Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pointless Match Thread 11:57 - May 9 with 11016 viewsboromat

Just in case anyone else is watching.

Think we've seen the last of Baah.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 11:58]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Pointless Match Thread on 13:52 - May 9 with 2547 viewsrichfoad32

Pointless Match Thread on 13:48 - May 9 by boromat

Humphrys gets what could be his last goal for Dale

Odoh with his first assist as well, (hopefully not his last).
Pointless Match Thread on 13:53 - May 9 with 2545 viewsJames1980

MK supporting mate messaged me saying he is surprised we are going down.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Pointless Match Thread on 13:55 - May 9 with 2488 viewsD_Alien

Swindon have equalised at Wigan, meaning we'll likely finish just two points short...

Edit:make that ONE
[Post edited 9 May 2021 13:55]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pointless Match Thread on 13:56 - May 9 with 2453 viewsTVOS1907

Pointless Match Thread on 13:53 - May 9 by James1980

MK supporting mate messaged me saying he is surprised we are going down.

I take it he didn't see the return fixture.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pointless Match Thread on 13:56 - May 9 with 2456 viewsSandyman

With Wigan losing and us having a better goal difference than them, we finished 1 point away from survival. Fine margins etc. Those silly repeated mistakes in time added on made all the difference. As did the rank home form.
Pointless Match Thread on 13:58 - May 9 with 2403 viewsDaleiLama

This game has seemed like the distillation of a season into 90 minutes. Nearly conceded in first half pissing about at the back and an abysmal pass out straight to an MKD player. Free kick in attacking third by us taken short and three passes back to keeper.
Then we come out and play more direct, showcase some of the talent and ability we have (against a side half asleep admittedly) and we score three.

Bottom(ley) line - we didn't get to 50 points. Neither did Wigan. It could and should have been so different and frankly that's down to the manager and no one else

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pointless Match Thread on 13:58 - May 9 with 2402 viewsDalenet

Well done Accy for managing the integrity of the game too

A good show for Dale today especially second half. Liked Odoh's cameo.
Pointless Match Thread on 14:00 - May 9 with 2372 viewsrichfoad32

Pointless Match Thread on 13:56 - May 9 by Sandyman

With Wigan losing and us having a better goal difference than them, we finished 1 point away from survival. Fine margins etc. Those silly repeated mistakes in time added on made all the difference. As did the rank home form.

Good chance Wigan took their foot off the gas today, knowing they were already safe? Could've been completely different had they needed a result.
Login to get fewer ads

Pointless Match Thread on 14:00 - May 9 with 2348 viewsJames1980

Pointless Match Thread on 13:56 - May 9 by TVOS1907

I take it he didn't see the return fixture.

I'm sure he would have done. He said AFC Dons, Wigan and Fleetwood were far worse than Dale

Pointless Match Thread on 14:00 - May 9 with 2344 viewsregjenkins

We needed one point to have stayed up....

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Pointless Match Thread on 14:01 - May 9 with 2307 viewsSuddenLad

Take your pick for the missing single point. So many options. Wimbledon away, Posh at home for 2 examples. Even more gut wrenching that we've slipped through the trap door. Sadly, this squad won't get the chance to amend.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pointless Match Thread on 14:01 - May 9 with 2308 viewsD_Alien

Pointless Match Thread on 14:00 - May 9 by James1980

I'm sure he would have done. He said AFC Dons, Wigan and Fleetwood were far worse than Dale

James, it was a game where MK had no real incentive to press us

Your mate, quite frankly, knows f*ck all

[Post edited 9 May 2021 14:02]

Pointless Match Thread on 14:01 - May 9 with 2304 viewsTVOS1907

Pointless Match Thread on 14:00 - May 9 by James1980

Across 46 games?

Pointless Match Thread on 14:05 - May 9 with 2235 viewsfirgrovedale51

Too little much to late
Pointless Match Thread on 14:06 - May 9 with 2216 viewsTVOS1907

Pointless Match Thread on 13:56 - May 9 by Sandyman

Although, we did equalise in the 95th minute at home to Wigan...

Pointless Match Thread on 14:10 - May 9 with 2165 viewsJames1980

Pointless Match Thread on 14:01 - May 9 by D_Alien

The message verbatim. 'I don't know if you're watching, but I'm amazed you're going down. I mean we've been crap 2nd half, but doesn't change how well you've played. Wigan, AFC and Fleetwood are all far worse teams.'

Pointless Match Thread on 14:12 - May 9 with 2144 viewsD_Alien

Pointless Match Thread on 14:10 - May 9 by James1980

The message verbatim. 'I don't know if you're watching, but I'm amazed you're going down. I mean we've been crap 2nd half, but doesn't change how well you've played. Wigan, AFC and Fleetwood are all far worse teams.'

Thanks

Pointless Match Thread on 14:17 - May 9 with 2088 views56years

Pointless Match Thread on 14:01 - May 9 by D_Alien

Don't dare say anything positive James - it is not allowed on this board any more.........
Pointless Match Thread on 14:25 - May 9 with 2004 views49thseason

No point in debating the "might have beens" , the focus now is on the Board, such as it is, to deliver new investment into the club that makes it possible to build a team that can compete at the top of L2. There are existing players that need to be retained and new ones sourced. It will require investment on a grander scale than £25k apiece for a couple of new directors. The club cannot continue to depend on player sales alone, the whole commercial side needs re-thinking, a new marketing plan needs to be implemented, targets set for the acquisition of new fans, new streams of income developed, the maximisation of existing facilities like bars and hospitality. This season has been the final warning, if you snooze, you lose. The Board has been asleep at the wheel for years and I include the Dunphy era in that.
They will use covid as the excuse, but the fact is we have been heading down for 4 seasons and the Board has sat on its hands, no plan A or B or C. Hoping for the best is not a plan. Selling your best players is not a plan, its a short term fix to a festering problem.. we need 2-3000 more supporters and we need to earn an extra £2m a year off the pitch. Do that and the whole equation changes.
Pointless Match Thread on 14:26 - May 9 with 1997 viewsQuigley_dale

Pointless Match Thread on 14:17 - May 9 by 56years

Don't dare say anything positive James - it is not allowed on this board any more.........

We've just been relegated, the clubs in an utter mess.

But dont worry, because someones mate thinks we're better than a team who finished 13 points and 6 places above us, based on a meaningless end of season rubber.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 14:37]
Pointless Match Thread on 14:41 - May 9 with 1892 viewsjonahwhereru

The thing has has been a constant for the season, trying hard, has seen us home today. Credit to the players and the management for that. Noticed we weren’t shy to commit fouls today. I do think that edge was missing for long periods this season.
After the last relegation where we capitulated, I can take a crum of comfort from finishing how we did.
That and the fact a 0-0 draw at Colchester at the end of that season had more quality in it than when we beat top of the table Gillingham away in the early part of the following season.
If we retain 6 of the core first team from this season we will do alright next year.
Apologies for the optimism, I understand it is not in tune with the mood music.
Pointless Match Thread on 14:42 - May 9 with 1888 viewsJames1980

Pointless Match Thread on 14:26 - May 9 by Quigley_dale

We've just been relegated, the clubs in an utter mess.

But dont worry, because someones mate thinks we're better than a team who finished 13 points and 6 places above us, based on a meaningless end of season rubber.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 14:37]

He isn't the only opposition fan that has praised us though is he? I've heard of other friends saying things like we should have enough to stay up and that we played well even after some of the defeats

Pointless Match Thread on 14:45 - May 9 with 1874 viewsjudd

Pointless Match Thread on 14:42 - May 9 by James1980

He isn't the only opposition fan that has praised us though is he? I've heard of other friends saying things like we should have enough to stay up and that we played well even after some of the defeats

It's always welcome to hear what opposition fans think of us, but the reality is that over 46 games we have proven not to be good enough to finish outside the relegation zone. 21 defeats. How many home games without a win?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pointless Match Thread on 15:01 - May 9 with 1779 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Good to see us blooding some youngsters rather than the usual suspects!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Pointless Match Thread on 15:04 - May 9 with 1765 viewsQuigley_dale

Pointless Match Thread on 14:42 - May 9 by James1980

It doesn't mean anything though does it? Im sure similar plaudits have been handed out to Swindon, and Bristol Rovers by opposition fans when they've had a good performance.

But opposition fans can't fairly judge a team, as they're not the ones watching them week-in-week-out.

Subjectively most will feel the team (if not the manager) was good enough to remain in league one, but the final tables are worked out on points, not opinions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024