Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City in for Baah? 10:47 - Jan 31 with 23756 viewsoddjob007

City in for Baah? on 14:34 - Feb 1 with 4067 viewsHopwoodblue

City in for Baah? on 14:21 - Feb 1 by oddjob007

Sky just announced deal agreed with City with loan back for the season.

Hopefully free of charge as part of the transfer agreement to free his wage up so we can spend it on other recruitments.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 14:37]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

City in for Baah? on 14:48 - Feb 1 with 3891 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

City in for Baah? on 16:09 - Feb 1 with 3536 viewsSandyman

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/01/manchester-city-to-sign-rochdal
City in for Baah? on 16:29 - Feb 1 with 3368 views100notout

City in for Baah? on 14:48 - Feb 1 by DaleiLama

so Sky have jumped the gun?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

City in for Baah? on 16:47 - Feb 1 with 3215 viewsDMR90

Sky sports news just announced he’s signed for a ‘top 6 club’ before going to an ads break
City in for Baah? on 17:15 - Feb 1 with 2956 viewsboromat

Poll: What are we more excited for?

City in for Baah? on 17:25 - Feb 1 with 2870 viewsThacks_Rabbits

City in for Baah? on 17:15 - Feb 1 by boromat

Pardon my ignorance Fitz but what’s the major difference between a transfer now and the pre contract thing, other than I guess we pay his wages until he leaves.

I assume this will be undisclosed but we will have a sell on in place. Appreciate you might not be able to answer part 2.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

City in for Baah? on 19:46 - Feb 1 with 2403 viewsblackdogblue

Live on sky now 😢

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

City in for Baah? on 20:30 - Feb 1 with 2228 viewsShun

Multiple reports of £300K on Twitter, from a reporter who announced the deal at a similar time to Fitzo.

I wasn’t expecting much, but still, £300K for someone with his talent and age is a bit of a pants pulling down moment, especially with other clubs interested. You just know if this were any other club in the league they would’ve got at least double that.
City in for Baah? on 20:33 - Feb 1 with 2201 viewsboromat

City in for Baah? on 20:30 - Feb 1 by Shun

Multiple reports of £300K on Twitter, from a reporter who announced the deal at a similar time to Fitzo.

I wasn’t expecting much, but still, £300K for someone with his talent and age is a bit of a pants pulling down moment, especially with other clubs interested. You just know if this were any other club in the league they would’ve got at least double that.

Guessing we got more than we would with any compensation and with only City actually offering him terms we didn't get a bidding war at all.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

City in for Baah? on 20:35 - Feb 1 with 2174 viewsgolfaduffy

City in for Baah? on 20:30 - Feb 1 by Shun

Beat me to it. £300k widely reported from the City side of things. Makes me wonder why we bother with the undisclosed fee route, as every one has been revealed within days by the other teams.

Agree with Shun that it's not enough for such a young talent. and City know they've had us over.

So... are we THAT desperate for the cash that we roll over and let them tickle our bellies or is it weak negotiating on our part, and who does our negotiating for us?

Been told that we got nowhere near £1m for Luke....not even close.
City in for Baah? on 20:45 - Feb 1 with 2095 viewsDaleiLama

City in for Baah? on 20:35 - Feb 1 by golfaduffy

Beat me to it. £300k widely reported from the City side of things. Makes me wonder why we bother with the undisclosed fee route, as every one has been revealed within days by the other teams.

Agree with Shun that it's not enough for such a young talent. and City know they've had us over.

So... are we THAT desperate for the cash that we roll over and let them tickle our bellies or is it weak negotiating on our part, and who does our negotiating for us?

As we would have lost his services in the summer either way, and something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it, you'd have to assume this was better than letting him walk and getting a worse return from any compo potentially due? Maybe we got more leverage with sell-ons also. It is what it is. Compared to letting NML go for no return, this seems OK to me.

City in for Baah? on 20:49 - Feb 1 with 2047 viewsD_Alien

City in for Baah? on 20:45 - Feb 1 by DaleiLama

As we would have lost his services in the summer either way, and something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it, you'd have to assume this was better than letting him walk and getting a worse return from any compo potentially due? Maybe we got more leverage with sell-ons also. It is what it is. Compared to letting NML go for no return, this seems OK to me.

And to me

If people want to feel like they've had their pants pulled down, i admire their honesty on a public forum but can't see how the club have done anything but gained several hundred thousand pounds out of virtually nothing

Look forward to his performances till the end of the season - we mightn't see him again for quite some time

[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 20:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

City in for Baah? on 20:50 - Feb 1 with 2028 views1907

So we have a player who’s out of contract in a matter of months.

The team who are presently top of the Premier League are the only team to put a solid offer in.

What on earth do you expect us to do? Baah’s head will have been turned immediately. He’s probably just signed a contract that dwarfs anything our top earner gets paid.

Some people are just never happy with whatever our club does. This is the ultimate case of being over a barrel and trying to make the best out of the situation.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 20:59]
City in for Baah? on 20:51 - Feb 1 with 2013 views442Dale

City in for Baah? on 20:45 - Feb 1 by DaleiLama

Yeah, I’d go with ok too. 500k would have been hoped for purely because of the buying club, but 300k for a player with little experience and many flaws still, despite the obvious ability, isn’t bad. He could go on to be a superstar, however we need only look at the sub appearance on Saturday to see he’s got a lot to do to even become a regular for us. Anyway, who can be sure on the whole deal? If he’s still here until summer anyway, we’re no worse off.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

City in for Baah? on 20:55 - Feb 1 with 1958 viewsDaleiLama

City in for Baah? on 20:50 - Feb 1 by 1907

So we have a player who’s out of contract in a matter of months.

The team who are presently top of the Premier League are the only team to put a solid offer in.

What on earth do you expect us to do? Baah’s head will have been turned immediately. He’s probably just signed a contract that dwarfs anything our top earner gets paid.

Some people are just never happy with whatever our club does. This is the ultimate case of being over a barrel and trying to make the best out of the situation.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 20:59]

Bleating about it will achieve nothing

City in for Baah? on 20:56 - Feb 1 with 1956 viewsdingdangblue

Building a good relationship with City can't be bad for the club in the long run - didn't our head of Academy go there a few years back or am I imaging that?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

City in for Baah? on 20:57 - Feb 1 with 1937 views1907

City in for Baah? on 20:55 - Feb 1 by DaleiLama

Bleating about it will achieve nothing

I’m bleating or he’s bleating?

I find it baffling how people are making out we’ve been shafted or the club have let us down in some way.
City in for Baah? on 20:58 - Feb 1 with 1933 viewsAtThePeake

City in for Baah? on 20:56 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

Building a good relationship with City can't be bad for the club in the long run - didn't our head of Academy go there a few years back or am I imaging that?

I seem to remember someone from the backroom staff going to New York City?

Tangled up in blue.

City in for Baah? on 20:59 - Feb 1 with 1915 viewsDaleiLama

City in for Baah? on 20:57 - Feb 1 by 1907

I’m bleating or he’s bleating?

I find it baffling how people are making out we’ve been shafted or the club have let us down in some way.

Him. See my comment above for context

City in for Baah? on 20:59 - Feb 1 with 1911 viewsD_Alien

Could do with photographic evidence?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

City in for Baah? on 21:04 - Feb 1 with 1846 views442Dale

We also got someone from their staff once. That went well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

City in for Baah? on 21:04 - Feb 1 with 1848 viewsBrierls

The undisclosed fees don’t get revealed by the other team. You are choosing to believe what somebody else states it is.

Every time we sell a player there are posts about us getting our pants pulled down or our negotiation being poor. It’s bullshit. If we always had our pants pulled down, every club under the sun would be in for our better players, knowing they’d get a good deal.

Baah was out of contract in the summer. We’re getting £300K that we wouldn’t have got in the summer and we’ve got him for the rest of the season. Nobody else offered money for him.

The Champions of England have just signed a proven Championship centre half for £500K. Get a sense of perspective.
City in for Baah? on 21:09 - Feb 1 with 1796 viewsDaleiLama

City in for Baah? on 21:04 - Feb 1 by 442Dale

We also got someone from their staff once. That went well.

To Eyre is human, to forgive is divine

City in for Baah? on 21:11 - Feb 1 with 1774 viewsTVOS1907

City in for Baah? on 20:58 - Feb 1 by AtThePeake

I seem to remember someone from the backroom staff going to New York City?

Dan Fradley

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024