Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays game. 11:54 - Aug 7 with 5760 viewsIanSouthstander

If i'd of known Bilbao were playing Liverpool tomorrow i wouldn't of bothered getting a ticket . Lets be honest, they are only going to be half arsed against us.
Looks like we will have everyone available, except JWP , who is still recovering from his injury.
Todays game. on 23:56 - Aug 7 with 773 viewsDorsetIan

Todays game. on 18:32 - Aug 7 by dirk_doone

Back from the game. Poor Livramanto must wonder what the hell he's let himself in for. He was a class above the rest of our players. He kept setting up easy chances for our so-called strikers, leaving them with just a reserve goalkeeper to beat but only Walcott managed to score with one it would have been hard to miss.

Until Livramento came on, we were shockingly bad. Just when you thought McCarthy couldn't possibly get any worse, he plunges to new depths. He was to blame for the first two goals and by then the defence was so jittery that Bednarek booted one into his own net. Obafemi and Long might just as well not have been there. They were almost as bad as McCarthy as if that were humanly possible. In the second half, a lot of the crowd disappeared into the bars or left. They couldn't face any more of watching our poor excuse for a team.

On the plus side if Forster had been in goal, we probably would have got at least a draw so maybe things aren't quite as bleak as they looked. And, of course, in Livramento we've got a real star. Chelsea will definitely be exercising their buy back clause.

Ralph looked glum and worried. He never smiles any more. I really can't see him lasting the season if the players continue to perform like this and if he keeps picking McCarthy, he doesn't deserve to.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 18:47]

I was there too and agree with all of that.

The thing for me was see players who I thought had already gone as not good enough back on the pitch.

Shane Long. Lovely guy, great servant but his move to Bournemouth signalled the start of new phase for him, didn’t it?

Valery. Lost his place to the much much better KWP, loaned out when we had no other real cover in that position, didn’t set the world alight at Birmingham. That was him done wasn’t it?

Add to that Obafemi and Djneppo have had enough chances to show something and for me neither of them gave any hint today that they’re improving.

We’ve got too many players who just aren’t really at the right level, and at some point in the season were going to have to play them.

How we spend the Ings money is absolutely critical.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Todays game. on 08:12 - Aug 8 with 661 viewsVeloSaint

Not sure I'd blame McCarthy for the goals, others more at fault before him BUT Ralph has to make a first choice call this week, he said he wouldn't continue the rotation in to this season so expecting whoever starts next week to be #1 (Forster edges it for me). Valery surprised me, looked improved but come the end of the window surely hes gone and was outshone and then some by the new boy. Ralph made an emphatic point with his front 2 selection, needs to be backed now.
Todays game. on 22:50 - Aug 14 with 534 viewsdirk_doone

Todays game. on 18:32 - Aug 7 by dirk_doone

Back from the game. Poor Livramanto must wonder what the hell he's let himself in for. He was a class above the rest of our players. He kept setting up easy chances for our so-called strikers, leaving them with just a reserve goalkeeper to beat but only Walcott managed to score with one it would have been hard to miss.

Until Livramento came on, we were shockingly bad. Just when you thought McCarthy couldn't possibly get any worse, he plunges to new depths. He was to blame for the first two goals and by then the defence was so jittery that Bednarek booted one into his own net. Obafemi and Long might just as well not have been there. They were almost as bad as McCarthy as if that were humanly possible. In the second half, a lot of the crowd disappeared into the bars or left. They couldn't face any more of watching our poor excuse for a team.

On the plus side if Forster had been in goal, we probably would have got at least a draw so maybe things aren't quite as bleak as they looked. And, of course, in Livramento we've got a real star. Chelsea will definitely be exercising their buy back clause.

Ralph looked glum and worried. He never smiles any more. I really can't see him lasting the season if the players continue to perform like this and if he keeps picking McCarthy, he doesn't deserve to.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 18:47]

"On the plus side if Forster had been in goal, we probably would have got at least a draw so maybe things aren't quite as bleak as they looked. And, of course, in Livramento we've got a real star. Chelsea will definitely be exercising their buy back clause.

Ralph looked glum and worried. He never smiles any more. I really can't see him lasting the season if the players continue to perform like this and if he keeps picking McCarthy, he doesn't deserve to."

This AGAIN although we'd only have got a draw today as Forster would have saved 2 of the 3 goals today.

Well it's only Man United next. They beat Leeds 5-1 and they have a better team than we do.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024