Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Royal Mail scam 18:27 - Mar 27 with 3540 viewsYouTubeDale

Heard about the scam on the radio yesterday and lo and behold I received a text message from Royal Mail today which I deleted. They are asking for a payment for delivery charges but really it is an attempt to get your bank details. Apparently these scams are getting more sophisticated and believable, they mimic the bank doing security checks etc, etc.

Beware.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Royal Mail scam on 18:36 - Mar 27 with 3498 viewsD_Alien

More details:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-56500599

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Royal Mail scam on 18:39 - Mar 27 with 3475 viewsncfc_chalky

Sounds like the same scam doing the rounds in Nottingham,the number that's shown up on your mobile is the same one as Barclays or whatever,HMRC,Sky and Amazon are also used to dupe people,there was something about it on the BBC online yesterday but I can't do links

Edit

D_Alien has put up the link
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 18:41]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Royal Mail scam on 19:45 - Mar 27 with 3321 viewsFrog

Got it a couple of weeks ago, wife got it the following week. Scum.
Royal Mail scam on 19:51 - Mar 27 with 3306 viewsblackdogblue

Royal Mail scam on 19:45 - Mar 27 by Frog

I had the same as well, with a world shopping on line so believable.. fortunately been through how to spot phishing e mails / texts & noticed a - in the link..

Better try is the amount of calls I am getting for tax fraud & there is a warrant out for my arrest...

Scum of the earth

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Royal Mail scam on 20:33 - Mar 27 with 3224 viewsjudd

Royal Mail scam on 19:51 - Mar 27 by blackdogblue

I had the same as well, with a world shopping on line so believable.. fortunately been through how to spot phishing e mails / texts & noticed a - in the link..

Better try is the amount of calls I am getting for tax fraud & there is a warrant out for my arrest...

Scum of the earth

I got a hard copy letter in the post AND the same letter by email from the same organisation on the same day.

You couldn't make it up.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Royal Mail scam on 20:38 - Mar 27 with 3212 viewskel

Royal Mail scam on 20:33 - Mar 27 by judd

I got a hard copy letter in the post AND the same letter by email from the same organisation on the same day.

You couldn't make it up.

No phone call?
Royal Mail scam on 20:43 - Mar 27 with 3191 viewsjudd

Royal Mail scam on 20:38 - Mar 27 by kel

No phone call?

Not yet

Poll: What is it to be then?

Royal Mail scam on 20:48 - Mar 27 with 3176 views442Dale

Royal Mail scam on 20:33 - Mar 27 by judd

You couldn't make it up.

Had similar and thought it was really nice that they thought so highly of me to use different methods to ensure I got their message.

Only to discover they put the same correspondence for the world to see on their website. Disappointed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Royal Mail scam on 22:17 - Mar 27 with 3055 viewsFrog

Royal Mail scam on 23:51 - Mar 27 with 2988 viewsSandyman

Royal Mail scam on 20:48 - Mar 27 by 442Dale

Had similar and thought it was really nice that they thought so highly of me to use different methods to ensure I got their message.

Only to discover they put the same correspondence for the world to see on their website. Disappointed.

Thrice, you, I and many others saw the false mantra "hugely talented" on the same day by three different methods of communication. Thrice the excuse for not telling us about a contract extension and nought as to WHY the contract was awarded on the back of poor results. Thrice, forget about it "line in the sand".

Failed. Thrice not gullible.

More positivity, optimism and realism in Fitzo's news release today. This has to be our future.

Time's up Mr B. Go, go and thrice go.
Royal Mail scam on 05:15 - Mar 28 with 2936 viewsNigeriamark

Royal Mail scam on 18:39 - Mar 27 by ncfc_chalky

Sounds like the same scam doing the rounds in Nottingham,the number that's shown up on your mobile is the same one as Barclays or whatever,HMRC,Sky and Amazon are also used to dupe people,there was something about it on the BBC online yesterday but I can't do links

Edit

D_Alien has put up the link
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 18:41]

Be wary of Amazon and Halifax scams. I stayed with my mum last year who is elderly & has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. The Amazon one is phishing for existing users who are looking to downgrade or cancel their account. I was about to cancel my mother's so started to engage in conversation. However it became clear they were asking for bank details and when I asked them to confirm the Amazon account details they couldn't

The Halifax one is a text where they say they want to confirm a large donation to a charity that you have just made. Of course you haven't so I assume it is an attempt for you to call & they will try to get some details again. We called the real Halifax number instead who confirmed it was a scam

As someone said in this chain absolute scum
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024