Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cult of hassenhutl 13:52 - Feb 14 with 3820 viewsJaySaint

6 defeats in a row (top flight) for the first time ever....

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

The cult of hassenhutl on 18:27 - Feb 14 with 841 viewsKennington

The cult of hassenhutl on 18:03 - Feb 14 by Sadoldgit

I didn’t think Redmond was that bad today. He brought out a good save from the keeper with a curler in the first half and missed it a golden opportunity from a pull back but at least he was getting into those positions. We played very well in the first half as a team but didn’t look like the same team in the second half.

He’s a forward that wins a game for us once a season at best and that’s including the good run he had a few years ago. We have such low expectations anything he does that’s alright is seen as huge. But I don’t think Wallcot or Djenepo are really any better

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The cult of hassenhutl on 18:36 - Feb 14 with 822 viewsUlsterBaz

The cult of hassenhutl on 17:31 - Feb 14 by DorsetIan

We also haven't got anything on the bench that can give us a lift when we needed it.

Commentators today suggested that Djenepo might add some 'X factor' when he was coming on. I can't only assume they haven't watched too many Saints games recently.

Absolutely. Where are the goals coming from aside from Ings or free kicks? Attacking options on the bench today consisted of Adams, Djenepo & a couple of kids. Adams’ goal return is awful & Djenepo is absolutely dreadful. If we ditched Ralph tomorrow & appointed someone else, Eddie Howe for example, could they get more of a tune out of that lot? I doubt it. Ralph has a few questions to answer but until the owner ships out & is replaced by someone who will invest more in the squad then things won’t improve.
The cult of hassenhutl on 18:46 - Feb 14 with 805 viewsTimSaint

The cult of hassenhutl on 17:32 - Feb 14 by saint22

Totally agree here
Djenepo has been bang average at best since that sheff united goal way back when and is just not up to it, he can’t even take a throw, feels like ten men whenever he plays
Redmond fails to deliver no matter who we play or what position he plays, his final ball or shot is constantly poor, as you say Armstrong showed how to attack the full back and get a cross in, when did Redmond last do that??
Having said all that Ralph makes the choices and he picked the team and chose those subs and he gets it wrong a lot where subs are concerned

Every game we seem to be carrying at least one or two passengers, be it through lack of choice, ability, or just an off day. Too many had poor games today and with our style of play, we simply cannot afford this.

Ralph should have the courage of his own convictions to change personnel and tactics as the game progresses, not as a reaction to conceding or going behind. Ralph didn't learn from last season. With us 2 up at HT, Wolves switched Traore from the wing to centre and they went on to win 3-2. A similar tactic was employed 2nd half today and they again got the win.

I know we have been unlucky with VAR, but a lot of the time that wouldn't matter if we took more of our chances and punished teams when we are on top.

I know we can point to injuries, but every team gets them. Yes we have had lots out at the same time, but we beat Liverpool when we had 6 or 7 out and today we were only one, possibly 2 short of a full strength starting XI, but a few short on the bench, but still failed miserably in the 2nd half.

Ralph has said that FF is our Cup keeper. This means there is no competition for McCarthy's place in the Prem and he can carry on regardless of any mistakes, knowing his place is safe. I don't understand this habit has recently adopted, of dropping to he knees when facing shots / conceding. The last keeper I remember doing that was Seaman in the Cup semi final at Villa Park when Giggs scored that wonder goal - beating about 5 players and smashing it into the roof of the net before taking his shirt off, swinging it round and showing off his chest rug !! :-)

We have Chelsea up next, so have a week to prepare. Perhaps we need a different shape, or a Plan B, or both.

I"m tired of saying it but we never chase the game when behind. Week after week we keep to the same old predictable pedestrian routine, show no urgency and keep fannying around with it, playing into the opposition's hand and making things easy to defend.

Ralph said we needed to hit the reset button last week - so hopefully he will have hit it before Chelsea arrive !!

TimSaint

The cult of hassenhutl on 18:46 - Feb 14 with 804 viewsSadoldgit

The cult of hassenhutl on 18:27 - Feb 14 by Kennington

He’s a forward that wins a game for us once a season at best and that’s including the good run he had a few years ago. We have such low expectations anything he does that’s alright is seen as huge. But I don’t think Wallcot or Djenepo are really any better

We played well in the first half and he played his part in that. He is not here as a match winner . He is here as a team player. We lost today not because of Redmond or McCarthy. We lost because we didn’t have the legs or cohesion as a team to deal with a Wolves team who took the game to us in the second half.
The cult of hassenhutl on 20:00 - Feb 14 with 746 viewsDorsetIan

The cult of hassenhutl on 18:46 - Feb 14 by Sadoldgit

We played well in the first half and he played his part in that. He is not here as a match winner . He is here as a team player. We lost today not because of Redmond or McCarthy. We lost because we didn’t have the legs or cohesion as a team to deal with a Wolves team who took the game to us in the second half.

I like Redmond. He's an honest player who I think gives 100%. He is reasonably comfortable on the ball and he can run with it, but the issue is his final ball.

The classic Redmond move was for a long time a run down the left wing, a cut inside to unleash a right foot shot just outside the box, which inevitably flew over the bar. I think he's worked to stop doing that but, thinking about, he hasn't really improved as a finisher or a provider since he first arrived and that was in June 2016! That's disappointing - especially as he was presumably meant as a replacement for Mane who left 3 days after he arrived.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The cult of hassenhutl on 23:23 - Feb 14 with 669 viewsKennington

The cult of hassenhutl on 18:46 - Feb 14 by Sadoldgit

How can you be a premier league forward and not be the man of the match or stand out performer every now and then? There are only 22 players out there and although Redmond is relatively neat and tidy we should expect more. He’s not in a workhorse type position like a defensive midfielder, he’s an offensive player. I honestly think at this moment I’d rather Boufal over Redmond. At least Boufal was unpredictable and could go past a defender.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The cult of hassenhutl on 00:17 - Feb 15 with 651 viewsBicester_North

The cult of hassenhutl on 18:46 - Feb 14 by TimSaint

Every game we seem to be carrying at least one or two passengers, be it through lack of choice, ability, or just an off day. Too many had poor games today and with our style of play, we simply cannot afford this.

Ralph should have the courage of his own convictions to change personnel and tactics as the game progresses, not as a reaction to conceding or going behind. Ralph didn't learn from last season. With us 2 up at HT, Wolves switched Traore from the wing to centre and they went on to win 3-2. A similar tactic was employed 2nd half today and they again got the win.

I know we have been unlucky with VAR, but a lot of the time that wouldn't matter if we took more of our chances and punished teams when we are on top.

I know we can point to injuries, but every team gets them. Yes we have had lots out at the same time, but we beat Liverpool when we had 6 or 7 out and today we were only one, possibly 2 short of a full strength starting XI, but a few short on the bench, but still failed miserably in the 2nd half.

Ralph has said that FF is our Cup keeper. This means there is no competition for McCarthy's place in the Prem and he can carry on regardless of any mistakes, knowing his place is safe. I don't understand this habit has recently adopted, of dropping to he knees when facing shots / conceding. The last keeper I remember doing that was Seaman in the Cup semi final at Villa Park when Giggs scored that wonder goal - beating about 5 players and smashing it into the roof of the net before taking his shirt off, swinging it round and showing off his chest rug !! :-)

We have Chelsea up next, so have a week to prepare. Perhaps we need a different shape, or a Plan B, or both.

I"m tired of saying it but we never chase the game when behind. Week after week we keep to the same old predictable pedestrian routine, show no urgency and keep fannying around with it, playing into the opposition's hand and making things easy to defend.

Ralph said we needed to hit the reset button last week - so hopefully he will have hit it before Chelsea arrive !!

The team could be too knackered to chase games due to the style of play

This table of 1st half v second half shows how much we drop off

https://www.soccerstats.com/halftime.asp?league=england

Although Man City, Spurs and Wverton seem to drop off even worse!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 0:21]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The cult of hassenhutl on 19:59 - Feb 23 with 498 viewsJaySaint

The Cult marches on....

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024