Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Boycott required! 17:43 - Apr 10 with 15203 viewsTalkingSutty

It’s with a very heavy heart but I think somebody has to say it...the only way we will get Bottomley and this inept manager out of the Club is to refuse to purchase season tickets, otherwise we are funding their wages. The renewing of BBMs contract was the equivalent of putting two big fat fingers up to all of the Supporters, well it’s time the Supporters returned the compliment!
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:36 - Apr 11 with 1716 viewsBigKindo

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:17 - Apr 11 by 1907

Am I DB? I’ve said multiple times that I want him out of the club.

I just 100% do not agree with fans boycotting season ticket sales.

Simple really.

Under the Sale of Goods Act, an item still has to be fit for purpose. However this does not apply to football clubs. So what happens if you are not happy with the product provided? You don't buy it again.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:40 - Apr 11 with 1705 viewsRAFCBLUE

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:17 - Apr 11 by 1907

Am I DB? I’ve said multiple times that I want him out of the club.

I just 100% do not agree with fans boycotting season ticket sales.

Simple really.

Hopefully the you will get your wish 1907 and he will be gone very soon.

I'm sure that when he does go, any frustrated longstanding fans will reconsider their season ticket position based on the leadership of the time.

In marketing terms, DB is actually now toxic for the brand of "Team Rochdale" with its biggest stakeholder group by size, the fan base.

The longer DB clings on the more reputational and relationship damage is being done and the more work then is needed to retain those relationships.

If this Board of the club are serious about getting back from League 2 at the first attempt then that planning starts now and the outcome won't be seen until May 2022.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:41 - Apr 11 with 1704 views1907

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:36 - Apr 11 by BigKindo

Under the Sale of Goods Act, an item still has to be fit for purpose. However this does not apply to football clubs. So what happens if you are not happy with the product provided? You don't buy it again.

What a load of bollocks.

We’ve had three promotions in 114 years. So we’ve probably had around 100 other years where the product provided was garbage.

None of us support the club for financial reasons, purely an emotional one.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:50 - Apr 11 with 1655 viewsBigKindo

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:41 - Apr 11 by 1907

What a load of bollocks.

We’ve had three promotions in 114 years. So we’ve probably had around 100 other years where the product provided was garbage.

Just stating a legal fact. I have actually witnessed all promotions nad relegations at Dale over 70 years of support so I feel that I am entitled to comment as I see fit. Your ignorant and totally unwarranted response is, quite frankly, that of a small child in need of some training in good manners.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:54 - Apr 11 with 1639 viewsCedar_Room

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:41 - Apr 11 by 1907

What a load of bollocks.

Can’t help but feel that this smacks of the ‘little old Rochdale’ mentality. We’re a small crap club so should never expect anything better. Such up complaining and pay your money.
It might have been the mentality of the club and fans for many decades but it’s what Hill had to fight against to have all of us believe and expect that better things were possible. And it’s been long enough now for this new mentality to take hold. Yes we have been crap for most of our history but not the most recent and I’d rather not return to those bad old times. If you want to keep handing over your money regardless of what’s on display then good for you, you get all the fan points. Those who have become totally disillusioned and disconnected who no longer feel a blind loyalty that they once did might be thinking more carefully about how they spend their money. Both approaches seem valid to me.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:55 - Apr 11 with 1634 viewsDalenet

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:09 - Apr 11 by ncfc_chalky

Remember the miners strike of the 80's,nothing came good of that,there's no mining industry left

Chalky the fans are divided right now. They all want something different than we have got, but some are more vocal and believe that withholding season ticket cash is the way to get it. Half the fanbase will buy their season ticket even if we are playing at the bottom of the Northern Premier.

We still have cash to come this year from the Dawson sale according to the FD. That will sustain us for a short time. The season ticket cash might not be as critical as we think (for now). The real damage to the club is with people not wanting to watch the Dale. We have lost around half the fan base during the pandemic and there is no guarantee that they will ever come back. The Board is gambling with that and must start listening
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 9:58]
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:08 - Apr 11 with 1593 views1907

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:50 - Apr 11 by BigKindo

Just stating a legal fact. I have actually witnessed all promotions nad relegations at Dale over 70 years of support so I feel that I am entitled to comment as I see fit. Your ignorant and totally unwarranted response is, quite frankly, that of a small child in need of some training in good manners.

Sorry did I touch a nerve?

What your saying is nonsense. Paying to support a football club is in no way the same as purchasing a product for a shop for example. The only similarity is that you hand over money but you have no way of knowing whether your purchase will be enjoyable.

I have pointed out to you that the product we have offered for much of our history has never been good enough. That’s not “little old Rochdale” mentality either it’s a fact.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:09 - Apr 11 with 1590 viewsThreeLions

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 09:09 - Apr 11 by ncfc_chalky

Remember the miners strike of the 80's,nothing came good of that,there's no mining industry left

Yeah wasn't helped by people round your way was it. Let's not divert away from the matter in hand. The current board won't just 'hand over the keys' without some sort of a fight which is evident so like I mentioned before drastic action has to be taken. If its not taken we are slipping further down a slippery slope which we can't repair the damage.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:11 - Apr 11 with 1581 viewsThreeLions

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 08:54 - Apr 11 by 1907

And by the end of your little strike you may have no club remaining.

There may not be one anyway as we slip down the leagues and people lose interest.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:17 - Apr 11 with 1552 viewsBigKindo

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:08 - Apr 11 by 1907

Sorry did I touch a nerve?

What your saying is nonsense. Paying to support a football club is in no way the same as purchasing a product for a shop for example. The only similarity is that you hand over money but you have no way of knowing whether your purchase will be enjoyable.

I have pointed out to you that the product we have offered for much of our history has never been good enough. That’s not “little old Rochdale” mentality either it’s a fact.

Re read what I posted and then read what you have written in para 2.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:27 - Apr 11 with 1511 views1907

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:17 - Apr 11 by BigKindo

Re read what I posted and then read what you have written in para 2.

Yeah so the message you are portraying is the going gets rough & we’re not doing so well we all just give up?

That’s quite a dangerous message to share from someone who has supported the club for more than 70 years.

Things are bad at the minute, really bad.

But surely to God it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that the board of directors (not including DB) are aware of the feeling towards DB.

The whole situation cannot and will not continue without the need for fans to turn their backs on the club or refrain from purchasing season tickets.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:52 - Apr 11 with 1454 viewsRAFCBLUE

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:27 - Apr 11 by 1907

Yeah so the message you are portraying is the going gets rough & we’re not doing so well we all just give up?

That’s quite a dangerous message to share from someone who has supported the club for more than 70 years.

But surely to God it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that the board of directors (not including DB) are aware of the feeling towards DB.

The whole situation cannot and will not continue without the need for fans to turn their backs on the club or refrain from purchasing season tickets.

Is this you hinting that DB will be gone before Season Ticket plans will be announced?

Or that his current Board colleagues now accept the toxicity created and will act?

That wasn't the impression created from the Fans Forum and over 2 hours of presentation.

Much a DB will wince, you can't force fans to buy a season ticket.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:00 - Apr 11 with 1429 views1907

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:52 - Apr 11 by RAFCBLUE

Is this you hinting that DB will be gone before Season Ticket plans will be announced?

Or that his current Board colleagues now accept the toxicity created and will act?

That wasn't the impression created from the Fans Forum and over 2 hours of presentation.

Much a DB will wince, you can't force fans to buy a season ticket.

The situation with DB has developed dramatically since the forum, prompting CD Trent wrong the arena.

I have no concrete information that DB will exit the building but I do know the the resentment, distrust & general dislike of the fan base towards DB is definitely known by the other directors.

This situation can’t continue, it just can’t.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:20 - Apr 11 with 1382 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:00 - Apr 11 by 1907

The situation with DB has developed dramatically since the forum, prompting CD Trent wrong the arena.

I have no concrete information that DB will exit the building but I do know the the resentment, distrust & general dislike of the fan base towards DB is definitely known by the other directors.

This situation can’t continue, it just can’t.

And what effect do you think your arguments are going to have?

By implication, if only shareholders can make any difference then non-shareholding fans should just hand their money over whatever the dross being put in front of them

All you're doing is re-inforcing the "us and them" attitude that's seen us descend into our current quagmire

People just won't put up with it. Not now - the world has moved on and you're being left behind, somewhere around 1907

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:34 - Apr 11 with 1348 viewsRAFCBLUE

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:20 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

By implication, if only shareholders can make any difference then non-shareholding fans should just hand their money over whatever the dross being put in front of them

All you're doing is re-inforcing the "us and them" attitude that's seen us descend into our current quagmire

People just won't put up with it. Not now - the world has moved on and you're being left behind, somewhere around 1907

I think the articles by different journalists, both of them fans, in the last few weeks have helped.

The publication of those pieces on this site as helped enormously open the debate that was / is needed to protect the club.

The club is in essence controlled by a very small number of aged fan shareholders. Those shareholders in the main want to be "hands off" and the situation created is due to a lack of scrutiny, aided by the circumstances of pandemic.

Those fan shareholders need to be doing some succession planning as to how you create sustainable custodianship for future generations.

We're exactly where bury were before Stewart Day. The only difference is a magnificent number of supporters, with their respective skills, want to shine a light on their club and help it.

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:58 - Apr 11 with 1269 viewsJames1980

Mr Rawlinson's closing statement at the forum included
'We know you are hurting, because we are hurting as well. But we will overcome I truly believe we will be better that we will overcome and I truly believe the best is yet to come. We have a plan, we're going to stick to the plan and I believe it will work'
Call me an overthinking obsessesive but how does he think they will overcome. How will they be better and WHAT IS THE PLAN THEy ARE SO RIGIDLY STICKING TO?
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 12:00]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:58 - Apr 11 with 1266 viewsBigKindo

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 10:27 - Apr 11 by 1907

You really don't understand do you. All I have written is that people have a choice. Can't you understand that?
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:59 - Apr 11 with 1264 viewsfinberty

Mention of bury is a good warning. This board seems to be going a bit bury, with a bit of in-fighting which can lead to divide and rule if we do not present a united front.

We can press for Boardroom change, but we still will have BBM's tactical naivety in L2.

Terrifying.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 12:17 - Apr 11 with 1222 viewsdawlishdale

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:59 - Apr 11 by finberty

Mention of bury is a good warning. This board seems to be going a bit bury, with a bit of in-fighting which can lead to divide and rule if we do not present a united front.

We can press for Boardroom change, but we still will have BBM's tactical naivety in L2.

Terrifying.

I'm not so sure there is too much infighting. Even the argumentative 1907 agrees that he wants Bottomley out, as do over 98% in the poll; surely one of the most decisive ever on here?

The discussion centres around the methodology needed to remove him; which seems perfectly acceptable to me.

Hopefully, as others have said; being a long standing supporter, DB will rise above his ego, bite the bullet and resign before any EGM's takeover bids etc, which could be damaging to the club. That is the only way that he will keep any semblance of dignity. If he clings on to his perceived power, it will end badly for him. My only concern is how on Earth he has managed to stay in situ for so long.

I'd further add that Andrew Kilpatrick will probably be watching this from afar, and he will certainly not want a long drawn out fight for control of the club, where much mud slinging and accusations may come out.... and this won't go down well with his Banking chums in the City as it could reflect adversely on his tenure as Chairman.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 12:41 - Apr 11 with 1169 viewsSuddenLad

My personal opinion is that any form of boycott involving season tickets is not only counter-productive but threatens the very existence of the club. It's a step too far. If we still want a club to support, we have to help and support it financially to keep it afloat.

The biggest issue by far is the Boardroom. The CEO has taken this club in a direction that none of us wanted and in a direction that a previous Chairman was not prepared to tolerate, nor be accountable for. Who can blame him? The last Chairman was as weak and inept. He offered no obvious leadership of any kind and was utterly anonymous. A very poor example, regardless of the number of shares he has.

Then the BBM saga. The contract issue was farcical and unprofessional, but let's understand that the responsibility for this lies squarely with the CEO. It was HIS responsibility - not BBM's - to make this announcement and any feeble excuses as to why it wasn't done are not acceptable.

This squad in its' entirety was never good enough or big enough to compete effectively in League One. The budget restrictions were crippling, as was the squad size. Cutbacks are one thing, but setting someone up to fail is something else entirely. With few exceptions in the recruiting of players, we have seemingly been preparing a squad for League Two. Results have been ghastly, yet even now, despite that, we are still in with a shout of surviving in League One. The remaining games and displays will tell us what the true objective is.

It starts on Tuesday. A seven-game season. I'll be glad to see the back of it but whilst there is still something to play for I'll be behind the team every step of the way. I still think we can get out of the mire if the likes of Lund and Humphrys can return in time for the remaining games.

The future of this club lies collectively with those in the Boardroom and also the people who hold the majority of the shares. Some heads need banging together, there need to be some harsh words and people need to wake up to the damage that is being done. It's not too late. Yet.

We want our club back. We want a club that is run by people we can trust. We need a return of the TeamRochdale ethic. On and off the field.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 12:43 - Apr 11 with 1160 viewsBillyRudd

Under normal times I take very little notice of boardroom machinations, as my primary interest is the action on the pitch. However one begets the other and I cannot recall such a disconnect between the fan base and the board in all my years of attendance.
As power struggles go I find this unusual in that one party (CD) has decided to go public with his intentions. I would have expected behind the scenes sounding out of voting allegiances with major shareholders and no doubt this has taken place but CD going public suggests to me that the outcome of an EGM vote of confidence in favour of CD is far from assured. I see it as a testing of the waters and a further means of putting pressure on the incumbents.
Unfortunately in power struggles there are winners and losers unless a compromise can be arrived at (unlikely from CD,s utterances) invariably there is collateral damage. In this case and from the thread that would be the clubs immediate cash flow. I can well understand the argument that if that is the price to be paid short term, it would be justified for the long term if ensuing changes proved beneficial but it is a view fraught with risk.
Based solely on the aforementioned I feel prompted to write with a warning but firstly with cards on the table. I did,nt buy a ST for this season, principally because it,s purchase was based on a lot of "ifs, buts and maybes". When I buy an ST it is nowadays principally to secure my seat to enjoy the company of fellow ST holders around me, not to enhance the clubs cashflow. Over the last few years, the football has been so dire that the banter has been a far greater source of pleasure and a ST secures that. Having watched all the games this season on iFollow has actually cost me far more than a season ticket and taking in the occassional away game. It has been a hollow experience and how much of that money has actually filtered to the club, as with most football finances, is opaque.
Because of the fear that with BBM in charge, we will commence next season again with his sterile approach to the game I will not be purchasing a ST. That is not to say I won,t be paying on the door but it keeps my options open. I am fortunate that the ST saving over on the day prices is not a requirement for my attendance but I fully appreciate that for some it is a necessity.
So here is my fear regarding this thread. Customer boycotts are a valid and often potent weapon, not the least because by far we are the biggest stakeholders without whose patronage all other stakes are greatly diminished. However it is an immensely blunt weapon and great care is needed in applying it. I can envisage with the state of the games finances going forward that the Administrators are going to be busy in the summer. I would hate to think that a general ST boycott would be the tipping point for Dale to go into admin with the attendant points deduction. Next season is going to be tough enough as it is, a points deduction would I feel guarantee a drop to the National League even if creditors were paid. Further down if not. These are not abstract musings, there are numerous examples of all the wheels falling off rapidly.
Unless you are confident of CD charging to the rescue (and i,m not as much as i desire the stability he seems to offer) in this power struggle then be wary of the sentiments in this thread.
Probably there are a lot of anomalies in the above and I doubt it will be a popular view but in the real world of bills to be paid, actions have consequences.
Up the Dale.
Season Ticket Boycott required! on 13:12 - Apr 11 with 1089 viewsCleedale

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 11:20 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

...firstly apologies in the present atrocious climate at Dale but perhaps this film might raise a smile or two. (You'll need your own teeth)!!

For anyone who hasn't seen this gem from 1900, (I think around Edenfield Road?), and before the present football club existed. Right at the very beginning, the advert on the front of the tram...Dean, Chemist, Spotland Road...Teeth Carefully Extracted!! Think we all know that feeling at the mo. except the word 'carefully' might be omitted.

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 13:25 - Apr 11 with 1040 viewsncfc_chalky

Fascinating film of Rochdale 120 years ago especially the bit where the bloke is learning to ride a bike,seeing somebody filming must have been usual as well going by the amount of kids trying to be filmed

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 13:33 - Apr 11 with 1022 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 13:25 - Apr 11 by ncfc_chalky

Fascinating film of Rochdale 120 years ago especially the bit where the bloke is learning to ride a bike,seeing somebody filming must have been usual as well going by the amount of kids trying to be filmed

That's actually footage of our Civic reception after our Wembley play off appearance in 2008

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 13:39 - Apr 11 with 1000 viewsncfc_chalky

Season Ticket Boycott required! on 13:33 - Apr 11 by judd

That's actually footage of our Civic reception after our Wembley play off appearance in 2008

Very good judd,that made me laugh

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024