Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JWP Linked to Aston Villa 14:02 - Jun 6 with 10379 viewsgreen

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/06/aston-villa-set-to-make-move-fo
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 08:15 - Jun 7 with 2420 viewsBerber

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:12 - Jun 6 by Saintsforeverj

Anyone else with the gut feeling, that we might end up selling our prized assets? Lots of reports of Ings leaving, Ves leaving, Ward-Prowse leaving. Any player we are reportedly interested in, also linked with other clubs who pay more. Doesn't sound good for next season, with clubs like Villa and Leeds spending millions. Could be media stirring it up, as they do but feeling very uneasy about this coming season knowing we are skint after the Covid.

Maybe the scouting team had better pull their fingers out and get on with finding the kind of players that Norwich, Brighton et al seem to find whilst in the lower leagues?
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 10:30 - Jun 7 with 2321 viewsSadoldgit

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 21:40 - Jun 6 by kingslandstand1

As if that makes any difference

In this case I think it is true. He is on a long contract and a key player for us. Also it doesn’t seem that there is any asset stripping going on so why would we? The only ones who might go are the ones in the last year of their contracts and the deadwood.
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 10:34 - Jun 7 with 2310 viewsI_would

Won't be any interest in the joggy scuttler. I'm not going to build my hopes up over paper click-bait nonsense.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 10:53 - Jun 7 with 2283 views1885_SFC

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 10:34 - Jun 7 by I_would

Won't be any interest in the joggy scuttler. I'm not going to build my hopes up over paper click-bait nonsense.

If I were you, all I'd build my hopes up about is finally getting out of League 1 next season after umpteen attempts, you cretin.

Old School is Cool

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 12:23 - Jun 7 with 2227 viewsSonicBoom

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 10:34 - Jun 7 by I_would

So h'es played every game for us for 2 years. He's captained the England U21 squad, he's played and scored for England and just missed out on the Euro squad. He's linked with Villa yet you think he's crap.
You don't think there is a chance - allbeit a slight one - that you might be wrong and everyone else in football is right?
You seem to be a lone voice howling at the moon. What else don't you believe in, do you think the earth is flat, or that covid is a hoax, or that we never went to the moon?
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 12:27 - Jun 7 with 2222 viewsI_would

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 10:53 - Jun 7 by 1885_SFC

If I were you, all I'd build my hopes up about is finally getting out of League 1 next season after umpteen attempts, you cretin.

I don't know why you would be on a Saints forum when you have an obsession with all things Pompey but, in case you haven't noticed, I am commenting on my personal view of a Saints player. I do not take kindly to trolls such as yourself making personal attacks and resorting to infantile name-calling. If you persist you will be reported.

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 12:33 - Jun 7 with 2219 viewsI_would

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 12:23 - Jun 7 by SonicBoom

So h'es played every game for us for 2 years. He's captained the England U21 squad, he's played and scored for England and just missed out on the Euro squad. He's linked with Villa yet you think he's crap.
You don't think there is a chance - allbeit a slight one - that you might be wrong and everyone else in football is right?
You seem to be a lone voice howling at the moon. What else don't you believe in, do you think the earth is flat, or that covid is a hoax, or that we never went to the moon?

I have an opinion about a saints player. I will voice that opinion. You have the opposite opinion. I am ok with that. Are you against the idea of someone having their own opinion even if it differs greatly from your opinion or have I gone through a time portal accidentally and ended up in Nazi Germany?

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 15:41 - Jun 7 with 2106 viewsKennington

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 12:33 - Jun 7 by I_would

I have an opinion about a saints player. I will voice that opinion. You have the opposite opinion. I am ok with that. Are you against the idea of someone having their own opinion even if it differs greatly from your opinion or have I gone through a time portal accidentally and ended up in Nazi Germany?

A general rule to follow, always ignore people that have overly strong views about things on an Internet forum as they’re nearly always wrong. From football players to politics. Those who shout the loudest usually have the most irrelevant opinion.

JWP may not be perfect but he’s up there as one of saints’ best players and is in the top 10 of English midfielders. You disagree with this and have posted how crap he is, but all the stats suggest otherwise.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 17:01 - Jun 7 with 2042 views1885_SFC

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 12:27 - Jun 7 by I_would

I don't know why you would be on a Saints forum when you have an obsession with all things Pompey but, in case you haven't noticed, I am commenting on my personal view of a Saints player. I do not take kindly to trolls such as yourself making personal attacks and resorting to infantile name-calling. If you persist you will be reported.

Old School is Cool

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 17:27 - Jun 7 with 2022 viewsSadoldgit

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 12:33 - Jun 7 by I_would

I think the problem is just how many times you express that opinion despite being in a minority of one. We know what you think of him, why the need to repeat that opinion as nausium? Do you think if you repeat it often enough it will make us agree with you? This has absolutely nothing to do with Nazi Germany and everything to do with your ego. JWP has been voted players player of the year and fans player of the year, but they are wrong and you are right. 🤣

As for that opinion, it has been interesting to see how many non Saints fans have been going on social media saying that Southgate has made a big mistake in not including him, but I guess they are all wrong too?
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:20 - Jun 7 with 1949 viewsI_would

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 17:27 - Jun 7 by Sadoldgit

I think the problem is just how many times you express that opinion despite being in a minority of one. We know what you think of him, why the need to repeat that opinion as nausium? Do you think if you repeat it often enough it will make us agree with you? This has absolutely nothing to do with Nazi Germany and everything to do with your ego. JWP has been voted players player of the year and fans player of the year, but they are wrong and you are right. 🤣

As for that opinion, it has been interesting to see how many non Saints fans have been going on social media saying that Southgate has made a big mistake in not including him, but I guess they are all wrong too?

As far as I'm concerned, when I see the boy lauded as the best free kick taker since the beginning of time I look up his stats and find that, on average he has scored one free kick in every in 26 games. So I have to point that out. What I WILL tolerate is you, or anyone, disagreeing with anything, or everything, I say. Fine. What I will NOT tolerate is personal attacks and name calling. All this achieves is to reinforce that the name caller hasn't got, or is unable to put forward, a valid argument.

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:50 - Jun 7 with 1919 viewsSadoldgit

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:20 - Jun 7 by I_would

As far as I'm concerned, when I see the boy lauded as the best free kick taker since the beginning of time I look up his stats and find that, on average he has scored one free kick in every in 26 games. So I have to point that out. What I WILL tolerate is you, or anyone, disagreeing with anything, or everything, I say. Fine. What I will NOT tolerate is personal attacks and name calling. All this achieves is to reinforce that the name caller hasn't got, or is unable to put forward, a valid argument.

I really don’t think that JWP is the best free kick taker ever. He is certainly our best since MLT and England’s best since probably Beckham. It isn’t just his dead ball kicking you slag off, it’s his overall play. Again he is not the best midfielder ever, but he has become a key player for us. You don’t rate him, fair enough, but plenty of people have enjoyed his journey from a young hopeful to club captain. I’m sorry that you get personal abuse, but your constant criticism of one of our few bright lights this season does grate.
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 08:43 - Jun 8 with 1830 viewsBuenosSaint

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:50 - Jun 7 by Sadoldgit

I really don’t think that JWP is the best free kick taker ever. He is certainly our best since MLT and England’s best since probably Beckham. It isn’t just his dead ball kicking you slag off, it’s his overall play. Again he is not the best midfielder ever, but he has become a key player for us. You don’t rate him, fair enough, but plenty of people have enjoyed his journey from a young hopeful to club captain. I’m sorry that you get personal abuse, but your constant criticism of one of our few bright lights this season does grate.

I'm going to put forward another theory. I think I_would is a saints "purist". And it's the Pompey connection of JWP that does not allow him to see the overall picture.

Stats can support either side and yes, I agree, JWP overall play had been great. Even his last game for England he made key tackles in midfield (which commentry ignored) and if finishing was better he would have had 2 assists from his free kicks. JWP is only going to get better and better and hopefully for us.

Poll: The Long Future

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 08:48 - Jun 8 with 1829 viewsMattFinish

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:12 - Jun 6 by Saintsforeverj

Anyone else with the gut feeling, that we might end up selling our prized assets? Lots of reports of Ings leaving, Ves leaving, Ward-Prowse leaving. Any player we are reportedly interested in, also linked with other clubs who pay more. Doesn't sound good for next season, with clubs like Villa and Leeds spending millions. Could be media stirring it up, as they do but feeling very uneasy about this coming season knowing we are skint after the Covid.

Absolutely agree. If you were one of our top players why would you want to stay at a club that is clearly not going to invest.

I expect Ings, Vestergaard and JWP to join Bertrand in leaving this summer and how long will the likes of Armstrong and KWP want to hang around.

If Ralph finishes this team anywhere above 17th it will be a miracle
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 09:21 - Jun 8 with 1808 viewsSadoldgit

I am not a betting man but am prepared to bet that JWP will still be with us next season.
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 13:24 - Jun 8 with 1705 viewsI_would

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:50 - Jun 7 by Sadoldgit

His stats don't support your argument. 1 in 26 scored from free kicks. And please don't compare with MLT as we're talking men and boys and real natural football abilities. I appreciate you trying to understand my position but can you clear something up for me?

Would you like me to keep any criticisms of players, and the manager, to myself and if so is there any point in having a Saints forum?

Would it be easier if other members sent me private messages so I can cut and paste what they think about players etc and reinforce their opinions?

You say my constant criticism of one of our few bright lights this season does grate. I don't think that you realise that what you are suggesting is basically censorship.

And as regards every other person lauding the boy's abilities and me having the opposite opinion, not all people do rate Prowsey. And as far as my opinion being different to the mainstream therefore I must be wrong, remember that half of the US population voted Trump in and very nearly re-elected him.
The problem of many people at once believing something that has no basis in fact can be explained by instances of collective hysteria.

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:54 - Jun 8 with 1666 viewsSadoldgit

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 13:24 - Jun 8 by I_would

His stats don't support your argument. 1 in 26 scored from free kicks. And please don't compare with MLT as we're talking men and boys and real natural football abilities. I appreciate you trying to understand my position but can you clear something up for me?

Would you like me to keep any criticisms of players, and the manager, to myself and if so is there any point in having a Saints forum?

Would it be easier if other members sent me private messages so I can cut and paste what they think about players etc and reinforce their opinions?

You say my constant criticism of one of our few bright lights this season does grate. I don't think that you realise that what you are suggesting is basically censorship.

And as regards every other person lauding the boy's abilities and me having the opposite opinion, not all people do rate Prowsey. And as far as my opinion being different to the mainstream therefore I must be wrong, remember that half of the US population voted Trump in and very nearly re-elected him.
The problem of many people at once believing something that has no basis in fact can be explained by instances of collective hysteria.

JWP isn’t just about dead ball kicking, something you totally ignore. As for censorship, perhaps a bit of self censorship could help? It’s all very well having an opinion, but when you are in a very small minority and keep ramming your negative views down people’s throats, yes, it does grate. I will say this again. He has won the players player of the year award and the fans player of the year award. Perhaps you know something they all don’t but it does tend to suggest that you are on your own.
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 15:37 - Jun 8 with 1643 viewsSaintsforeverj

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 13:24 - Jun 8 by I_would

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/top-scorers

Ward-Prowse is along with Ings, one of our best players, as the stats above confirm. He signed a long contract to commit to our club when others like Ings won't, yet you don't like him? It's not an opinion, you can see he is one of our best players, been more effective than Adams who is a striker, and has been a Saint for more than 10 years. There is no reason to not be positive about him, not yet anyway!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 15:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 15:47 - Jun 8 with 1633 viewsI_would

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:54 - Jun 8 by Sadoldgit

JWP isn’t just about dead ball kicking, something you totally ignore. As for censorship, perhaps a bit of self censorship could help? It’s all very well having an opinion, but when you are in a very small minority and keep ramming your negative views down people’s throats, yes, it does grate. I will say this again. He has won the players player of the year award and the fans player of the year award. Perhaps you know something they all don’t but it does tend to suggest that you are on your own.

Did it not cross your mind that when I see a player constantly over rated, in my opinion, that it grates even worse on me as there is a groundswell of wishful thing as regards our academy products at the moment (Prowsey). All I do is seek to balance the view.

Next season if he learns to improve his marking, tackling and positioning and scores a few I'm as happy as anyone, possibly even more so, as last season I watched every single match and hope to do the same next season.

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:18 - Jun 8 with 1616 viewsSadoldgit

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 15:47 - Jun 8 by I_would

Did it not cross your mind that when I see a player constantly over rated, in my opinion, that it grates even worse on me as there is a groundswell of wishful thing as regards our academy products at the moment (Prowsey). All I do is seek to balance the view.

Next season if he learns to improve his marking, tackling and positioning and scores a few I'm as happy as anyone, possibly even more so, as last season I watched every single match and hope to do the same next season.

Yes, I expect it does grate on you when the club and the fans have a completely different view to you. Didn’t he score enough for you last season then? He also seemed to win an awful lot of tackles.
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:27 - Jun 8 with 1540 viewsI_would

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:18 - Jun 8 by Sadoldgit

Yes, I expect it does grate on you when the club and the fans have a completely different view to you. Didn’t he score enough for you last season then? He also seemed to win an awful lot of tackles.

We'll see if he can keep injury free and carry his scoring form through to a new season to raise his average stats.

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 22:49 - Jun 8 with 1478 viewsBicester_North

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:27 - Jun 8 by I_would

We'll see if he can keep injury free and carry his scoring form through to a new season to raise his average stats.

You’ve never kicked a ball in your life have you?
Your lack of football knowledge is there for all to see. There are many fans that know very little about the game but from the way you talk about the game it seems you are more suited to a world of Warcraft forum.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 08:01 - Jun 9 with 1410 viewsBison

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:20 - Jun 7 by I_would

You do talk some bollox.....

'on average he has scored one free kick in every in 26 games.' you do realise he does not get the chance to take a free kick every game ? You fail to acknowledge he has the highest conversion rate from free kicks for any player in the EPL since 2004 , he has a higher conversion rate than Messi or Ronaldo in World Football ?

You are just vindictive that he has a higher conversion rate with your missus than you , thats your real beef with him.

Free Kicks scored in EPL 20/21 - 13
JWP - 4
Next Best - 1

Ward-Prowse at least leads the way in terms of free kick conversion rate — his stands at roughly 12.5 per cent, the best in the Premier League since Opta began collating stats in 2003-04. So your opinion is not worth the the press on the keyboard keys , officially he is the best free kick taker the EPL has ever seen , well at least since records began.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 10:52]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 12:09 - Jun 9 with 1325 viewsI_would

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 08:01 - Jun 9 by Bison

You do talk some bollox.....

'on average he has scored one free kick in every in 26 games.' you do realise he does not get the chance to take a free kick every game ? You fail to acknowledge he has the highest conversion rate from free kicks for any player in the EPL since 2004 , he has a higher conversion rate than Messi or Ronaldo in World Football ?

You are just vindictive that he has a higher conversion rate with your missus than you , thats your real beef with him.

Free Kicks scored in EPL 20/21 - 13
JWP - 4
Next Best - 1

Ward-Prowse at least leads the way in terms of free kick conversion rate — his stands at roughly 12.5 per cent, the best in the Premier League since Opta began collating stats in 2003-04. So your opinion is not worth the the press on the keyboard keys , officially he is the best free kick taker the EPL has ever seen , well at least since records began.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 10:52]

Why not simply ignore my comments like I do for yours as you come across as an hysterical dreamer, not that that's what you are, of course. Just looks like that.

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 23:33 - Jun 21 with 1040 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballinsider247.com/sources-ward-prowse-stan

Ward-Prowse wants to go? Nick seemed to think that we might lose Ward-Prowse.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 23:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024