Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KWP 14:04 - Jan 25 with 948 viewsBicester_North

Injured in training.

We really are getting some crap luck

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

KWP on 14:05 - Jan 25 with 945 viewsButty101

Nooooooooooooo

Is it a bad one?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

KWP on 14:28 - Jan 25 with 902 viewsTimSaint

KWP on 14:05 - Jan 25 by Butty101

Nooooooooooooo

Is it a bad one?

Full update from the Official Site.....

Ralph Hasenhüttl will be without his familiar full-back pairing when facing Arsenal at St Mary's on Tuesday evening - the second time the Gunners have visited the south coast in the space of four short days.

Saints were triumphant in the FA Cup at the weekend, but the manager is expecting to face a different Arsenal side in league competition, and will have to do so with half of his regular back four sidelined.

Ryan Bertrand misses out through suspension, having collected five yellow cards this season, while Kyle Walker-Peters has sustained a muscle injury in training and is unlikely to feature.

Speaking about Walker-Peters, Hasenhüttl commented: "It looks that he can definitely not make it tomorrow - this is another setback for us, to be honest.

"It's the quad area, he's got some problems. He only warmed up a little bit today and then felt some problems so had to stop.

"After Ryan Bertrand out with his fifth yellow card, we have to find the right solutions at full-back. It's an important position for our game."

The manager also provided an update on Saints' longer-term absentees, with both Nathan Redmond and Oriol Romeu nearing a return.

"The only good news is that Reddie [Nathan Redmond] is back, he will sit tomorrow on the bench. Maybe he is not ready yet to be an option, but he's trained with the team today.

"Ori is coming back, but it's a bit too early for him. Maybe the weekend. Over the next couple of weeks it will look a little bit better which is important, because we have a lot of games."

TimSaint

KWP on 14:34 - Jan 25 with 884 viewsDorsetIan

Very bad news. I love watching him - so comfortable on the ball.

Valery the obviously replacement but I'd feel safer with JWP at right back and Valery in front of him on the right. Vokins left back. Walcott left side midfield. Could still work.

But going to be a really interesting one, with Arsenal no doubt keen to improve on Saturday's effort. Danny and Che, both due goals too.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

KWP on 14:47 - Jan 25 with 868 viewsTimSaint

KWP on 14:34 - Jan 25 by DorsetIan

Very bad news. I love watching him - so comfortable on the ball.

Valery the obviously replacement but I'd feel safer with JWP at right back and Valery in front of him on the right. Vokins left back. Walcott left side midfield. Could still work.

But going to be a really interesting one, with Arsenal no doubt keen to improve on Saturday's effort. Danny and Che, both due goals too.

Yes Valery the obvious replacement, but the thought of Valery and Vokins up against Aubameyang and Pepe is a little scary, but a chance for them to shine all the same !! :-)

If you shift JWP to RB, who are you going to play in a CM with Diallo ? Romeu isn't ready yet, according to the Official Site.

Arse will revert back to pretty much their previous league match line up, due to the fact that they made lots of changes in the Cup, lost and got slated for it - despite the replacements virtually all being Internationals FFS. I'm not so sure they will play around with it so much at the back tomorrow night, as we exploited it so well. But who knows with Arteta, he is copying the Pep way and may stick with it.

TimSaint

KWP on 15:07 - Jan 25 with 830 viewssaint22

KWP on 14:47 - Jan 25 by TimSaint

Yes Valery the obvious replacement, but the thought of Valery and Vokins up against Aubameyang and Pepe is a little scary, but a chance for them to shine all the same !! :-)

If you shift JWP to RB, who are you going to play in a CM with Diallo ? Romeu isn't ready yet, according to the Official Site.

Arse will revert back to pretty much their previous league match line up, due to the fact that they made lots of changes in the Cup, lost and got slated for it - despite the replacements virtually all being Internationals FFS. I'm not so sure they will play around with it so much at the back tomorrow night, as we exploited it so well. But who knows with Arteta, he is copying the Pep way and may stick with it.

Massive loss, he has become integral to all we do going forward and defending
Valery can't be trusted but looks like we have little option
I fancy Vokins to dp fine against Pepe but if Auba is back that may bean issue
Damn we need some depth to our squad, imagine if we had a decent defender who could step in......
KWP on 15:25 - Jan 25 with 788 viewsSalisburySaint

KWP on 15:07 - Jan 25 by saint22

Massive loss, he has become integral to all we do going forward and defending
Valery can't be trusted but looks like we have little option
I fancy Vokins to dp fine against Pepe but if Auba is back that may bean issue
Damn we need some depth to our squad, imagine if we had a decent defender who could step in......

to have decent depth in our squad we need to have the money of so called top 6 clubs, and never will.

We just don't have that, but if we can get a result with under strength team tomorrow with a couple of lads from the academy, I'd take more satisfaction than just bringing in another international like Arsenal and others can do.
KWP on 15:52 - Jan 25 with 753 viewssaint22

KWP on 15:25 - Jan 25 by SalisburySaint

to have decent depth in our squad we need to have the money of so called top 6 clubs, and never will.

We just don't have that, but if we can get a result with under strength team tomorrow with a couple of lads from the academy, I'd take more satisfaction than just bringing in another international like Arsenal and others can do.

I fully appreciate that and am aware
However having spent 12m on a CB we needed to then not be able to play him in the situation we are in is pretty fkn shoddy
KWP on 15:54 - Jan 25 with 750 viewsSadoldgit

Well, the plan was to bring the youth through, so we will see how that works without three regular starters in defence tomorrow night. Vokins looks steady enough but as we know, Valery is a bit flakey at the back. Also we haven’t been scoring many of late so it will be an interesting game all round. Ralph will have earned his money this week big time if he can get a win tomorrow night!
Login to get fewer ads

KWP on 19:52 - Jan 25 with 547 viewsIngskneeslide

KWP on 15:52 - Jan 25 by saint22

However having spent 12m on a CB we needed to then not be able to play him in the situation we are in is pretty fkn shoddy

Maybe if you mention it another 250 times the situation will magically change? That’s the only possible reason I can think of as to why you’re doing it
KWP on 21:34 - Jan 25 with 478 viewsButty101

KWP on 15:52 - Jan 25 by saint22

12mill in this day in age buys you very little. We told targett for more. So why you keep crying about this, I’ve really no idea.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024