Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Boycott required! 17:43 - Apr 10 with 15202 viewsTalkingSutty

It’s with a very heavy heart but I think somebody has to say it...the only way we will get Bottomley and this inept manager out of the Club is to refuse to purchase season tickets, otherwise we are funding their wages. The renewing of BBMs contract was the equivalent of putting two big fat fingers up to all of the Supporters, well it’s time the Supporters returned the compliment!
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 14:01 - Apr 11 with 2571 viewsAtThePeake

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:27 - Apr 11 by 1907

Yeah so the message you are portraying is the going gets rough & we’re not doing so well we all just give up?

That’s quite a dangerous message to share from someone who has supported the club for more than 70 years.

Things are bad at the minute, really bad.

But surely to God it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that the board of directors (not including DB) are aware of the feeling towards DB.

The whole situation cannot and will not continue without the need for fans to turn their backs on the club or refrain from purchasing season tickets.

A boycott is not the same as 'giving up'.

People aren't suggested they want to stay away because they're giving up with how poor performances and results are. They are suggesting they want to stay away to try and affect change. Did the Blackpool fans who boycotted games and still organised protests and marches to the ground on matchdays 'give up' or did they affect the change needed to save their club?

Tangled up in blue.

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 14:08 - Apr 11 with 2521 viewsJames1980

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 14:01 - Apr 11 by AtThePeake

People aren't suggested they want to stay away because they're giving up with how poor performances and results are. They are suggesting they want to stay away to try and affect change. Did the Blackpool fans who boycotted games and still organised protests and marches to the ground on matchdays 'give up' or did they affect the change needed to save their club?

That change took a while to come about though. How did Blackpool survive the drop in revenue?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 14:24 - Apr 11 with 2479 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 14:08 - Apr 11 by James1980

That change took a while to come about though. How did Blackpool survive the drop in revenue?

They received a fortune from being in the premier league.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 14:28 - Apr 11 with 2463 views1907

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 14:01 - Apr 11 by AtThePeake

But I genuinely believe certain people will use this “boycott” as an excuse to just give up, either because they can’t really be arsed anymore or their priorities have changed as a result of covid.

Our position is incomparable with Blackpool’s in my opinion. They had the benefit of parachute payments to help financially, as well as owners who had money & are a much more marketable club.

We are unbelievably reliant on season ticket sales, so to boycott that in my opinion is just cutting off our nose to spite our face.

There are many other avenues available to impact change before taking such dramatic action as promoting this, which has been the point I’ve been attempting to make over the last 5 pages.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 14:35 - Apr 11 with 2440 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 14:28 - Apr 11 by 1907

But I genuinely believe certain people will use this “boycott” as an excuse to just give up, either because they can’t really be arsed anymore or their priorities have changed as a result of covid.

Our position is incomparable with Blackpool’s in my opinion. They had the benefit of parachute payments to help financially, as well as owners who had money & are a much more marketable club.

We are unbelievably reliant on season ticket sales, so to boycott that in my opinion is just cutting off our nose to spite our face.

There are many other avenues available to impact change before taking such dramatic action as promoting this, which has been the point I’ve been attempting to make over the last 5 pages.

How much of our annual income is generated by season ticket sales?

10%?

12%?

The timing of it is the appeal to the club as it all comes in in a very short space of time, funding cashflow during a fallow period of income.

Delaying paying for STs will not put the club under, but it will hurt the club if change does not happen and delays become declines.

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 16:28 - Apr 11 with 2248 viewsBillyRudd

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 14:35 - Apr 11 by judd

How much of our annual income is generated by season ticket sales?

10%?

12%?

The timing of it is the appeal to the club as it all comes in in a very short space of time, funding cashflow during a fallow period of income.

Delaying paying for STs will not put the club under, but it will hurt the club if change does not happen and delays become declines.

"Delaying paying for STs will not put the club under, but it will hurt the club if change does not happen and delays become declines".

As much as I am keen to see the back of BBM,s particular brand of football and by association if need be his benefactor, your very words Judd are why I am against the tenor of this thread.
CD,s return or not is totally unconnected with ST sales, it is dependent on gaining enough votes to oust the present board. If I assume correctly that no amount of coercion, cajoling or financial warfare is going to make the present board fall on its sword then the only outcome will be a negative effect on the clubs finances which will inevitably be reflected in the talent on the pitch. I am also not as confident as you as to the clubs ability to endure more financial pressure than it is inevitably going to get anyway. So much of the clubs finances are shrouded in mystery that I am a loss as to get a handle on the real situation. With this in mind for me a ST boycott is playing with fire. I understand the desire to do something but am not convinced this is the best course of action. For me, it would be far better to wait for the outcome of any EGM. In that respect can you tell me what the threshold is for instigating an EGM in the AOA.
Of course my view is compromised for reasons I have outlined in another post and I would not be critical of anyone who decides not to proceed with a ST purchase. Every financial transaction is a personal decision other than those infernal taxes.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 16:40 - Apr 11 with 2218 viewsSandyman

As far as I know, it needs 10% of shareholders to call for an AGM.
http://www.fsk-ees.ru/eng/media/File/general%20meeting/Procedure_shareholders_ca
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 17:26 - Apr 11 with 2102 views442Dale

Would it be a good route forward if shareholders, both large and small, could be made aware that they can contract an organisation/group (eg the Trust/those connected with CD consortium/other large shareholder) who can collate details with numbers of shares held to then look to call an EGM? It would then allow for clear knowledge of exactly what percentage of shareholders are presenting this course of action as a group and then further steps can be followed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 17:32 - Apr 11 with 2069 viewsseasidedale

Bear in mind that if we got the shareholders to call an EGM and the main aim of it to get Dunphy in, would it not be prudent to ensure he has bought shares before we do this
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 17:41 - Apr 11 with 2031 viewsNigeriamark

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 17:26 - Apr 11 by 442Dale

Would it be a good route forward if shareholders, both large and small, could be made aware that they can contract an organisation/group (eg the Trust/those connected with CD consortium/other large shareholder) who can collate details with numbers of shares held to then look to call an EGM? It would then allow for clear knowledge of exactly what percentage of shareholders are presenting this course of action as a group and then further steps can be followed.

I would have thought that before the whole boycott, DB out etc is initiated, the first question would be do we need a CEO or not, irrespective of who currently holds that role. It seems to be a quite new position so the first question should be after a review of the last few years, who will hold the power going forward, a CEO or a Board

If it is decided the chairman/board will make all decisions, then as alluded to in an earlier thread, you don't need a CEO at all. Then it is literally a 10 minute board decision to make the position redundant & ensure you document the decision correctly. Under labour law it doesen't matter who holds the position, the only requirement is that you don't then recreate the position within a certain period of time

Would seem to be a much simpler solution than most of this thread
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 18:08 - Apr 11 with 1965 views49thseason

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 16:40 - Apr 11 by Sandyman

As far as I know, it needs 10% of shareholders to call for an AGM.
http://www.fsk-ees.ru/eng/media/File/general%20meeting/Procedure_shareholders_ca

The c9mpany's Articles state the themDirectors must abide by current company law. So:
An extraordinary general meeting (“EGM”) is a meeting of shareholders other than the company’s annual general meeting. Under section 310 of the Companies Act 2016 (“the Act”), an EGM may be convened by either the board of directors or the shareholders. According to section 310(b) of the Act, for shareholders to convene an EGM, the shareholders must hold at least 10% of the issued share capital of a company or a lower percentage as specified in the constitution of the company or if the company has no share capital, by at least 5% in the number of the shareholders.

Further, shareholders of a company have power under section 311 of the Act to require the directors to convene an EGM (“section 311 requisition”). Following a section 311 requisition, the directors are under an obligation to call and hold an EGM in accordance with section 312 of the Act.

When directors fail to convene EGM following a section 311 requisition

There may be a situation where upon a section 311 requisition, the directors default in calling and holding a meeting of shareholders in accordance with section 312 of the Act. Section 312 states that:

Directors shall call for the meeting within 14 days from the date of the requisition;
Directors shall hold the meeting on a date not more than 28 days after the date of the notice to convene the meeting;
Notice of meeting shall include the text of resolution if requests received by company identify a resolution intended to be moved at the meeting;
Business that may be dealt with at the meeting includes a resolution of which notice is given in accordance with section 312 of the Act; and
If the resolution is to be proposed as a special resolution, the directors shall be considered as not having duly called for the meeting if the notice of the resolution is not
given in accordance with section 292 of the Act.
In such event, section 313 of the Act grants power to the shareholders who requisitioned the meeting, or any of the shareholders representing more than one half of the total voting rights of all the shareholders who requisitioned the meeting to directly convene an EGM where the directors have failed to do so.

10% of issued share capital not 10% of shareholders so about 50,000 shares? Kelly could do it if he had to, the Americans could do it, there are dozens of combinations of shareholders who could do it collectively.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 20:02 - Apr 11 with 1838 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 16:28 - Apr 11 by BillyRudd

"Delaying paying for STs will not put the club under, but it will hurt the club if change does not happen and delays become declines".

As much as I am keen to see the back of BBM,s particular brand of football and by association if need be his benefactor, your very words Judd are why I am against the tenor of this thread.
CD,s return or not is totally unconnected with ST sales, it is dependent on gaining enough votes to oust the present board. If I assume correctly that no amount of coercion, cajoling or financial warfare is going to make the present board fall on its sword then the only outcome will be a negative effect on the clubs finances which will inevitably be reflected in the talent on the pitch. I am also not as confident as you as to the clubs ability to endure more financial pressure than it is inevitably going to get anyway. So much of the clubs finances are shrouded in mystery that I am a loss as to get a handle on the real situation. With this in mind for me a ST boycott is playing with fire. I understand the desire to do something but am not convinced this is the best course of action. For me, it would be far better to wait for the outcome of any EGM. In that respect can you tell me what the threshold is for instigating an EGM in the AOA.
Of course my view is compromised for reasons I have outlined in another post and I would not be critical of anyone who decides not to proceed with a ST purchase. Every financial transaction is a personal decision other than those infernal taxes.

There appears to be a real appetite for the return of CD and his manifesto thereafter.

It appears that the club has delayed any response to fans questions posed via the Trust in what seems to be deliberate procrastination.

Share holders on this very board have not had any responses to emails regarding an EGM.

In order to effect CD's return, and as Dalei Lama has already stated, a multi-stranded approach is needed.

With regards a season ticket boycott, it is clearly obvious that 100% boycott would never be achieved, but a sizeable amount could be.

On 19th April there is an opportunity for the board to decide to resign without the need for an EGM and re-install CD. A potential season ticket boycott brought to the attention of the Chairman may very well serve to focus minds on a real risk to sizeable income (although no one yet knows how the club intends to deal with season ticket holders for this season). The board may very well rise to the challenge, the fans may also, and some may get lost to the club in the aftermath. It's a risk for the board to weigh up.

I believe 49th Season has eloquently answered your question re the calling of an EGM, This adds more time to the process.

Below is an extract from Mark Hodkinson's recent article referencing a conversation between him and the CE:

" ‘But the football is bloody awful,’ I’ve told him several times. For a second he will fall quiet and I can see that he is conflicted. Then he rallies — he always rallies: ‘That’s not what others say.’"

That says to me that the CE will not go voluntarily from either position he holds.

From Chris Dunphy's response to the Trust questions:

"Any return would be entirely up to the shareholders, what I may or may not like is irrelevant. What I have decided is that I cannot stand by and watch the club disintegrate without putting up a fight to try and save it, so I will do all I can to help. If they choose not to invite me, so be it, but at least I know I tried."

There are a number of us also putting up a fight and helping. It's not all talk.

Why am I more confident than you of the club weathering the financial storm I allude to on here? I am not going to do the job of our well-remunerated executive. They will have to go out and earn their corn. Quite happy to discuss privately with you via PM.

Cheers. I fully respect your position.

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 20:30 - Apr 11 with 1779 viewsTomRAFC

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 17:41 - Apr 11 by Nigeriamark

I would have thought that before the whole boycott, DB out etc is initiated, the first question would be do we need a CEO or not, irrespective of who currently holds that role. It seems to be a quite new position so the first question should be after a review of the last few years, who will hold the power going forward, a CEO or a Board

If it is decided the chairman/board will make all decisions, then as alluded to in an earlier thread, you don't need a CEO at all. Then it is literally a 10 minute board decision to make the position redundant & ensure you document the decision correctly. Under labour law it doesen't matter who holds the position, the only requirement is that you don't then recreate the position within a certain period of time

What varying roles with similar names entail is certainly confusing at times. I know that I would like someone who fills the role Colin Garlic/Russ Green did. Someone with experience of running a football club.

At the moment we have a CEO who lacks the relevant experience to do this and also lacks the self-awareness to see he is out of his depth.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 20:38 - Apr 11 with 1743 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 17:41 - Apr 11 by Nigeriamark

Our first CE was 20 years ago and was always, first and foremost, a club employee.

Not sure of league rules regarding the need for a CE, but it appears to have grown out of the club secretary role.

I think a senior paid role also arose because Directors/Chairman are not allowed to be paid for the work they do, so the leg work is done by an employee for Chairman & board to decide upon.

With regards making the position redundant, there is a process to go through that involves being considered for another role in the business and all reasonable suggestions from the affected post holder need to be fairly evaluated.

It could be lengthy.

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 20:44 - Apr 11 with 1722 viewsblackdogblue

OMG... tried to catch up with the thread but so much in fighting it’s untrue...

Simple for me... depends on what league we are in & how much.. said on another thread my feelings & thoughts...

We will never be rich whilst Chalky keeps winning on the Dale Lotto...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 21:27 - Apr 11 with 1637 viewsncfc_chalky

Fear not bdb, every penny that I've won has gone back into Dales coffers one way or another 👍

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 21:52 - Apr 11 with 1580 viewsBrierls

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 12:41 - Apr 11 by SuddenLad

My personal opinion is that any form of boycott involving season tickets is not only counter-productive but threatens the very existence of the club. It's a step too far. If we still want a club to support, we have to help and support it financially to keep it afloat.

The biggest issue by far is the Boardroom. The CEO has taken this club in a direction that none of us wanted and in a direction that a previous Chairman was not prepared to tolerate, nor be accountable for. Who can blame him? The last Chairman was as weak and inept. He offered no obvious leadership of any kind and was utterly anonymous. A very poor example, regardless of the number of shares he has.

Then the BBM saga. The contract issue was farcical and unprofessional, but let's understand that the responsibility for this lies squarely with the CEO. It was HIS responsibility - not BBM's - to make this announcement and any feeble excuses as to why it wasn't done are not acceptable.

This squad in its' entirety was never good enough or big enough to compete effectively in League One. The budget restrictions were crippling, as was the squad size. Cutbacks are one thing, but setting someone up to fail is something else entirely. With few exceptions in the recruiting of players, we have seemingly been preparing a squad for League Two. Results have been ghastly, yet even now, despite that, we are still in with a shout of surviving in League One. The remaining games and displays will tell us what the true objective is.

It starts on Tuesday. A seven-game season. I'll be glad to see the back of it but whilst there is still something to play for I'll be behind the team every step of the way. I still think we can get out of the mire if the likes of Lund and Humphrys can return in time for the remaining games.

The future of this club lies collectively with those in the Boardroom and also the people who hold the majority of the shares. Some heads need banging together, there need to be some harsh words and people need to wake up to the damage that is being done. It's not too late. Yet.

We want our club back. We want a club that is run by people we can trust. We need a return of the TeamRochdale ethic. On and off the field.

Superb post!
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 22:03 - Apr 11 with 1552 viewsncfc_chalky

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 21:52 - Apr 11 by Brierls

Superb post!

Absolutely agree,fook me I almost wanted to salute it and go to fight them on the beaches

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 23:12 - Apr 11 with 1456 viewsSandyman

Some seem to be having at dig a current / recent Season Ticket holders who won't renew to effect change at the club. These are people who have put money into the club in the past, are prepared to do so in the future but are currently disillusioned, with good reason. Opinions differ of course, but that's football.

Wonder if those opposing a boycott would talk in the same manner to the 200,000+ people in the borough who don't bother going to games at all and have never put a penny piece into the club? The support we have is small and we need every supporter on board, not driven away by incompetence.

As SuddenLad so rightly said, "We want our club back. We want a club that is run by people we can trust. We need a return of the TeamRochdale ethic. On and off the field."

The current "custodians" have, as has been said elsewhere, "misread the room". Or maybe just one of them? Who knows.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 0:55]
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 07:06 - Apr 12 with 1302 viewsNigeriamark

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 20:38 - Apr 11 by judd

Our first CE was 20 years ago and was always, first and foremost, a club employee.

Not sure of league rules regarding the need for a CE, but it appears to have grown out of the club secretary role.

I think a senior paid role also arose because Directors/Chairman are not allowed to be paid for the work they do, so the leg work is done by an employee for Chairman & board to decide upon.

With regards making the position redundant, there is a process to go through that involves being considered for another role in the business and all reasonable suggestions from the affected post holder need to be fairly evaluated.

It could be lengthy.

all the processes you mention after the decision is made can be done with the employee being on gardening leave. I've been involved in a number of redundancy processes including my own on 1 occasion. Once the decision is made it's just a HR management issue. Also as long as it is done & documented properly there is far less come back than with a sacking. I've not seen DB's annual objective plan and I would doubt anyone on this board has seen them either. As a result I would not have any idea as to whether he has made them or not, but if he has then sacking is not really an easy option
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 08:06 - Apr 12 with 1241 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 07:06 - Apr 12 by Nigeriamark

all the processes you mention after the decision is made can be done with the employee being on gardening leave. I've been involved in a number of redundancy processes including my own on 1 occasion. Once the decision is made it's just a HR management issue. Also as long as it is done & documented properly there is far less come back than with a sacking. I've not seen DB's annual objective plan and I would doubt anyone on this board has seen them either. As a result I would not have any idea as to whether he has made them or not, but if he has then sacking is not really an easy option

Either way, could be an interesting task for our new and first time in the club's history HR manager to get his teeth into.

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 08:49 - Apr 12 with 1189 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 08:06 - Apr 12 by judd

Either way, could be an interesting task for our new and first time in the club's history HR manager to get his teeth into.

It must have passed me by our new HR manager...that is exactly what the Club has been crying out for over the last couple of years. When was that appointment made please? An experienced HR manager is definitely what is needed at this moment in time, especially if there are changes to be made in the working practices at the club and other issues regarding employment decisions. That could prove to be the most important bit of recruitment we have seen in a long time.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 8:52]
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 08:58 - Apr 12 with 1167 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 08:49 - Apr 12 by TalkingSutty

It must have passed me by our new HR manager...that is exactly what the Club has been crying out for over the last couple of years. When was that appointment made please? An experienced HR manager is definitely what is needed at this moment in time, especially if there are changes to be made in the working practices at the club and other issues regarding employment decisions. That could prove to be the most important bit of recruitment we have seen in a long time.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 8:52]

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/january/insidearenapodcasttonycooke/

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:01 - Apr 12 with 1077 viewsBillyRudd

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 20:02 - Apr 11 by judd

There appears to be a real appetite for the return of CD and his manifesto thereafter.

It appears that the club has delayed any response to fans questions posed via the Trust in what seems to be deliberate procrastination.

Share holders on this very board have not had any responses to emails regarding an EGM.

In order to effect CD's return, and as Dalei Lama has already stated, a multi-stranded approach is needed.

With regards a season ticket boycott, it is clearly obvious that 100% boycott would never be achieved, but a sizeable amount could be.

On 19th April there is an opportunity for the board to decide to resign without the need for an EGM and re-install CD. A potential season ticket boycott brought to the attention of the Chairman may very well serve to focus minds on a real risk to sizeable income (although no one yet knows how the club intends to deal with season ticket holders for this season). The board may very well rise to the challenge, the fans may also, and some may get lost to the club in the aftermath. It's a risk for the board to weigh up.

I believe 49th Season has eloquently answered your question re the calling of an EGM, This adds more time to the process.

Below is an extract from Mark Hodkinson's recent article referencing a conversation between him and the CE:

" ‘But the football is bloody awful,’ I’ve told him several times. For a second he will fall quiet and I can see that he is conflicted. Then he rallies — he always rallies: ‘That’s not what others say.’"

That says to me that the CE will not go voluntarily from either position he holds.

From Chris Dunphy's response to the Trust questions:

"Any return would be entirely up to the shareholders, what I may or may not like is irrelevant. What I have decided is that I cannot stand by and watch the club disintegrate without putting up a fight to try and save it, so I will do all I can to help. If they choose not to invite me, so be it, but at least I know I tried."

There are a number of us also putting up a fight and helping. It's not all talk.

Why am I more confident than you of the club weathering the financial storm I allude to on here? I am not going to do the job of our well-remunerated executive. They will have to go out and earn their corn. Quite happy to discuss privately with you via PM.

Cheers. I fully respect your position.

Nothing in your post I take issue with Judd and are known knowns. Unfortunately going forward there are a lot of unknowns including the timescale of CD,s intentions, horse trading of voting intentions and just how tight a circle the present boards "circle of wagons" are..

In February on the topic of ST sales I wrote the below and perhaps best explains why for the moment I am against a campaign of financial duress. My standpoint might change but I fear at this moment it might just be a case of "act in haste, repent at leisure"!

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Burton Albion
at 20:32 28 Feb 2021

I remember those days Northern and it was a time when you could,nt watch a match every night on T.V. as you can today.
1,000 is an outlier I admit but we have a veritable storm of issues coming together and while I understand ATP,s call for balance, the truth is no one knows what the post covid situation will look like
I am in my sixties but I often joked that when I entered the main stand I would be lowering the average age. Its a situation that has been recognised by the club in the past.
So playing devils advocate.....
Sadly some will have passed away naturally or through Covid
Some will have become infirm naturally or through long Covid
Some will be traumatised to the extent they will not wish to be in a crowd
Some and more than the above I suspect, will have suffered economic hardship, either now or in months to come.
Some will have just lost interest or found other things to do.
Some will only have attended for plum draws so we can count a Stevenage fixture out.
Some will have noted the clubs pleading of financial straits and the subsequent actions.
Some will be absolutely sick of the spectacle on offer (myself included) and the subsequent insults to our intelligence in the post match interviews.
Some will just cherry pick games
Some (on Tuesdays) will choose iFollow as a cozy option.
All the above will be in the immediate term. Long term I fear the introduction of young blood to games who go on to become life long supporters has been seriously disrupted.
So we have all these downward pressures against the prospect of BBM,s tedious parody of the beautiful game as a shop window for shipping on "talent" led by a couple of businessmen with a computer programme. What could possibly go wrong?
All the above is conjecture on my part but one thing I do know is that it will have to be one hell of a marketing exercise to get people to commit for a whole season for Lg2 with a season card
Reasons to be cheerfull?
Well there are some mouthwatering derby games in prospect for Lg2 and errr.....

When I wrote that I was a lot more optimistic that we would live to fight another day in Lge 1. Ironically as it stands with current results, almost certainly a division lower and the prospect of BBM,s brand of football for another season, the club are doing a far better job of decimating sales than this thread.
One further point I would like to make and then hopefully we can agree to disagree, not the least as I feel that events will almost certainly overtake this thread.
What seems an age ago now, I would drop in on the Bury forum as an interested spectator to the ensuing car crash of its demise. A demise I might add that as a football fan I bitterly regret. I miss the derbies and we are poorer for their downfall. I make no apologies for saying that to the tribalists on here.
Anyway one thing that struck me was the sheer number of small local enterprises that were part of the arranged CVA, some no doubt that went to the wall as a result and the sad number of redundancies of in some cases very long serving and loyal employees. I remember thinking at the time, how pleased I was that (at that time) we had a reputation for running a financial tight ship. That reputation might be gone now but I hope I never have to read the events of that time with regard to our club.
Sincerely respect your position also Judd and lets hope for positive developments both on and off the pitch.
Up the Dale
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:16 - Apr 12 with 1036 viewsjpresto

I have been a Sandy Laner for the best part of 60 years and the current state of the club saddens me very much. When I think back to the Fred Ratcliffe days it was the case we had to apply for re-election and go cap in hand to other clubs to save us from dropping into non-league. They were bad times and I would support any democratic means of removing the club hierachy if that is what supporters want; but at the end of the day when individuals have gone whether manager, director or CEO the club must survive and come back solvent. A boycott of club revenue is not the answer and in my opinion would send the club into oblivion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024