Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Everton The Preview 07:45 - Aug 13 with 1309 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55456/southampton-at-eve

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 08:49 - Aug 13 with 1266 viewsButty101

Nick i admire your optimism, but frankly the first team and squad is weaker than last season. We have lost 3 of our most experienced players. What ever you think of Vestguard he was our stand out centre back last season. The other 3 would not get picked up by a premiership team.
I fear for us tomorrow as calvin lewin will dominate us in the air.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 10:25 - Aug 13 with 1217 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 08:49 - Aug 13 by Butty101

Nick i admire your optimism, but frankly the first team and squad is weaker than last season. We have lost 3 of our most experienced players. What ever you think of Vestguard he was our stand out centre back last season. The other 3 would not get picked up by a premiership team.
I fear for us tomorrow as calvin lewin will dominate us in the air.

I read the line about Ralph now having the squad he wants with two players in every position and had to stop reading. Switched on Radio 5 only to hear Nick telling Nicky Campbell that we had strengthened the squad!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 10:53 - Aug 13 with 1197 viewsButty101

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 10:25 - Aug 13 by DorsetIan

I read the line about Ralph now having the squad he wants with two players in every position and had to stop reading. Switched on Radio 5 only to hear Nick telling Nicky Campbell that we had strengthened the squad!

But Nicks not a mouth piece for the club

Most "experts" seem to be predicting relegation this season.

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 11:51 - Aug 13 with 1176 viewsBerber

It will be interesting to revisit this thread come Christmas, one way or the other.
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 12:13 - Aug 13 with 1163 viewsericofarabia

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 10:53 - Aug 13 by Butty101

None of the table predictions that I have seen have had us in Relegation Spot, but virtually all in the12th to 14th range, which seems a bit ambitious even to me, a fully signed up Happy Clapper!!
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 16:41 - Aug 13 with 1053 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 10:53 - Aug 13 by Butty101

I wouldn't say all expecting relegation, but certainly in the mix down there and to "struggle" unless we have a good start to the season as we did last

Looking at some odds we're 5th or 6th favourites to go down but I think that will be based on Ings going, debate over JWP being here, and the awful last 4 months of last season

I think I'm probably in the bottom 6 brigade right now, but let's see where we are despite the opening game opposition after a month or so, and whether the new boys can all adapt to the Prem or we actually get another couple in (I've heard Nat Phillips is looking a heavy rumour).

Oh, and let's have to 2 Adams starting with Theo playing wide against his old club alongside JWP (if fit?) and Armstrong (S) in some sort of 4-1-3-2

Coins in the air for the back 4! And let's hope Brenda didn't get Vest's signature before midday today so can't play this weekend for him
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 18:07 - Aug 13 with 1004 viewssaint22

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 16:41 - Aug 13 by kingslandstand1

I wouldn't say all expecting relegation, but certainly in the mix down there and to "struggle" unless we have a good start to the season as we did last

Looking at some odds we're 5th or 6th favourites to go down but I think that will be based on Ings going, debate over JWP being here, and the awful last 4 months of last season

I think I'm probably in the bottom 6 brigade right now, but let's see where we are despite the opening game opposition after a month or so, and whether the new boys can all adapt to the Prem or we actually get another couple in (I've heard Nat Phillips is looking a heavy rumour).

Oh, and let's have to 2 Adams starting with Theo playing wide against his old club alongside JWP (if fit?) and Armstrong (S) in some sort of 4-1-3-2

Coins in the air for the back 4! And let's hope Brenda didn't get Vest's signature before midday today so can't play this weekend for him

Real shame we start yet another season without a definitive settled first team or a good enough squad
Two and a half CBs is pretty pathetic as we enter game one
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 18:14 - Aug 13 with 998 views1885_SFC

Everton have 5 players isolating. Now is a good time to be playing them I reckon.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 19:51 - Aug 13 with 932 viewsericofarabia

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 18:14 - Aug 13 by 1885_SFC

Everton have 5 players isolating. Now is a good time to be playing them I reckon.

No doubt our defence will be staying well clear of their forwards then!"!
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 21:31 - Aug 13 with 895 viewsgrumpy

We struggled last season and now we start this season without our best Forward, Centre Half and Full Back.
I know that they had poor patches last season but all 3 are Premiership class players.
Why sell your best centre half so close to the start of the season, makes no sense to me.
This season is going to be a struggle
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 21:33]
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 07:37 - Aug 14 with 793 viewsMattFinish

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 21:31 - Aug 13 by grumpy

We struggled last season and now we start this season without our best Forward, Centre Half and Full Back.
I know that they had poor patches last season but all 3 are Premiership class players.
Why sell your best centre half so close to the start of the season, makes no sense to me.
This season is going to be a struggle
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 21:33]

Completely agree Grumps. We have all known as supporters that Vestergaard was going for a couple of months now at least.
I can't believe we're going into the first game without his replacement. It's ridiculous and shows how amateurish the owners are
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 08:14 - Aug 14 with 758 viewsBazza

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 07:37 - Aug 14 by MattFinish

Completely agree Grumps. We have all known as supporters that Vestergaard was going for a couple of months now at least.
I can't believe we're going into the first game without his replacement. It's ridiculous and shows how amateurish the owners are

What have the owners got to do with it? Surely it’s the management ?
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 08:36 - Aug 14 with 743 viewsMattFinish

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 08:14 - Aug 14 by Bazza

What have the owners got to do with it? Isn't it their club?
They appointed the management. If I was Gao I'd be asking Semmens WTF he's doing letting our top CB leave a few days before the opening game without having a replacement lined up to come in immediately. But then does Gao even know who Vestergaard is
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 09:43 - Aug 14 with 710 viewsgrumpy

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 08:14 - Aug 14 by Bazza

'What have the owners got to do with it? Surely it’s the management ?'

The management can only do what the owners allow, particularly where finance is concerned.
If I was Ralph I would be so frustrated, to be honest I cant see staying much longer.
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 09:52 - Aug 14 with 703 viewsbarry_sanchez

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 08:36 - Aug 14 by MattFinish

What have the owners got to do with it? Isn't it their club?
They appointed the management. If I was Gao I'd be asking Semmens WTF he's doing letting our top CB leave a few days before the opening game without having a replacement lined up to come in immediately. But then does Gao even know who Vestergaard is

Gao thinks Vestergaard is a 1960's communist scooter.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 11:41 - Aug 14 with 637 viewspjt50

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 07:37 - Aug 14 by MattFinish

But we've had his replacement in Salisu for a season. That shows pretty good planning. OK, if Salisu or Bednarek is injured today we begin to get a bit stretched, but Stephens has looked OK pre-season & can do a job for a few games, even if we wouldn't want to depend on him long term.

Arsenal's next two games are against Chelsea & City so I'm confident that we won't be any worse off than them after the first three.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 13:03 - Aug 14 with 586 viewsButty101

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 11:41 - Aug 14 by pjt50

But we've had his replacement in Salisu for a season. That shows pretty good planning. OK, if Salisu or Bednarek is injured today we begin to get a bit stretched, but Stephens has looked OK pre-season & can do a job for a few games, even if we wouldn't want to depend on him long term.

Arsenal's next two games are against Chelsea & City so I'm confident that we won't be any worse off than them after the first three.

But Bednerek and Salisua were not our first choice pairing. When Vestguard was fit he played. So we have weakens an already leaky defence. What I saw of Saliu last season , he got bullied in the air. If DCL plays this afternoon, we are in for a long afternoon

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 13:57 - Aug 14 with 558 viewsRon11

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 09:52 - Aug 14 by barry_sanchez

Gao thinks Vestergaard is a 1960's communist scooter.

That's a Vespagaard, surely?
He's about as much use...
Southampton At Everton The Preview on 14:33 - Aug 14 with 531 viewsSadoldgit

Southampton At Everton The Preview on 09:43 - Aug 14 by grumpy

'What have the owners got to do with it? Surely it’s the management ?'

The management can only do what the owners allow, particularly where finance is concerned.
If I was Ralph I would be so frustrated, to be honest I cant see staying much longer.

From what we are told, Gao let’s Semmens and Steele get on with it. As for replacing Vestergaard, it is a long season. Surely better to wait if it means getting the right person in? Why are people so bothered about what Gao knows and what he doesn’t know about football. All he needs to be doing right now is either finding a decent buyer for the club or trying to find an investor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024