Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended 17:06 - Mar 25 with 7388 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A teacher has been suspended after allegedly showing caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad during a religious education lesson exploring blasphemy.

Dozens of furious Muslim parents protested outside the historic Batley Grammar School in West Yorkshire today, which had to delay its opening and told pupils to stay at home amid chaotic scenes at the gates. The protesters had been demanding the resignation of the teacher. Muslims make up 41 per cent of the population in Batley, a historic market and mill town in the Kirkless region

Headteacher Gary Kibble 'sincerely apologised for the great offence to the community'. Today's protest comes five months after history teacher Samuel Paty was beheaded on the street near his school in a Paris suburb by an Islamic extremist last October after showing Prophet Muhammad cartoons to his students.

Reacting to the images being shown, Mohammad Salad Hussain, founder of the Batley-based Muslim charity Purpose of Life, said: "'We feel like he's (the teacher) hiding away and that's not good enough, he needs to show his face. A lot of us have questions for him about how this ever happened in the first place, something clearly went very wrong."

"Officers were guarding all school entrances".

How very sad - let's hope our fantastic intelligence agencies are able to prevent any abhorrent retaliations like we saw in France against Samuel Paty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-56524850

[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 17:07]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:18 - Mar 26 with 1339 viewsonehunglow

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:12 - Mar 26 by Lohengrin

Not really my thing, mate. You can’t jive to that.

Good God.
Listening to the words is a potted history of 80s Britain under Mme Thatcher .

You get the Hatton reference,the Heysel,and Toxteth aftermath in addition to what life was like.

A finer critique has never been made of post war pot industry Britain.

Old Hank,Woody and Bob wrote nothing better.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:25 - Mar 26 with 1337 viewsonehunglow

Loh. Got another song musing on contemporary life in Mucic thread section

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:33 - Mar 26 with 1355 viewsLohengrin

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:15 - Mar 26 by Gwyn737

Tis a bit tenuous, I agree. I find it all quite tricky to articulate.

Teaching comparative religion is a lot like teaching comparative philosophy in as much as it’s all about conflicting ideas: thesis and antithesis, the orthodox and heterodox.

The importance of studying in the round is that equips young minds to challenge or augment ideas by first understanding them from all angles.

Censorship just panders to zealots, it’s not healthy.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:40 - Mar 26 with 1323 viewsonehunglow

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:33 - Mar 26 by Lohengrin

Teaching comparative religion is a lot like teaching comparative philosophy in as much as it’s all about conflicting ideas: thesis and antithesis, the orthodox and heterodox.

The importance of studying in the round is that equips young minds to challenge or augment ideas by first understanding them from all angles.

Or simply accept that religions are basically a man made article to make us feel more optimistic of dying. The thought of death being the end is something most find impossible to accept.
All religion is based on what happens after death.

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 16:14 - Mar 26 with 1283 viewsBoundy

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:40 - Mar 26 by onehunglow

Or simply accept that religions are basically a man made article to make us feel more optimistic of dying. The thought of death being the end is something most find impossible to accept.
All religion is based on what happens after death.

Your last line is not strictly correct imo , I believe the Bible is based mostly on how mankind should act on earth ( 10 commandments for example) but I have been known to be wrong . while Islam seems to be indicate there 7 places to enjoy your retirement from living

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 17:53 - Mar 26 with 1252 viewsGwyn737

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 16:14 - Mar 26 by Boundy

Your last line is not strictly correct imo , I believe the Bible is based mostly on how mankind should act on earth ( 10 commandments for example) but I have been known to be wrong . while Islam seems to be indicate there 7 places to enjoy your retirement from living

I reckon all religions are just trying to explain the unexplained - creation, death and everything both before and after.

Friction occurs when science and critical thinking break through.
Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 17:53 - Mar 26 with 1254 viewsCatullus

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 14:33 - Mar 26 by Lohengrin

Totally agree, there are many subjects that could be awkward to talk about but it doesn't mean the conversation should be prevented.

You can use the long words, I'll just say everything has a Ying and a Yang

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 18:58 - Mar 26 with 1218 viewsonehunglow

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 16:14 - Mar 26 by Boundy

Well Boundy me ol mucker it is a pleasure to disagree with you as I do here.

EVERY religion has a fundamentalist view of an afterlife. EVERY one has it as its core.

It is the fundamental Christ on a Cross and thereafter that separates Protestantism and Catholisim.To Baptists,the cross concentrates on the death of Jesus and not the glory of the beating the Tomb and ascending back to his father. Its why no crosses are seen in Baptist churches whereas in other non conformist churches there are.
This is about interpretation of a death on a cross over 2000 years ago.

Login to get fewer ads

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 19:25 - Mar 26 with 1224 viewsGroo

Apparently this lesson has included the image for the last few years at least, maybe longer.

Its viewed via an overview projector.

A parent who's kid saw it a few years back said that the teacher then informed the kids what was about to be shown to give those who would be offended the chance to leave the room while it is shown. No fuss had been made before.

The teacher now is a new one and don't know if he did the same or just showed it.

Groo does what Groo does best

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 19:49 - Mar 26 with 1210 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 19:25 - Mar 26 by Groo

Apparently this lesson has included the image for the last few years at least, maybe longer.

Its viewed via an overview projector.

A parent who's kid saw it a few years back said that the teacher then informed the kids what was about to be shown to give those who would be offended the chance to leave the room while it is shown. No fuss had been made before.

The teacher now is a new one and don't know if he did the same or just showed it.

And now he is in hiding after receiving death threats from the Muslims.

That is the really offensive part of this saga.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 21:22 - Mar 26 with 1172 viewsCatullus

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 18:58 - Mar 26 by onehunglow

Well Boundy me ol mucker it is a pleasure to disagree with you as I do here.

EVERY religion has a fundamentalist view of an afterlife. EVERY one has it as its core.

It is the fundamental Christ on a Cross and thereafter that separates Protestantism and Catholisim.To Baptists,the cross concentrates on the death of Jesus and not the glory of the beating the Tomb and ascending back to his father. Its why no crosses are seen in Baptist churches whereas in other non conformist churches there are.
This is about interpretation of a death on a cross over 2000 years ago.

I have to disagree, sorry. Years back when I was still working, I was talking religion with a customer. She was a former teacher and wife of a vicar. It got quite deep, I was late tht day!

Anyway, she said that what I'd told her meant that If I did do religion I sounded like a Buddhist; they don't believe in an afterlife but a cycle of rebirth, reincarnation.

If there is a religion I could follow, Buddhism comes closest, specially now I've given up alcohol and I could easily do Dharma, you know, Gregs mate!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 22:26 - Mar 26 with 1144 viewsGwyn737

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 21:22 - Mar 26 by Catullus

I have to disagree, sorry. Years back when I was still working, I was talking religion with a customer. She was a former teacher and wife of a vicar. It got quite deep, I was late tht day!

Anyway, she said that what I'd told her meant that If I did do religion I sounded like a Buddhist; they don't believe in an afterlife but a cycle of rebirth, reincarnation.

If there is a religion I could follow, Buddhism comes closest, specially now I've given up alcohol and I could easily do Dharma, you know, Gregs mate!

I’d rather do Greggs as a religion 🤣
Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 22:47 - Mar 26 with 1119 viewsonehunglow

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 21:22 - Mar 26 by Catullus

Rebirth.
I win

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 11:41 - Mar 28 with 1034 viewsjackrabbit

Bravo to Charles Moore in Saturday’s Telegraph for his condemnation of the Islamic persecution of the young RE teacher at Batley Grammar school. How has it got to this? How have we let it get to this? In the letters column of the same issue a Muslim correspondent starts his letter “Let us put into perspective the deep reverence that Muslims feel for the prophet..”. How ironic, Muslims requesting perspective.

The RE teacher tried to give a lesson about sacrilege and as an example of sacrilege showed the Charlie Hebdo cartoon of the prophet Mohammed. His expectation was that it would kick off a debate in class. Instead he’s suspended from his job, and in hiding, fearing for his life. Absolutely diabolical and totally unacceptable. And his school threw him to the wolves instead of standing by him - shameful and cowardly.

We live in a democratic open society with a free open education system that tries to educate our children about the world. If certain people object to the way we teach and what we teach I suggest they’re living in the wrong country.

There are daily flights from Heathrow to Karachi and Middle Eastern countries where they might feel more comfortable. I suggest they take one of these flights. They need to change, not us.
Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 11:46 - Mar 28 with 1026 viewsraynor94

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 11:41 - Mar 28 by jackrabbit

Bravo to Charles Moore in Saturday’s Telegraph for his condemnation of the Islamic persecution of the young RE teacher at Batley Grammar school. How has it got to this? How have we let it get to this? In the letters column of the same issue a Muslim correspondent starts his letter “Let us put into perspective the deep reverence that Muslims feel for the prophet..”. How ironic, Muslims requesting perspective.

The RE teacher tried to give a lesson about sacrilege and as an example of sacrilege showed the Charlie Hebdo cartoon of the prophet Mohammed. His expectation was that it would kick off a debate in class. Instead he’s suspended from his job, and in hiding, fearing for his life. Absolutely diabolical and totally unacceptable. And his school threw him to the wolves instead of standing by him - shameful and cowardly.

We live in a democratic open society with a free open education system that tries to educate our children about the world. If certain people object to the way we teach and what we teach I suggest they’re living in the wrong country.

There are daily flights from Heathrow to Karachi and Middle Eastern countries where they might feel more comfortable. I suggest they take one of these flights. They need to change, not us.

Brilliant post, couldn't agree more

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:27 - Mar 28 with 994 viewsBoundy

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 11:41 - Mar 28 by jackrabbit

The trouble is imo , some followers of this particular faith want the freedoms that this country offers them compared to say Pakistan or Saudi Arabia , but then are selective on what they consider sacrosanct, at the cost of our freedoms and I have to add some lives . I'm afraid we're now paying the price of unfettered access from the Blair years.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:34 - Mar 28 with 993 viewsjackrabbit

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:27 - Mar 28 by Boundy

The trouble is imo , some followers of this particular faith want the freedoms that this country offers them compared to say Pakistan or Saudi Arabia , but then are selective on what they consider sacrosanct, at the cost of our freedoms and I have to add some lives . I'm afraid we're now paying the price of unfettered access from the Blair years.

Very true. Blair has a lot to answer for.
Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:46 - Mar 28 with 974 viewsonehunglow

Better really if we all taught that all religions are effectively imbedded in our brain from birth.
It matters not if we go to a church. It is a faith passed down by family.

We need to say to Muslims this;

Look chaps, you believe Jesus wasn't crucified but called up to heaven by God whilst an imposter took his place on the cross. Christian believe he was ,was buried and on the third day,ascended into heaven . He got there anyway.

So why the centuries of senseless slaughter

Why

Every school needs to teach this

They won't .

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 16:21 - Mar 28 with 948 viewsjackrabbit

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:46 - Mar 28 by onehunglow

Better really if we all taught that all religions are effectively imbedded in our brain from birth.
It matters not if we go to a church. It is a faith passed down by family.

We need to say to Muslims this;

Look chaps, you believe Jesus wasn't crucified but called up to heaven by God whilst an imposter took his place on the cross. Christian believe he was ,was buried and on the third day,ascended into heaven . He got there anyway.

So why the centuries of senseless slaughter

Why

Every school needs to teach this

They won't .

Funnily enough it does not have a lot to do with religion. It’s more a culture clash. When you go to live in another country you need to heed its culture and traditions and make an effort to integrate into that society. British Sikhs and Hindus do it very well, British Muslims not so well - in certain parts of the country anyway. When I lived in Saudi Arabia, I knew I had to concur with the restricted lifestyle - by Western standards - of that country - dress modestly, no alcohol, behave in a dignified and respectful fashion when in public, no church attendance, even if you wanted it, and all the rest.
Here we allow large communities of immigrants to exist who make little or no effort to assimilate into our way of life. This was exemplified by the main instigator of the hate-filled campaign against this RE teacher, a chap called Muhammad Hussain who came out with: “ We can’t use the expression, freedom of speech to offend people.” Eh? Bloody right we can, in this country - and the law upholds it. If it didn’t, I would claim that Mr Hussain’s threatening intervention offends me, and have him arrested. Soon everybody would be claiming offence about everything and free speech would go out the window. We must not let that happen. Things have already gone too far.
Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 16:32 - Mar 28 with 939 viewstrampie

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 16:21 - Mar 28 by jackrabbit

Funnily enough it does not have a lot to do with religion. It’s more a culture clash. When you go to live in another country you need to heed its culture and traditions and make an effort to integrate into that society. British Sikhs and Hindus do it very well, British Muslims not so well - in certain parts of the country anyway. When I lived in Saudi Arabia, I knew I had to concur with the restricted lifestyle - by Western standards - of that country - dress modestly, no alcohol, behave in a dignified and respectful fashion when in public, no church attendance, even if you wanted it, and all the rest.
Here we allow large communities of immigrants to exist who make little or no effort to assimilate into our way of life. This was exemplified by the main instigator of the hate-filled campaign against this RE teacher, a chap called Muhammad Hussain who came out with: “ We can’t use the expression, freedom of speech to offend people.” Eh? Bloody right we can, in this country - and the law upholds it. If it didn’t, I would claim that Mr Hussain’s threatening intervention offends me, and have him arrested. Soon everybody would be claiming offence about everything and free speech would go out the window. We must not let that happen. Things have already gone too far.

That is the problem the world over, immigrants becoming the majority in a certain area and taking over, look at us we owned Blighty and the English came over in the form of Germanic tribes, look at the native Americans in North America and the white man taking over, look at Ireland and the planters taking over a patch, now some parts of some cities and towns in England are taken over.

It is very important that immigrants assimilate.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 18:20 - Mar 28 with 901 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Here are some facts about Mohammed Amin Pandor - the Imam who doxxed the teacher and organised the protests outside the school.

1. He issued a fatwa to his followers stating that the uncertainty about the ingredients in the Covid-19 vaccines means they should not be promoted, God provides a definite remedy for safety from every disease and saying a prayer three times will keep you safe from Covid-19.

2. He published false information which originated from an Iranian disinformation campaign that accused the UK's Chief Rabbi of saying it was permissible to keep sex-slaves.

3. Signed letters opposing gay marriage.

4. Led a campaign against a Muslim former Metropolitan Police commander who said that the UK must reclaim Islam from extremists.

5. Used racial slurs to describe Ahmadi Muslims - a persecuted Islamic sect in Pakistan.

So to conclude; he is anti-vax, homophobic, anti-Semitic, in favour of Islamic extremism and also a racist against other Muslim's who believe a slightly different fairy-tale than him. That's a full house!

What a pleasant man.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9410441/Imam-protested-Charlie-Hebdo-ca

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 19:29 - Mar 28 with 870 viewsjackrabbit

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 18:20 - Mar 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Here are some facts about Mohammed Amin Pandor - the Imam who doxxed the teacher and organised the protests outside the school.

1. He issued a fatwa to his followers stating that the uncertainty about the ingredients in the Covid-19 vaccines means they should not be promoted, God provides a definite remedy for safety from every disease and saying a prayer three times will keep you safe from Covid-19.

2. He published false information which originated from an Iranian disinformation campaign that accused the UK's Chief Rabbi of saying it was permissible to keep sex-slaves.

3. Signed letters opposing gay marriage.

4. Led a campaign against a Muslim former Metropolitan Police commander who said that the UK must reclaim Islam from extremists.

5. Used racial slurs to describe Ahmadi Muslims - a persecuted Islamic sect in Pakistan.

So to conclude; he is anti-vax, homophobic, anti-Semitic, in favour of Islamic extremism and also a racist against other Muslim's who believe a slightly different fairy-tale than him. That's a full house!

What a pleasant man.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9410441/Imam-protested-Charlie-Hebdo-ca

Why tf is he still living here? Or should that read, why the f*** are we allowing him to still live here? We are the softest touch on the planet.
Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 19:55 - Mar 28 with 856 viewstrampie

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 19:29 - Mar 28 by jackrabbit

Why tf is he still living here? Or should that read, why the f*** are we allowing him to still live here? We are the softest touch on the planet.

It's the Empire and wars, do we feel a debt of gratitude or was it simply we needed workers after the world wars ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:19 - Mar 29 with 798 viewsCatullus

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 22:47 - Mar 26 by onehunglow

Rebirth.
I win

Rebirth means new life, not an afterlife mun!

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:24 - Mar 29 with 793 viewsCatullus

Prophet Muhammad cartoon sparks school protest - teacher suspended on 12:27 - Mar 28 by Boundy

Yeah, we get some immigarnts who come here and demand we assimilate into their beliefs. When we don't they scream racism.

Blair indulged in social engineering for political advantage, in the end all he did was propagate more trouble. Balir has a lot to answer for.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024