Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 17:08 - Mar 13 with 18721 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another trip down to John Bond’s old house on the coast, Harry loves it there as does Ted Macdougall who may or not be dead.

Bournemouth v Swansea City
Deans in Court
Tuesday March 16th 2021
Kick Off 7.45pm

Match Officials
JAMES LININGTON
Daniel Leach and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Keith Stroud

James Linington, ah the chap from 2009 who reduced the swans to seven players in a carling cup tie. That was a long time ago, he insisted swans player Besian ( RIP) although badly injured stand on the pitch so he could finish the game without having to call it off.

Linington being silly in 2009

This game will be televised LIVE by the evil SKY TV

The swans haven’t won in eight games against Bournemouth, the last time was a 4-1 away win in 2007. A 1-0 win at Luton on Saturday for the swans and a 3-2 home loss for Bournemouth against Barnsley are the most recent results. Bournemouth will be desperate to win this game as much as the swans.

Swans stats v AFC Bournemouth
Games won: 23
Games drawn: 13
Games lost: 24

Ted Macdougall update : Alive and well

Things to do in Bournemouth
Hengistbury Head
Getting to the top of the head at Hengitsbury is possible, that’s if you make the long journey to the game to listen to it on the wireless in the club car park. This unspoilt Covid free area of the town is sandy and has water. It also has a visitor centre where you can visit. The visitor centre is a great day out. As is the nature reserve. However we’ve just done some research and it’s all closed, so no head opening in Hengitsbury. Sorry.

Hengitsbury Head before it caught Covid

Bournemouth latest news
From Jonathan Woodgate on Adam Smith
"He's going for a scan today," said the head coach. "He won't be fit for tomorrow or the weekend so we'll see how he is after that. Hopefully we'll get a prognosis off the medical team. Smith was replaced by Jack Stacey against the Tykes, with Woodgate pleased to have such an able player to come in for him down the right flank "We've got two really good right-backs at the club," he said. "When Jack played against Burnley in my second game in charge, I thought he was very good, so we have him. We're gutted that Smudge isn't available but now it's an opportunity for Jack to come in and play."

Adam Smith having a limp on Saturday

Swans latest news
Marc Guehi is set to miss out for the Swans with the groin injury he suffered against Blackburn, with Joel Latibeaudiere impressing in his absence at Luton. Paul Arriola is fighting to return from a thigh injury, while Wayne Routledge and Brandon Cooper have recently returned from injury. Liam Cullen, Steven Benda, Jordan Morris and Tivonge Rushesha are all sidelined for the longer-term.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54530

Bournemouth: Asmir Begovic, Steve Cook (captain), Jefferson Lerna, Dominic Solanke, Arnaut Danjuma, Jack Wilshere, Jack Stacey, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Junior Stanislas, Diego Rico, Phil Billing.

Substitutes: Mark Travers, Chris Mepham, Shane Long, Sam Surridge, Rodrigo Riquelme, Ben Pearson, Gavin Kilkenny, Jaidon Anthony, Jordan Zemura.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Jake Bidwell, Ben Cabango, Kieron Freeman, Ollie Cooper.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54553

Nothing to Follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 09:24 - Mar 17 with 829 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 09:05 - Mar 17 by jack247

Of course there are, it’s not as if we play teams like Bournemouth twice a week.

Before last night, we’d been awful for 4 games and taken 10 points. Wouldn’t surprise me to see us do that against the likes of Birmingham, Preston, Milwall and Wycombe.

Same Bournemouth Cardiff put 4 against
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 09:25 - Mar 17 with 817 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 09:24 - Mar 17 by angryjack

And the ones that were taken by Barnsley.
The writing is on the wall
Something sinister is amiss vis a vis our club and any fans opinions.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 09:37 - Mar 17 with 803 views34dfgdf54

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 09:24 - Mar 17 by angryjack

Cardiff beat them 2-1?
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:39 - Mar 17 with 796 viewsBadlands

Why are so many making excuses for Cooper?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 09:40 - Mar 17 with 796 viewsjack247

Over two games you mean? Be as negative as you like, but don’t try to mislead.

That wasn’t the same Bournemouth Cardiff beat, just like we aren’t the same Swansea we were before Christmas and Liverpool aren’t the same team they were last season.

We won’t play a team as good as they were last night for the rest of the season, including Reading and Watford.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:06 - Mar 17 with 780 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:39 - Mar 17 by Badlands

Why are so many making excuses for Cooper?

It's worrying for sure.
There is no doubt he has personal support on here and it is sinister.
No criticism of him goes by without a pithy reply of support on his behalf.

What we saw last night and have for months is the result of HIS work and nobody elses.

People should support the Club

Frankly,I believe we on on the edge of falling off the cliff edge.I hope not.

A loss v Cradiff wont go down well and maybe Steve needs to understand that in life people in public positions get criticised.

It's that simple

Consider if you will ,managers of other public businesses ,government officials etc,who all get pelters. Look at the wholescale abuse of Boris Johnson ,if you like. If you're a public "figure" you're gonna get it.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 10:23 - Mar 17 with 770 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 09:40 - Mar 17 by jack247

Over two games you mean? Be as negative as you like, but don’t try to mislead.

That wasn’t the same Bournemouth Cardiff beat, just like we aren’t the same Swansea we were before Christmas and Liverpool aren’t the same team they were last season.

We won’t play a team as good as they were last night for the rest of the season, including Reading and Watford.

Watford not as good as Bournemouth.
You are kidding yourself.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:45 - Mar 17 with 750 viewsKeithHaynes

Here it s folks, what do you think ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:55 - Mar 17 with 742 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:45 - Mar 17 by KeithHaynes

Here it s folks, what do you think ?

All in All.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 10:56 - Mar 17 with 745 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 10:23 - Mar 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Watford not as good as Bournemouth.
You are kidding yourself.

That isn’t what I said. Watford are more consistent.

Neither Watford nor Reading will batter us all over the park like Bournemouth did last night.

We won’t have a harder game the rest of the season.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 10:59 - Mar 17 with 732 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 10:56 - Mar 17 by jack247

Neither Watford nor Reading will batter us all over the park like Bournemouth did last night.

Your last paragraph.
How do you know.
The future is not ours to be

Que Sera.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:30 - Mar 17 with 720 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 10:59 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

Your last paragraph.
How do you know.
The future is not ours to be

Que Sera.

Because they were streets ahead of us last night. They have had ups and downs. Watford have been consistent.

I’m pretty certain neither Watford nor Reading are capable of that performance.

I haven’t said we’ll beat Watford, I’ve said we won’t play a better team than Bournemouth were yesterday.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:36 - Mar 17 with 709 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:30 - Mar 17 by jack247

Because they were streets ahead of us last night. They have had ups and downs. Watford have been consistent.

I haven’t said we’ll beat Watford, I’ve said we won’t play a better team than Bournemouth were yesterday.

You don't KNOW.

None of us KNOW anything.

What we do know is we need something special to happen and we all hope something can happen because ,as things stand,positive internet posts,are all we have.

We are not doing the basics like corners which beat the first man.That can be coached.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:43 - Mar 17 with 699 viewsthornabyswan

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:30 - Mar 17 by jack247

Good post agree with that they were very good last night.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:47 - Mar 17 with 694 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:36 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

You don't KNOW.

None of us KNOW anything.

What we do know is we need something special to happen and we all hope something can happen because ,as things stand,positive internet posts,are all we have.

We are not doing the basics like corners which beat the first man.That can be coached.

Do you grasp the hypocrisy in posting this after statements like ‘Whittaker will score of given a chance?’ I’m sure I could find many more examples.

We’ve scored more from corners this season than we usually do.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:49 - Mar 17 with 687 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:47 - Mar 17 by jack247

Do you grasp the hypocrisy in posting this after statements like ‘Whittaker will score of given a chance?’ I’m sure I could find many more examples.

Do you understand what you have just posted .
Have another look.

You are clearly happy with things so we are done.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:00 - Mar 17 with 682 viewsCatullus

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 10:56 - Mar 17 by jack247

That is your opinion. Watford have been more consistent, they have also now scored more than us and conceded fewer than us. The thing is, consistency is the key. I didn't expect last night and I was more worried by Watford than Bournemouth because Watford are above us and are consistent. They don't have to batter us and by the time we play them they may not even need to draw let alone win.

There are closer games that are far more important, like Cardiff, the next game. The Coops will have 2 weeks to get things back together.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:06 - Mar 17 with 673 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:49 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

Do you understand what you have just posted .
Have another look.

You are clearly happy with things so we are done.

Of course I do.

I’ve posted an opinion I have complete conviction in. You think you’ve been insightful by pointing out I can’t 100% see the future, despite repeatedly doing the same thing yourself, usually without much thought.

I’m not at all happy with the way we are playing at the moment, I posted that yesterday. I could never reach your level of negativity though.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:08 - Mar 17 with 666 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:00 - Mar 17 by Catullus

That is your opinion. Watford have been more consistent, they have also now scored more than us and conceded fewer than us. The thing is, consistency is the key. I didn't expect last night and I was more worried by Watford than Bournemouth because Watford are above us and are consistent. They don't have to batter us and by the time we play them they may not even need to draw let alone win.

There are closer games that are far more important, like Cardiff, the next game. The Coops will have 2 weeks to get things back together.

Watford have quality Cat. They have had their slip and got a new manager who has put them straight.
Like Norwich they will get back to the Prem and then go back down again.

I am fearful right now and the positive posse aren't doing a good job on me as Ive just read a punter stating.."Im sure we will come out all guns blazing.Guns ? Us? We have bows and arrows -the sticky ones kid have not real ones. It's almost as bad as the one who reckoned Freddie Woodman was premier league quality.

I shyte you not.

Man City fans are still chortling over his "exploits" in the cup game.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:11 - Mar 17 with 666 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:00 - Mar 17 by Catullus

All I’ve said was we’ve got a decent run of fixtures after the break and we won’t have a harder game than that for the rest of the season.

I’m more worried by Watford than Bournemouth too. Barring a brilliant run and 3 collapses, Bournemouth aren’t going to finish in the top two. Hopefully they play like that against Brentford.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:14 - Mar 17 with 655 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:11 - Mar 17 by jack247

All I’ve said was we’ve got a decent run of fixtures after the break and we won’t have a harder game than that for the rest of the season.

I’m more worried by Watford than Bournemouth too. Barring a brilliant run and 3 collapses, Bournemouth aren’t going to finish in the top two. Hopefully they play like that against Brentford.

"won't" implied certainty.You simply cannot use that term in this context.

Right now, I could say,we won't be in any play offs as Barnsley have momentum and Reading too have some quality players. We do not have quality of that kind.

We might well get to play offs but I can't and WON't say we will.

We WILL meet better teams than Bournmeouth and have harder games.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:22 - Mar 17 with 650 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:14 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

"won't" implied certainty.You simply cannot use that term in this context.

Right now, I could say,we won't be in any play offs as Barnsley have momentum and Reading too have some quality players. We do not have quality of that kind.

We might well get to play offs but I can't and WON't say we will.

We WILL meet better teams than Bournmeouth and have harder games.

Right.

So I’m not allowed to say ‘won’t’ as it implies certainty, but it’s fine for you to say ‘WILL’ have harder games, even though we’ve got 10 or so games left and I doubt you can tell me one team that’s given us that much of a tuning, bar Man City, all season.

If that’s your logic, you crack on.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:25 - Mar 17 with 641 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:22 - Mar 17 by jack247

Right.

So I’m not allowed to say ‘won’t’ as it implies certainty, but it’s fine for you to say ‘WILL’ have harder games, even though we’ve got 10 or so games left and I doubt you can tell me one team that’s given us that much of a tuning, bar Man City, all season.

If that’s your logic, you crack on.

You see what I did though.
I implied certainty.

Now,reread and accept you or I cannot be certain at all-of anything.

Crack on yourself Butt ,if you want.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:32 - Mar 17 with 634 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:25 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

You see what I did though.
I implied certainty.

Now,reread and accept you or I cannot be certain at all-of anything.

Crack on yourself Butt ,if you want.

Yes, as you and many others do often. You seem to have taken umbrage this time because it doesn’t fit with your negative rhetoric.

Just for absolute clarity, this is Perchrock yeah?
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 12:32 - Mar 17 with 634 viewsBadlands

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 11:47 - Mar 17 by jack247

Not without Cabango.
We have been p*** poor for weeks and only really good in a handful of halves all season.
Cooper picks individuals while other managers build teams as was clear last night and for weeks.
We have been lucky more sides haven't slotting their glaring chances.Ayre, Lowe, Whittaker, Cullen will not score with getting the ball and goal scoring opportunities.
Cooper has been well and truly found out and we are easy to play against.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024