Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes Unchained 00:17 - May 18 with 6254 viewsAndyCole

A massive win and exceptionally clever performance tonight. Grimes was the epitome of everything that is good about us under Cooper. Clever, calm, assured, measured, confident, exuberant at times. A winner.

Grimes is our heartbeat, the metronome that keeps us ticking, fighting, linking. Our extra man in defence. Our conscience.

Yet I would love to see him in a more advanced role. Doing the same yet in the Red Action Zone, pressing their DCM and backline. We could raise the bar and totally smash all-comers. Our best player is now needed to orchestrate further up field in our quest for promo. He has all the leadership, respect and broad shoulders to make the difference.

He's one of the best in the league in DCM/CM and is our heartbeat when we're looking to build patiently from the back through our fulcrum.

Yet it's time to unchain him to leverage his tenacity, vision and drive to get some tempo and ZIP ZIP ZIP where it hurts. And propel us through the playoffs and beyond.

If anyone witnessed his 2nd half against Yeovil under Potter (2018) - he lit up the game in that space and scored a cracker. Potter knew then he had a gem (but oddly didn't have the know how to best utilise that latent match-winning talent).

He's the nearest we have to a Cantwell or MGW. Match winners (esp sitting behind out and out strikers). Switch Grimes and Fulton - I'm sure they will both flourish in their more naturally potent roles. Fulton has shown maturity to not hide as he once did - he can be trusted to anchor, to receive 1st phase and look ahead to Grimes, Ayew in 2nd phase.

Time for Cooper to unleash the Tarantino in himself and Unchain Grimes to make those match-winning decisions for himself., in the final third.
(ps - forget Shulz, Frank's a sideshow)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Grimes Unchained on 16:39 - Oct 17 with 919 viewsAndyCole

Grimes Unchained on 17:52 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

Bump.

Grimesy totally bossed everything that was good about us today. It's a pity Martin is unable to assemble a proper final third to complement Grimesy's promotion into the opposing half. Head n shoulders the best player on the pitch, again.

Now that Grimes is being Unleashed, with Grimes finally getting Downes to be that workhorse gofer to sit deep and go the ugly dog work, Grimes is commanding and controlling where he can do his damage, in that Red zone.

Martin now needs to play catch up and work with his captain and talismanic leader to orchestrate a Winning Formula, with Grimesy underpinning the final third progression.

It really ain't rocket science.

Yet again Grimes called the shots. Orchestrating everything that is now finally becoming good about brand Martin. Grimes unleashed into the progressive zone.

We are now kicking on, with Grimes at the fulcrum. The final third is starting to tick, with Grimesy pulling the strings, influencing, coaxing by example.

The interplay with Grimesy across many axes: Manning to the left, Downes behind, Paterson alongside and above is becoming magical.

Let's hope Martin manages to persuade our owners to retain Grimes and thus brand Martin. We all know the cost of Retention is a fraction of the cost of Acquisition - most especially an untried multi-million pound replacement for the heartbeat and talisman of brand Martin.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Grimes Unchained on 16:41 - Oct 17 with 909 viewsKeithHaynes

Grimes Unchained on 16:39 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

Yet again Grimes called the shots. Orchestrating everything that is now finally becoming good about brand Martin. Grimes unleashed into the progressive zone.

We are now kicking on, with Grimes at the fulcrum. The final third is starting to tick, with Grimesy pulling the strings, influencing, coaxing by example.

The interplay with Grimesy across many axes: Manning to the left, Downes behind, Paterson alongside and above is becoming magical.

Let's hope Martin manages to persuade our owners to retain Grimes and thus brand Martin. We all know the cost of Retention is a fraction of the cost of Acquisition - most especially an untried multi-million pound replacement for the heartbeat and talisman of brand Martin.

He ran forwards more today than he has all season.
Pleasure to watch.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Grimes Unchained on 16:51 - Oct 17 with 882 viewsmagicdaps10

Thought Grimes had a very good game today but his midfield partner Downes just about pipped him in the Midfield today.... Downes was my MOM today.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Grimes Unchained on 17:02 - Oct 17 with 852 viewsonehunglow

Grimes Unchained on 16:51 - Oct 17 by magicdaps10

Thought Grimes had a very good game today but his midfield partner Downes just about pipped him in the Midfield today.... Downes was my MOM today.

Downes is tougher,a better passer and more vocal an inspiration in every way. Miles better than Grimes who still slows us down.
His creation for that goal is as perfect an example of desire as you will ever see.

If Grime has eyes on leaving in January then Downes should take over the captaincy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Grimes Unchained on 17:06 - Oct 17 with 861 viewsmagicdaps10

Grimes Unchained on 17:02 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

Downes is tougher,a better passer and more vocal an inspiration in every way. Miles better than Grimes who still slows us down.
His creation for that goal is as perfect an example of desire as you will ever see.

If Grime has eyes on leaving in January then Downes should take over the captaincy.

No question that Downes is a better player, no question what so ever.

Grimes played well for sure today.

Grimes Unchained on 17:10 - Oct 17 with 829 viewsonehunglow

Grimes Unchained on 17:06 - Oct 17 by magicdaps10

No question that Downes is a better player, no question what so ever.

Grimes played well for sure today.

Grime was better but his time is up.Flynn is the future.

He looks arrogant ,confident and assured.He is also skilful and motivated .

He really could be a club legend if he stays and I hope he settles well down there.

Grimes Unchained on 17:15 - Oct 17 with 838 viewsmagicdaps10

Grimes Unchained on 17:10 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

Grime was better but his time is up.Flynn is the future.

He looks arrogant ,confident and assured.He is also skilful and motivated .

He really could be a club legend if he stays and I hope he settles well down there.

Great to see Grimes turn and go forward with the ball today... He had lost that trait in the last couple of year.

All that said and done, Grimes time with the club is now coming to an end and Downes being here makes it an easy process for the club on the field.

Grimes Unchained on 17:18 - Oct 17 with 822 viewsonehunglow

Grimes Unchained on 17:15 - Oct 17 by magicdaps10

Great to see Grimes turn and go forward with the ball today... He had lost that trait in the last couple of year.

All that said and done, Grimes time with the club is now coming to an end and Downes being here makes it an easy process for the club on the field.

agreed

Login to get fewer ads

Grimes Unchained on 17:45 - Oct 17 with 810 viewsnantywatcher

Class act today - Downes has a country mile to travel before he can get anywhere near replacing him.
Grimes Unchained on 17:48 - Oct 17 with 799 viewslifelong

Grimes Unchained on 18:03 - Oct 2 by lifelong

I thought Grimes was excellent today.

And today.
Grimes Unchained on 17:50 - Oct 17 with 802 viewsTreforys_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 17:45 - Oct 17 by nantywatcher

Class act today - Downes has a country mile to travel before he can get anywhere near replacing him.

Different players, with different strengths. Downes is going to be a huge player.
Grimes Unchained on 17:50 - Oct 17 with 790 viewsonehunglow

Disagree nanty .And that's fine

I see Downes as a great signing and does what Grimes can do and more.

If Grimes goes,then it will have been an even greater signing.

A positive post from me.

Grimes Unchained on 17:51 - Oct 17 with 801 viewsAndyCole

Absolutely. A thread on Grimes is being diluted and deflected with a focus on Downes. Downes is slowly coming on leaps and bounds and his intervention for our goal was class.

Yet Grimesy is the heartbeat, the metronome, the glue that holds brand Martin.

Imagine this team without Grimes. Unthinkable, right now. Brand Martin could collapse.

Grimes Unchained on 17:59 - Oct 17 with 788 viewsonehunglow

Grimes Unchained on 17:51 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

Absolutely. A thread on Grimes is being diluted and deflected with a focus on Downes. Downes is slowly coming on leaps and bounds and his intervention for our goal was class.

Imagine this team without Grimes. Unthinkable, right now. Brand Martin could collapse.

Nope AC ,I am not having that at all.
Downes HAS taken over a the heartbeat. Downes is the fat around the heart we dont need.

Grime played well today but he has been utterly average but vastly overated but anyway--------
we move on.

Grimes Unchained on 18:11 - Oct 17 with 781 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stick to rugby - Grimes gave the ball away in dangerous positions in the first half, did make some forward runs in fairness but had nothing like the influence on the game as Downes and Paterson. Poor trolling valley boy

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Grimes Unchained on 18:16 - Oct 17 with 765 viewsonehunglow

AC is a big Grime fan.
Im not

However wtf would I want to ridicule him like you do.

Grimes Unchained on 18:21 - Oct 17 with 756 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 17:51 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

Grimes and metronome have no similarities. A metronome keeps time constant - Grimes slows time for his teammates with his indecision and shocking one footedness. Fulham would have suffered if he’d joined them . Very disappointed that he didn’t. Overrated with the biggest capital O you can find

Grimes Unchained on 18:29 - Oct 17 with 745 viewsReslovenSwan1

The recruitment team now seems to be making a serious influence on the team. Manning, Bennett, Downes, Patterson, Piroe were either not at the club or not being picked last season and were stand outs today. Grimes leaving a couple of season ago was a problem. With Scott /Allen on station he can now be replaced cost effectively.

Grimes was not backed by other clubs such that they were prepared to spend £3 or 4m.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Grimes Unchained on 18:49 - Oct 17 with 728 viewsAndyCole

Grimes Unchained on 17:59 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

Nope AC ,I am not having that at all.
Downes HAS taken over a the heartbeat. Downes is the fat around the heart we dont need.

Grime played well today but he has been utterly average but vastly overated but anyway--------
we move on.

Different roles mate. And the symbiosis is encouraging, massively.

I know for a fact that if we were to ask our last two managers who is #1 on the team sheet, it's Grimes, always. Because Grimes is it, in so many ways. And why he is our talismanic captain and leader.

Look back a few games and watch how Downes was always out of position, getting under Grimes' feet, a total spare part. Look now how Grimes has developed Downes to be his anchor., to sit neatly behind, sweeping and cleaning up with aplomb. As such we are now clicking further forward, with Grimesy calling the shots in the red zone, linking, surging, driving us forward.

We move on indeed, and upwards with Grimesy Unchained.

Grimes Unchained on 19:14 - Oct 17 with 703 viewsonehunglow

Grimes Unchained on 18:49 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

I know for a fact that if we were to ask our last two managers who is #1 on the team sheet, it's Grimes, always. Because Grimes is it, in so many ways. And why he is our talismanic captain and leader.

Look back a few games and watch how Downes was always out of position, getting under Grimes' feet, a total spare part. Look now how Grimes has developed Downes to be his anchor., to sit neatly behind, sweeping and cleaning up with aplomb. As such we are now clicking further forward, with Grimesy calling the shots in the red zone, linking, surging, driving us forward.

Good riposte but I hated that Django film.

Grimes Unchained on 23:12 - Oct 17 with 662 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 18:49 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

And Grimes worship has developed you into a Wanchor 😹

It was only in the rerun I notice how much better Downes was than Grimes. His contribution to our third goal was absolutely vital. Well done Flynn Downes- ignore your haters

Grimes Unchained on 10:08 - Oct 18 with 598 viewsonehunglow

Brynmill still doesn’t get it ,sadly.

Pity he ignores me but I had his number .

This is what we don’t want on here.

Grimes is vastly overate MMO. I see him as the root cause when we simply take an age to get forward. He slows us down.

Downes is developing rapidly into a player that we will not see for much longer.

We could not get rid of Grimes and few clubs see him as that desirable

Grimes Unchained on 22:24 - Oct 20 with 520 viewsAndyCole

Yes, it's that time again, the predictable Bump.

Grimes unchained from the Dour Downes holding him back, stifling his overall influence in CM.

And what a difference ditching Downes made to our balance, allowing Grimesy to command and control and drive and push us to a dominant 2nd half drubbing of a very slow and ponderous Baggies.

Grimes Unchained on 22:28 - Oct 20 with 512 viewsFireboy2

Grimes Unchained on 22:24 - Oct 20 by AndyCole

Yes, it's that time again, the predictable Bump.

Grimes unchained from the Dour Downes holding him back, stifling his overall influence in CM.

And what a difference ditching Downes made to our balance, allowing Grimesy to command and control and drive and push us to a dominant 2nd half drubbing of a very slow and ponderous Baggies.

Grimes = command and control 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Grimes Unchained on 22:51 - Oct 20 with 481 views34dfgdf54

Grimes Unchained on 22:28 - Oct 20 by Fireboy2

Grimes = command and control 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

To be honest I thought he was outstanding today.

Said to a few of the boys earlier, when we are changing things in midfield, personnel, positions etc, there’s always one constant and that’s Grimes.

The boy is class.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 22:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024