Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Boycott required! 17:43 - Apr 10 with 15185 viewsTalkingSutty

It’s with a very heavy heart but I think somebody has to say it...the only way we will get Bottomley and this inept manager out of the Club is to refuse to purchase season tickets, otherwise we are funding their wages. The renewing of BBMs contract was the equivalent of putting two big fat fingers up to all of the Supporters, well it’s time the Supporters returned the compliment!
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:22 - Apr 12 with 1524 viewsSuddenLad

It might also be the case that CD waits for the proposed audit and then those 'interested' parties who are intending to emerge alongside him as investors run for the hills having seen the outcome.

Whilst I hope that there's at least a partial regime change in the pipeline, nothing is certain. Certainty and stability can't come soon enough. However, there's many a slip twixt cup and lip.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 10:23]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:11 - Apr 12 with 1381 viewsncfc_chalky

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:22 - Apr 12 by SuddenLad

It might also be the case that CD waits for the proposed audit and then those 'interested' parties who are intending to emerge alongside him as investors run for the hills having seen the outcome.

Whilst I hope that there's at least a partial regime change in the pipeline, nothing is certain. Certainty and stability can't come soon enough. However, there's many a slip twixt cup and lip.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 10:23]

I haven't seen the word twixt written down or spoken in over 40 years

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:18 - Apr 12 with 1359 viewsD_Alien

There's been references to "infighting" on here over the past couple of days, and imo it's mistaken

There's pretty broad agreement that DB and any acolytes with loyalty to him need to go; all that's being discussed is the BEST way to proceed with that endeavour that'll help restore Dale to the club that we all love

If people talk up "infighting" then that's how it'll be seen, but in truth it's absolutely nothing like the almost daily car crash that used to happen on the bury board, so let's not make comparisons with that either

We can certainly agree to disagree - with civility - on methodologies deployed by both shareholders and by fans without shares, and that's all i've seen on here so far. (I didn't see any of the deleted posts yesterday.) There's a difference between putting points forward with incivility and malice and putting them forward vehemently - it is after all an emotive subject

Let's keep that perspective, please

[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 11:21]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 12:08 - Apr 12 with 1266 viewselectricblue

Im sure Bottomley once said that clubs will survive without the supporters income through the turn styles or something in a similar vein..

Anyway how else are the paying supporter supposed to get their point across!
The only way is to stop handing money to the current regime and then if they dont take note it is on their heads and not the supporters.....

Money rules we all know that, more so at present....

But what i cannot fathom is why bring Bottomley into the club with his past history with hasbro......
That should have told the board to stay well away and not hire him just because he says he is Dale supporter.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 13:02 - Apr 12 with 1158 viewsDalenet

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 12:08 - Apr 12 by electricblue

Im sure Bottomley once said that clubs will survive without the supporters income through the turn styles or something in a similar vein..

Anyway how else are the paying supporter supposed to get their point across!
The only way is to stop handing money to the current regime and then if they dont take note it is on their heads and not the supporters.....

Money rules we all know that, more so at present....

But what i cannot fathom is why bring Bottomley into the club with his past history with hasbro......
That should have told the board to stay well away and not hire him just because he says he is Dale supporter.......

I think for balance we should acknowledge that he said that the club had a plan to survive financially for a whole season without fans. He has regularly said that the club and the players are worse without them and the games don't feel the same (too right). I don't think he ever implied that the club didn't need its fans

The Board invite him to join them as it needed new blood. He didn't join to become CEO (although he may have been motivated by the prospect) and so he brought a dimension to the Board but was a minority voice. The Board has given him the responsibility and the power since then and have the power to take it off him. The fact that they haven't can only suggest they are happy with his performance.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 13:50 - Apr 12 with 1077 viewselectricblue

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 13:02 - Apr 12 by Dalenet

I think for balance we should acknowledge that he said that the club had a plan to survive financially for a whole season without fans. He has regularly said that the club and the players are worse without them and the games don't feel the same (too right). I don't think he ever implied that the club didn't need its fans

The Board invite him to join them as it needed new blood. He didn't join to become CEO (although he may have been motivated by the prospect) and so he brought a dimension to the Board but was a minority voice. The Board has given him the responsibility and the power since then and have the power to take it off him. The fact that they haven't can only suggest they are happy with his performance.

We that season arrived and is almost over only difference is the people who actally bought a ST......

With Bottomley coming to in what ever capacity was wrong, i know that hindsight is a great gift but like i said Bottomleys Hasbro scenario should made him a no no..

The board have to shoulder the blame in some form imo.

Just out of curiosity how much income do the club recieve in cash through the turnstyles in comparrison to season tickets......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 13:56 - Apr 12 with 1066 viewsBucketBstard

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:16 - Apr 12 by jpresto

I have been a Sandy Laner for the best part of 60 years and the current state of the club saddens me very much. When I think back to the Fred Ratcliffe days it was the case we had to apply for re-election and go cap in hand to other clubs to save us from dropping into non-league. They were bad times and I would support any democratic means of removing the club hierachy if that is what supporters want; but at the end of the day when individuals have gone whether manager, director or CEO the club must survive and come back solvent. A boycott of club revenue is not the answer and in my opinion would send the club into oblivion.

In case you havent noticed we are well on that scooter ride to oblivion.
Any money into the club is being misspent and will not guarantee our future.
This is because of the CEO and a totally inept , clueless manager that we will be stuck with next year. The football is turgid.
I have been a supporter during the dark days of re-election and them June nights out celebtrating our existence for another year was almost like winning the cup.
But I truly fear for our survival with this poor , poor manager at the helm and some of his Non-league standard players.
In those old days on the Sandy you still saw some fight in the players. I do not see any fight in this team. Its soul destroying.
This farce has coincided with Covid lockdown so many people are frustrated in general but I would of imagined some loud protests to this regime if fans had been there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024