Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Ings in the England Squad 13:07 - May 25 with 1516 viewssolent_toffee

With a 33 man provisional squad named, that’s a bit of a surprise. Unless they couldn’t risk his injuries this season.

Ward-Prowse is in.
No Ings in the England Squad on 13:16 - May 25 with 1479 viewsButty101

Rashford is incredibly over rated. Plays up front for man u and managed 11 goals. Greenwood managed 7.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

No Ings in the England Squad on 13:34 - May 25 with 1442 viewssaint22

Southgate again illustrating he hasn't a clue, picking this months best players as opposed to an overall squad
Astonished Ings or Bamford are not in that 33 tbh
No Ings in the England Squad on 13:37 - May 25 with 1441 viewsSadoldgit

From an entirely selfish point of view I am happy for Ings to be left out. He needs to start next season 100% fit. Pleased for JWP. His call up is thoroughly deserved but boy does he need a rest.

The TalkSport pundits don’t think he will make the final cut so perhaps he will get a rest after all?
[Post edited 25 May 2021 13:57]
No Ings in the England Squad on 13:41 - May 25 with 1435 viewssaint22

I am also shocked that Dunk hasnt had a call or Tarkowski ahead of Godfrey, who looks ok
No Ings in the England Squad on 13:44 - May 25 with 1428 viewssolent_toffee

No Ings in the England Squad on 13:41 - May 25 by saint22

I am also shocked that Dunk hasnt had a call or Tarkowski ahead of Godfrey, who looks ok

Godfrey has been outstanding since he came to Everton, one of their best players this season playing left back, centre back and right back. Fast as phuck and really strong, he’s better than both Tarkowski and Dunk, IMHO.
No Ings in the England Squad on 13:51 - May 25 with 1413 viewsButty101

No Ings in the England Squad on 13:44 - May 25 by solent_toffee

Godfrey has been outstanding since he came to Everton, one of their best players this season playing left back, centre back and right back. Fast as phuck and really strong, he’s better than both Tarkowski and Dunk, IMHO.

I wouldnt want to see Godfrey at left back for England. When you guys came down here, he had a shocker at full back

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

No Ings in the England Squad on 14:01 - May 25 with 1384 viewssolent_toffee

No Ings in the England Squad on 13:51 - May 25 by Butty101

I wouldnt want to see Godfrey at left back for England. When you guys came down here, he had a shocker at full back

You’re right he did, he played right back in his first start with a half injured James barely breaking sweat in front of him.

He’s been excellent since then in every position across the back four.
No Ings in the England Squad on 14:26 - May 25 with 1361 viewsPoirot

Too much of an injury risk
Login to get fewer ads

No Ings in the England Squad on 14:29 - May 25 with 1354 viewsdirk_doone

No Ings in the England Squad on 14:26 - May 25 by Poirot

Too much of an injury risk

Exactly. Especially, as there are so many other options. Even Bamford has missed out.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

No Ings in the England Squad on 14:59 - May 25 with 1318 viewsRon11

No Ings in the England Squad on 13:37 - May 25 by Sadoldgit

From an entirely selfish point of view I am happy for Ings to be left out. He needs to start next season 100% fit. Pleased for JWP. His call up is thoroughly deserved but boy does he need a rest.

The TalkSport pundits don’t think he will make the final cut so perhaps he will get a rest after all?
[Post edited 25 May 2021 13:57]

'He needs to start next season 100% fit.'
But at what club?
No Ings in the England Squad on 15:20 - May 25 with 1298 viewsSadoldgit

No Ings in the England Squad on 14:59 - May 25 by Ron11

But at what club?

Ralph seems confident that he will stay at least to see out his contract but I guess it depends on how much one of the Manchester clubs want him?
No Ings in the England Squad on 08:54 - May 26 with 957 viewskingslandstand1

No Ings in the England Squad on 15:20 - May 25 by Sadoldgit

Ralph seems confident that he will stay at least to see out his contract but I guess it depends on how much one of the Manchester clubs want him?

Tbh, I can't see him staying unless there are definite promises of improvement within the squad, assuming of course that the Mancs or other "big clubs" will take the risk on his injury situation

That injury proneness may be our trump card

What would pi55 me off though would be if he was to go to another (I still like to think that we are, but hey, we can have pipedreams) upper mid table club who actually show/promise some ambition when we should offer that
No Ings in the England Squad on 09:33 - May 26 with 917 viewsVeloSaint

No Ings in the England Squad on 14:59 - May 25 by Ron11

But at what club?

Saints but only if he signs a new deal, otherwise we need to move him on.
No Ings in the England Squad on 10:05 - May 26 with 898 views1885_SFC

Personally speaking, I think Ings NOT being in the England squad is very good news. Perhaps he will now realise that one knock in the opening game... and he's out for the rest of the tournament. Southgate can't afford that or risk it.

The sooner Ings wakes up to the fact he's going to be playing second fiddle and bit parts anywhere other than as St marys - the better.

Just sign the new contract fella!

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024