Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redmond 14:37 - Mar 20 with 1006 viewssaint22

Fair play to him, I am far from his biggest fan this season but he was different class from mid way through that first half, hopefully he can take that forward and make a difference in our remaining PL games, what he showed today is what we have missed so much

Interesting that he said this afterwards

On his goals: "This season I've not ran at people as much. I'm trying to figure out why. I had one thing in my head which was to get the team up the pitch as quicky as possible. I tried to get a yard and to shoot and thankfully they went in."
Redmond on 14:40 - Mar 20 with 999 viewsSadoldgit

We know what he is capable of and it was good to see him doing his stuff. More of that and we will soon be climbing back up the table.
Redmond on 14:41 - Mar 20 with 992 viewsKennington

Yep, superb today. Really hope he kicks on from it and goes on a run of form.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Redmond on 15:12 - Mar 20 with 929 viewskingolaf

Redmond on 14:41 - Mar 20 by Kennington

Excellent player. Never doubted him.
Redmond on 15:18 - Mar 20 with 916 viewsRon11

'I had one thing my head which was the get the team up the pitch as quickly as possible'.
Hopefully he's had a word with the manager regarding the pissing about with sideways and back passing. Hopefully all the players have...
Redmond on 15:39 - Mar 20 with 880 viewssaint22

Redmond on 15:18 - Mar 20 by Ron11

'I had one thing my head which was the get the team up the pitch as quickly as possible'.
Hopefully he's had a word with the manager regarding the pissing about with sideways and back passing. Hopefully all the players have...

Yes let’s hope so
Diallo is a help here, quick and always looking forwards
Made wheelchair look slow AF today
Redmond on 16:13 - Mar 20 with 845 viewscocklebreath

Yep that tactic has been found out, just play a more direct way, simple

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Redmond on 17:15 - Mar 20 with 790 viewskingslandstand1

But they did still fart about with the ball at the back and a few potential suicidal passes out from FF
Redmond on 18:51 - Mar 20 with 700 viewssaint22

Redmond on 17:15 - Mar 20 by kingslandstand1

But they did still fart about with the ball at the back and a few potential suicidal passes out from FF

Yes Forster cut it very close a couple of times!
Funny that Begovic seemed to take no chances and smack it downfield every time he got a back pass , the one exception when he tried to play out we scored our third
Login to get fewer ads

Redmond on 18:54 - Mar 20 with 694 viewscynicalsaint

Redmond on 14:41 - Mar 20 by Kennington

As predicted.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Redmond on 19:15 - Mar 20 with 674 viewsSonicBoom

Redmond on 18:54 - Mar 20 by cynicalsaint

As predicted.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Exactly. Redmond is a form player. Sometimes he's OK.
If he was class, he would deliver every week. I guess that's what you meant.
Redmond on 19:32 - Mar 20 with 644 viewscynicalsaint

Redmond on 19:15 - Mar 20 by SonicBoom

Exactly. Redmond is a form player. Sometimes he's OK.
If he was class, he would deliver every week. I guess that's what you meant.

Not quite.

Agreed his form has been up and down but he's top quality. Just been pulled down by the weight of carrying too many journeymen.

Consecutive Saints managers have seen it.

Pep spotted it a couple of years ago.

Maybe give him a break - see the positives.
Redmond on 20:41 - Mar 20 with 595 viewsKennington

Redmond on 19:32 - Mar 20 by cynicalsaint

Not quite.

Agreed his form has been up and down but he's top quality. Just been pulled down by the weight of carrying too many journeymen.

Consecutive Saints managers have seen it.

Pep spotted it a couple of years ago.

Maybe give him a break - see the positives.

His career says otherwise. Since Redmond’s been at the club, I reckon Shane Long has had more man of the match performances than Redmond so let’s not get carried away. In other words one excellent game in every 15-20 games isn’t a reason for a new Forster style contract extension. That said, hopefully he goes on an epic end of season run of his best ever form. And he’s lifting the cup in a few weeks.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Redmond on 20:51 - Mar 20 with 588 viewsSaintsforeverj

Redmond is a good player when he is on form and high in confidence. His problem is that he is inconsistent, so will never attract the attention of top clubs, because he only does the business in spells. He plays because he is capable of being effective for us, but he rarely produces the goods. Today he was superb, albeit against lesser opposition. But he is certainly worth having in the team and the hope is he can develop to become more consistent. Same with Djenepo. He also showed what he is capable of as he has on other rare occasions.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 20:54]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Redmond on 00:09 - Mar 21 with 511 viewsRon11

Redmond on 18:51 - Mar 20 by saint22

Yes Forster cut it very close a couple of times!
Funny that Begovic seemed to take no chances and smack it downfield every time he got a back pass , the one exception when he tried to play out we scored our third

Which has happened to Saints more than once...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024