Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cult of hassenhutl 13:52 - Feb 14 with 3775 viewsJaySaint

6 defeats in a row (top flight) for the first time ever....

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:02 - Feb 14 with 860 viewsI_would

The cult of hassenhutl on 14:51 - Feb 14 by 1885_SFC

Well worry no more then...

I've already said I don't, are you blind as well as a masochist?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:05 - Feb 14 with 849 viewsSaintsforeverj

The cult of hassenhutl on 14:55 - Feb 14 by cynicalsaint

As long as we don't get relegated (and i don't 'think' we will get relegated) then we have had a successful season.

Last 8 in the FA Cup is more than we can reasonably have expected and comfortable in the league since the end of November. With another equal record defeat and a new record for consecutive league defeats in the bag you can't complain about it being dull.

The problem isn't the owner, the manager or the team. It's the expectation of the fans.

The fans are wrong to want what Ings wants? More investment for contracts, players and / or more success?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:05 - Feb 14 with 849 views1885_SFC

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:02 - Feb 14 by I_would

I've already said I don't, are you blind as well as a masochist?

Calm down Larry/Pete Boggs... and pass me the lube n ball gag.

Old School is Cool

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:11 - Feb 14 with 814 viewsHeisenberg

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:05 - Feb 14 by Saintsforeverj

The fans are wrong to want what Ings wants? More investment for contracts, players and / or more success?

More money you mean

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:13 - Feb 14 with 808 viewsNYC_Saint

Genuine question, for those calling for a change in manager, who would you suggest we go after? And is it really likely would they be to want to join Saints given we seem to have very little to spend on players? (And don’t just say “anyone”).
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:15]
The cult of hassenhutl on 15:17 - Feb 14 with 793 viewsI_would

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:05 - Feb 14 by 1885_SFC

Calm down Larry/Pete Boggs... and pass me the lube n ball gag.

Didn't know they had that at Eton.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:18 - Feb 14 with 789 viewscynicalsaint

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:05 - Feb 14 by Saintsforeverj

OK to 'want' it (but be careful what you wish for).

Not to OK to 'expect' it.

We aren't set up to invest heavily and thinking we will is just going to lead to continued disappointment.
The cult of hassenhutl on 15:29 - Feb 14 with 750 viewsSaintsforeverj

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:18 - Feb 14 by cynicalsaint

We aren't set up to invest heavily and thinking we will is just going to lead to continued disappointment.

I don't know if expect is the right word. Fans question why Burnley, Fulham, Palace, even WBA have invested far more than us. We are in the PL and this requires a bit of investment. If it wasn't for Ralph, we would probably be fighting relegation. And maybe disappointed is the word. We have a great player in Ings and he understandably wants more than our club. Can you blame him? It's disappointing isn't it that our club doesn't match his ambition.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:31]

Login to get fewer ads

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:30 - Feb 14 with 747 viewsRon11

The cult of hassenhutl on 14:33 - Feb 14 by Sadoldgit

We just seem to run out of steam. Fortunately we are going back to one game a week for a while which will help. Still, I take the FA cup win over this win against Wolves any day. For those slagging off the manager, really? It’s not his fault VAR decisions go against us and he would expect a goalkeeper to kick the ball out of play when we needed it up the middle. People moan about Puel playing boring football and now moan because we play attractive football.

If you that second half was attractive football you must have been watching a different game.
The cult of hassenhutl on 15:49 - Feb 14 with 706 viewsKennington

There’s a reason we concede so many goals after 60 minutes, the players aren’t capable of maintaining a high aggressive press. Other teams seem to have worked this out, a bit like a boxer facing an opponent constantly jabbing but just soaks it up and waits for them to tire and then punish errors. Why doesn’t Ralph see this when we can? Setting the team up roughly the same way regardless of who we play is bonkers. What do the players and coaches do all week? It seems they just say, “high press, same as last week”. Of course referees etc aren’t helping and the bang average calibre of player, but Ralph should be doing better.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:57 - Feb 14 with 683 viewsRon11

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:18 - Feb 14 by cynicalsaint

'We aren't setup to invest heavily'
The club is owned by a fuc king money launderer who has no interest in football, the supporters or anybody else apart from his own back pocket.
The cult of hassenhutl on 16:00 - Feb 14 with 672 viewsSaintsforeverj

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:57 - Feb 14 by Ron11

'We aren't setup to invest heavily'
The club is owned by a fuc king money launderer who has no interest in football, the supporters or anybody else apart from his own back pocket.

"We aren't setup to invest heavily". It's more we arn't set up to invest anything at all, let alone heavily. And that's why it's an impossible job for any manager.

The cult of hassenhutl on 16:00 - Feb 14 with 670 viewsRon11

The cult of hassenhutl on 15:17 - Feb 14 by I_would

Didn't know they had that at Eton.

You mean you didn't go to public school like the rest of us?
You're a fuc kin weirdo peasant if you didn't.
The cult of hassenhutl on 16:29 - Feb 14 with 624 views1teeminants

The cult of hassenhutl on 14:18 - Feb 14 by Saintsforeverj

Not sure what the answer is. We have been done by VAR, but Neto still walked through our defence, Mccarthy just stood there and then Mccarthy casually kicked it out in injury time when we were searching for an equaliser. We also kept missing chance after chance and Minimino looked poor. Forster has just had 4 clean sheets. Mccarthy needs to be dropped. Walker-Peters came off and Chelsea next. It's the same thing as it was under Hughes, Pellegrino and so on. We just don't have the required quality over a whole season to compete at the top of the PL. It's just one hard slog every year because the team isn't good enough for more than 14th to 8th. It's the same every year until the team gets proper investment in it.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 14:22]

This 100% . Purely lack of investment, the squad on the whole is just not good enough and sadly our top players as usual Wont hang around because of it .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

The cult of hassenhutl on 16:39 - Feb 14 with 603 viewsSadoldgit

The cult of hassenhutl on 16:00 - Feb 14 by Saintsforeverj

"We aren't setup to invest heavily". It's more we arn't set up to invest anything at all, let alone heavily. And that's why it's an impossible job for any manager.

It is simply not true to say that we do not invest anything at all. We just don’t invest the amount that some fans expect. Where is the money supposed to come from? Surely by now everyone is aware that SFC is run on a tight budget? It was exactly the same when we were top of the league but people turn a blind eye when results are going our way. We can bleat all day long about the lack of investment in the squad but it isn’t going to change a thing.
The cult of hassenhutl on 16:40 - Feb 14 with 603 viewsMytchettSaint

With regards to Ralph, we’ve had a terrible run of VAR decisions and don’t appear to have had any go for us starting at Fulham on Boxing Day?
He’s been our best manager since Koeman in my opinion but we could have played today until midnight and still not looked like scoring. He has to take some of the blame for our lack of urgency when we are losing games. We just look happy to pass it along the back four deep into injury time instead of trying something/anything to grab a late goal.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

The cult of hassenhutl on 16:49 - Feb 14 with 586 viewsSadoldgit

I think that the problem is that we have run out of steam and just haven’t got anything in the tank for a final push. When we came back after the break last year the team looked fit right up until the last minute. Now we look done after 45 minutes.
The cult of hassenhutl on 16:49 - Feb 14 with 586 viewsBLEEDRED

Fine sack him, who would want to manage a club with no money, going to sell their best players and no investment
The cult of hassenhutl on 17:12 - Feb 14 with 563 viewsKennington

The cult of hassenhutl on 16:49 - Feb 14 by BLEEDRED

Fine sack him, who would want to manage a club with no money, going to sell their best players and no investment

I’m not saying sack him but if we lose say ten in a row it’ll be hard not to. As to who comes in, I’m sure there are managers who’ve seen Koeman, Pochettino do so well and use us as a stepping stone. Albeit those managers had better squads. No idea who that might be though. Of course we won’t sack him as no doubt we wouldn’t be able to afford to. Our billionaire owner has made sure of that.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The cult of hassenhutl on 17:21 - Feb 14 with 543 viewsSonicBoom

I think we are allowed to question what Ralph is doing without it meaning he has to be sacked. Someone made a good point earlier, we seem to have the high press which is great - but by now we should have another tactic for when that's not working.
Most of the players are back now, we are still in the cup, so let's see how we finish the season.
The Internet loves black and white. You can either love Ralph and blindly support him, or you have to demand his sacking.
In reality there are a million shades grey between those extremes.
The cult of hassenhutl on 17:23 - Feb 14 with 542 viewsBerber

I'd say that Redmond and Djeneppo have been equally inept for most of the season. Adams (bless his cotton socks) give it his all and cannot be faulted for having a go. Today, Armstrong showed that it is not difficult to get to the byline and put a decent cross in, which both Redmond and Djeneppo seem totally incapable of doing. How many more sitters does Redmond have to miss before NLundulu or Teller are given a proper chance?
The cult of hassenhutl on 17:31 - Feb 14 with 522 viewsDorsetIan

The cult of hassenhutl on 16:49 - Feb 14 by Sadoldgit

I think that the problem is that we have run out of steam and just haven’t got anything in the tank for a final push. When we came back after the break last year the team looked fit right up until the last minute. Now we look done after 45 minutes.

We also haven't got anything on the bench that can give us a lift when we needed it.

Commentators today suggested that Djenepo might add some 'X factor' when he was coming on. I can't only assume they haven't watched too many Saints games recently.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The cult of hassenhutl on 17:32 - Feb 14 with 520 viewssaint22

The cult of hassenhutl on 17:23 - Feb 14 by Berber

I'd say that Redmond and Djeneppo have been equally inept for most of the season. Adams (bless his cotton socks) give it his all and cannot be faulted for having a go. Today, Armstrong showed that it is not difficult to get to the byline and put a decent cross in, which both Redmond and Djeneppo seem totally incapable of doing. How many more sitters does Redmond have to miss before NLundulu or Teller are given a proper chance?

Totally agree here
Djenepo has been bang average at best since that sheff united goal way back when and is just not up to it, he can’t even take a throw, feels like ten men whenever he plays
Redmond fails to deliver no matter who we play or what position he plays, his final ball or shot is constantly poor, as you say Armstrong showed how to attack the full back and get a cross in, when did Redmond last do that??
Having said all that Ralph makes the choices and he picked the team and chose those subs and he gets it wrong a lot where subs are concerned
The cult of hassenhutl on 18:03 - Feb 14 with 487 viewsSadoldgit

I didn’t think Redmond was that bad today. He brought out a good save from the keeper with a curler in the first half and missed it a golden opportunity from a pull back but at least he was getting into those positions. We played very well in the first half as a team but didn’t look like the same team in the second half.
The cult of hassenhutl on 18:09 - Feb 14 with 471 viewscocklebreath

The cult of hassenhutl on 17:31 - Feb 14 by DorsetIan

We also haven't got anything on the bench that can give us a lift when we needed it.

Commentators today suggested that Djenepo might add some 'X factor' when he was coming on. I can't only assume they haven't watched too many Saints games recently.

Was surprised Tella wasn’t given another run out.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024