Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes Unchained 00:17 - May 18 with 6255 viewsAndyCole

A massive win and exceptionally clever performance tonight. Grimes was the epitome of everything that is good about us under Cooper. Clever, calm, assured, measured, confident, exuberant at times. A winner.

Grimes is our heartbeat, the metronome that keeps us ticking, fighting, linking. Our extra man in defence. Our conscience.

Yet I would love to see him in a more advanced role. Doing the same yet in the Red Action Zone, pressing their DCM and backline. We could raise the bar and totally smash all-comers. Our best player is now needed to orchestrate further up field in our quest for promo. He has all the leadership, respect and broad shoulders to make the difference.

He's one of the best in the league in DCM/CM and is our heartbeat when we're looking to build patiently from the back through our fulcrum.

Yet it's time to unchain him to leverage his tenacity, vision and drive to get some tempo and ZIP ZIP ZIP where it hurts. And propel us through the playoffs and beyond.

If anyone witnessed his 2nd half against Yeovil under Potter (2018) - he lit up the game in that space and scored a cracker. Potter knew then he had a gem (but oddly didn't have the know how to best utilise that latent match-winning talent).

He's the nearest we have to a Cantwell or MGW. Match winners (esp sitting behind out and out strikers). Switch Grimes and Fulton - I'm sure they will both flourish in their more naturally potent roles. Fulton has shown maturity to not hide as he once did - he can be trusted to anchor, to receive 1st phase and look ahead to Grimes, Ayew in 2nd phase.

Time for Cooper to unleash the Tarantino in himself and Unchain Grimes to make those match-winning decisions for himself., in the final third.
(ps - forget Shulz, Frank's a sideshow)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Grimes Unchained on 22:59 - Oct 20 with 1418 viewsAndyCole

Grimes Unchained on 17:45 - Oct 17 by nantywatcher

Class act today - Downes has a country mile to travel before he can get anywhere near replacing him.

Downes is stifling Grimesy's game, a spare part, trying desperately to be a Grimesy but failing miserably.

The coach needs to remind him to be Grimesy's gofer, his caddy, to allow Grimes to play his game, our game.

Folk that fail to see that - clearly have never played midfield, at a level. We know who you are, it's writ large, always.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Grimes Unchained on 23:02 - Oct 20 with 1409 viewsTreforys_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 22:59 - Oct 20 by AndyCole

Downes is stifling Grimesy's game, a spare part, trying desperately to be a Grimesy but failing miserably.

The coach needs to remind him to be Grimesy's gofer, his caddy, to allow Grimes to play his game, our game.

Folk that fail to see that - clearly have never played midfield, at a level. We know who you are, it's writ large, always.

Completely different players in different roles.
Grimes Unchained on 23:33 - Oct 20 with 1373 viewsnantywatcher

Grimes was by far the best player on that pitch all tonight. That includes some other very good performances from Piroe Pattison et al
Grimes Unchained on 23:43 - Oct 20 with 1365 viewsBadlands

Grimes was no way near best player tonight.
He was decent and no more.
Persistently gave away possession or was sleeping when being passed to.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Grimes Unchained on 23:51 - Oct 20 with 1357 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 23:33 - Oct 20 by nantywatcher

Grimes was by far the best player on that pitch all tonight. That includes some other very good performances from Piroe Pattison et al

Are you on drugs? Seriously? You’re more deluded than Andy Dole ffs. He did nothing. Nearly cost us a second on the stroke of HT

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Grimes Unchained on 23:52 - Oct 20 with 1354 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 23:43 - Oct 20 by Badlands

Grimes was no way near best player tonight.
He was decent and no more.
Persistently gave away possession or was sleeping when being passed to.

At last, someone with eyes.

Grimes Unchained on 23:51 - Nov 24 with 1219 viewsAndyCole

They key to Martin's brand. The raison d'être to Martin being here.

For the many that didn't see it: Grimes, Cultural Architect, a thing of beauty.

Will be famous as El Capitan. The man who restored the Swansea Way.

Now let's all get behind Grimes' brand Martin.........

Grimes Unchained on 02:14 - Nov 25 with 1176 viewsDJack

Grimes Unchained on 23:51 - Nov 24 by AndyCole

They key to Martin's brand. The raison d'être to Martin being here.

For the many that didn't see it: Grimes, Cultural Architect, a thing of beauty.

Will be famous as El Capitan. The man who restored the Swansea Way.

Now let's all get behind Grimes' brand Martin.........

What a pivot.

Anyone outside who reads your comments from the barely pre-season point to now will piss themselves laughing at you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Grimes Unchained on 05:30 - Nov 25 with 1139 viewsTreforys_Jack

Despite Andy Coles's obvious expert knowledge and opinion, I think Grimes and Downes are a cracking pairing, it only comes undone when you through Smith into the mix. Smith should be backup to either MG or FD , and should not be on the same pitch at the same time as the pair of them. MG isn't going to get any better than what he is now, he's probably at his peak whereas FD is only going to get better and will undoubtedly be a PL player with or without us. Onwards and upwards with the RM play offs train.
Some shrewd signings in January could propel us back to the big time.
Grimes Unchained on 00:22 - Jan 29 with 1052 viewsAndyCole

Grimes Unchained on 22:59 - Oct 20 by AndyCole

For those who are (unfortunately for them) still 'Missing something' wrt to our talismanic, inspirational leader :

Our cultural architect, in so many ways.

And in so many ways our uncultured, unthinking Grimes bashers like Winstone, take heed. Twp, as heck.

Grimes Unchained on 09:44 - Jan 29 with 962 viewsjasper_T

He only goes sideways and backwards, though...
Grimes Unchained on 12:00 - Jan 29 with 926 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 09:44 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

He’s so good that nobody else is remotely interested in him, even coming in to the last year of his contract nobody wanted to know - although he was desperate to go to Fulham - still not wanted.

I’d take those statistics with a lorry full of salt - his ability to run or dominate games for us is non existent. He’s a passenger in our midfield - be glad if somebody does bizarrely take a punt on him.

We’ll see just how “good” he is then.

Grimes Unchained on 12:14 - Jan 29 with 911 viewsjack_lord

Maybe 1653 of those passes were to Kyle Naughton? The stats look impressive but IMO hasn't translated on the grass to a good game. He was very good on Tuesday though and it is good when he looks forwards. Maybe Downes gives him the space to do so.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Grimes Unchained on 12:56 - Jan 29 with 885 viewsCatullus

Grimes Unchained on 12:00 - Jan 29 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s so good that nobody else is remotely interested in him, even coming in to the last year of his contract nobody wanted to know - although he was desperate to go to Fulham - still not wanted.

I’d take those statistics with a lorry full of salt - his ability to run or dominate games for us is non existent. He’s a passenger in our midfield - be glad if somebody does bizarrely take a punt on him.

We’ll see just how “good” he is then.

Absolutely agreed. The Op says our best player and match winner but he takes rubbish set pieces and scores less often than Quasimodo, another laughable fanboy comment.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Grimes Unchained on 14:07 - Jan 29 with 848 viewsWhiterockin

Grimes Unchained on 12:56 - Jan 29 by Catullus

Absolutely agreed. The Op says our best player and match winner but he takes rubbish set pieces and scores less often than Quasimodo, another laughable fanboy comment.

In fairness I think the Grimes/Downs combination in midfield is going to be excellent, they compliment each other and have a good understanding. Set plays are something else as you say, Grimes taking set plays is a waste of time surly we have somebody else to take them, extreme I know but I would try Manning.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Grimes Unchained on 15:25 - Jan 29 with 827 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 12:56 - Jan 29 by Catullus

Bordering on unrequited love. If grimes opens his curtains he’ll find Andy Mould and Pantywatcher staring adoringly up at him.

Grimes Unchained on 16:52 - Jan 29 with 793 viewsmax936

It is more than fair to say, we were far more dangerous going forward, when Downes pushed forward against Huddersfield.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Grimes Unchained on 17:02 - Jan 29 with 787 viewsunion_jack

Grimes Unchained on 00:22 - Jan 29 by AndyCole

For those who are (unfortunately for them) still 'Missing something' wrt to our talismanic, inspirational leader :

Our cultural architect, in so many ways.

And in so many ways our uncultured, unthinking Grimes bashers like Winstone, take heed. Twp, as heck.

Grimes is no leader, inspirational or otherwise.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Grimes Unchained on 20:22 - Jan 29 with 736 viewsBoundy

To the Op I think you'll find today someone forgot the key to unlock his shackles

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Grimes Unchained on 08:53 - Jan 30 with 692 viewsWhiterockin

Grimes Unchained on 20:22 - Jan 29 by Boundy

To the Op I think you'll find today someone forgot the key to unlock his shackles

It was still in Downes pocket.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Grimes Unchained on 09:43 - Jan 30 with 667 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 20:22 - Jan 29 by Boundy

😹😹😹😹😹 100% . There was no excuse for him today, no one to hide behind. Downes sending off might just be a blessing in disguise, but will RM realise this and be brave enough to drop him or is it going to be as you were next game?

Sadly I think we all know the answer to that. Getting a player like Wolf in is pointless unless our midfield becomes a lot better at getting the ball forward at a much faster rate.

Grimes Unchained on 22:26 - Jan 30 with 600 viewsAndyCole

Grimes Unchained on 09:44 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

It's a bizarre one isn't it.

You'd think all proper Swans fans would be celebrating such excellent PR for our captain and Club, in the same way our Club did.

Yet : none are so blind as those who will not see.

Ask any of our team, coaching staff, manager, pundits, journalists, ex players - unanimous support and admiration for Grimesy, esp the Grimesy unchained when Downesy anchors.

Some posters clearly have a blind spot, are 'Missing something' (Winstone) and/or have an ongoing twisted wumming obsession.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024