Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Full Backs 09:41 - Jan 27 with 929 viewsallsaint

The full back position is crucial to the way we play and I think last night showed how good our first choices are.
The youngsters show promise but I think if KWP and Bertram had been playing we may have prevented all three goals. We also missed their impact going forward.

The meat’s the same, the gravy’s different

Full Backs on 10:47 - Jan 27 with 870 viewsDorsetIan

Completely agree. We were very unlucky to lose both of them at the same time and although their replacements did OK, they clearly weren't as good.

Having said that, I think it was more a case of Stephens getting turned for their first goal and Diallo was a left back for the third, when maybe Bertrand would have been in a better position.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Full Backs on 11:14 - Jan 27 with 853 viewsSonicBoom

All true. It also shows that the second choices are nowhere near the level of Bertrand or KWP. Obviously they can't be expected to step in and perform perfectly.

Let's be honest what did we expect from last night?
We were missing 4 players who not only are regular first teamers but all are critical to the way we play.
Not only that we were playing Arsenal who are in the midst of a resurgence at the moment. We might have got away with it against Brighton or such like but it wasn't to be. We won't be relegated so let's see if we can push on again once the team is back to full strength.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024