Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Set pieces 08:57 - Mar 19 with 1111 viewspjt50

Believe it or not, Dunk's goal on Sunday was only the fourth we've conceded from set pieces (exc. penalties!) this season. Only Fulham, Arsenal and Man City have let in fewer.

I'm always worried about Saints' high line for free-kicks, but seems like it works.

Good analysis:
https://www.prostinternational.com/2021/03/18/foot-on-line-stay-high-and-leave-s
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 16:52]

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Set pieces on 09:18 - Mar 19 with 1094 viewsSadoldgit

It has worked so far because of poor timed runs but once people work that out we are in trouble.
Set pieces on 09:19 - Mar 19 with 1088 viewsdirk_doone

Jacob Tanswell certainly does wax lyrical about Saints.

"Southampton’s transcendent philosophy is changing the way we view the Premier League.
We all know things are tough right now and times are troubling. But Southampton and Ralph Hasenhuttl have and will continue to offer the most marvellous form of escapism, doing it so with an untold amount of pride and honour in their club’s badge."

https://www.prostinternational.com/2021/01/05/hasenhuttl-in-tears-and-players-on

I know it's somewhat cynical of me to do so but I wonder if he is ever so slightly prone to exaggeration?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 9:31]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Set pieces on 10:00 - Mar 19 with 1039 viewsSonicBoom

I know there are Ralph supporters but that would have loved those tears as he showed "proper passion mush". But I thought it was cringey.
Had it been a cup final, or to stay up ok, but it just seemed bizarre. Can you imagine Mourinho doing it? If he had he would have been slated for making the game all about him....
Set pieces on 10:03 - Mar 19 with 1037 viewsRon11

Set pieces on 09:19 - Mar 19 by dirk_doone

Jacob Tanswell certainly does wax lyrical about Saints.

"Southampton’s transcendent philosophy is changing the way we view the Premier League.
We all know things are tough right now and times are troubling. But Southampton and Ralph Hasenhuttl have and will continue to offer the most marvellous form of escapism, doing it so with an untold amount of pride and honour in their club’s badge."

https://www.prostinternational.com/2021/01/05/hasenhuttl-in-tears-and-players-on

I know it's somewhat cynical of me to do so but I wonder if he is ever so slightly prone to exaggeration?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 9:31]

No, he's taking the piss.
Set pieces on 13:06 - Mar 19 with 966 viewsSadoldgit

Set pieces on 10:00 - Mar 19 by SonicBoom

I know there are Ralph supporters but that would have loved those tears as he showed "proper passion mush". But I thought it was cringey.
Had it been a cup final, or to stay up ok, but it just seemed bizarre. Can you imagine Mourinho doing it? If he had he would have been slated for making the game all about him....

Sometimes your emotions just get the better of you. I don’t mind admitting to shedding a tear when Rickie scored with his first touch for England or when Stuart Pearce put that penalty away after missing the previous one. I’m glad that football means so much to him.
Set pieces on 13:07 - Mar 19 with 966 viewsRipleys_revenge

That’s an astonishing stat. I’d say also that as good as dunks header was, Forster has a lot to answer for. So slow to get react and get down, I remember commenting at the time that it looked like it went in in slow motion. Nobody should be scoring a header direct from a corner that far out
Set pieces on 13:43 - Mar 19 with 955 viewssaint22

Set pieces on 13:07 - Mar 19 by Ripleys_revenge

That’s an astonishing stat. I’d say also that as good as dunks header was, Forster has a lot to answer for. So slow to get react and get down, I remember commenting at the time that it looked like it went in in slow motion. Nobody should be scoring a header direct from a corner that far out

Agreed
equally stick a player on the near post always, they would have cleared it
Oh and stick your biggest defender on their biggest defender too, not Bertrand so he flails about like a fool
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024