Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sammy Lee 18:09 - Jul 13 with 12521 viewsEllDale

Coming to the COA in a mentoring capacity to help our new manager courtesy of the LMA
Sammy Lee on 11:51 - Jul 14 with 4520 viewsDaleiLama

Sammy Lee on 21:41 - Jul 13 by D_Alien

I reckon Sammy Lee will see eye to eye with Jack the Kitman

Especially just before he turns green and his clothes start to rip

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sammy Lee on 12:02 - Jul 14 with 4465 viewsJessie

Sammy Lee on 10:37 - Jul 14 by DaleiLama

If we pick up any players you are familiar with from following his career, would be very interested to hear your opinions too. Thanks for posting.

No problem. I'll do my best.
Sammy Lee on 13:04 - Jul 14 with 4279 viewsupthedale

Sammy Lee on 06:28 - Jul 14 by Jessie

Hi! I'm new here. I've been following Robbie Stockdale's coaching career ever since he became the first team coach under Allardyce at Sunderland. He really is a good coach and also a nice guy (I have never met him personally but have seen plenty of comments from people who have.) He did an amazing job as the head coach of Sunderland's youth team. You can read about it on his Wikipedia page - I compiled the stats of that part of his career on there.

Just curious as to what situation are you talking about exactly? Thanks. I hope Robbie has made the right choice to start his managerial career at Rochdale. I've read many comments by you people since he joined this club last week and you all seem very nice people.

Out of interest (and other Rochdale fans might know the answer too), any ideas why he was never appointed Manager after being caretaker so many times?

(I wasn't aware it was so many times, so just going off his Wiki).
Sammy Lee on 14:53 - Jul 14 with 4112 viewsJessie

Sammy Lee on 13:04 - Jul 14 by upthedale

Out of interest (and other Rochdale fans might know the answer too), any ideas why he was never appointed Manager after being caretaker so many times?

(I wasn't aware it was so many times, so just going off his Wiki).

I can't say for sure but it seemed that Sunderland were more interested in appointing an experienced manager and didn't want to take any risks. Big Sam rated Stockdale highly but when he went to manage England, Sunderland chose Moyes as his successor, then Simon Grayson, and Chris Coleman, all of whom are obviously big names. I think for a young coach like Stockdale, it's best to start your managerial career at a lower league club. Sunderland were a huge club with very deep and complicated problems. The manager was almost an impossible job. Apart from Big Sam, all the people that I mentioned above failed. Plus the ones after Stockdale left such as Jack Ross and Phil Parkinson.

Well I don't know if he ever fancied becoming No.1 when he was at Sunderland but I simply don't think it would be an ideal managerial start for him.
Sammy Lee on 16:33 - Jul 14 with 3914 viewsupthedale

Sammy Lee on 14:53 - Jul 14 by Jessie

I can't say for sure but it seemed that Sunderland were more interested in appointing an experienced manager and didn't want to take any risks. Big Sam rated Stockdale highly but when he went to manage England, Sunderland chose Moyes as his successor, then Simon Grayson, and Chris Coleman, all of whom are obviously big names. I think for a young coach like Stockdale, it's best to start your managerial career at a lower league club. Sunderland were a huge club with very deep and complicated problems. The manager was almost an impossible job. Apart from Big Sam, all the people that I mentioned above failed. Plus the ones after Stockdale left such as Jack Ross and Phil Parkinson.

Well I don't know if he ever fancied becoming No.1 when he was at Sunderland but I simply don't think it would be an ideal managerial start for him.

Interesting thank you, makes sense!

It's just because I'd seen Grimsby caretaker too, but perhaps that was simply too early in his career.

Thanks for the reply.
Sammy Lee on 15:58 - Aug 8 with 3286 viewsZac_B

Sammy Lee on 14:53 - Jul 14 by Jessie

Your grasp of the English language really is incredible.
Sammy Lee on 12:16 - Aug 19 with 2620 viewsDaleiLama

Sammy Lee on 19:12 - Jul 13 by IOMDale

So did I - Riley and Gibbons come to mind.

Good call - hope he finds somewhere where he can flourish if he hasn't already

[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 12:18]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sammy Lee on 12:20 - Aug 19 with 2587 viewsIOMDale

Sammy Lee on 12:16 - Aug 19 by DaleiLama

Good call - hope he finds somewhere where he can flourish if he hasn't already

[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 12:18]

Good luck to him. I don't think he was ever going to accept being downgraded once RS made it clear he wanted his own assistant in.

That's taken a while to sort out as it seemed it was basically agreed upon for Riley to leave at the fans' forum.

UTDNFS

Login to get fewer ads

Sammy Lee on 15:39 - Aug 19 with 2253 viewselectricblue

Sammy Lee on 12:20 - Aug 19 by IOMDale

Good luck to him. I don't think he was ever going to accept being downgraded once RS made it clear he wanted his own assistant in.

That's taken a while to sort out as it seemed it was basically agreed upon for Riley to leave at the fans' forum.

Paid off!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sammy Lee on 15:42 - Aug 19 with 2243 viewsIOMDale

Sammy Lee on 15:39 - Aug 19 by electricblue

Paid off!

No doubt with him still being under contract.

Still, the deadwood is steadily being stripped away.

UTDNFS

Sammy Lee on 21:45 - Aug 19 with 1874 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Has anyone seen Sammy Lee at the Club?

Not heard any comments to that effect?

Does he just help out at Training?
Sammy Lee on 23:13 - Aug 19 with 1728 viewsrobtheb

Sammy Lee on 21:45 - Aug 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Has anyone seen Sammy Lee at the Club?

Not heard any comments to that effect?

Does he just help out at Training?

Sammy was at the match on Tuesday night, sat in the press box behind me second half.
Had a quick chat with him, just to welcome him to the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024