Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward-Prowse 08:51 - Aug 12 with 4196 viewsPatfromPoole

Vultures appear to be circling.

Semmens was adamant at the Forum that he would not be sold.

But we have seen before how these people operate, particularly Levy.

Interesting times……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ward-Prowse on 08:04 - Aug 19 with 1086 viewscocklebreath

Ward-Prowse on 07:33 - Aug 19 by saintwizzler

Interesting. I will ask the 3 Toon ST holders I know opinions on this.
I agree Ralph should drop McCarthy. Why he starts is beyond me.
Forster unfortunately isn’t much of an improvement mind.

If someone told me 2 years ago I’d be desperate for Forster to be in goal I’d have assumed something had gone badly wrong, I think the assumption would be correct. Father in law lives in Newcastle and his mates down the club love whinging about the shite players Newcastle have.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ward-Prowse on 09:32 - Aug 19 with 999 viewsButty101

Ward-Prowse on 21:51 - Aug 18 by Sadoldgit

Do we know where this story has come from?

Dissecting the URL, i would say it came from the Daily Echo.

Happy to be of service old boy

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ward-Prowse on 09:32 - Aug 19 with 1001 viewssaintwizzler

Ward-Prowse on 08:04 - Aug 19 by cocklebreath

If someone told me 2 years ago I’d be desperate for Forster to be in goal I’d have assumed something had gone badly wrong, I think the assumption would be correct. Father in law lives in Newcastle and his mates down the club love whinging about the shite players Newcastle have.

Every Newcastle fan moans too.
Has Ashley really been that bad?
Trouble is they think they should be pushing for the league still.
Without the money Chelsea, City, Liverpool and United have that ain’t happening.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ward-Prowse on 16:03 - Aug 19 with 898 viewsMattFinish

Ward-Prowse on 09:32 - Aug 19 by saintwizzler

Every Newcastle fan moans too.
Has Ashley really been that bad?
Trouble is they think they should be pushing for the league still.
Without the money Chelsea, City, Liverpool and United have that ain’t happening.

Bearing in mind we let Vestergaard go over a week ago having known for over a season he was likely to go and still haven't bought his replacement and don't even look like we know who we're going for, how confident is anyone that if JWP goes for £40-50m we are going to spend any of it this window?

Also which b@st@rd has stolen our black box?
Ward-Prowse on 17:03 - Aug 19 with 865 viewsdirk_doone

Ward-Prowse on 16:03 - Aug 19 by MattFinish

Bearing in mind we let Vestergaard go over a week ago having known for over a season he was likely to go and still haven't bought his replacement and don't even look like we know who we're going for, how confident is anyone that if JWP goes for £40-50m we are going to spend any of it this window?

The Black Box was never exclusively ours. It was our Head of Recruitment, Paul Mitchell's idea and it's been around a bit: to Tottenham then RB Leipzig and currently in Monaco. The key is not the data but the data analyst and that was Mitchell.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ward-Prowse on 17:08 - Aug 19 with 851 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse on 17:03 - Aug 19 by dirk_doone

The Black Box was never exclusively ours. It was our Head of Recruitment, Paul Mitchell's idea and it's been around a bit: to Tottenham then RB Leipzig and currently in Monaco. The key is not the data but the data analyst and that was Mitchell.

But where is the black box? It has to be sat somewhere. Someone must know where it is

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ward-Prowse on 17:15 - Aug 19 with 837 viewsdirk_doone

Ward-Prowse on 17:08 - Aug 19 by Saintsforeverj

But where is the black box? It has to be sat somewhere. Someone must know where it is

It was only ever a room where Mitchell analysed video footage of football games. It wasn't even black. I guess our current head of recruitment must still go in there occasionally to look at videos. Maybe he is in there right now, with his feet up, watching a box set. Who knows?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 17:18]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ward-Prowse on 18:03 - Aug 19 with 791 viewsSadoldgit

Ward-Prowse on 16:03 - Aug 19 by MattFinish

Just because the media are throwing lots of names around it doesn’t mean we don’t have a list of targets and are currently working our way through them. For example the other day we were supposed to have offered Cahill a deal and it was better than Bournemouth’s offer . Turns out that we hadn’t made an offer. In an ideal world you would imagine that Semmens would have wanted a player in well before the United game but things don’t always run smoothly. I would rather we spent a bit of time in getting the player in higher up the wish list than get in someone in for the sake of it. I think most of us wouldn’t be too unhappy with Salisu and Bednarek starting on Sunday with Stephens on the bench.
Login to get fewer ads

Ward-Prowse on 18:33 - Aug 19 with 766 views1885_SFC

I've gone past giving a shít to be honest. Sell who you're gonna sell Saints. Buy who you're gonna buy.

Old School is Cool

Ward-Prowse on 18:50 - Aug 19 with 722 viewsgrumpy

Just signed a 5 year deal with Saints.
Ward-Prowse on 18:54 - Aug 19 with 713 viewssaint22

Signed a new 5 year deal thank god
Now for that CB
Ward-Prowse on 19:12 - Aug 19 with 680 viewsSaintsforeverj

Good man Ward-Prowse. He will become a Southampton legend, if only for showing a bit of loyalty. Good on him and great for us.

Ward-Prowse on 19:30 - Aug 19 with 654 viewsBicester_North

Good stuff, good lad.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ward-Prowse on 20:37 - Aug 19 with 578 viewsKennington

Finally some good news! Well done Prowsey and the club for sorting.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ward-Prowse on 22:05 - Aug 19 with 505 viewsPatfromPoole

Quite ironic that a former Skates fan is more loyal to Saints than a bloke who grew up in Southampton…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ward-Prowse on 22:11 - Aug 19 with 500 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse on 22:05 - Aug 19 by PatfromPoole

Quite ironic that a former Skates fan is more loyal to Saints than a bloke who grew up in Southampton…..

Isn't it ironic!

Ward-Prowse on 22:19 - Aug 19 with 484 viewsChesham_Saint

Ward-Prowse on 22:05 - Aug 19 by PatfromPoole

JWP comes across as quite bright. His dad's a solicitor I believe, so maybe intelligence runs in the family. On that basis of course, Ings' lineage probably includes Ploppy, son of Ploppy...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024