Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 03:25 - Feb 22 with 13595 viewsNotLoyal

Wednesday 24the February 2021
Kick Off 7pm
Liberty Stadium
Swansea

TV - SKY SPORTS RED BUTTON
SWANS TV

Match Officials
🔴ANDY WOOLMER🔴
Lee Venamore and Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official : John Busby

Yes it’s the first game officiating the swans that Andy Woolmer who Steve Cooper called out publicly for his integrity and decision making - after the home game against Sheffield Wednesday in November. Cooper was fined £3,500. Cooper publicly stated “ One thing was for sure, that whatever the decision was, it was not going to us," Cooper said after the game.

"It's personal unfortunately."

Now I don’t know about you but this buff nut shouldn’t be reffing any Swans game until the outcome of an investigation in to his conduct is made public, along with Cooper’s allegations also being made public. According to Cooper he is a dodgy referee who holds grudges and cheats. That’s the implication and it’s not been put to bed.

Andy Woolmer has a history of ‘questionable’ decisions against Swansea City

Well Andy boy, we will all be watching you, very closely indeed. No pressure, well, just a little bit. Or a lot, depends.

Steve Cooper
Me and Marshy are going tooled up up for this one, no team talks, we are straight in to the back room of a local bar, then Rossi’s and we are sorted. Beaker wants to come as well but to be honest he’s all mouth and no trousers, had his chance to join the crew last year but bottled it on the touch line. Marsh is from Liverpool, so his mate Stanley is coming a long, he’s a sharp geezer is Stan, he can be cutting at times but always leaves his mark. If needs be we will double him up with his brother. Me and Marshy have been about, India with the boys 2017 is a memorable one. Listen, I’m not going to play games here, but it’s personal.

Cooper giving it the big one on the streets of Mumbai

Now this conversation concerns us, if it happened, when things happen then they should be concerning, however, being concerned about this conversation is all about it happening, if it did. You decide, we just make the tea, you pour it.

Swans v Coventry head to head
Games won: 9
Games drawn: 9
Games lost: 13

The last time the swans lost to Coventry was Oct 1981 at Highfield Road, old people will remember this game. The last time the swans lost at home to Coventry was January 1951. Even older people and some dead ones will also recall this game.

Morris and Bennet out on weds

Cooper on Cov - “They’re a team that’s stuck with and trusted the way they got promoted from League One with last season, and I have a lot of respect for that. They have a very experienced manager, an experienced assistant manager and we know it’s a game we’ve absolutely got to be ready for. But we will be. We’re at home, we’re starting this spell of playing every three or four days, and it’s about survival of the fittest and the toughest as well, both physically and mentally. We are looking forward to these games. We were really disappointed with the result at the weekend, but that happens. You have to deal with it and move on."

Richard Duffy the former Swansea man rose through the ranks in South Wales breaking onto the scene as a fresh-faced schoolboy and making his debut for the Swans in December 2001 aged 16 against Macclesfield. However, Duffy would be kept out for over a year through injury, returning back to the side at the start of the 2003-04 season and quickly becoming a regular in the Swans side making 22 appearances.

The Welsh youngster quickly attracted interest from higher leagues, and it was Premier League outfit Portsmouth who won the race for his signature, with the defender swapping South Wales for the South coast in January 2004. A short loan move with Burnley preceded multiple successive loan spells with the Sky Blues. Duffy arrived at Coventry on loan in January 2005 as Micky Adams’ first signing, going on to play 15 games as City narrowly avoided relegation. He returned to the Midlands for the entirety of the next season, playing a key role in the upturn of fortunes and then returned the next season on a short loan until January 2007. He spent the second half of the 2006-07 season back with Swansea making 12 appearances, however this would be the final time Duffy would wear the Swans colours making 35 appearances across his two spells. The Welshman returned to Coventry for his last and fourth successive season but would only make a couple of appearances as injury would end his season soon after arrival. Duffy departed the Sky Blues at the end of the season playing 64 times across the four loan spells.

There are very few links between the sides bar David Smith who played for the swans in 2002/03 season and Barry Powell back in the early seventies.

However - The flying postman and Cian Harris would disagree. But they can’t, because they are not here.

SWANSTASTIC

Last six results, all comps.

Lost — Huddersfield 4-1 Swansea (Sky Bet Championship)

Won — Swansea 1-0 Nottingham Forest (Sky Bet Championship)

Lost — Swansea 1-3 Man City (Emirates FA Cup)

Won — Swansea 2-0 Norwich (Sky Bet Championship)

Won — Rotherham 1-3 Swansea (Sky Bet Championship)

Drew — Swansea 1-1 Brentford (Sky Bet Championship)

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Yan Dhanda, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Jake Bidwell; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Morgan Whittaker, Paul Arriola, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ollie Cooper, Kieron Freeman.

Coventry City: Ben Wilson, Leo Ostigard, Kyle McFadzean, Liam Kelly (captain), Maxime Biamou, Callum O'Hare, Dominic Hyam, Tyler Walker, Sam McCallum, Julien Dacosta, Gustavo Hamer.

Substitutes: Marko Marosi, Michael Rose, Jamie Allen, Viktor Gyokeres, Ben Sheaf, Amadou Bakayoko, Fankaty Dabo, Matty James, Jordan Shipley.

Referee: Andy Woolmer

[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 9:42]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:00 - Feb 24 with 1783 viewsHighjack

We are apparently in terrible form according to the experts but it’s only one defeat in god knows how many and we are consistently putting points on the board.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:01 - Feb 24 with 1768 viewsswancity

Average first half to say the least but very good second half from us to get the win against a hard working physical opponent

Well done to all tonight. Nice to see Smith back... and he did well.

Not like watching Brazil but there’s nothing wrong with grinding out a valuable three points..

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:07 - Feb 24 with 1715 viewsNotLoyal

Not enjoyable.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:18 - Feb 24 with 1657 viewsHighjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:01 - Feb 24 by swancity

Average first half to say the least but very good second half from us to get the win against a hard working physical opponent

Well done to all tonight. Nice to see Smith back... and he did well.

Not like watching Brazil but there’s nothing wrong with grinding out a valuable three points..

That team beat Brentford pretty comfortably last week. It’s a good win. Brentford and Norwich have both had dips in the last few weeks. Saturday was horrible but their dips have been much deeply dippier than our dip.

Bit of perspective needed by many.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:26 - Feb 24 with 1615 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:18 - Feb 24 by Highjack

That team beat Brentford pretty comfortably last week. It’s a good win. Brentford and Norwich have both had dips in the last few weeks. Saturday was horrible but their dips have been much deeply dippier than our dip.

To be fair we've been pretty dour for the last 3 games, luckily we picked up 6 points, lets hope that was our dip.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:34 - Feb 24 with 1584 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:18 - Feb 24 by Highjack

every player worked hard tonight and deserve praise.
BAut already the comments are excusing another poor performance against a very, very limited Coventry side.A short period of the second half aside the only,difference between tonight and Saturday was Covenrty didn't hit the target with their shots and chances.
Yes, hurray 3 point

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 22:19 - Feb 24 with 1439 views34dfgdf54

I got to be fair I thought Smith and Fulton improved us considerably when they come on, seemed to win the ball back higher and have more bite without the ball.

It’s such a hard choice because Hourihane despite being a passenger again got us the assist, it’s one of those things where we need to accommodate him but we need to find a way of doing it which doesn’t cost us as much in general play as it has done last three games.

If we want top 2, we need to play better than that, a lot better aswell. Just doesn’t seem to me be a spark there and Lowe and Ayew are both terribly out of form. They did look better when we brought the two I mentioned earlier on though. Difficult choice for Cooper on what to do for Saturday.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 22:26 - Feb 24 with 1427 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:34 - Feb 24 by Badlands

every player worked hard tonight and deserve praise.
BAut already the comments are excusing another poor performance against a very, very limited Coventry side.A short period of the second half aside the only,difference between tonight and Saturday was Covenrty didn't hit the target with their shots and chances.
Yes, hurray 3 point

The same very very limited Coventry, who put Brentford to the sword.

We might be in a bit of a dip but are still picking up points.

I suppose you didn't like Sousa either?
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 22:43]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 22:41 - Feb 24 with 1389 viewsswancity

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 22:19 - Feb 24 by 34dfgdf54

I got to be fair I thought Smith and Fulton improved us considerably when they come on, seemed to win the ball back higher and have more bite without the ball.

It’s such a hard choice because Hourihane despite being a passenger again got us the assist, it’s one of those things where we need to accommodate him but we need to find a way of doing it which doesn’t cost us as much in general play as it has done last three games.

If we want top 2, we need to play better than that, a lot better aswell. Just doesn’t seem to me be a spark there and Lowe and Ayew are both terribly out of form. They did look better when we brought the two I mentioned earlier on though. Difficult choice for Cooper on what to do for Saturday.

Agreed. It’s a very difficult choice for the manager again which shows how well they’ve done to put together a reasonably strong squad. And with the players doing so well.

And yes Jamal had a very good second half didn’t he. The one player not firing at the moment is Andre. He hasn’t been himself for a few weeks now. Still doing great things defensively but not as sharp up front as he was earlier in the season ...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 22:57 - Feb 24 with 1349 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 22:19 - Feb 24 by 34dfgdf54

Just looked at our remaining games, bit early I know, its not an easy run in, Cardiff seem to have what looks like on paper as an easier run, far to early to know I know, just looked at fixtures to satisfy my curiosity, Norwich v Brentford could be a telling game, but who knows.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 23:00 - Feb 24 with 1343 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 20:32 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hourihane could have scored a hat-rik and I'd stand by what I said. We do not play well when he's in the team. It has been evident in every game he's played.

I can see what you mean, but as long as we're getting the wins, with him scoring/assisting we should be happy, we're a million miles away from the team that got promoted in 2011 though, but its the here and now that matter's.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 01:29 - Feb 25 with 1270 viewsNotLoyal

None of that felt right tonight. Nothing ticked massively, ok it’s a tough patch and we are picking up points, but it was hard going, maybe we will see things more clearly come Saturday evening.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 10:02 - Feb 25 with 1104 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:26 - Feb 24 by Flashberryjack

To be fair we've been pretty dour for the last 3 games, luckily we picked up 6 points, lets hope that was our dip.

Yeah lucky to beat Forest, deservedly thrashed by Huddersfield and would anyone have complained if we'd drawn last night?

We haven't been near our best for a while now but one game apart we have fought for and gotten results.
Some people will say we shouldn't complain but isn't it natural to have forebodings? We aren't dominating like we were several weeks back. We look more like conceding AND less likely to score.
If this is our dip then it's a Carlsberg dip! If this is a s bad as it gets we'd have to be confident but we'll have to wait and see what the next few results bring. After Norwich I was feeling very confident but not so much now. More hopeful than confident.
Our big weakness now is, we lost Morris and Lowe is out of form, last night as a striker, he was poor, he worked hard but didn't look like scoring.
We just have to trust that Cooper can negotiate a way through this and get us back on form.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 10:31 - Feb 25 with 1076 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 21:07 - Feb 24 by NotLoyal

Not enjoyable.

Brave and honest.
Pretty obvious though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 10:32 - Feb 25 with 1075 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 22:26 - Feb 24 by raynor94

Yes the very ones.

WTF has Sousa to do with this.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 10:36 - Feb 25 with 1078 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 10:02 - Feb 25 by Catullus

Yeah lucky to beat Forest, deservedly thrashed by Huddersfield and would anyone have complained if we'd drawn last night?

We haven't been near our best for a while now but one game apart we have fought for and gotten results.
Some people will say we shouldn't complain but isn't it natural to have forebodings? We aren't dominating like we were several weeks back. We look more like conceding AND less likely to score.
If this is our dip then it's a Carlsberg dip! If this is a s bad as it gets we'd have to be confident but we'll have to wait and see what the next few results bring. After Norwich I was feeling very confident but not so much now. More hopeful than confident.
Our big weakness now is, we lost Morris and Lowe is out of form, last night as a striker, he was poor, he worked hard but didn't look like scoring.
We just have to trust that Cooper can negotiate a way through this and get us back on form.

Lowe was only ever in form for about 6 or 7 games apart from that he been poor IMO ..
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 11:00 - Feb 25 with 1046 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 10:36 - Feb 25 by angryjack

Lowe was only ever in form for about 6 or 7 games apart from that he been poor IMO ..

Whitaker should have had a chance last night.
I feel for Jamal as he is a trier but he needs a rest.It's one of the reasons I aint a Steve lover

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 11:25 - Feb 25 with 1033 viewsNotLoyal

We won, we move on. It's not pretty, but then I haven't got a hairbrush either.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 12:24 - Feb 25 with 994 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 22:26 - Feb 24 by raynor94

The same Coventry that recently were torn apart by Norwich and Cardiff ... no excuses. Had we played well and lost because they raised their game - fair enough. But we could have lost last night because we were poor.
As for Sousa, would have him back in a heartbeat and have always brought his name up in comments about prospective managers.
His season was low scoring because, consistently injured Beattie aside, he had no goal scorers. Our passing up to that point was excellent, wingers were quick and he taught the likes on Monk and Tate how to defend corners. And, after his comments in print, nothing will convince me that Monk made sure we didn't remain in the play off positions.
After leaving EFL his teams have all played free flowing and mostly high scoring.
Cooper has us playing like Monk ... dull as ditch water.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 12:41 - Feb 25 with 987 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The only way Grimes and Hourihane can be played in the same team is if CH replaces Lowe and plays alongside Ayew. But then we wouldn’t have the same press at our forward line. I can’t see Hourihane giving the same effort as Lowe.

If Lowe stays in the side then Grimes makes way and Smith and Fulton provide the steel in midfield.

If I had my way I’d bench CH and play Grimes/Smith/Fulton and replace the most knackered with him in the second half.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 12:51 - Feb 25 with 979 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 12:24 - Feb 25 by Badlands

The same Coventry that recently were torn apart by Norwich and Cardiff ... no excuses. Had we played well and lost because they raised their game - fair enough. But we could have lost last night because we were poor.
As for Sousa, would have him back in a heartbeat and have always brought his name up in comments about prospective managers.
His season was low scoring because, consistently injured Beattie aside, he had no goal scorers. Our passing up to that point was excellent, wingers were quick and he taught the likes on Monk and Tate how to defend corners. And, after his comments in print, nothing will convince me that Monk made sure we didn't remain in the play off positions.
After leaving EFL his teams have all played free flowing and mostly high scoring.
Cooper has us playing like Monk ... dull as ditch water.

Sousa was the most negative manager we have ever had,our full backs wasn't allowed to pass the halfway line to join in attack our midfield was deep and to far away from our forwards..as for our wingers Cedric van der gunn I leave it there..
Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:13 - Feb 25 with 963 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 12:51 - Feb 25 by angryjack

Sousa was the most negative manager we have ever had,our full backs wasn't allowed to pass the halfway line to join in attack our midfield was deep and to far away from our forwards..as for our wingers Cedric van der gunn I leave it there..

No way.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:13 - Feb 25 with 962 viewsChief

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 11:00 - Feb 25 by onehunglow

Whitaker should have had a chance last night.
I feel for Jamal as he is a trier but he needs a rest.It's one of the reasons I aint a Steve lover

Cooper stated this week that Whittaker isn't yet up to speed/match fit.

You are just using anything to have a go at him for without even looking into the facts.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:22 - Feb 25 with 961 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 12:51 - Feb 25 by angryjack

I suggest people watch the extended highlights, this shows some few examples of pretty possesion football with moves starting at the back resulting in potential scoring opportunities,, which on another day would have brought us goals. Though these were few it does show the intent of the coaching staff but they also realise the importance of not losing....
Before I am accused of being a happy clapper...at times last night my heart was in my mouth expecting Coventry to grab a goal to go ahead or snatch the equaliser late on. Before kick off I was sure the midfield selection was unblanaced ...we did bette with that lineup than I thought. Watch it again there were flashes fo pretty football,unfortuneately Lowe left his finishing boots at home.
Coventry tended to play with 11 men behind the ball then looked to hit s on the counter gambling we would be pushing players such as Bidwell and Roberts forwards.
Teams are working us out...it was said Brentford targeted Naughton...they didnt what they targeted was the space that would be in the right back spot as connor roberts is usually forward and actually is a weak defender....watch the Huddersfield first goal Connor backs off the palyer then turns his back allowing the Hudds player to get in a cross. I like Roberts but he is stronger in attack than defence whihc is why he is not the automatic first choice for Wales and no PL club has come calling as they did for Mcburnie,Dan or Joe. Brentford know they could exploit the space and Naughton would look to defend leaving holes behind him.
We played OK yes not like we did in 2011 or seasons after but we got 3 points how would we be feeling if we had played Martinez, Brendan, Laudrup football and lost resulting in the gap between us and our promotion rivals widening?
The signs are there that we can hace the intent to play pretty football..the opposition do all they can to stop us like putting 11 men behind the ball...as good as our front two can be they lack that "little" bit special which can unlock those defences...that swhy they are playing here not in the PL!.
In the first half if you watch the highlights ...I watched the game but always like to watch the whole game again if possible as you see different things.....we hade a few lovely phases of possesion attacking football resulting in poor finishing frm Lowe, Bidwell not benf able to make a good connection on a lovely ball in form Lowe..if one or both of those had gone in the game would have opened out more earlier and who knows we could have 3 or 4....we contimued to create some scoring chances form free flowing moves during the game...its there but the mentality of not losing is there too...and we kept another clean sheet!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:27 - Feb 25 with 955 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:13 - Feb 25 by onehunglow

No way.

Yes way
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024