Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Ralph want to be sacked? 21:50 - Aug 14 with 4151 viewsButty101

Today’s team selection was bizarre to say the least. No Forester, kwp,bednerek and Armstrong.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:31 - Aug 15 with 1045 viewsElijahK

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:17 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

Walcott does seem useless. I would have played Armstrong yesterday but I think he had a knock. But I would also have played Tella instead of Walcott. I would have played Forster too instead of McCarthy. It does seem that Ralph is getting some decisions wrong but his hands are tied behind his back losing our best players and not having any money.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 15:19]

Well that’s the thing though isn’t it, if you look back to the source of where all our issues are coming from ever since Koeman left, it always comes back to our lack of money/investment issues. As I personally think that Ralph has been the best manager we’ve had since Koeman, but hasn’t been able to properly show off, as every time things look to be going well, something investment base causes us to fall back again (like how transfers were all well and good, and then Ings and Vestergaard have now left, or last season how up to Christmas we managed to go top, but then due to a lack of squad depth went tumbling down the table!).

And I know ghat certain people somehow like to back our owner, and say how it’s “illegal”/“really hard” to get money in and out and that “he’s not taking any money out of the club” etc, but without investment we will almost certainly go down soon (which I see happening next season on the following one (so 22/23 or 23/24), and it is actually possible to invest as the West Brom owner is also Chinese and he’s named to invest quite a bit into the club.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:41 - Aug 15 with 1027 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:31 - Aug 15 by ElijahK

Well that’s the thing though isn’t it, if you look back to the source of where all our issues are coming from ever since Koeman left, it always comes back to our lack of money/investment issues. As I personally think that Ralph has been the best manager we’ve had since Koeman, but hasn’t been able to properly show off, as every time things look to be going well, something investment base causes us to fall back again (like how transfers were all well and good, and then Ings and Vestergaard have now left, or last season how up to Christmas we managed to go top, but then due to a lack of squad depth went tumbling down the table!).

And I know ghat certain people somehow like to back our owner, and say how it’s “illegal”/“really hard” to get money in and out and that “he’s not taking any money out of the club” etc, but without investment we will almost certainly go down soon (which I see happening next season on the following one (so 22/23 or 23/24), and it is actually possible to invest as the West Brom owner is also Chinese and he’s named to invest quite a bit into the club.

In the end, it always comes down to the lack of investment as you say. We will find it time and again this year, that most PL teams have more quality players that get the job done. We can play well and the rest but other teams have the quality to win the game.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:49 - Aug 15 with 1013 viewsMattFinish

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 14:39 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

It's more tactics in my opinion. At 1 nil up away from home, we should have tightened up. If we kept it tight and frustrated them, catching them on the break, they only had 45 minutes. It was far too chaotic and open, no matter who was playing. And we should have made subs earlier. At 1 all, we could all see their 2nd goal coming. The game changed. Predictably, Everton were much better in the second half and threw the kitchen sink at us. We should have been more prepared for that. But I think most of agree that we should.play Forster.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 14:42]

We need PL quality defenders to tighten up the defence. We haven't got any
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:55 - Aug 15 with 1005 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:49 - Aug 15 by MattFinish

We need PL quality defenders to tighten up the defence. We haven't got any

Perhaps but we still let in lots of goals when we had Vestegared, who is good enough for Leicester. Salisu was supposed to be the next VD and now he is making mistakes. Stephens made mistake after mistake now he is back in the team. Get in another 10 million pounds defender to develop? Or we could just tighten up in away games when we are one nil up.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 15:56]

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:56 - Aug 15 with 999 viewsDorsetIan

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:01 - Aug 15 by UlsterBaz

It’s an incredibly low bar, I’d have hooked Walcott after 20 mins. I have genuinely no idea why we re-signed him. As for Djenepo we’ll have to agree to disagree. He runs around like a headless chicken with zero end product. But that’s the calibre of player we’re stuck with due to our illustrious owner’s lack of investment.

This is my view. Lots of energy but remarkably little footballing ability and never much to show for the effort.

It would be nice to play the game with 11 Premier League quality players. I don’t think its much to ask for.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 16:07 - Aug 15 with 977 views1885_SFC

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:55 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

Perhaps but we still let in lots of goals when we had Vestegared, who is good enough for Leicester. Salisu was supposed to be the next VD and now he is making mistakes. Stephens made mistake after mistake now he is back in the team. Get in another 10 million pounds defender to develop? Or we could just tighten up in away games when we are one nil up.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 15:56]

A tad unfair on Salisu. He's young and he came with a great reputation from his previous Spanish club. He needs an experienced CB alongside him. Vestergaard having gone meant Ralph threw him in at the deep end yesterday. An experienced pro would teach him all about positioning, etc. I'm not sure he was signed "as the new van Djik"!

Old School is Cool

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 16:08 - Aug 15 with 976 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:56 - Aug 15 by DorsetIan

This is my view. Lots of energy but remarkably little footballing ability and never much to show for the effort.

It would be nice to play the game with 11 Premier League quality players. I don’t think its much to ask for.

Did you see his goal in the friendly?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 18:04 - Aug 15 with 907 viewskernow

Probably doesn't want to be sacked. Who does, unless you are well compensated!?

That said, I definitely get the feeling that he's not feeling it any more.
Login to get fewer ads

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 18:15 - Aug 15 with 884 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 18:04 - Aug 15 by kernow

Probably doesn't want to be sacked. Who does, unless you are well compensated!?

That said, I definitely get the feeling that he's not feeling it any more.

He's not feeling it anymore, is spot on I think. He probably wouldn't mind being sacked, as he would have his contract paid up. He certainly wouldn't resign as he is on 6 million a year. He knows we can't afford to do it (until it looks like not doing so would lose us more), so he is almost just "doing the job". The worst that can happen is that we are so terrible that he gets sacked with about 18 million in his bank.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 18:15]

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 19:58 - Aug 15 with 812 viewsDorsetIan

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 16:08 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

Did you see his goal in the friendly?

I did. And I’ve posted before that I think he’s at his best in and around the area.

But one moment like that in a friendly changes very little for me. He just doesn’t seem to posses the composure and comfort on the ball that should be expected of a player at this level. Everything is rushed, jerky, and often out of control. And the very very few moments of value just don’t compensate for his generally poor contribution.

I really think he needs a loan to a lower league to see if he can deliver at that level. And why the f*ck Ralph keeps starting him is a complete mystery to me and extraordinarily frustrating. He can’t possibly start him against United after his dire performance in the 9-0...can he??!

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 20:06 - Aug 15 with 805 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 19:58 - Aug 15 by DorsetIan

I did. And I’ve posted before that I think he’s at his best in and around the area.

But one moment like that in a friendly changes very little for me. He just doesn’t seem to posses the composure and comfort on the ball that should be expected of a player at this level. Everything is rushed, jerky, and often out of control. And the very very few moments of value just don’t compensate for his generally poor contribution.

I really think he needs a loan to a lower league to see if he can deliver at that level. And why the f*ck Ralph keeps starting him is a complete mystery to me and extraordinarily frustrating. He can’t possibly start him against United after his dire performance in the 9-0...can he??!

I am only standing up for him because I was at the game yesterday and he was better than Walcott, Diallo, Adams even. He caused problems that resulted in quite a few corners. I was also at Sheffield utd away a few years back when he scored a brilliant solo goal. Yesterday, he was one of the few who came over to the fans to sign autographs etc. He comes across as passionate but yes rushed and out of control sure. But he is no worse than Redmond and Walcott. At least Djenepo actually scores the odd goal as mentioned. They were all terrible.in the 9 nil!

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 23:20 - Aug 15 with 719 viewsDorsetIan

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 20:06 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

I am only standing up for him because I was at the game yesterday and he was better than Walcott, Diallo, Adams even. He caused problems that resulted in quite a few corners. I was also at Sheffield utd away a few years back when he scored a brilliant solo goal. Yesterday, he was one of the few who came over to the fans to sign autographs etc. He comes across as passionate but yes rushed and out of control sure. But he is no worse than Redmond and Walcott. At least Djenepo actually scores the odd goal as mentioned. They were all terrible.in the 9 nil!

I know he’s young and a long way from home, and you’re right he is enthusiastic, so i would like to see him deliver. It might not seem like it but I try to keep an open mind about him. If he’s starting to cause more problems then great.

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 00:21 - Aug 16 with 686 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 16:07 - Aug 15 by 1885_SFC

A tad unfair on Salisu. He's young and he came with a great reputation from his previous Spanish club. He needs an experienced CB alongside him. Vestergaard having gone meant Ralph threw him in at the deep end yesterday. An experienced pro would teach him all about positioning, etc. I'm not sure he was signed "as the new van Djik"!

I agree. We need an experienced head at the back, who can help them all and lead. Salisu could be good with an experienced defender next to him. Same for Bednerac and even Stephens.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 0:23]

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 08:13 - Aug 16 with 616 viewsBerber

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 01:49 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

I was at the game. The first half was excellent. It was all Saints but one goal is never enough. We missed so many chances to make it two and this is one of the reasons why we will struggle. When on top, you have to kill them off. We just don't have the quality to do that. As soon as Everton threw the kitchen sink at us and the home fans sensed blood, we just collapsed as is usual for us under pressure. Livramento looks good, Armstrong looks good. But the mistakes at the back are just fatal. Should Ralph have started with walker peters? Yes, probably. But Salisu just stood there for the equaliser but was it his fault? McCarthy really should have shouted "keepers" or "clear it!". I'm not sure if the players just aren't good enough, or whether they aren't being coached correctly but the issues are clear.

We let too many in and don't score enough. This may sound obvious, but it's why we aren't getting results. How much this is Ralph's fault I really don't know but he is doing this with his hands tied behind his back, that's for sure. We played with lots of effort and there were lots of positives but it's not enough. We weren't as clinical as them and we made fatal mistakes again at the back. We can look good, we can play well but it's not enough to get results in the PL and this is the worry. As Shearer said on MOTD, it's likely to be a very tough season ahead for Saints.

That aside, it was a cracking atmosphere and was great to have the fans back. The travelling Saints fans were excellent and were in full voice. Unfortunately, Man U look in top form and will no doubt score a few against our porous defence next week. I hope it's not too disastrous for us as confidence will plummet, only adding to our woes.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 2:03]

Great to get the views of someone at the match for a hands on perspective.
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 13:31 - Aug 22 with 479 viewsPatfromPoole

Today’s team selection does make me think again about the title of this thread……

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024