Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Packham 19:57 - Jul 30 with 1608 viewsSadoldgit

There was a very touching programme on BBC2 the other night about Chris Packam retracing a walk from his childhood days along the Itchen from Eastleigh to Winchester. He talked about his battle with Aspergers and how having dogs saved his life when he thought of ending it as a young man. Mental health issues are all over the media at the moment and this programme brought home what some people have to deal with, in his case it has been a life long battle. He might not be everyone’s cup of tea but to achieve what he has done with his life despite his having to deal with autism is incredible. If you haven’t seen it I can thoroughly recommend it on Catch Up. It is called Chris Packham: The Walk That Made Me.
Chris Packham on 21:08 - Jul 30 with 1553 viewsSteveMoron

I'll have a watch thanks.
Chris Packham on 21:57 - Jul 30 with 1519 viewspjt50

I'd recommend that too. I started watching it because walking the Itchen Way is one of my post-COVID projects, but the guy really wears his heart on his sleeve. Plus anybody who upsets the hunting bunch is OK in my book.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Chris Packham on 23:48 - Jul 30 with 1427 viewsTimSaint

.....and he is a Saints fan !!

TimSaint

Chris Packham on 00:10 - Jul 31 with 1418 viewsdarthvader

I see this and was touched by it very much .

Not only as the river Itchen is my fav river in the world ,but to hear what he went through and as tough as it was to describe , he still done it .

Particularly touching is the loss of his beloved dogs over the years , im sure many of us has been through that pain and heartache . I dred the day when i lose my beloved boy, their love is so ... Pure

I bumped into him in Hound (pardon the coincidence ) once by the little chapple there .Genuine chap and full of knowledge about the area .

keep the faith coyr

Chris Packham on 11:10 - Jul 31 with 1268 viewskingslandstand1

It was on a few weeks ago replacing the advertised programme for some reason and I watched it primarily because of the local interest

A totally un-scripted genuine from the heart programme meeting people along the way who just happened to be there. No background build up music or anything, just him and his stick camera and his genuine knowledge. Ok, from afar there was also a drone popping up to film now and again, but an excellent programme. Very moving also
Chris Packham on 11:51 - Jul 31 with 1246 viewsWints76

I've done the Winch to Eastleigh leg of the walk several times but not gone on to Southampton yet. I will do, but I think the Winch to Eastleigh bit is the best bit. Did enjoy the programme though.

Walked up Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh yesterday. Seeing my wife crawl down on her backside was a highlight of my week up here
Chris Packham on 12:43 - Jul 31 with 1229 viewsSadoldgit

I’m so glad some people have seen this. A genuine, underplayed little gem of a programme. Although it featured a nostalgic walk, it was about so much more, not unlike the fishing programme with Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer.
Chris Packham on 12:55 - Jul 31 with 1217 viewsA1079

I did see it SOG and it was an unexpected programme that had been slotted in and a real pleasure to watch. It was honest, heartfelt and genuine as I think Chris always has been, but I concede he can at times not be easy to watch. It was good to see a local walk (or it was at the time I lived down that way) and it was revealing to see how Chris had battled his way through life.

This week was the funeral of a former colleague of friend of mine who took her own life at the age of 52. Distance had meant I have not seen her for many years but my memory of her was someone who always had a smile, was true to herself and came across as the life and soul of many a place. She was loved and respected by so many. I did not appreciate how much she had struggled in recent years. Seeing Chris's little film felt so poignant to me this week.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Packham on 13:09 - Jul 31 with 1212 viewsSadoldgit

I know and have known and worked with some people with autism and wasn’t really aware of how difficult it can be for those with it to interact with others. Like most of these conditions there are various levels, some partly on the spectrum and some a long way along it. It is the ones at the lower end that are the most difficult to deal with as they just seem a bit odd/off but not enough so to make you realise that they have issues. I have always enjoyed his programmes but used to find him a bit irritating until I found out about his autism. Now his behaviour makes perfect sense and the way that he has forged a career in broadcasting in the public eye is admirable. I am sure that we all know people who were unable to cope with life and took their own well before their time. It’s good that we are talking about these issues more. Hopefully it will prevent more suicides and prompt people who are struggling to get help.
Chris Packham on 13:29 - Jul 31 with 1198 views1885_SFC

It was a great bit of telly. I never knew he kept a pet kestrel when he was young - one of my favourite birds on earth! That alone was worth watching it for.

Old School is Cool

Chris Packham on 17:25 - Jul 31 with 1122 viewskernow

Quite enjoy watching (and listening to) his daughter.
Love all things bright and beautiful. 🙂
Chris Packham on 17:59 - Jul 31 with 1106 viewskingslandstand1

Chris Packham on 12:43 - Jul 31 by Sadoldgit

I’m so glad some people have seen this. A genuine, underplayed little gem of a programme. Although it featured a nostalgic walk, it was about so much more, not unlike the fishing programme with Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer.

I'm guessing they had some pretty good feedback from when it was on previously ehen unannounced, and decided to give it another go
Chris Packham on 00:14 - Aug 1 with 1027 viewscocklebreath

Started watching thinking this is gonna be lame but quickly found myself absorbed by the melancholy of Chris, great stuff, it was a slightly less cheerful version of Bob and paul gone fishing.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Chris Packham on 00:35 - Aug 1 with 1015 viewsBicester_North

Great recommendation cheers all 👍
Lovely stuff

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024