Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protesting/Vigil in London 09:59 - Mar 14 with 3203 viewsJaySaint

outside of the METs ridiculous 2-tier standard of policing, where they kneel/run away from BLM protesters and dance with XR protestors, versus going in heavy handed against anti-lockdown protestors and the scenes last night.

what I find incredibly strange, the same group of people - MPs, Journo's, TV personalities - who have been screeching for the last year that people MUST stay home, MUST obey the law and hound those who didn't, hound their families and demand their resignation, are now not happy that the police effectively applied the law.

The very law they have demanded to be strictly adhered to.

Jess Phillips this morning, actually damning the police, yet she voted FOR said laws and the recent extension of them. Incredible
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 10:00]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Protesting/Vigil in London on 14:34 - Mar 15 with 879 viewssaints__fan__73

Protesting/Vigil in London on 12:46 - Mar 15 by Sadoldgit

How many incidents of domestic violence have there been? How many rapes? How many sexual assaults? Harassments? Stalkings? 118 women killed by men in the last year. You don’t think that there is a problem?

You've proved my point, thanks.

None of those things are in any way connected to what happened to the woman in London.

Of the 118 women killed by men you noted, how many were randomly killed by complete strangers?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Protesting/Vigil in London on 15:03 - Mar 15 with 862 viewsNewdawn2014

Protesting/Vigil in London on 09:50 - Mar 15 by saints__fan__73

What is the point in the protest? It's a sad fact that, as long as humans have existed, there have been murders.

There are always going to be people with mental issues who end up killing, thankfully it's incredibly rare but there are always going to be some occasions where this happens.

There's no pattern of this happening with increasing regularity in London, nor of Police Officers being the cause of this, so what is the point of the protests?

They seem to have morphed into some form of #metoo / anti domestic violence rallys which are nothing to do with what happened to the woman who was murdered.

It was supposed to be a vigil , rather than a protest , I would like to see the point where it turned into a riot.
Protesting/Vigil in London on 17:12 - Mar 15 with 833 viewsBerber

Protesting/Vigil in London on 10:55 - Mar 14 by kingslandstand1

The idea of a vigil is well reasoned, but by actually taking the ban to court, losing and then still going ahead is ridiculous

So when students decide to have a "gathering, rave, private "party" where do they stand if the court had turned round to those this weekend o, you can go ahead just this once

I think that vigils are largely tokenism. This wasn't about the murdered girl, it's about the wider issue of women's safety, as Jess Phillips has demonstrated. Hijacking the news about the poor girl's death is just political bandwagonning. The need to demonstrate is justified, but not in the middle of a pandemic lockdown. Selfish irresponsibility as far as I am concerned.
Protesting/Vigil in London on 17:35 - Mar 15 with 815 viewsfranniesTache

this place and the wider "culture wars" are baffling sometimes, how can anyone be AGAINST people saying violence against women is bad???

Honestly do they numbers even matter, because as far as i'm concerned any number greater than zero is sh*t.

Out of any/every issue surely the one people should rally around and not turn into a cultural football it's woman should be able to walk around without being sexually abused, harassed, raped, kidnapped or murdered?

I mean there's really not another side to that is there?
Protesting/Vigil in London on 18:36 - Mar 15 with 790 viewssaint22

Protesting/Vigil in London on 17:35 - Mar 15 by franniesTache

this place and the wider "culture wars" are baffling sometimes, how can anyone be AGAINST people saying violence against women is bad???

Honestly do they numbers even matter, because as far as i'm concerned any number greater than zero is sh*t.

Out of any/every issue surely the one people should rally around and not turn into a cultural football it's woman should be able to walk around without being sexually abused, harassed, raped, kidnapped or murdered?

exactly this
Protesting/Vigil in London on 13:24 - Mar 16 with 707 viewsPoirot

The police obviously were hot handed towards a handful of individuals, who seemingly were not being silent at the 'vigil'. Did the plice stop them as they were about to let rip vocally and turn into something it wasnt supposed to be ? Ginger bird has past it would seem for being an 'acitivist'. So there is far more to the story than just the plod.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 13:26]
Protesting/Vigil in London on 14:02 - Mar 16 with 694 viewsSadoldgit

Protesting/Vigil in London on 17:35 - Mar 15 by franniesTache

Nail on head.
Protesting/Vigil in London on 14:23 - Mar 17 with 648 viewsPoirot

Clearly the ginger and femiNazi mates were trying to hijack the vigel and turn into a protest and got her just desserts. I notice she gave an interview to a far left wing website after being let free on the same night.

https://news.sky.com/story/sarah-everard-vigil-what-sparked-the-ugly-scenes-and-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024