Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread 08:29 - Feb 20 with 6607 viewsSaintNick

Here we go again hopefully lucky seven for us

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 14:51 - Feb 20 with 1306 viewssaint22

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 14:40 - Feb 20 by cocklebreath

Djenepo and Sailisu excellent. I can’t stand that gimpy bald linesman I’m sure he was the one against Man U?

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 14:52 - Feb 20 with 1302 viewssaint22

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 14:40 - Feb 20 by cocklebreath

Djenepo and Sailisu excellent. I can’t stand that gimpy bald linesman I’m sure he was the one against Man U?

The other stupid rule is keeping the flag down
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 14:55 - Feb 20 with 1281 viewsRon11

Danny Ings starting to look even more like he doesn't want to be here.
I hope I'm wrong.
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Feb 20 with 1260 viewsSaintsforeverj

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 14:49 - Feb 20 by A1079

A fully fit KWP today Saint22 would have been interesting.

Danny Ings was disappointing today but then he did not get alot of service as rightfully I think we set out with trying to stop the downward spiral. But, nagging at me is how much Ings has lost his heart in it as there were moments in the game when I thought in the past he would have made more effort. I do wonder what impact he has had on the team and on our recent poor run.

I don't want to over-analyse today. I am satisfied with that performance and hope we can do something against Leeds, though it won't be easy - then it never is with Saints! We need to create and take more chances. One goal a game (or less) is always going to make it difficult to get a win.

You said it. Ings is a super player, but is nowhere near his best and clearly isn't as "motivated" as he was. But it's human nature. He will be scoring against us next season. Its very difficult when you know you are leaving a job, but even more obvious as a football player. VD and Hojbjerg also both started looking nothing like their potential when they knew they were going.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 15:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 15:10 - Feb 20 with 1214 viewssaint22

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Feb 20 by Saintsforeverj

You said it. Ings is a super player, but is nowhere near his best and clearly isn't as "motivated" as he was. But it's human nature. He will be scoring against us next season. Its very difficult when you know you are leaving a job, but even more obvious as a football player. VD and Hojbjerg also both started looking nothing like their potential when they knew they were going.

Now he is conceding penalties
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 15:11 - Feb 20 with 1214 viewscocklebreath

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 14:55 - Feb 20 by Ron11

I hope I'm wrong.

Not really bothered, if he’s had enough then so be it, better players than him have gone. I’d like to add I texted my mate who’s a Chelsea fan and said watch out for Salisu he’s class, I could be a scout

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 15:20 - Feb 20 with 1181 viewsKennington

He’s not at last season’s level, but he’s had a knee op and covid. Who knows maybe he’s not fully fit. He doesn’t seem to me like a VvD type who deliberately avoided challenges to protect his move. Would Ings even pass a medical at a new club?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Feb 20 with 1108 viewsgreen

I think like the rest of the team, Ings is suffering from too many games in a short period of time and not enough time training, in addition to his injuries.

The other thing is he doesn't get many chances in our team so not fair to run him down, if he was playing up front for say Man City just imagine how many chances he would get every game.
Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:15 - Feb 20 with 1081 viewsNumber_58

Ings ran his socks off today in extremely tough circumstances. Probably needs a rest. Given his injury record I doubt if he's played this many games in such a short space of time in years.
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:15 - Feb 20 with 1081 viewsBicester_North

Today was a match when every player, except Ings, was probably at least a 7/10 performance.

With those 3 at the back looking solid I’d be tempted to go with that system whenever we play a top side. As long as we keep 11 players on the pitch it should mean no more hammerings at least

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:16 - Feb 20 with 1074 viewscocklebreath

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:15 - Feb 20 by Bicester_North

Today was a match when every player, except Ings, was probably at least a 7/10 performance.

With those 3 at the back looking solid I’d be tempted to go with that system whenever we play a top side. As long as we keep 11 players on the pitch it should mean no more hammerings at least

Surely it was a back 4?

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:26 - Feb 20 with 1048 viewscocklebreath

Minamino is the opposite to Theo, does nothing and scores whereas Theo is everywhere but lacks composure, I know his form tailed off but I think we miss Theo.

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:49 - Feb 20 with 1014 viewsBicester_North

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:16 - Feb 20 by cocklebreath

Surely it was a back 4?

It was strictly a 4—4-2 I suppose but not the 4-4-2 of before was it?

With Bednarek Vestergaard and Salisu in there, Djnepo seemed to be almost a wing back

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:51 - Feb 20 with 1007 viewsSadoldgit

Ings is one player who you know will give it 100%. Not only that he is a Saints fan so why on earth wouldn’t he be motivated? How many forwards do you know tackle back as much as he does? Ok, today he gave away a pen today, but only because he was doing his best to preserve the lead! He was also in a great position to take a pass from Minamino if he hadn’t scored himself. The bloke must be shattered the amount of work he gets through for us. To imply that he is not pulling his weight is nonsense.
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:51 - Feb 20 with 1007 viewscocklebreath

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:49 - Feb 20 by Bicester_North

It was strictly a 4—4-2 I suppose but not the 4-4-2 of before was it?

With Bednarek Vestergaard and Salisu in there, Djnepo seemed to be almost a wing back

That makes it a 5 with Bertrand, think it was a 4 but Djenepo very defensive. Bednerek right back

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Feb 20 with 1002 views1885_SFC

"He is good with the ball," said Hasenhuttl, of Minamino. "That's a win for us - but he is not so good against the ball. He has a lot to learn and this will take time. You do not learn this day by day."

Ralph is spot on I think with today's post-match interview. Taki looks good going forward & he's scored two cracking goals for us in just three games. But he gave the ball away a fair bit today (his passing wasn't great) and he isn't the best at tackling - but he sure knows where the goal is!

Old School is Cool

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Feb 20 with 999 viewsBerber

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 14:28 - Feb 20 by grumpy

Happy with that,Djenepo man of the match.

Yes, I'd say so, and who would ever think it would be that kind of battling performance?
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Feb 20 with 966 viewsTimSaint

We let VvD get back to full fitness after his 6 month injury lay off, by allowing him to stroll around in games between August and December, not making tackles, so that he was ready for his move to Liverpool on 1sr Jan.

Hojbjerg got dropped when it was clear he wasn't going to sign a new contract, but we had in Romeu, a more than adequate replacement.

Ings is irreplaceable for us this season. Without him, we basically have Championship at best strikers and some youngsters with potential. Long has dropped down a league, Adams is yet to make his mark in the Prem despite the odd goal, Tella has potential, Obafemi is injured and was going to be loaned out anyway and N'Lundulu is still a long way off the billings he was given by some on here. I guess Walcott and Minamino could both play up front, but they are both predominantly wide men and are only here on loan.

It will take some signing to replace Ings and hopefully our scouts are already working hard to address this.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 17:16]

TimSaint

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Feb 20 with 955 viewsDorsetIan

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 15:20 - Feb 20 by Kennington

He’s not at last season’s level, but he’s had a knee op and covid. Who knows maybe he’s not fully fit. He doesn’t seem to me like a VvD type who deliberately avoided challenges to protect his move. Would Ings even pass a medical at a new club?

I think he’s just frustrated because he’s lost a bit of form for the moment. For most of 2020 he was scoring for fun and full of confidence because of it. His feet don’t seem as ‚magic‘ as they were and he’s lost the knack of scoring out of nothing.

I’m not surprised that he’s frustrated - must be hard when your super power disappears. He must be desperate to get his goal tally ticking over again to give him a chance for the Euros. I can’t imagine that he isn’t trying hard enough or that it’s anything to do with wanting away. His England place, his first new contract, his transfer fee - they all benefit from him scoring goals.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Feb 20 with 897 viewsdarthvader

I hope I'm wrong.

Your not wrong hes fückking off to spurs . Money money money . For him .. Not so much for saints

Shame as he could actually be a proper hero here instead of another greedy benchwarmer

keep the faith coyr

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 18:21 - Feb 20 with 889 viewsSaintsforeverj

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Feb 20 by DorsetIan

I think he’s just frustrated because he’s lost a bit of form for the moment. For most of 2020 he was scoring for fun and full of confidence because of it. His feet don’t seem as ‚magic‘ as they were and he’s lost the knack of scoring out of nothing.

I’m not surprised that he’s frustrated - must be hard when your super power disappears. He must be desperate to get his goal tally ticking over again to give him a chance for the Euros. I can’t imagine that he isn’t trying hard enough or that it’s anything to do with wanting away. His England place, his first new contract, his transfer fee - they all benefit from him scoring goals.

Did you think the same about VD and Hojbjerg? Do you think they both gave their all and /or weren't affected by their impending move until they left? Considering Ralph had to drop Hojbjerg and take away captaincy because his "head wasn't right"? Seems a bit of a coincidence that Ings has suddenly become frustrated and nowhere near his best.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 20:32]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 18:26 - Feb 20 with 876 viewsCity_boy

I hope I'm wrong.

To be fair it was a day when he had no service and rarely received a decent ball.
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Feb 20 with 718 viewskingslandstand1

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Feb 20 by 1885_SFC

"He is good with the ball," said Hasenhuttl, of Minamino. "That's a win for us - but he is not so good against the ball. He has a lot to learn and this will take time. You do not learn this day by day."

Ralph is spot on I think with today's post-match interview. Taki looks good going forward & he's scored two cracking goals for us in just three games. But he gave the ball away a fair bit today (his passing wasn't great) and he isn't the best at tackling - but he sure knows where the goal is!

It was a very well taken goal and showed a lot of intelligence. The fact that both the keeper and defender were left on their backsides was def a sight to see!
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 23:52 - Feb 20 with 663 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 16:15 - Feb 20 by Number_58

Ings ran his socks off today in extremely tough circumstances. Probably needs a rest. Given his injury record I doubt if he's played this many games in such a short space of time in years.

That's my take. To say he's "not bothered as he's off" is pathetic. He's knackered - the whole team looks knackered.

I think someone else said this, but it reminds me of the Pochettino season and his first season managing Spurs. The demands are massive and the burn out evident.

Let's not forget there was not really a break between seasons of note, Saints blasted the league post the first lockdown, had about 2 weeks off, then have been at it since.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 00:33 - Feb 21 with 635 viewsBicester_North

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 23:52 - Feb 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

That's my take. To say he's "not bothered as he's off" is pathetic. He's knackered - the whole team looks knackered.

I think someone else said this, but it reminds me of the Pochettino season and his first season managing Spurs. The demands are massive and the burn out evident.

Let's not forget there was not really a break between seasons of note, Saints blasted the league post the first lockdown, had about 2 weeks off, then have been at it since.

Are today’s required fitness levels bad for top level players?

In lower leagues there are more games, in older days before the mega fitness of today injuries and tiredness never seemed so bad as they are now.

I know the premier league requires a higher level of commitment and physical effort but the mega money and equipment, physio work and training that they put in should help keep players going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024