Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread 17:17 - Feb 23 with 7166 viewsSaintNick

Some big surprises in the Saints starting line up

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 21:00 - Feb 23 with 1179 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:45 - Feb 23 by DorsetIan

I think this is right.

My wife tonight - who does not watch a lot of football - first thing she said was what's the matter with Ings, he looks so tired.

Personally I doubt it's anything to do with his move. He just looks like he's completely lost his mojo, and noone is going to want to buy him at this rate. Or maybe it's a hangover from Covid - he wouldn't be the first.

Biggest problem tonight was again the massive gap in the side left by KWP. Had Raphinha being playing on their left from the start, it would probably have been more. So much space there and so many chances created. At times it looked like we had noone there at all. Half-suspect Bielsa played him on the wrong side deliberately to make the defence think they were doing OK.

We tried to play as though we weren't vulnerable at the back, and we got massively punished for it.

Need to try to shut up shop at Goodison if we don't want another hiding.

I bet Ings suddenly finds his mojo again when he is banging them in against us next season for Man City, Leicester or Spurs. Ings who is usually mentally strong and very fit ( he played every match for a while) is suddenly tired the minute it's comes out he hasn't signed a new contract? VD and Hojbjerg must have been tired too.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 21:01]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 21:11 - Feb 23 with 1127 viewsDorsetIan

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 21:00 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

I bet Ings suddenly finds his mojo again when he is banging them in against us next season for Man City, Leicester or Spurs. Ings who is usually mentally strong and very fit ( he played every match for a while) is suddenly tired the minute it's comes out he hasn't signed a new contract? VD and Hojbjerg must have been tired too.

You've formed a pretty harsh view of him based entirely on your assumptions about his commitment to the club.

He's served us pretty well. Doesn't he deserve the benefit of the doubt?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 21:12 - Feb 23 with 1122 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 21:11 - Feb 23 by DorsetIan

You've formed a pretty harsh view of him based entirely on your assumptions about his commitment to the club.

Did VD? Did Lallana? They served us well? Even Hojbjerg? He was dropped right. Why was his captaincy taken away?

Yes I'm very cynical when it comes to PL players. We know the troublesome agents. We know the illegal approaches, the back handers and the greed. That's the real world. Pretend it's not if you like.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 21:17]

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 21:20 - Feb 23 with 1095 viewspjt50

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 21:00 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

If he wants to make the England squad he'd better find his form pretty soon.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Feb 23 with 1019 viewsDorsetIan

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 21:12 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

Did VD? Did Lallana? They served us well? Even Hojbjerg? He was dropped right. Why was his captaincy taken away?

Yes I'm very cynical when it comes to PL players. We know the troublesome agents. We know the illegal approaches, the back handers and the greed. That's the real world. Pretend it's not if you like.

I know what I see, and that's a player who looks physically sluggish and possibly even unwell.

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Feb 23 with 1008 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Feb 23 by DorsetIan

I know what I see, and that's a player who looks physically sluggish and possibly even unwell.

Unwell? Ha. Well he shouldnt be in work if he feels unwell! Let's see Ian. Let's see if he ends up getting dropped as the season goes on, just like all the other players we had who knew they were off.

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Feb 23 with 972 viewsSadoldgit

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 21:12 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

Why would a player who had already shown time and time again that he gives 100% for us and who is a self confessed Saints fan not put in a shift. VvD he is not, despite your constant posts trying to convince us otherwise.

It is little surprise that morale is low. We don’t seem to get a break and week after week it seems key players go off with serious injuries. Tonight it was Romeu’s turn. I have never know such a run of injuries. It is time for everyone to dig in and work through it. We know what we are capable of and slagging people off or running them down isn’t going to help us to get out of this slump.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Feb 23 with 958 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Feb 23 by Sadoldgit

Why would a player who had already shown time and time again that he gives 100% for us and who is a self confessed Saints fan not put in a shift. VvD he is not, despite your constant posts trying to convince us otherwise.

It is little surprise that morale is low. We don’t seem to get a break and week after week it seems key players go off with serious injuries. Tonight it was Romeu’s turn. I have never know such a run of injuries. It is time for everyone to dig in and work through it. We know what we are capable of and slagging people off or running them down isn’t going to help us to get out of this slump.

Why would a self confessed Saints fan not want to sign a contract for the club he loves? He loves money and trophies more?

Running them down? Ralph said tonight that the players gave up. Is he not running them down? If they give up, they deserve to be run down don't you think? Or giving up is acceptable to you? Ralph said it.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 23:05]

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 22:48 - Feb 23 with 934 viewsdirk_doone

A shout out for a Leeds player tonight who would get into my Premier League team of the season: Stuart Dallas. What an honest, wholehearted player he is.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 22:51 - Feb 23 with 919 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 22:48 - Feb 23 by dirk_doone

A shout out for a Leeds player tonight who would get into my Premier League team of the season: Stuart Dallas. What an honest, wholehearted player he is.

Yeah he's excellent.

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 23:42 - Feb 23 with 872 viewsdarthvader

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 19:58 - Feb 23 by saint22

I am fuming at Ralph’s stubbornness not dropping McCarthy

I was saying this after we beat liverpool . Why is this happening ?
Cant someone just remind him of the number of goals that hes picked out lately ..or just poke him or something .

I love you ralph but wake the phook up

keep the faith coyr

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 01:04 - Feb 24 with 824 viewscotswoldsaint

Most depressing result of the season for me. I thought after Chelsea we'd turned a corner from the belief of the players point of view, but no. Never thought after 1-0 win against Liverpool not so long ago, we'd been looking down not up.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 05:39 - Feb 24 with 778 viewsRipleys_revenge

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 01:04 - Feb 24 by cotswoldsaint

Most depressing result of the season for me. I thought after Chelsea we'd turned a corner from the belief of the players point of view, but no. Never thought after 1-0 win against Liverpool not so long ago, we'd been looking down not up.

Totally agree, this is the most depressing result of our season.

I actually thought we were excellent first half, really impressed with Tella. On the subject of Tella, the way the commentators / analysts / text update people were carrying on you would have thought he had committed the worst dive ever seen. I have seen a lot more cynical penalties given - I actually thought it was quite a bold call to overturn it.

But the way we folded in the second was truly spineless. Really really pathetic performance and extremely worrying. Adams looks so much like Shane Long now it is unreal. Perhaps now that Shane has moved he has for some reason stepped into his shoes? Utterly ineffective, slows everything down, no final balll, no end product, no composure in front of goal. Very frustrating player to watch these days, really hope he pulls it together but starting to doubt if he really has it in him.

Thought the whole team were atrocious second half, with the exception of perhaps Armstrong. Salisu looked quite dodgy to me - some nice touches and the odd good ball but looked quite shaky in man instances, plus it was him playing Bamford onside for their first goal.

Anyway, whats the point of going on? So many players failed yesterday. Agreed on the many calls to drop McCarthy. He is not really getting anywhere near anything at the moment - I do recall a good save at point blank range but then the shots you would expect him to save he generally makes a meal of (see the final freekick goal).

Sigh. The life of a Saints fan
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 06:51 - Feb 24 with 744 viewsIngskneeslide

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 07:06 - Feb 24 with 730 viewssaint22

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 21:11 - Feb 23 by DorsetIan

Sort of but as my son has said recently “ what’s up with Danny he was always smiling and joking now he looks fed up”
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 08:27 - Feb 24 with 685 viewsDorsetIan

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 07:06 - Feb 24 by saint22

Sort of but as my son has said recently “ what’s up with Danny he was always smiling and joking now he looks fed up”

It’s clear that his demeanour has changed but I think that’s because he is not fit/well rather than because his head is somewhere else.

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 08:46 - Feb 24 with 665 viewsSadoldgit

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 07:06 - Feb 24 by saint22

Easy to be smiley and jokey when the goals are flying in and the wins are coming. Not so much when everyone is struggling. As Ian says, he hasn’t seemed the same since his op and his bout of Covid. In a game of fine margins you need to be firing on all cylinders to play at the top of your game. There is never an international break when you need one.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 13:59 - Feb 24 with 582 viewsBuenosSaint

Only positive I took from the night is that I have Dallas, raphina and banford in my fantasy team.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 14:02]

Poll: The Long Future

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 14:11 - Feb 24 with 565 viewsUlsterBaz

He’s been excellent for NI the last 2-3 years whatever position he’s been asked to play. Gives everything and is so adaptable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024