Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Ralph’s time up at Saints 19:53 - Feb 23 with 3323 viewsElijahK

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 15:04 - Feb 24 with 821 viewsI_would

Ralph is clueless as to what our problems are therefore he should be replaced with a caretaker as we've apparently no money to replace him. A caretaker couldn't do any worse than to lose nearly every match and get thumped 9-0. To add insult to injury Ralph is saying the players "gave up" but the truth is Ralph hasn't schooled the players to hold back at least one player on our offensive free kicks to avoid conceding on the break. He's lost match after match and hasn't changed a thing defensively even after letting in three goals per match for eight matches.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 15:20 - Feb 24 with 806 viewsSadoldgit

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 15:04 - Feb 24 by I_would

Ralph is clueless as to what our problems are therefore he should be replaced with a caretaker as we've apparently no money to replace him. A caretaker couldn't do any worse than to lose nearly every match and get thumped 9-0. To add insult to injury Ralph is saying the players "gave up" but the truth is Ralph hasn't schooled the players to hold back at least one player on our offensive free kicks to avoid conceding on the break. He's lost match after match and hasn't changed a thing defensively even after letting in three goals per match for eight matches.

You seem to forget this manager won enough matches to be top of the league. Also there is a difference to being clueless about what the problems are and being able to do something about them if that involves getting other players in. I would suggest that he is far less clueless than someone who clearly has no idea how to run a football club.
Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 15:37 - Feb 24 with 796 viewsPoirot

Frank Lampard is who i would want if Ralph quits at the end of the season.
Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 15:45 - Feb 24 with 794 viewsI_would

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 15:20 - Feb 24 by Sadoldgit

You seem to forget this manager won enough matches to be top of the league. Also there is a difference to being clueless about what the problems are and being able to do something about them if that involves getting other players in. I would suggest that he is far less clueless than someone who clearly has no idea how to run a football club.

Obviously the Directors and management are clueless as well but the way we nearly conceded from our own free kick barring Romeu's goal saving tackle was unforgivable. It only needed a shout from the manager to get back to a sweepers position to thwart that problem. I genuinely don't think Ralph is tactically astute in defensive issues. He just tries to press his way out of trouble. It's ok if you're Man C and you make use of the extra possession.

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 16:09 - Feb 24 with 780 viewsIngskneeslide

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 15:45 - Feb 24 by I_would

Obviously the Directors and management are clueless as well but the way we nearly conceded from our own free kick barring Romeu's goal saving tackle was unforgivable. It only needed a shout from the manager to get back to a sweepers position to thwart that problem. I genuinely don't think Ralph is tactically astute in defensive issues. He just tries to press his way out of trouble. It's ok if you're Man C and you make use of the extra possession.

Dont fret Boggsy, you'll get out of the Third Division one day. Probably not in your lifetime though. Who have you got this weekend? Six pointer against Hayes and Yeading?
Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 16:18 - Feb 24 with 774 views1885_SFC

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 16:09 - Feb 24 by Ingskneeslide

Dont fret Boggsy, you'll get out of the Third Division one day. Probably not in your lifetime though. Who have you got this weekend? Six pointer against Hayes and Yeading?

Old School is Cool

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 16:46 - Feb 24 with 757 viewsI_would

No more 'comedy' please Des you really are as hilarious as the Saints manager and Captain, not to mention our results. You are a card 'pal'.

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 17:03 - Feb 24 with 744 viewsIngskneeslide

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 16:46 - Feb 24 by I_would

No more 'comedy' please Des you really are as hilarious as the Saints manager and Captain, not to mention our results. You are a card 'pal'.

Melchester Rovers?
Login to get fewer ads

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 17:32 - Feb 24 with 725 viewsinthebox

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 13:46 - Feb 24 by 1885_SFC

With Ralph having just signed a new 4-year contract, I can't see the board giving him the push anytime soon... not unless there is a major changing room coup among the players. I don't particularly see any signs of that with most players giving positive remarks post-match on TV and in the Press about Ralph and how he wants us to play.

That leaves the board/owner being "happy" with where we finish this season. If we finish roughly where we did last season - then I can see the board accepting that, in these financially restrictive & times of Covid, the season will be deemed as "adequate".

Finish just above the drop zone however & questions will undoubtedly be asked. However, I still think he will keep his job because the club has a long term 'plan' of which Ralph is a massive part. More importantly, and as the poll at the top suggests, fans are split 50/50 on whether he stays or goes... and unlike previous seasons in the past when fans were allowed into St Marys, we're not there to boo the team or manager or indeed, show our displeasure to the owner up in the stand!

I'm not bedwetting just saying, if we do go down(which I don't think we will) I think the board will stick with Ralph like Bournemouth did with Eddie Howe. They simply can't afford it and probably know that no one could do any better. We need to hold on until Salisu and Diallo settle in and we'll be OK
Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 18:10 - Feb 24 with 708 viewsMytchettSaint

My home town team.

We’re Hayes
Not Yeading,
We’ll kick your F*ckin head in.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 18:26 - Feb 24 with 690 viewsI_would

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 17:03 - Feb 24 by Ingskneeslide

Melchester Rovers?

If we carry on as we are I wouldn't be surprised if someone started a weekly cartoon.

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 19:09 - Feb 24 with 663 viewskingolaf

We can’t afford to get rid of him.

The effort of some of the players last night was a disgrace, Ings included.

If Ralph has lost the dressing room (I reckon he’s lost Ings and Bertrand), he’s got no chance.

Personally, I would like us to stand by him. We are garbage but we’ve got 30 points and are in the quarter-finals of the cup.
Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 19:23 - Feb 24 with 657 viewsSaintsforeverj

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 19:09 - Feb 24 by kingolaf

We can’t afford to get rid of him.

The effort of some of the players last night was a disgrace, Ings included.

If Ralph has lost the dressing room (I reckon he’s lost Ings and Bertrand), he’s got no chance.

Personally, I would like us to stand by him. We are garbage but we’ve got 30 points and are in the quarter-finals of the cup.

Yep, perhaps a few of the players should explain why they keep giving up and now the manager has to say it in public. Hughes lost the dressing room as did Pellegrino. There comes a time when you have to question the players. They down tools every time they lose faith in every manager we have? There is probably stuff going beyond the scenes, but players not trying is dreadful. It's not a one off. There will be another 9 nil (again) if they have that attitude.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 19:29]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 20:12 - Feb 24 with 629 views1885_SFC

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 19:23 - Feb 24 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, perhaps a few of the players should explain why they keep giving up and now the manager has to say it in public. Hughes lost the dressing room as did Pellegrino. There comes a time when you have to question the players. They down tools every time they lose faith in every manager we have? There is probably stuff going beyond the scenes, but players not trying is dreadful. It's not a one off. There will be another 9 nil (again) if they have that attitude.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 19:29]

... at Manchester City away quite soon.

Old School is Cool

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 08:34 - Feb 25 with 525 viewsSaintNick

The best clubs stick with a good manager and Ralph is a good manager, modern football is all about instant and continuous success, we stick with Ralph and we will get steady growth, if we sack him after a poor run then we will return to the past where we changed managers every year, no forward plan and no continuity.

Too many people think that all we have to do is get a new owner and everything will be all right and now after a bad 8 game run the manager gets the blme.

One thing Ralph has done is he always recovers, we have had major injury issues that just keep coming, .

I see Frank Lampard mentioned, a manager with 1 years experience in the Championship with Derby and 1 1/2 seasons with Chelsea , but hey ho he is a name and just the name will please some people, they see ambition as signing someone who is a name in football , not someone lesser known who is better for the job.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 08:36 - Feb 25 with 522 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

As I said already, I just think the players have had it! There was no real break between the storming end to last season and the storming start to this season, now they look completely fried.

Also because of injuries and formation changes, Ralph's tactics don't seem to work so well unless it's the 'usual' formation.

Additionally Ings was on fire last season and was something of a leader and talisman on the pitch, now he's having a rough pack (knackered, Covid, who knows) the team are struggling. He led from the front, literally, and that has been lacking.

It's nothing to do with the owner, Chairman, CEO, MD, CFO, CTO, COO, cleaners, Head of Compliance, it's entirely to do with the current tactics requiring considerably more of the players than tactics in other teams and they are knackered, along with the talismanic player collapsing in form.

Same applies to Liverpool. Similar VERY high energy tactics and they look laboured and therefore "disinterested" too.

Personally I think see the season out, stumble over the line, then hopefully a proper rest and pre-season prep will see a difference. Maybe with a touch up on tactics for different formations ...
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 8:36]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Is Ralph’s time up at Saints on 09:45 - Feb 25 with 482 viewsSonicBoom

I've been very critical of the team but I wouldn't sack Ralph.
Teams like us are going to have ups and downs. Sometimes 3 or 4 game swings and sometimes longer and you can't sack someone every time that happens or we'll never get anywhere. Let's get players fit and see how we go.

That said we have to be able to question the players and manager.
Yeah yeah every team gets bad VAR calls - and good ones - and every team is moaning about injuries this year.
Of more concern is that Ralph seems to try and play the same tactics regardless of who we have available or who we are playing.
Nick your favourite saying is "keep doing the same things and you'll get the same results" and that is holding true. When you go to certain teams and you are light of personnel do you press high? Apparently. Even when you are shipping goals? Yep.

I also think that I'd rather see the younger players drafted in to play in their preferred position rather than switching everyone else around. Bednarek at full back was a car crash and playing Redmond up front. Switching Armstrong to central midfield is also catastrophic.
Some might say that we cannot rely on these youngsters and we need experience. Well that experience bought us 1 point in the last 24 so we couldn't have done much worse.

So Ralph needs to find other solutions. Win ugly - or even shut up shop and stop getting beat for a while but putting out a team to do the same thing regardless every week isn't working.
I really do think that with a full side we are very good. But I don't think Ralph has managed the situation very well through these recent choppy waters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024