Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays game. 11:54 - Aug 7 with 5755 viewsIanSouthstander

If i'd of known Bilbao were playing Liverpool tomorrow i wouldn't of bothered getting a ticket . Lets be honest, they are only going to be half arsed against us.
Looks like we will have everyone available, except JWP , who is still recovering from his injury.
Todays game. on 17:26 - Aug 7 with 1415 viewssaint22

Todays game. on 17:20 - Aug 7 by Monksway

Hopefully Forster and KWP will come in against Everton but otherwise this is the first choice centre back pairing, left back and midfield. Doesn't really bode well for next Saturday sadly.

We might get a draw

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58130645
Todays game. on 17:42 - Aug 7 with 1368 viewsSadoldgit

Todays game. on 17:20 - Aug 7 by Monksway

Hopefully Forster and KWP will come in against Everton but otherwise this is the first choice centre back pairing, left back and midfield. Doesn't really bode well for next Saturday sadly.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the pre season friendliest. Ralph hasn’t played his full first team in any of them and they are just about fitness. Assuming we sign a proper striker this week and Vest doesn’t go we have a decent starting X1 but still no real strength in depth. Given the financial situation of many PL clubs at the moment I expect several will struggle even if we do. When one team can spend £100m on a player and another struggles to spend £20m it shows that FFP does not work.
Todays game. on 18:31 - Aug 7 with 1267 viewsRon11

Todays game. on 17:42 - Aug 7 by Sadoldgit

I wouldn’t worry too much about the pre season friendliest. Ralph hasn’t played his full first team in any of them and they are just about fitness. Assuming we sign a proper striker this week and Vest doesn’t go we have a decent starting X1 but still no real strength in depth. Given the financial situation of many PL clubs at the moment I expect several will struggle even if we do. When one team can spend £100m on a player and another struggles to spend £20m it shows that FFP does not work.

'Assuming'.
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups.
Todays game. on 18:32 - Aug 7 with 1267 viewsdirk_doone

Back from the game. Poor Livramanto must wonder what the hell he's let himself in for. He was a class above the rest of our players. He kept setting up easy chances for our so-called strikers, leaving them with just a reserve goalkeeper to beat but only Walcott managed to score with one it would have been hard to miss.

Until Livramento came on, we were shockingly bad. Just when you thought McCarthy couldn't possibly get any worse, he plunges to new depths. He was to blame for the first two goals and by then the defence was so jittery that Bednarek booted one into his own net. Obafemi and Long might just as well not have been there. They were almost as bad as McCarthy as if that were humanly possible. In the second half, a lot of the crowd disappeared into the bars or left. They couldn't face any more of watching our poor excuse for a team.

On the plus side if Forster had been in goal, we probably would have got at least a draw so maybe things aren't quite as bleak as they looked. And, of course, in Livramento we've got a real star. Chelsea will definitely be exercising their buy back clause.

Ralph looked glum and worried. He never smiles any more. I really can't see him lasting the season if the players continue to perform like this and if he keeps picking McCarthy, he doesn't deserve to.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 18:47]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Todays game. on 18:37 - Aug 7 with 1257 viewsSadoldgit

Todays game. on 18:31 - Aug 7 by Ron11

'Assuming'.
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups.

I used the word because you know how these things work. Although we need one in now you just know that there will be some kind of hold up and it will take a week or two before we get our man. Such is life when you are a poor kid in a rich kids playground.
Todays game. on 18:49 - Aug 7 with 1234 viewsdirk_doone

Todays game. on 17:23 - Aug 7 by saint22

He must be thinking at least I will get game time here

He plays in the same position as Kyle Walker-Peters so that is going to pose a selection problem. Ralph will probably alternate them like he does Forster and McCarthy. Personally, I'd make sure that Livramento starts every game. You can already see he's the best player we've got.

Todays game. on 19:09 - Aug 7 with 1194 viewsA1079

Never know what to make of pre season games but of what I saw of the game today apart from Livramento I just saw a continuation of the second half of last season.

If the club ever wanted to give the fans something to be optimistic about for the next season then they sure has hell have failed to do anything to warrant any optimism.
Todays game. on 19:09 - Aug 7 with 1193 viewsButty101

I haven’t been Ralph’s biggest fan for a while, but if I was him I would walk. He is on a hiding to nothing with this squad. Unless something dramatic happens this week it’s going to be difficult to see where the first points come from.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Todays game. on 19:21 - Aug 7 with 1158 viewssaint22

Todays game. on 18:32 - Aug 7 by dirk_doone

Back from the game. Poor Livramanto must wonder what the hell he's let himself in for. He was a class above the rest of our players. He kept setting up easy chances for our so-called strikers, leaving them with just a reserve goalkeeper to beat but only Walcott managed to score with one it would have been hard to miss.

Until Livramento came on, we were shockingly bad. Just when you thought McCarthy couldn't possibly get any worse, he plunges to new depths. He was to blame for the first two goals and by then the defence was so jittery that Bednarek booted one into his own net. Obafemi and Long might just as well not have been there. They were almost as bad as McCarthy as if that were humanly possible. In the second half, a lot of the crowd disappeared into the bars or left. They couldn't face any more of watching our poor excuse for a team.

On the plus side if Forster had been in goal, we probably would have got at least a draw so maybe things aren't quite as bleak as they looked. And, of course, in Livramento we've got a real star. Chelsea will definitely be exercising their buy back clause.

Ralph looked glum and worried. He never smiles any more. I really can't see him lasting the season if the players continue to perform like this and if he keeps picking McCarthy, he doesn't deserve to.

Well that’s a pretty damning report and equally a pretty accurate one
We are in serious trouble and yet again set to start a season without and semblance of a squad that can take us forward
Ralph looked downbeat on Weds but now he must feel like he is up a creek without a boat
I se Brentford are beating Valencia
Todays game. on 19:30 - Aug 7 with 1141 viewsSaintsforeverj

Todays game. on 18:32 - Aug 7 by dirk_doone

And here it is. A report from someone who was there. The team is woefully prepared for the season. In the past, we have always had an Ings or a Pelle or a Lambert. We haven't this year. You mentioned the fans. It will turn ugly quite quickly I think, if we lose every week and selling our best player.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Todays game. on 19:30 - Aug 7 with 1140 views1teeminants

Todays game. on 18:49 - Aug 7 by dirk_doone

He plays in the same position as Kyle Walker-Peters so that is going to pose a selection problem. Ralph will probably alternate them like he does Forster and McCarthy. Personally, I'd make sure that Livramento starts every game. You can already see he's the best player we've got.

I did say he was decent Dirk

“That French left back you mention was voted as the best left back in France by the French public last season . Bertrand clearly was no longer interested. This new Chelsea signing Livramento was voted Chelsea acadamy player of the season ( Chelsea have an excellent acadamy ) and he will be used in the first team as back up to start with and can play either side at full back and in midfield. Ralph has said he will join the first team squad . .Ask Chelsea fans what they think about him , have a look at their forums it’s a good way of getting a feel for a player , they’re gutted to lose him.
Nathan Tella is on fire at the moment I can see him scoring a few which could be like a new signing” .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Todays game. on 19:41 - Aug 7 with 1121 viewsdirk_doone

Todays game. on 19:30 - Aug 7 by 1teeminants

I did say he was decent Dirk

“That French left back you mention was voted as the best left back in France by the French public last season . Bertrand clearly was no longer interested. This new Chelsea signing Livramento was voted Chelsea acadamy player of the season ( Chelsea have an excellent acadamy ) and he will be used in the first team as back up to start with and can play either side at full back and in midfield. Ralph has said he will join the first team squad . .Ask Chelsea fans what they think about him , have a look at their forums it’s a good way of getting a feel for a player , they’re gutted to lose him.
Nathan Tella is on fire at the moment I can see him scoring a few which could be like a new signing” .

He is an incredibly talented player: a real joy to watch. I just hope Ralph shows how much he is appreciated here by putting him straight in the starting lineup. He came here to be assured of first team football and our team certainly needs a player of his quality. It's surprisiing that Chelsea have let him go but they did the same with Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 19:44]

Todays game. on 20:00 - Aug 7 with 1086 viewsPatfromPoole

Has Chelsea’s academy got any strikers we can have?

If anything typifies the inequity of the Prem, this is it. A Chelsea kid in danger of being our best player, FFS.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Todays game. on 20:48 - Aug 7 with 1044 viewsdirk_doone

Todays game. on 20:00 - Aug 7 by PatfromPoole

If anything typifies the inequity of the Prem, this is it. A Chelsea kid in danger of being our best player, FFS.

Remember they let West Brom have Lukaku when he was a youngster and of course he scored against us and we all said wouldn't it be great if we could get him.

Chelsea Squad
As of 12 July 2021

No. Pos. Nation Player
1 GK Spain ESP Kepa Arrizabalaga
2 DF Germany GER Antonio Rüdiger
3 DF Spain ESP Marcos Alonso
4 DF Denmark DEN Andreas Christensen
5 MF Italy ITA Jorginho (vice-captain)
6 DF Brazil BRA Thiago Silva
7 MF France FRA N'Golo Kanté
9 FW England ENG Tammy Abraham
10 MF United States USA Christian Pulisic
11 FW Germany GER Timo Werner
15 DF France FRA Kurt Zouma
16 GK Senegal SEN Édouard Mendy
17 MF Croatia CRO Mateo Kovačić
19 MF England ENG Mason Mount
20 MF England ENG Callum Hudson-Odoi
21 DF England ENG Ben Chilwell
22 MF Morocco MAR Hakim Ziyech
24 DF England ENG Reece James
28 DF Spain ESP César Azpilicueta (captain)
29 MF Germany GER Kai Havertz
33 DF Italy ITA Emerson
– GK England ENG Marcus Bettinelli

Other players under contract

– DF England ENG Jake Clarke-Salter
– DF Ghana GHA Baba Rahman
– DF Italy ITA Davide Zappacosta
– DF Wales WAL Ethan Ampadu
– DF United States USA Matt Miazga
– DF France FRA Malang Sarr
– DF England ENG Trevoh Chalobah
– DF England ENG Dujon Sterling
– MF England ENG Tino Anjorin
– MF England ENG Danny Drinkwater
– MF Brazil BRA Kenedy
– MF England ENG Lewis Baker
– MF England ENG Ross Barkley
– MF England ENG Ruben Loftus-Cheek
– MF France FRA Tiémoué Bakayoko
– MF England ENG Tariq Uwakwe
– FW Albania ALB Armando Broja
– FW England ENG Ike Ugbo
– FW Belgium BEL Michy Batshuayi
– FW Belgium BEL Charly Musonda

Out on loan
– GK England ENG Jamie Cumming (to Gillingham until 31 May 2022)
– GK England ENG Nathan Baxter (to Hull City until 31 May 2022)
– DF England ENG Levi Colwill (to Huddersfield Town until 31 May 2022)
– DF Netherlands NED Ian Maatsen (to Coventry City until 30 June 2022)
– DF Netherlands NED Juan Castillo (to Birmingham City until 30 June 2022)
– MF England ENG Henry Lawrence (to Wimbledon until 31 May 2022)
– MF Scotland SCO Billy Gilmour (to Norwich City until 30 June 2022)
– MF England ENG Conor Gallagher (to Crystal Palace until 30 June 2022)

Development squad (U23)

40 GK Croatia CRO Karlo Žiger
70 GK United States USA Ethan Wady
71 GK Finland FIN Lucas Bergström
– GK England ENG Teddy Sharman-Lowe
53 DF Northern Ireland NIR Sam McClelland
61 DF England ENG Josh Brooking
62 DF England ENG Bashir Humphreys
– DF England ENG Declan Frith
– DF Netherlands NED Xavier Mbuyamba
27 MF England ENG Tino Anjorin
45 MF England ENG George McEachran
49 MF Austria AUT Thierno Ballo
59 MF England ENG Dion Rankine
60 MF England ENG Xavier Simons
65 MF England ENG Ben Elliott
66 MF England ENG Joe Haigh
67 MF England ENG Harvey Vale
68 MF England ENG Charlie Webster
– MF England ENG Silko Thomas
50 FW Republic of Ireland IRL George Nunn
64 FW Norway NOR Bryan Fiabema
– FW England ENG Jayden Wareham
– FW Thailand THA Jude Soonsup-Bell

U18 squad
72 GK England ENG Prince Adegoke
– GK Morocco MAR Sami Tlemcani
– GK England ENG Ted Curd
– GK England ENG Max Merrick
– DF England ENG Derrick Abu
– DF England ENG Luke Badley-Morgan
– DF England ENG Alfie Gilchrist
– DF England ENG Brodi Hughes
– DF England ENG Alex Kpakpe
– DF France FRA Richard Olise
– DF Finland FIN Noa Lehtonen
– MF England ENG Leo Castledine
– MF England ENG Billy Gee
– MF Iceland ISL Ísak Bergmann Jóhannesson
– MF England ENG Lewis Hall
– MF England ENG Tudor Mendel-Idowu
– MF England ENG Samuel Rak-Sakyi
– MF England ENG Zain Silcott-Duberry
– MF Finland FIN Jimi Tauriainen
– MF England ENG Josh Tobin
– MF England ENG Reiss Alexander Russell-Denny
– MF Albania ALB Elidon O'Boyle
– FW Sweden SWE Edwin Andersson
– FW England ENG Louis Flower
– FW England ENG Malik Mothersille
– FW England ENG Ronnie Stutter
– FW Faroe Islands FRO Jákup Hansen
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 20:53]

Todays game. on 20:54 - Aug 7 with 1022 viewsBison

Todays game. on 19:41 - Aug 7 by dirk_doone

He is an incredibly talented player: a real joy to watch. I just hope Ralph shows how much he is appreciated here by putting him straight in the starting lineup. He came here to be assured of first team football and our team certainly needs a player of his quality. It's surprisiing that Chelsea have let him go but they did the same with Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 19:44]

loving your analysis Dirk, i trust it.

Can stand a crap season if we get to watch the next Le Tiss, Bale , Shearer , Shaw, Lallana , Mane (sorry) , etc,,, but you know what I mean.

No chance = Chelsea
Saints -= playing for England in 12 months

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Todays game. on 20:56 - Aug 7 with 1017 viewsPatfromPoole

Todays game. on 20:48 - Aug 7 by dirk_doone

Remember they let West Brom have Lukaku when he was a youngster and of course he scored against us and we all said wouldn't it be great if we could get him.

Chelsea Squad
As of 12 July 2021

No. Pos. Nation Player
1 GK Spain ESP Kepa Arrizabalaga
2 DF Germany GER Antonio Rüdiger
3 DF Spain ESP Marcos Alonso
4 DF Denmark DEN Andreas Christensen
5 MF Italy ITA Jorginho (vice-captain)
6 DF Brazil BRA Thiago Silva
7 MF France FRA N'Golo Kanté
9 FW England ENG Tammy Abraham
10 MF United States USA Christian Pulisic
11 FW Germany GER Timo Werner
15 DF France FRA Kurt Zouma
16 GK Senegal SEN Édouard Mendy
17 MF Croatia CRO Mateo Kovačić
19 MF England ENG Mason Mount
20 MF England ENG Callum Hudson-Odoi
21 DF England ENG Ben Chilwell
22 MF Morocco MAR Hakim Ziyech
24 DF England ENG Reece James
28 DF Spain ESP César Azpilicueta (captain)
29 MF Germany GER Kai Havertz
33 DF Italy ITA Emerson
– GK England ENG Marcus Bettinelli

Other players under contract

– DF England ENG Jake Clarke-Salter
– DF Ghana GHA Baba Rahman
– DF Italy ITA Davide Zappacosta
– DF Wales WAL Ethan Ampadu
– DF United States USA Matt Miazga
– DF France FRA Malang Sarr
– DF England ENG Trevoh Chalobah
– DF England ENG Dujon Sterling
– MF England ENG Tino Anjorin
– MF England ENG Danny Drinkwater
– MF Brazil BRA Kenedy
– MF England ENG Lewis Baker
– MF England ENG Ross Barkley
– MF England ENG Ruben Loftus-Cheek
– MF France FRA Tiémoué Bakayoko
– FW Albania ALB Armando Broja
– FW England ENG Ike Ugbo
– FW Belgium BEL Michy Batshuayi
– FW Belgium BEL Charly Musonda

Out on loan
– GK England ENG Jamie Cumming (to Gillingham until 31 May 2022)
– GK England ENG Nathan Baxter (to Hull City until 31 May 2022)
– DF England ENG Levi Colwill (to Huddersfield Town until 31 May 2022)
– DF Netherlands NED Ian Maatsen (to Coventry City until 30 June 2022)
– DF Netherlands NED Juan Castillo (to Birmingham City until 30 June 2022)
– MF England ENG Henry Lawrence (to Wimbledon until 31 May 2022)
– MF Scotland SCO Billy Gilmour (to Norwich City until 30 June 2022)
– MF England ENG Conor Gallagher (to Crystal Palace until 30 June 2022)

Development squad (U23)

40 GK Croatia CRO Karlo Žiger
70 GK United States USA Ethan Wady
71 GK Finland FIN Lucas Bergström
– GK England ENG Teddy Sharman-Lowe
53 DF Northern Ireland NIR Sam McClelland
61 DF England ENG Josh Brooking
62 DF England ENG Bashir Humphreys
– DF England ENG Declan Frith
– DF Netherlands NED Xavier Mbuyamba
27 MF England ENG Tino Anjorin
45 MF England ENG George McEachran
49 MF Austria AUT Thierno Ballo
59 MF England ENG Dion Rankine
60 MF England ENG Xavier Simons
65 MF England ENG Ben Elliott
66 MF England ENG Joe Haigh
67 MF England ENG Harvey Vale
68 MF England ENG Charlie Webster
– MF England ENG Silko Thomas
50 FW Republic of Ireland IRL George Nunn
64 FW Norway NOR Bryan Fiabema
– FW England ENG Jayden Wareham
– FW Thailand THA Jude Soonsup-Bell

U18 squad
72 GK England ENG Prince Adegoke
– GK Morocco MAR Sami Tlemcani
– GK England ENG Ted Curd
– GK England ENG Max Merrick
– DF England ENG Derrick Abu
– DF England ENG Luke Badley-Morgan
– DF England ENG Alfie Gilchrist
– DF England ENG Brodi Hughes
– DF England ENG Alex Kpakpe
– DF France FRA Richard Olise
– DF Finland FIN Noa Lehtonen
– MF England ENG Leo Castledine
– MF England ENG Billy Gee
– MF Iceland ISL Ísak Bergmann Jóhannesson
– MF England ENG Lewis Hall
– MF England ENG Tudor Mendel-Idowu
– MF England ENG Samuel Rak-Sakyi
– MF England ENG Zain Silcott-Duberry
– MF Finland FIN Jimi Tauriainen
– MF England ENG Josh Tobin
– MF England ENG Reiss Alexander Russell-Denny
– MF Albania ALB Elidon O'Boyle
– FW Sweden SWE Edwin Andersson
– FW England ENG Louis Flower
– FW England ENG Malik Mothersille
– FW England ENG Ronnie Stutter
– FW Faroe Islands FRO Jákup Hansen
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 20:53]

They have a ridiculously big squad….

Todays game. on 20:58 - Aug 7 with 1013 viewsPatfromPoole

Batshuayi could be an option on loan…….

Todays game. on 21:11 - Aug 7 with 994 viewsdirk_doone

Todays game. on 20:58 - Aug 7 by PatfromPoole

Yes, that section "Other players under contract" looks better than our first team, except there's no goalkeeper, but that wouldn't be much worse than having McCarthy in goal anyway.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 21:13]

Todays game. on 21:15 - Aug 7 with 987 viewssaint22

He is bang average

Loftus cheek please
Todays game. on 21:18 - Aug 7 with 987 viewsBison

The big list.....

No one in our academy cant match that ?

How can Chelsea coaches with god knows how many beat our coaches ?

We have the biggest catchment are in the EPL. Surely we can do better.

We have scrimped on the 1st team,
surely the front of the club is the last to suffer , its the face.
what does that say about the quality behind face ?

our world famous academy has come to a halt , Yes say Tella but , we just bought 2 chelsea kids ....... wow.

on the plus side , we could wrip the championship a new arse

Todays game. on 21:19 - Aug 7 with 984 viewsPatfromPoole

Todays game. on 21:18 - Aug 7 by Bison

The big list.....

No one in our academy cant match that ?

How can Chelsea coaches with god knows how many beat our coaches ?

We have the biggest catchment are in the EPL. Surely we can do better.

We have scrimped on the 1st team,
surely the front of the club is the last to suffer , its the face.
what does that say about the quality behind face ?

our world famous academy has come to a halt , Yes say Tella but , we just bought 2 chelsea kids ....... wow.

on the plus side , we could wrip the championship a new arse

Tella was from Arsenal’s academy.

Todays game. on 21:23 - Aug 7 with 983 viewsBison

Todays game. on 21:19 - Aug 7 by PatfromPoole

Tella was from Arsenal’s academy.

Damn , was trying to sound cheerfull,

Todays game. on 22:17 - Aug 7 with 944 viewsMattFinish

Todays game. on 17:02 - Aug 7 by grumpy

Really concerned about this season, particularly about where goals will come from.

Bednarek has already netted
Todays game. on 22:22 - Aug 7 with 939 viewsMattFinish

Todays game. on 20:00 - Aug 7 by PatfromPoole

It could happen if we can pay in installments
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 22:25]
Todays game. on 22:49 - Aug 7 with 897 viewsSalisburySaint

Todays game. on 20:56 - Aug 7 by PatfromPoole

They have a ridiculously big squad….

That’s why before their one year transfer ban they had over 40 players out on loan.

They got far more in to their Acadamy than they really need to stop clubs like us getting decent youngsters

Here’s a local lad, who sounds good who’s amongst those listed

https://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/19219262.charlie-webster-makes-chelsea-d
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024