Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Semi final match ..who would you start with ? 11:20 - Apr 14 with 1399 viewsdarthvader

I have been toying with the idea of 3 at the back with salisu in

Theo on the bench and fitting djenepo in the team somewhere i just dont know who for ... Probably Redmond .

keep the faith coyr

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 12:02 - Apr 14 with 1363 viewsTimSaint

Redmond will be dining off his 2 goals at Bournemouth and the winner v Burnley for the rest of the season. He was one of Ralph's favourites, so I doubt he will be dropped.

3 at the back is a possibility, but usually when that happens, we play with a back 5, as the wing-backs usually drift back and play they way they are used to - ie as full-backs. Salisu looks to be our fastest CB, so up against the pace of the Leicester attack, he probably should start.

In all honesty, I am expecting RH to announce the same starting XI as the one v WBA and Ralph hoping we perform as he knows we occasionally can !!

TimSaint

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 12:35 - Apr 14 with 1342 viewsButty101

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 12:02 - Apr 14 by TimSaint

Redmond will be dining off his 2 goals at Bournemouth and the winner v Burnley for the rest of the season. He was one of Ralph's favourites, so I doubt he will be dropped.

3 at the back is a possibility, but usually when that happens, we play with a back 5, as the wing-backs usually drift back and play they way they are used to - ie as full-backs. Salisu looks to be our fastest CB, so up against the pace of the Leicester attack, he probably should start.

In all honesty, I am expecting RH to announce the same starting XI as the one v WBA and Ralph hoping we perform as he knows we occasionally can !!

I would keep the same formation, but bring Adams back in and push redmond back at the expense of Walcott

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 14:09 - Apr 14 with 1289 viewssaint22

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 12:35 - Apr 14 by Butty101

I would keep the same formation, but bring Adams back in and push redmond back at the expense of Walcott

I like that idea or Djenepo for Walcott
Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 17:06 - Apr 14 with 1221 viewspjt50

A semi-final is no time for experimenting so I'd be surprised if he made any changes to defence or midfield — no matter how bad they were on Monday. Also they've shown in the past that they can up their game.

Ings & Armstrong are shoo-ins up front. As for the rest, any of them could be a match winner on their day. It's an occasion when experience counts so I'd probably go with Redmond & Walcott again, although Adams is looking confident & I wouldn't complain if he kept Theo out.

It's great to have Djenepo as a bit of a wildcard on the bench — as long as he brings him on in time to affect the result.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 19:04 - Apr 14 with 1147 viewsForeverred

I like the idea of including salisu in the back three, we need to bolster the defence after the horror
Show at WBA, if we are not tight at the back vardy and co will have a field day. Only problem with
That is losing someone in mid field, and Leicester have a strong midfield in Maddison,and titlemans And Perez. So I would go for djenepo up front with ings as his work rate has improved, and he would be a better option than Walcott . There will be times when we will be under constant pressure from Leicester and djenepo will have to bolster our midfield when needed , and if we are still be in the game at 70min then we can bring on Walcott and Redmond to go for broke. We will have to up the tempo and match them for the full 90mins if we want to beat them. we can do it but we must start On another level than that of the WBA game to succeed.
Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 19:43 - Apr 14 with 1128 viewscocklebreath

Salisu for Bednerek
Djenepo for Walcott
Adams for Redmond

I really believe Adams and Ings are essential to our chances

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 23:09 - Apr 14 with 1079 viewsSadoldgit

Ings and Adams to start please.
Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 23:26 - Apr 14 with 1067 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 19:43 - Apr 14 by cocklebreath

Salisu for Bednerek
Djenepo for Walcott
Adams for Redmond

You know it'll be the SAME team as the last two matches. Sub 1 made on 86 minutes, subs 2 and 3 on 89 minutes.

5-0 to Leicester.

I can't feel positive about this.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 12:51 - Apr 15 with 956 viewssaint22

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 19:43 - Apr 14 by cocklebreath

Salisu for Bednerek
Djenepo for Walcott
Adams for Redmond

Agreed
Its another puzzling selection from Ralph that ever since Ings returned fit and Adams was on scoring run for club and country that he has dispensed with the two of them up top?
Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 13:06 - Apr 15 with 934 viewsKennington

Adams for Redmond would be my only change, unless a youngster or two has trained really well over the past few days, who could replace really anyone. A kind of Chris Baird, throw a youngster in the deep-end type of thing. It won’t happen though as Ralph doesn’t trust the youngsters, which is fair enough as they don’t seem that great.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 13:06 - Apr 15 with 933 viewsfranniesTache

Who would i start with if we want to win? Probably the Man City first team, because the way our lot are playing we're not winning with any Saints players in the side.
Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 15:03 - Apr 15 with 865 views1885_SFC

The back four, as well as JWP and Diallo, automatically pick themselves at the moment - as does Armstrong. Ings isn't his usual self - but that's because he knows he's off to Spurs in the Summer when they sell Kane for a reported £150M. I'd still start with him of course as he's by far our best striker.

Old School is Cool

Semi final match ..who would you start with ? on 15:16 - Apr 15 with 860 viewsScrappy2020

We need to tighten our defence obviously, In the last two games when kwp or bertrand have pushed forward and have lost the ball we have been left with only 3 at the back in two big an area to defend,I think we should have 5 at the back including salisu,I also think that moussa could do a job as a wing back instead of kwp,he is fast and stronger,but having 5 at the back is a must or i fear the worst.How about Stevens as a defensive midfielder,Diallo plays too far forward and is not Romeo! I would then play Redmond and Armstong behind Ings.Walcott was awful against wba and would be on the bench for me,I wou!d like to include adams but have built this team around a stronger defence,Stevens always puts his body on the line,played against Liverpool this season and the win against man city last.controversial?

Ithe worst.I a
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024