Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread 08:29 - Feb 20 with 6608 viewsSaintNick

Here we go again hopefully lucky seven for us

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 00:41 - Feb 21 with 553 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 00:33 - Feb 21 by Bicester_North

Are today’s required fitness levels bad for top level players?

In lower leagues there are more games, in older days before the mega fitness of today injuries and tiredness never seemed so bad as they are now.

I know the premier league requires a higher level of commitment and physical effort but the mega money and equipment, physio work and training that they put in should help keep players going.

I think so.

It's not running 11km a match, most of us could do that once a week. It's that added in to the sprint intervals, the intensive training and the manic speed leading to twists and turns on the limbs/joints that are nothing like the football I grew up watching in the 80s and 90s. It is intense on the whole body and with Hassenhuttl's tactics the sprint intervals add so much stress on the body it's mad.

Genuinely I think a decent pre-season break and rest would've made a huge difference, certainly on the injuries.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 01:04 - Feb 21 with 528 viewsBicester_North

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 00:41 - Feb 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I think so.

It's not running 11km a match, most of us could do that once a week. It's that added in to the sprint intervals, the intensive training and the manic speed leading to twists and turns on the limbs/joints that are nothing like the football I grew up watching in the 80s and 90s. It is intense on the whole body and with Hassenhuttl's tactics the sprint intervals add so much stress on the body it's mad.

Genuinely I think a decent pre-season break and rest would've made a huge difference, certainly on the injuries.

I’m sure football was more enjoyable in the days when players used to go and get pissed up half the week and all kinds of brutal challenges used to go in, and you still had players like Terry Paine for example who played hundreds and hundreds of matches.

Now they are super fit but made of glass, and over policing of laws is gradually killing the excitement.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024