Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. 15:52 - Aug 21 with 3821 viewsSouthamptonfan

Cracking goal he has scored. He has scored 2 in 2 games, only managing that in half a year at Saints. Funny that!

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 15:56 - Aug 21 with 2497 viewsButty101

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. Well at least the sulky behaviour cost him an hour England spot at the euros. Every cloud ....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 15:59 - Aug 21 with 2491 viewssaint22

Same as VVD sulking for half a season til his mercenary aRSe got sold then back on form
He will get some grief in a few weeks time
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:06 - Aug 21 with 2466 viewsSaintRiyadh

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 15:59 - Aug 21 by saint22

Same as VVD sulking for half a season til his mercenary aRSe got sold then back on form

If Adam Armstrong scores more we won’t care
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:11 - Aug 21 with 2454 viewsButty101

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:06 - Aug 21 by SaintRiyadh

If Adam Armstrong scores more we won’t care

You are right! However I might allow a rye smile if Ings does his knee soon

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:16 - Aug 21 with 2438 viewskingslandstand1

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:11 - Aug 21 by Butty101

I think it will be more that a smile, it may well be a guffaw!!
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:28 - Aug 21 with 2412 viewsdirk_doone

Let's not try to rewrite history, just because one of our best players has moved on to a more ambitious club. Yes, he has injury issues. He did at Liverpool but he wasn't missing games because he wanted to.

The facts are he was easily our top goalscorer last season and the only one to get into double figures. When you look at the poor team he was playing in, he did very well to score as many as he did. We'd have been relegated without him.

I don't buy this, he wasn't trying story, which we get whenever we've sold a player. He scored 4 goals in his last 7 league games for us.

Now, with better players around him, I'd expect him to score 20+ goals this season.

[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 16:33]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:41 - Aug 21 with 2373 viewssaint68

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:28 - Aug 21 by dirk_doone

Let's not try to rewrite history, just because one of our best players has moved on to a more ambitious club. Yes, he has injury issues. He did at Liverpool but he wasn't missing games because he wanted to.

The facts are he was easily our top goalscorer last season and the only one to get into double figures. When you look at the poor team he was playing in, he did very well to score as many as he did. We'd have been relegated without him.

I don't buy this, he wasn't trying story, which we get whenever we've sold a player. He scored 4 goals in his last 7 league games for us.

Now, with better players around him, I'd expect him to score 20+ goals this season.

He needed feeding properly, we didn't do that and then he got the hump...probably with Ralph if we look at the situation without bias..

But he showed a distinct lack of respect and professionalism in his last 6 months with us and that's what the majority will remember.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:43 - Aug 21 with 2365 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 15:59 - Aug 21 by saint22

They only sign for us because we offer more money. How did we get VVD from Celtic in the first place?! Ings got a better offer, fair play.

We only sign these players because we can offer good wages compared to other clubs. It’s so simple. No issue for me, hate the fact he left but fair play to him.

Hands up if you’d turn down a pay rise

Some you lose, some you draw.

Login to get fewer ads

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:43 - Aug 21 with 2358 viewsSaintsforeverj

But he did say, he would only go to a top 4 club. So he is a liar? And VD, do you think he tried on his.last few games for us?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:45 - Aug 21 with 2351 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:43 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

But he did say, he would only go to a top 4 club. So he is a liar? And VD, do you think he tried on his.last few games for us?

When did Ings publicly say that? We need to get over ourselves. We’re in the 3rd tier of the top flight. Fact. Size of club, finances, all of it supports that. Of course Villa are a bigger club than Saints. Huge compared to us. Uncomfortable but true.

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:48 - Aug 21 with 2340 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 15:56 - Aug 21 by Butty101

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. Well at least the sulky behaviour cost him an hour England spot at the euros. Every cloud ....

Why is everyone so bitter?! It’s like you don’t get how this all works. Players sign for us when we are their best option, then move on when there is a better one. It’s how contracting works. No one calls them mercenaries and bitches when they leave a club to sign for us.

Clue - Adam Armstrong is not a Saints fan. 🙄

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:48 - Aug 21 with 2337 viewsdirk_doone

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:43 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, in spite of the fact he was rushed back from injury and was struggling with fitness issues:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12303887/southampton-3-1-crystal-p

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:50 - Aug 21 with 2323 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:41 - Aug 21 by saint68

He needed feeding properly, we didn't do that and then he got the hump...probably with Ralph if we look at the situation without bias..

But he showed a distinct lack of respect and professionalism in his last 6 months with us and that's what the majority will remember.

How was he ‘distinctly’ unprofessional? Being out of form is not an answer btw

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:53 - Aug 21 with 2308 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:11 - Aug 21 by Butty101

Do you mean ‘wry’?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 2294 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:48 - Aug 21 by dirk_doone

Yes, in spite of the fact he was rushed back from injury and was struggling with fitness issues:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12303887/southampton-3-1-crystal-p

But he is a liar.

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:00 - Aug 21 with 2291 viewsBicester_North

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 16:50 - Aug 21 by weneedbigballz

Football fans usually get pisssed off with players who leave, especially if they say they’d only leave for a reason like champs league and then go to Villa. Who are definitely a bigger club but not that bracket.

No surprise people think he’s a prick. So what if they do?

Nobody got the hump with Mané, Shaw and the like. The way some players leave gets on fans tits, no matter who you support.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:03 - Aug 21 with 2283 viewssaint22

Not being honest, sulking, moving sideways not up etc etc
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:07 - Aug 21 with 2273 viewssaint68

He wasn't out of form or injured..he was angling for a move and made a situation that affected the whole squad....Hence he didn't make the England squad and also created a fair bit of animosity amongst fellow players...his form suggests he wasn't injured at all..just not happy with his surroundings.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:17 - Aug 21 with 2250 viewsPoirot

Motivated by money, its a shame, but i suppose thats the norm these days.
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:23 - Aug 21 with 2238 viewsKennington

You’d be sulking too if you had to rely on service from our midfield last season. I’ve got no bitterness at all towards Ings. The club got a price they wanted and Ings got the deal he wanted. Only thing to be frustrated about is we are a club that can’t even compete with Villa.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:27 - Aug 21 with 2234 viewsSonicBoom

This exactly.
Our biggest problem with Ings was that we never got him the ball and ge had to run wide and deep to get a touch. There's never been a doubt that you get the ball to him in the box and he'll score goals.
Good luck to him but I'm more interested in Armstrong now.
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:29 - Aug 21 with 2229 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:07 - Aug 21 by saint68

He wasn't out of form or injured..he was angling for a move and made a situation that affected the whole squad....Hence he didn't make the England squad and also created a fair bit of animosity amongst fellow players...his form suggests he wasn't injured at all..just not happy with his surroundings.

No worse than every player from time to time. Out of touch, head goes down, team struggling etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I think all players are money grabbing and largely unloyal. So would every one of us be as well if we were in that position. Love the JWP news this week, but signing a new 5yr contract, when there are already 4 yrs left is all upside for him, not us
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:33]

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:29 - Aug 21 with 2222 viewsBicester_North

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:27 - Aug 21 by SonicBoom

This exactly.
Our biggest problem with Ings was that we never got him the ball and ge had to run wide and deep to get a touch. There's never been a doubt that you get the ball to him in the box and he'll score goals.
Good luck to him but I'm more interested in Armstrong now.

Personally I don’t wish him good luck, I wish him and Villa to lose more games than Saints.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:34 - Aug 21 with 2201 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:29 - Aug 21 by Bicester_North

Personally I don’t wish him good luck, I wish him and Villa to lose more games than Saints.

And he blatantly lied. He didn't need to say he would only go to a top 4 club did he and then went to Villa. It's deceitful.

And why does anyone want to wish him luck? Good luck scoring against us, and sending us down or at least further down the table. Really?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:36]

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:36 - Aug 21 with 2196 viewsweneedbigballz

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 17:17 - Aug 21 by Poirot

Motivated by money, its a shame, but i suppose thats the norm these days.

Yep, it’s a job, a profession. Every one of us would be the same. Also I suspect playing for your home town club (history, family, friends etc) puts even more of a strain and pressure on players. I reckon it must be a relief to get away if things aren’t going well for the team.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024