Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Jones. 22:07 - Feb 9 with 3832 viewsMasher

Whats he doing these days?

Up The Dale!!

Gary Jones. on 22:23 - Feb 9 with 3768 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good call.....bring yer boots lad, you would get a game here ahead of half the cart horses on show tonight!
Gary Jones. on 22:23 - Feb 9 with 3768 viewsdale1968

He is working in a care home.
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/gary-jones-bradford-rochdale-retirement-care-

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Gary Jones. on 22:24 - Feb 9 with 3747 viewsnordenblue

Gary Jones. on 22:23 - Feb 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good call.....bring yer boots lad, you would get a game here ahead of half the cart horses on show tonight!

We do miss a player of that type or a Shaun Reid type character
Gary Jones. on 22:26 - Feb 9 with 3736 viewsDalenet

Gary Jones. on 22:23 - Feb 9 by dale1968

He is working in a care home.
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/gary-jones-bradford-rochdale-retirement-care-

Well didn't see that coming. Thought he wanted to be a journalist. Good on him for doing his bit but I honestly expected him to go into coaching
Gary Jones. on 22:40 - Feb 9 with 3670 viewsMasher

I was thinking more on the lines of Manager / Caretaker Manager. Wasn't he advertising his services as a fitness and Football coach recently?

Up The Dale!!

Gary Jones. on 09:27 - Feb 10 with 3295 viewsIOMDale

I would love to see Jonah back in and around the club but if he's in a care home looking after the elderly, he's not really suitable is he? We need to be looking for somebody more with crèche experience.

UTDNFS

Gary Jones. on 12:28 - Feb 10 with 3115 viewsTomRAFC

I've never been one for appointing someone to a management position just because they were a good player at that club. Jonah is a legend and I would hate to see him in a position where he may end up out of his depth. Hero as he is, we've not got much reason to expect him to be a league level manager.

McShane has his badges and Paul Cook is out of a job. If we want an eccentric hero, we could always go for Ian holloway?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Gary Jones. on 12:45 - Feb 10 with 3076 viewsD_Alien

Gary Jones. on 12:28 - Feb 10 by TomRAFC

I've never been one for appointing someone to a management position just because they were a good player at that club. Jonah is a legend and I would hate to see him in a position where he may end up out of his depth. Hero as he is, we've not got much reason to expect him to be a league level manager.

McShane has his badges and Paul Cook is out of a job. If we want an eccentric hero, we could always go for Ian holloway?

Exactly. There's plenty of examples of club legends (and Jonah is one of ours) that haven't gone on to be successful as managers. Not everyone, however talented in other respects, is suited to that role and some have the good sense to realise it before putting themselves forward

If Jonah is finding fulfilment in his current work, which one can only applaud, let the lad be

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Gary Jones. on 13:08 - Feb 10 with 3009 viewsJPSDale

Jonah would be great back at the club - manager, I dont think so, but as a assistant then YES.

Currently we have a side that does not know how to grind out a win, we are naive. After all his game time Jonah is not naive and he plays to win

Perhaps Lee Riley has not got the pro football experience required and should step back to coaching in in the academy and Jonah come in to support BBM. We all watched both play, we know they had very different styles, and at the moment our younger players need a bit of Jonahs grit and determination and little less of BBMs pass count stats
Im sure Lee is a good coach, but I dont ever see him pushing back at BBM and really questioning, perhaps too grateful for the chance and thus a Yes Man

Please no more McShane for player coach - hes come for a wage, a good wage no doubt so he should be providing experience to the younger lads whilst doing nothing else, this should not be formalised into a coaching role unless his wages drop accordingly to acknowledge the opportunity Dale are giving him ( lots of ex pros what to coach, most start on peanuts)
Gary Jones. on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 2849 viewsSalegraham

Gary Jones. on 13:08 - Feb 10 by JPSDale

Jonah would be great back at the club - manager, I dont think so, but as a assistant then YES.

Currently we have a side that does not know how to grind out a win, we are naive. After all his game time Jonah is not naive and he plays to win

Perhaps Lee Riley has not got the pro football experience required and should step back to coaching in in the academy and Jonah come in to support BBM. We all watched both play, we know they had very different styles, and at the moment our younger players need a bit of Jonahs grit and determination and little less of BBMs pass count stats
Im sure Lee is a good coach, but I dont ever see him pushing back at BBM and really questioning, perhaps too grateful for the chance and thus a Yes Man

Please no more McShane for player coach - hes come for a wage, a good wage no doubt so he should be providing experience to the younger lads whilst doing nothing else, this should not be formalised into a coaching role unless his wages drop accordingly to acknowledge the opportunity Dale are giving him ( lots of ex pros what to coach, most start on peanuts)

Surely McShane could do both, he's still being paid. Nothing to loose by trying him
Gary Jones. on 15:58 - Feb 10 with 2840 viewsAtThePeake

Where is our future gaffer? (8)

Tangled up in blue.

Gary Jones. on 16:09 - Feb 10 with 2820 viewskel

Gary Jones. on 15:58 - Feb 10 by AtThePeake

Where is our future gaffer? (8)

GARY JONES, GARY JONES, HE IS OUR FUTURE GAFFER, HE IS ONE OF THE BEST, ONE OF ROCHDALES FINEST, HE SCORES, SCORES, SCORES, BETTER THAN THE REST GARY JONES, GARY JONES HE IS OUR FUTURE GAFFER, HE IS THE ONE OF THE BEST, JONAH, JONAH,JONAH (8)
Gary Jones. on 16:15 - Feb 10 with 2795 viewsnordenblue

Gary Jones. on 16:09 - Feb 10 by kel

GARY JONES, GARY JONES, HE IS OUR FUTURE GAFFER, HE IS ONE OF THE BEST, ONE OF ROCHDALES FINEST, HE SCORES, SCORES, SCORES, BETTER THAN THE REST GARY JONES, GARY JONES HE IS OUR FUTURE GAFFER, HE IS THE ONE OF THE BEST, JONAH, JONAH,JONAH (8)

Excally
Gary Jones. on 19:10 - Feb 10 with 2611 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Gary Jones. on 13:08 - Feb 10 by JPSDale

Totally agree.

McShane, whilst I am sure wishes he could play every week has probably made about 20 appearances in 4 years, he has been a waste of a wage by BBM and stopped us potentially having the experienced old head we need eg Peter Clarke.

If BBM does get sacked, which I think now he should, it’s his tactical stupidity and stubbornness as well as signing injured experienced pros and trying to plug the gap with cheap loans or players out of position, that will have contributed massively to this.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Gary Jones. on 19:20 - Feb 10 with 2582 views442Dale

Gary Jones. on 19:10 - Feb 10 by Thacks_Rabbits

Totally agree.

McShane, whilst I am sure wishes he could play every week has probably made about 20 appearances in 4 years, he has been a waste of a wage by BBM and stopped us potentially having the experienced old head we need eg Peter Clarke.

If BBM does get sacked, which I think now he should, it’s his tactical stupidity and stubbornness as well as signing injured experienced pros and trying to plug the gap with cheap loans or players out of position, that will have contributed massively to this.

Clarke, while a good pro, looked to have been finished in appearances for both Bury and Oldham against us. Our strikers always looked to enjoy playing against him. At no stage have we ever missed out on signing him.

The argument about whether we need a player like him - an experienced CH who plays every week - is a valid one. But we could just as easily use the name Andy Butler.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gary Jones. on 20:02 - Feb 10 with 2537 viewsAtThePeake

"It was an eye-opener at first but like everything you grow into it. Every day is different to the previous one. I am happy with the change. I was in football for 20 years and keep my hand in with the media, working for the BBC, but I’ve never wanted to go into coaching and management. With football, one minute you’re up, the next you’re down. If you win on Saturday you are up, lose and you’re down again. It’s a constant battle and I don’t miss that."

https://www.thepfa.com/news/2019/2/28/where-are-they-now-gary-jones

Tangled up in blue.

Gary Jones. on 20:20 - Feb 10 with 2500 viewsjudd

Gary Jones. on 20:02 - Feb 10 by AtThePeake

"It was an eye-opener at first but like everything you grow into it. Every day is different to the previous one. I am happy with the change. I was in football for 20 years and keep my hand in with the media, working for the BBC, but I’ve never wanted to go into coaching and management. With football, one minute you’re up, the next you’re down. If you win on Saturday you are up, lose and you’re down again. It’s a constant battle and I don’t miss that."

https://www.thepfa.com/news/2019/2/28/where-are-they-now-gary-jones

Apparently Bradford were the first 4th tier club to reach the league cup final.

Things you learn, eh?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Gary Jones. on 20:22 - Feb 10 with 2496 viewsboromat

Gary Jones. on 20:20 - Feb 10 by judd

Things you learn, eh?

Better off with Wikipedia sometimes.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Gary Jones. on 20:36 - Feb 10 with 2463 viewsTVOS1907

Gary Jones. on 20:20 - Feb 10 by judd

Things you learn, eh?

That's because football didn't start until 1992.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Gary Jones. on 20:45 - Feb 10 with 2450 viewsjudd

Gary Jones. on 20:36 - Feb 10 by TVOS1907

That's because football didn't start until 1992.

My f*****g bad

Poll: What is it to be then?

Gary Jones. on 22:01 - Feb 10 with 2323 viewsTVOS1907

Gary Jones. on 19:10 - Feb 10 by Thacks_Rabbits

Totally agree.

McShane was a desperation signing, arriving as he did outside the transfer window and the week after we'd just played Calvin at centre-half at AFC Wimbledon.

At the time, Clarke was a first team regular for Fleetwood.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024