Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
deja vu 03:40 - Feb 7 with 1827 viewsRipleys_revenge

Identical set of circumstances to last season - lose 9-0 and then follow that up with a demoralising defeat next game. Same thing happened with the Everton game after Leicester last season.

Having watched hte game yesterday, I didn't realise how bad our defending was at the time. Just watched the highlights back. All three goals were atrocious, the last one by far the worst. We have an attacking free kick, for some reason Bertrand takes it not JWP, he blasts it horribly over everyone, and we then follow that up by passing it all the way back to mccarthy who decides to give them a third goal.

Mccarthy's keeping yesterday was horrible - aside from giving them the ball, his positioning was then a disaster. Almiron's shot trickled in at his near post, wasn't hit well at all. Most other keepers would have caught it.

Ugh what a horrible day in the end. Bednarek looked all over the place, they targeted out right side where stephens jogged through the entire game, mostly well out of position. Redmond also terrible final ball. Adams hasn't contributed anything in the last few months, he looks completely shot to me. So many more things wrong with that game, and yes Ralph didn't exactly cover hismelf in glory. Dont know why we didnt stretch it more by adding width?

Onwards and upwards I suppose but jeez that was a very depressing watch
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 3:41]
deja vu on 09:40 - Feb 7 with 1662 viewssaint22

An astute post
As I wrote at the time wtf was that third goal!? Bertrand hoofs it over everyone Redmond picks it up but instead of attacking the box or playing a neat pass inside their full back he dies his backwards pass and t goes all the way back to McCarthy who instead of belting it back with seconds left plays a crap ball to Bertrand who is out of position having taken the corner and we concede!!
How many goals/games has McCarthy given away this season!?

Just read this from Ralph:

We need to hit the reset button,” said the Southampton manager. “We concede too easily, we made it too easy.”

Yes starting with the keeper
deja vu on 11:00 - Feb 7 with 1623 viewskingslandstand1

deja vu on 09:40 - Feb 7 by saint22

An astute post
As I wrote at the time wtf was that third goal!? Bertrand hoofs it over everyone Redmond picks it up but instead of attacking the box or playing a neat pass inside their full back he dies his backwards pass and t goes all the way back to McCarthy who instead of belting it back with seconds left plays a crap ball to Bertrand who is out of position having taken the corner and we concede!!
How many goals/games has McCarthy given away this season!?

Just read this from Ralph:

We need to hit the reset button,” said the Southampton manager. “We concede too easily, we made it too easy.”

Yes starting with the keeper

I'm not going to defend McCarthy for that goal at all, I won't repeat what I shouted out when it happened but my missus certainly wouldn't use that language, but he has on several occasions been MOTM with some brilliant goalkeeping and saves, double saves, and even a triple save from memory and really kept us in games

I believe FF should be between the sticks next week (well certainly on Thursday) as McC's confidence may be shot a bit, but really a keeper is there to be shot down and cannot win unless he plays a blinder

As has been said in one of the paper's this morning, should Ralph take the can for his insistence on playing from the back no matter what, or should that ball have gone hurtling up the field

We all know it should have gone upfield and against orders and for once actually think for yourself

As I've said, he is not a sh1t keeper and no doubt there will be plenty on here on Forster's back when he makes a keeper's obligatory error
deja vu on 11:19 - Feb 7 with 1611 viewssaint22

deja vu on 11:00 - Feb 7 by kingslandstand1

I'm not going to defend McCarthy for that goal at all, I won't repeat what I shouted out when it happened but my missus certainly wouldn't use that language, but he has on several occasions been MOTM with some brilliant goalkeeping and saves, double saves, and even a triple save from memory and really kept us in games

I believe FF should be between the sticks next week (well certainly on Thursday) as McC's confidence may be shot a bit, but really a keeper is there to be shot down and cannot win unless he plays a blinder

As has been said in one of the paper's this morning, should Ralph take the can for his insistence on playing from the back no matter what, or should that ball have gone hurtling up the field

We all know it should have gone upfield and against orders and for once actually think for yourself

As I've said, he is not a sh1t keeper and no doubt there will be plenty on here on Forster's back when he makes a keeper's obligatory error

I agree McCarthy has proved himself an excellent shot stopper and certainly kept us in games no doubt
That said his kicking distribution and playing from the back has cost us as many games as he has won us
deja vu on 12:07 - Feb 7 with 1586 viewsSadoldgit

When I was a nipper you would get a right boll oc king for trying to play football in your own box. Plenty of keepers have given away soft goals by trying to pass it out, not just McCarthy. Hopefully the trend of playing from the back at all costs will end soon and only be tried when the pass is actually on and there is no danger. Bertrand made a mess of it but should never have been put in that position in the first place.
deja vu on 12:34 - Feb 7 with 1560 viewskingslandstand1

deja vu on 12:07 - Feb 7 by Sadoldgit

When I was a nipper you would get a right boll oc king for trying to play football in your own box. Plenty of keepers have given away soft goals by trying to pass it out, not just McCarthy. Hopefully the trend of playing from the back at all costs will end soon and only be tried when the pass is actually on and there is no danger. Bertrand made a mess of it but should never have been put in that position in the first place.

Th trouble is keepers are supposed to be "footballers" as well as "goal stoppers now!
deja vu on 18:03 - Feb 7 with 1467 viewskingslandstand1

deja vu on 11:19 - Feb 7 by saint22

I agree McCarthy has proved himself an excellent shot stopper and certainly kept us in games no doubt
That said his kicking distribution and playing from the back has cost us as many games as he has won us

Tell you what, we'd have a field day with Alison in the Lpool goal having just watched that 2nd City goal
deja vu on 00:45 - Feb 8 with 1350 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, McCarthy and Bednarek had disastrous games. If we were a top team, they'd never play for us again. But, we're not, so I guess we'll still see them wheeled out again although I think they should be rested for a while. Their confidence is shot.

We'll see a much improved performance v Wolves with McCarthy and Bednarek both replaced. 'Clean Sheet' Forster should bring some much needed confidence back to the team.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

deja vu on 07:38 - Feb 8 with 1287 viewsSalisburySaint

deja vu on 00:45 - Feb 8 by dirk_doone

Yes, McCarthy and Bednarek had disastrous games. If we were a top team, they'd never play for us again. But, we're not, so I guess we'll still see them wheeled out again although I think they should be rested for a while. Their confidence is shot.

We'll see a much improved performance v Wolves with McCarthy and Bednarek both replaced. 'Clean Sheet' Forster should bring some much needed confidence back to the team.

be interesting to see who we play in midfield instead of Minimino (cup tied) Thursday, would like to see Tella given a go
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 10:24]
Login to get fewer ads

deja vu on 09:26 - Feb 8 with 1231 viewsBerber

deja vu on 07:38 - Feb 8 by SalisburySaint

be interesting to see who we play in midfield instead of Minimino (cup tied) Thursday, would like to see Tella given a go
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 10:24]

Hard to see how Tella will get a fair crack if not in games like these.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024