Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final 14:41 - Mar 24 with 1434 viewsSalisburySaint

talks of one of the Semi finals being used as a test event

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-fa-cup

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9372359/Fans-attend-one-mon
[Post edited 24 Mar 2021 15:42]
Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 18:42 - Mar 24 with 1289 viewskingslandstand1

Well if it's only 1, it won't be ours when looking at the 2 teams in the other one
Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 06:54 - Mar 25 with 1148 viewsSaintNick

Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 18:42 - Mar 24 by kingslandstand1

Well if it's only 1, it won't be ours when looking at the 2 teams in the other one

not sure whether this will happen, the football authorities are not that happy with the way the government have announced a return to fans for the week before the season ends, as that means issues with the final day of the Premier league season and the play offs.

I think they had written off fans for this season and done see the point of just a couple of games

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 07:47 - Mar 25 with 1123 viewsSalisburySaint

Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 06:54 - Mar 25 by SaintNick

not sure whether this will happen, the football authorities are not that happy with the way the government have announced a return to fans for the week before the season ends, as that means issues with the final day of the Premier league season and the play offs.

I think they had written off fans for this season and done see the point of just a couple of games

With the likelihood that all the Euro games will now be played in UK, test events will be required well before June, so don't think its as unlikely as you think.

However fans being allowed into league games is a different matter, and even with that there was talk that one set of fixtures would get delayed until after May 17th in addtion to the last game of the season, so every Premier League team gets a home game to even things up.

We'll just have to wait and see, but as a glass half full type I'll keep my fingers crossed this may happen.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 9:50]
Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 08:00 - Mar 25 with 1113 viewsSaintNick

Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 07:47 - Mar 25 by SalisburySaint

With the likelihood that all the Euro games will now be played in UK, test events will be required well before June, so don't think its as unlikely as you think.

However fans being allowed into league games is a different matter, and even with that there was talk that one set of fixtures would get delayed until after May 17th in addtion to the last game of the season, so every Premier League team gets a home game to even things up.

We'll just have to wait and see, but as a glass half full type I'll keep my fingers crossed this may happen.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 9:50]

There is a lot of talk going on, im not saying it wont happen Im just saying what im hearing, I think the test events will happen, but not sure whether the clubs will get tickets for the semi finals, im not sure the police will be up for that one and there is only 3 weeks to go.

Delaying the fixtures has issues in itself the Europa League final is scheduled for 26th may 3 days after the end of the Premier League season, if we get a team in the final they are not going to want to play a Premier league fixture mid week on the 17th and other one on the 23rd and then the final on the 26th.

I think the final will have fans and the club wlll get an allocation not sure about the semi, it is not being put out there, but in terms of league games the clubs and football authorities seem to think it is not worth it for one game and better to end the season as it is and start from scratch next seeason.

It is fine to delay a fixture and get two games in so all teams have a home game, but Newcastle will protest about that

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 09:15 - Mar 25 with 1087 viewskingslandstand1

Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 06:54 - Mar 25 by SaintNick

I'm against the idea of fans in just for the last fixture day for the Prem. It will only be home fans and as a home game is supposed to be advantageous because you will have your fans there. With the Fulham/Newcastle potentally being a do or die game why should Fulham have that advantage when every other game has been behind closed doors
Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 10:17 - Mar 25 with 1043 viewsdwayne_dibley

Fans may be allowed for Cup Semi Final on 09:15 - Mar 25 by kingslandstand1

I'm against the idea of fans in just for the last fixture day for the Prem. It will only be home fans and as a home game is supposed to be advantageous because you will have your fans there. With the Fulham/Newcastle potentally being a do or die game why should Fulham have that advantage when every other game has been behind closed doors

because they are a London team

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024