Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot 19:38 - Jan 16 with 2810 viewsdarthvader

comon saints !!

keep the faith coyr

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 21:55 - Jan 16 with 929 viewsIngskneeslide

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 21:48 - Jan 16 by saint22

Sooner vestergaard is back to replace stephens the better

Three clean sheets in a row until tonight you dreary mess. Always going to be a tough game and the ref killed any outside chance we might have had. Cant fault our effort though
MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 21:56 - Jan 16 with 916 viewsJaySaint

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 21:55 - Jan 16 by Ingskneeslide

Three clean sheets in a row until tonight you dreary mess. Always going to be a tough game and the ref killed any outside chance we might have had. Cant fault our effort though

no need to blame the ref. it was not the ref who made us not trouble the keeper much in the game. Which is a common theme these days
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 21:58]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:03 - Jan 16 with 874 viewsHeisenberg

I'm sure there will be the usual whining but thought we played well. First half better but can't fault the effort. We lost against a good Leicester side. Move on and with players coming back from injury we will have a great second half of th season.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:09 - Jan 16 with 850 viewsA1079

Have to agree with Ingskneeslide Saint 22. Our defence has been pretty solid for a number of games and even tonight Bednarek had an excellent second half. Our problem is scoring - I think it is One goal in 4 or 5 games!

It was an excellent first half and we played really well in the first 45 minutes and could not complain despite the goal, but we needed to be more clinical though Schmeicel made some good saves.

We went off the pace in the 2nd half and Leicester changed their tactics by snuffing out our midfield. We also lost our composure a bit.

Walcott reminded me of Redmond - full of promise but gave the ball away when it mattered and poor final ball.

Lack of quality and experience on the bench told in the end but on the whole considering the team we had and the age and experience of the subs we gave a good account of ourselves. We just don't have enough quality in depth to really mount a sustained challenge on the top 6, but just occasionally we can upset them. I fear that that may be a factor when Ings finally makes his decision. Do we as a club want to push on to the next level or are the club happy for Ralph to try and eek out those occasional good moments? But, we have some good youngsters and some great foundation in the team and in some of the players coming through. Smallbone did well and Diallo looks good. But, I can't see a goalscorer amongst them though and sadly Adams is not clinical enough.
MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:10 - Jan 16 with 845 viewsJaySaint

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:03 - Jan 16 by Heisenberg

I'm sure there will be the usual whining but thought we played well. First half better but can't fault the effort. We lost against a good Leicester side. Move on and with players coming back from injury we will have a great second half of th season.

Agree with that.

Always a big ask when we had at least 3 starters out, who have been arguably our 3 best players this season.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:17 - Jan 16 with 814 viewssaint22

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:09 - Jan 16 by A1079

Have to agree with Ingskneeslide Saint 22. Our defence has been pretty solid for a number of games and even tonight Bednarek had an excellent second half. Our problem is scoring - I think it is One goal in 4 or 5 games!

It was an excellent first half and we played really well in the first 45 minutes and could not complain despite the goal, but we needed to be more clinical though Schmeicel made some good saves.

We went off the pace in the 2nd half and Leicester changed their tactics by snuffing out our midfield. We also lost our composure a bit.

Walcott reminded me of Redmond - full of promise but gave the ball away when it mattered and poor final ball.

Lack of quality and experience on the bench told in the end but on the whole considering the team we had and the age and experience of the subs we gave a good account of ourselves. We just don't have enough quality in depth to really mount a sustained challenge on the top 6, but just occasionally we can upset them. I fear that that may be a factor when Ings finally makes his decision. Do we as a club want to push on to the next level or are the club happy for Ralph to try and eek out those occasional good moments? But, we have some good youngsters and some great foundation in the team and in some of the players coming through. Smallbone did well and Diallo looks good. But, I can't see a goalscorer amongst them though and sadly Adams is not clinical enough.

Bednarek indeed played excellently but Stephens was at fault for both goals he is simply nit good enough
Salisu was signed as the answer to our lack of defensive depth and he can’t make the bench
Shame as with ings Romeu and vestergaard we would have drawn at worst tonight
Oh well onwards
Walcott v poor tonight
Let’s see what team Ralph picks Tuesday.......?
MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:19 - Jan 16 with 803 viewsA1079

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:03 - Jan 16 by Heisenberg

Agree Heisenberg. Any team, even the best, would miss having the number of first team players that we had missing. You can't win every game and to be honest, I enjoyed the match. It was a good game of football. I thought it was 2 good sides which Leicester edged in the end on their 2nd half performance.
MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:20 - Jan 16 with 798 viewsIngskneeslide

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:17 - Jan 16 by saint22

Bednarek indeed played excellently but Stephens was at fault for both goals he is simply nit good enough
Salisu was signed as the answer to our lack of defensive depth and he can’t make the bench
Shame as with ings Romeu and vestergaard we would have drawn at worst tonight
Oh well onwards
Walcott v poor tonight
Let’s see what team Ralph picks Tuesday.......?

Genuine question: has there ever been a time when you’ve been happy supporting Saints? No waffle about how you are always striving for better, just name me a season when you’ve been happy and haven’t moaned relentlessly and I’ll leave you alone
Login to get fewer ads

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:36 - Jan 16 with 753 viewsBicester_North

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:20 - Jan 16 by Ingskneeslide

Genuine question: has there ever been a time when you’ve been happy supporting Saints? No waffle about how you are always striving for better, just name me a season when you’ve been happy and haven’t moaned relentlessly and I’ll leave you alone

He/she was happiest in the 2004/2005 season.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:56 - Jan 16 with 716 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:10 - Jan 16 by JaySaint

Agree with that.

Always a big ask when we had at least 3 starters out, who have been arguably our 3 best players this season.

The main differences between tonight's teams -Injuries to our valued Saints players ..... and just look at the differences in Foxes bench -- nearly all Internationals - and Saints bench - with 4 very inexperienced youngsters.

NO I am not blaming anyone - certainly not Ralph ........... It's just the way it is ! ..... let's face it were punching above our weight - just look at are league position! ,,,,, sometimes as a Saints supporter - you have to be realistic. C.O.Y.S.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:58 - Jan 16 with 711 viewsIngskneeslide

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 22:36 - Jan 16 by Bicester_North

He/she was happiest in the 2004/2005 season.

Every week I veer between Skate or weird Saints fan (we do have a tonne) but on balance I think you are probably right
MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 01:26 - Jan 17 with 637 viewsdarthvader

Frustrating for me tonight as although we played some really good stuff at times , we get to the edge of their area and just pass it backwards ...i know im picking nits but when in a good position like that it ends up back with mcarthy who the kicks it into touch . ?

However fine lines , Armstrongs shot was close to ripping the net off if an inch lower and kasper the friendly ghost saved his team a couole of times .so at least we had a go and didnt look like getting stuffed .

I dont know what the phook that ref was playing at letting dailo get fouled like that and then he booked him for less of one .

On a side note some of their players are total kunts the way they tried to badger the ref into sending him off too .
Maddison Vardy and Barnes total big headed bunch of snidey pr.cks.I wish we had Ooo Terry hurlock in there to have a dig at them .

I look foward to having our team back together again the big three missing and not forgetting Redmond too , when we have all of them available again im sure we will be ripping a few teams to shreds .

keep the faith coyr

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 01:37 - Jan 17 with 629 viewsBicester_North

Good summary, we’re not quite getting it together up front at the moment but we could easily have come away with a point today.

This is the sort of year we could win the cup as well, when the fans probably won’t get to see it

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 05:49 - Jan 17 with 601 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Frustrating -- Certainly is - although we played some really good stuff at times , we get to the edge of their area and just pass it backwards ...i know im picking nits ( Your Not darthvader ) It annoys me as well -- when in a good position like that it ends up back with mcarthy who the kicks it into touch . ? SO BLOODY FRUSTRATING? Yes I know that we have to move the opposition players around !! -- to find an opening for us - but to my mind it happens TOO MANY TIMES . . Mind you many others teams do exactly the same Totally NEGATIVE and unimaginative it annoys me immensely and is so BORING!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 6:05]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 10:08 - Jan 17 with 508 viewsRon11

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 05:49 - Jan 17 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Frustrating -- Certainly is - although we played some really good stuff at times , we get to the edge of their area and just pass it backwards ...i know im picking nits ( Your Not darthvader ) It annoys me as well -- when in a good position like that it ends up back with mcarthy who the kicks it into touch . ? SO BLOODY FRUSTRATING? Yes I know that we have to move the opposition players around !! -- to find an opening for us - but to my mind it happens TOO MANY TIMES . . Mind you many others teams do exactly the same Totally NEGATIVE and unimaginative it annoys me immensely and is so BORING!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 6:05]

It's annoying to watch when they're 1-0 down. It would be more understandable when holding on to a 1-0 advantage, especially away.
But they do it at St. Mary's too.
On a different note, anyone think it might be an idea to try Stuart Armstrong nearer the front when we get Romeu back? The lad certainly knows where the goal is.
MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 13:57 - Jan 17 with 440 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 10:08 - Jan 17 by Ron11

It's annoying to watch when they're 1-0 down. It would be more understandable when holding on to a 1-0 advantage, especially away.
But they do it at St. Mary's too.
On a different note, anyone think it might be an idea to try Stuart Armstrong nearer the front when we get Romeu back? The lad certainly knows where the goal is.

Had the same thought about Stuart in the back of my mind Ron! I find it frustrating when he brings the ball from mid-field - then instead of putting our striker through -- tends to give it away to the opposition ...... that puts presser on our defense - worth a try? Could be a great move !.

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 21:06 - Jan 17 with 395 viewsRon11

MatchDay thing ... As nick has forgot on 13:57 - Jan 17 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Had the same thought about Stuart in the back of my mind Ron! I find it frustrating when he brings the ball from mid-field - then instead of putting our striker through -- tends to give it away to the opposition ...... that puts presser on our defense - worth a try? Could be a great move !.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024