Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR changes 07:25 - Aug 3 with 981 viewsSalisburySaint

Changes to VAR in Premier League for coming season, which will hopefully improve things. Just as important Lee Mason, the useless tw*t has retired, although still on VAR.

Just need Mike Dean to retire now and everything will be rosy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58064333
VAR changes on 07:37 - Aug 3 with 966 viewssaint22

Mason may have retired but he still does VAR!!
VAR changes on 07:55 - Aug 3 with 949 viewsSalisburySaint

VAR changes on 07:37 - Aug 3 by saint22

Mason may have retired but he still does VAR!!

That’s what I said !
VAR changes on 09:07 - Aug 3 with 905 viewsDorsetIan

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't trust those in charge of this one bit, and still expect it to be throwing up stupid decisions this season.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

VAR changes on 09:59 - Aug 3 with 880 viewssaints__fan__73

Changes to VAR to improve it? Are they getting rid of it?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

VAR changes on 11:01 - Aug 3 with 846 viewsluffy22

I think it is really interesting they are blaming VAR for players throwing themselves to the ground. Many times on MOTD you hear them saying 'they felt contact so was entitled to go down' that's been happing long before VAR. and its exactly what VAR was meant to stop. Its football, its shouldn't be complicated,

"Contact on its own is only part of the what referees should look for," said referees' chief Mike Riley.

"They should also ask themselves if the contact has a consequence, and then if the player used that contact to try and win a foul or a penalty.

"It's not sufficient just to say: 'Yes, there's contact.' I think, partly, we got into that frame of mind by the forensic analysis that went into VAR awards."
VAR changes on 11:52 - Aug 3 with 822 viewssaint22

VAR changes on 09:59 - Aug 3 by saints__fan__73

Changes to VAR to improve it? Are they getting rid of it?

If only!!
They say now they wont look at "trivial things" - like that aint ambiguous at all, thus leading to further problems
One thing I do want to see is every contentious issue the referee is over to look at his monitor a la Euros something they failed to do here last season time and again
VAR changes on 13:00 - Aug 3 with 788 viewsDorsetIan

VAR changes on 11:01 - Aug 3 by luffy22

I think it is really interesting they are blaming VAR for players throwing themselves to the ground. Many times on MOTD you hear them saying 'they felt contact so was entitled to go down' that's been happing long before VAR. and its exactly what VAR was meant to stop. Its football, its shouldn't be complicated,

"Contact on its own is only part of the what referees should look for," said referees' chief Mike Riley.

"They should also ask themselves if the contact has a consequence, and then if the player used that contact to try and win a foul or a penalty.

"It's not sufficient just to say: 'Yes, there's contact.' I think, partly, we got into that frame of mind by the forensic analysis that went into VAR awards."

When you read something like that you realise that they really were just making it up as they went along.

Oh we did that, but we overthought this, and then we realised...

What a sad reflection on how little thought they actually gave in advance to how this would work.

And they've got such little appreciation of what an absolute mess they made of it that they think they can just chat away nicely about the latest changes they've now thought up. B0ll*cks to that. Riley and all involved should have been sacked a long time ago and replaced with people with some sense. The same idiots are obviously just going to f*ck up again.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024