradshaw

By the end of his second spell here he struggled to run and couldn’t get off the ground when he tried to jump.

We’d all love the Bony of 6 or 7 years ago but he doesn’t exist any more.

That is the crux of it. End of thread really.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024