Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrogate away 16:31 - Jul 30 with 21924 viewsRotherhamDale

Apologies if this conversation is buried in a thread somewhere...

Harrogate are not allowing away fans in their stadium for a pre season game against Doncaster. They also weren't allowed any supporters whatsoever for a game against Sunderland the other day.

With that in mind, and our game only being 8 days away (and we play there in the cup 3 days later).. does anyone have any idea what arrangements are for the game? Will we need tickets? Can we pay on the gate?

If somebody from the club is reading this then any information would be appreciated

Possession with progression.

Harrogate away on 08:52 - Aug 3 with 2953 viewsSalegraham

Harrogate away on 08:44 - Aug 3 by AtThePeake

Surely issues like those must have been sorted before or during Saturday's friendly with Doncaster?

And their Md's on holiday, Mickey Mouse club
Harrogate away on 08:53 - Aug 3 with 2940 viewsDaleiLama

Harrogate away on 08:52 - Aug 3 by Salegraham

And their Md's on holiday, Mickey Mouse club

I'll never call us tin pot again

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Harrogate away on 08:57 - Aug 3 with 2903 viewsDalenet

Harrogate away on 00:32 - Aug 3 by lyberoc

Some of the reasons given why they have not yet got a safety certifacate are an inadequate level of stewarding, the CCTV system not being tested under match conditions and the ground’s control room, which oversees fan safety, not being connected to a phone line or the public address system.
https://thestrayferret.co.uk/council-17-unacceptable-risks-at-harrogate-town-for

Yet the same authorities let them have fans in the stadium for League Two games last season between the lockdowns. Seems strange to me.

Anyway the criticism of them all seems a bit OTT. We hate other clubs coming over as billy big bollocks when they come to tinpot Rochdale. Can't we show them a bit more respect? Seems we have let Stalybridge down tonight ...... a small club needs games like that. But that's okay
Harrogate away on 09:14 - Aug 3 with 2839 viewsboromat

Harrogate away on 08:57 - Aug 3 by Dalenet

Yet the same authorities let them have fans in the stadium for League Two games last season between the lockdowns. Seems strange to me.

Anyway the criticism of them all seems a bit OTT. We hate other clubs coming over as billy big bollocks when they come to tinpot Rochdale. Can't we show them a bit more respect? Seems we have let Stalybridge down tonight ...... a small club needs games like that. But that's okay

I feel the criticism of Harrogate is born out of frustration more than anything. We've had to wait so long for a competitive game in a stadium and we were set to visit a new ground as well.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Harrogate away on 09:23 - Aug 3 with 2802 viewsAtThePeake

I would completely agree with any 'billy big bollocks' visiting supporters to Spotland who were criticising us for not telling them whether they could actually attend the game in 5 days time. Fans have travel arrangements to make and have alternative plans they could be making, their lack of communication is absolutely piss poor.

Tangled up in blue.

Harrogate away on 09:24 - Aug 3 with 2797 viewsRotherhamDale

Why should we show them some respect? They can't even be arsed to reply to a tweet or update their website. They could even say "we don't know if away fans will be allowed... we're waiting for XYZ" which would be better than ignoring fans.

Harrogate away on 09:45 - Aug 3 with 2723 viewsdawlishdale

It isn't ott in any way. People need to make travel arrangements. Three of us have booked the train. Shall we send Harrogate the bill? No. Dale? No then who? Oh we'll just take it on the chin eh?

They were allowed a few fans in last year but no away supporters (as was the case everywhere) It appears that the concerns are centred about poor stewarding and CCTV not being up to scratch.

They have had many months to liaise with the relevant authorities on this...or at the very least to warn people of their concerns a couple of weeks ago by which time they must surely have known that they had problems.

And as for us cancelling against Stalybridge... yes; we are tinpot too...we don't have anywhere near enough players to be putting out a "Rochdale 11" against them a few days before the league season begins. However; to say that they will benefit financially from playing us is plain daft. We would take 150 supporters there at best to watch our fringe and youth players.
Harrogate away on 10:19 - Aug 3 with 2615 views1907

Are you a Harrogate fan? I have absolutely no idea why you are trying to defend the indefensible.
Login to get fewer ads

Harrogate away on 10:23 - Aug 3 with 2601 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate away on 09:45 - Aug 3 by dawlishdale

It isn't ott in any way. People need to make travel arrangements. Three of us have booked the train. Shall we send Harrogate the bill? No. Dale? No then who? Oh we'll just take it on the chin eh?

They were allowed a few fans in last year but no away supporters (as was the case everywhere) It appears that the concerns are centred about poor stewarding and CCTV not being up to scratch.

They have had many months to liaise with the relevant authorities on this...or at the very least to warn people of their concerns a couple of weeks ago by which time they must surely have known that they had problems.

And as for us cancelling against Stalybridge... yes; we are tinpot too...we don't have anywhere near enough players to be putting out a "Rochdale 11" against them a few days before the league season begins. However; to say that they will benefit financially from playing us is plain daft. We would take 150 supporters there at best to watch our fringe and youth players.

Spot on.

I'll also add what's been missed here. Does this mean we won't be able to attend the cup tie next Tuesday as well?

Or maybe, just maybe, they'll have sorted something out by then.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Harrogate away on 10:27 - Aug 3 with 2590 viewsTVOS1907

Who's getting all billy big bollocks? People just want to know if they can go to Harrogate on Saturday, yet the communication from them is non-existent. They deserve every criticism that is coming their way at the moment.

Yes, it's disappointing about Stalybridge tonight, but they are two completely separate issues.

Harrogate away on 10:33 - Aug 3 with 2565 views_Windydale

I do think they will be missing out on a payday. if Dale fans cannot attend.

I do think there is a lot of interest in Dale this year. I'm sure there will be a larger than normal following due to;

-The increased interest was shown in trust membership.
-Season ticket purchases.
-The efforts by the club promoting Dale through the media apps and outlets.
-A scenic place to visit.
-it's another excuse to get out of the house pre-lockdown.
-Pretty good pre-season friendly games
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 10:53]
Harrogate away on 12:59 - Aug 3 with 2299 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate away on 13:04 - Aug 3 with 2276 viewsRotherhamDale

https://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/harrogate-town-working-vigo

Harrogate away on 13:24 - Aug 3 with 2174 viewsNorthernDale

I have a feeling that it will be home fans only and which would be wrong, and give them an unfair advantage. What would the EFL say if we and every other EFL team say, that only home fans are allowed into games and away fans are banned. I could understood such issues with covid, but the issues are not covid related.
Harrogate away on 14:51 - Aug 3 with 1956 viewsDaleiLama

Harrogate away on 12:59 - Aug 3 by TVOS1907

Rumours they are working with DB consultancy.

'We acknowledge communication could have been better and this is an area we are working on. We hope to have more information by Sunday'

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Harrogate away on 14:54 - Aug 3 with 1947 viewsJames1980

What are the issues with their stadium? Could the game be played at a neutral ground with home and away fans in attendance.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Harrogate away on 14:57 - Aug 3 with 1935 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate away on 14:54 - Aug 3 by James1980

What are the issues with their stadium? Could the game be played at a neutral ground with home and away fans in attendance.

I wouldn't imagine that's practical to arrange at such short notice, James.

Harrogate away on 15:17 - Aug 3 with 1867 viewsJames1980

Harrogate away on 14:57 - Aug 3 by TVOS1907

I wouldn't imagine that's practical to arrange at such short notice, James.

I was thinking (well not really) that the Harrogate matchday staff could work at an alternative stadium, I mean a stadiums a stadium. But of course that is a very silly thing to have thought 😕

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Harrogate away on 15:24 - Aug 3 with 1846 viewsNorthernDale

If Dales fans are banned from attending, what would happened if we said their fans could not attend the game at Spotland later in the season. I presume they would complain to the EFL and claim we have broken some rule.
Harrogate away on 15:35 - Aug 3 with 1806 viewslyberoc

It,s not just the Dale fans , Harrogate fans are in the dark too , I suspect that they were only let in to the Doncaster match to test the CCTV under match day conditions
https://thestrayferret.co.uk/football-ground-safety-expert-harrogate-town-situat
Harrogate away on 15:39 - Aug 3 with 1796 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate away on 15:24 - Aug 3 by NorthernDale

If Dales fans are banned from attending, what would happened if we said their fans could not attend the game at Spotland later in the season. I presume they would complain to the EFL and claim we have broken some rule.

We would then be depriving ourselves of their admission money, plus refreshments, TVOS, etc.

Harrogate away on 15:46 - Aug 3 with 1766 viewsSuddenLad

Sutton United have had to cancel their first 2 ever home football league fixtures (Hartlepool and Salford) because they haven't completed laying a grass pitch instead of the artificial surface they have had previously.

That must be a massive blow for their supporters and the away fans.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Harrogate away on 16:04 - Aug 3 with 1693 viewsAtThePeake

Harrogate away on 15:46 - Aug 3 by SuddenLad

Sutton United have had to cancel their first 2 ever home football league fixtures (Hartlepool and Salford) because they haven't completed laying a grass pitch instead of the artificial surface they have had previously.

That must be a massive blow for their supporters and the away fans.

At least those fans will be able to go to the re-arranged fixtures though. Doesn't look like that's going to be the case with us.

Tangled up in blue.

Harrogate away on 16:27 - Aug 3 with 1592 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate away on 16:04 - Aug 3 by AtThePeake

At least those fans will be able to go to the re-arranged fixtures though. Doesn't look like that's going to be the case with us.

The EFL statement is a bit bizarre, mentioning adverse weather conditions in the Sutton area affecting their pitch replacement work.

Obviously I haven't studied the weather for Sutton this summer, but using Rochdale as a guide, it's been pretty good for the last few months, hasn't it?

EDIT: Seems like they've had some spells of torrential rain.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 16:32]

Harrogate away on 17:03 - Aug 3 with 1477 viewsDalenet

Harrogate away on 16:27 - Aug 3 by TVOS1907

The EFL statement is a bit bizarre, mentioning adverse weather conditions in the Sutton area affecting their pitch replacement work.

Obviously I haven't studied the weather for Sutton this summer, but using Rochdale as a guide, it's been pretty good for the last few months, hasn't it?

EDIT: Seems like they've had some spells of torrential rain.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 16:32]

Haha. Did you miss the news pics of flooded tube stations and cars under water a few weeks ago? I jokingly said at the time that not only were the Southerners happy to keep the nations wealth, they wanted all the water too.

Anyhow we now have a good smattering of Daleys on the Harrogate social media sites seeking an EFL points deduction and calling them tinpot. I thought we were better than bury. Especially given that it wasn't that many years since Dale earned a masters degree in how to postpone games at the last minute after fans have travelled. Short memories. What did make me laugh is the person claiming we would have sold 1200 tickets if they had been on sale......yet we can barely scrape 1500 Season Card sales at home. This long covid lark is really taking its toll on some.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024