Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tone deaf Saints players 05:11 - Apr 16 with 1810 viewsRipleys_revenge

On the back of one of the most spineless performances by a Saints team that I can ever remember against West Brom (and there have been numerous candidates for that award this season), why do players think this sort of article helps the cause in any way?

Sometimes I wish our lads would shut the f@ck up heading into a big game, not use the opportunity to grab a few more seconds of publicity. When I read articles like this I don't get the sense the players are at all hurt by the performances they (collectively) put in on Monday. Instead, here Redmond is giving interviews about how he played Bugsy Malone in the school play when he was a kid. Who on earth advises these players?? Tone-deaf springs to mind...

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19232324.redmond-ready-return-big-stage-wemble
Tone deaf Saints players on 09:20 - Apr 16 with 1696 viewsRon11

They're getting too used to having no crowd in a stadium to gee them up.
It's all OK as long as they still get their 40 grand a week.....
Tone deaf Saints players on 10:24 - Apr 16 with 1665 viewsDorsetIan

Tone deaf Saints players on 09:20 - Apr 16 by Ron11

They're getting too used to having no crowd in a stadium to gee them up.
It's all OK as long as they still get their 40 grand a week.....

Interesting that he said that the difference now from the previous semi-final is that they have a clear ethos of how they want to play.

I think this is at the heart of many of our poor performances. If another team manages to stifle Saints 'in how we want to play', then we lose.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tone deaf Saints players on 11:43 - Apr 16 with 1623 viewsSadoldgit

There is even more media now with a greater amount of column inches to fill. There are only so many ways of saying the lads are sick as parrots etc. At times like this the media also look for “human interest” stories to add something to the games. I wouldn’t blame the players for producing this guff. Blame the people who lap it up. If there was no market for it it wouldn’t appear.
Tone deaf Saints players on 12:48 - Apr 17 with 1444 viewsinthebox

Tone deaf Saints players on 10:24 - Apr 16 by DorsetIan

Interesting that he said that the difference now from the previous semi-final is that they have a clear ethos of how they want to play.

I think this is at the heart of many of our poor performances. If another team manages to stifle Saints 'in how we want to play', then we lose.

Spot on Dorset, Ralph talks about automatism, which you could interpret as not thinking, not adapting to changing situations. I think there's a naivety about Ralph, to play this way you need the quality of Man City.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024