Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. 15:52 - Aug 21 with 3995 viewsSouthamptonfan

Cracking goal he has scored. He has scored 2 in 2 games, only managing that in half a year at Saints. Funny that!

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 08:45 - Aug 22 with 513 viewsMattFinish

VVD moved to win trophies. Ings moved due to lack of ambition of the owners.
I'm no bothered about VVD moving, it was understandable. I'm more concerned about Ings going
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 09:45 - Aug 22 with 471 viewsKennington

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 08:45 - Aug 22 by MattFinish

I'm no bothered about VVD moving, it was understandable. I'm more concerned about Ings going

Exactly this. There’s no point blaming Ings as it’s the club that couldn’t get him to sign. Probably because the club has no ambition but to stay in the premier league, is now signing players of a lower standard than at any time in the last decade and can’t offer the wages a player like Ings can negotiate elsewhere. If we were in Ings’ position we’d have all done the same however much we support saints.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 10:54 - Aug 22 with 438 viewsBerber

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 07:12 - Aug 22 by green

There's a lot to argue about what makes a bigger club, but Villa are clearly bigger than us.

I read that Ings would be on £120k per week at Villa compared with the £100k he would have got here, so that probably defines being a bigger club in most players eyes.

An extra million a year is not to be sniffed at. We'll, maybe Paul Merson would have.
Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 11:30 - Aug 22 with 420 viewsChesham_Saint

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 09:45 - Aug 22 by Kennington

Exactly this. There’s no point blaming Ings as it’s the club that couldn’t get him to sign. Probably because the club has no ambition but to stay in the premier league, is now signing players of a lower standard than at any time in the last decade and can’t offer the wages a player like Ings can negotiate elsewhere. If we were in Ings’ position we’d have all done the same however much we support saints.

I don’t think so. £100k a week with us gives him £5.2m a year. The extra £20k with Villa is going to net him about £10k a week. How much money does one need to be happy?

Just think about it. You get an extra £10k a week (in addition to the already net income of about £55k) for what? It will make no discernible difference to your lifestyle (apart from living in a shit hole like Birmingham).

In return it means giving up on (and letting down) a club you supposedly care about with fans that love you, to move to a club you don’t give a damn about whose fans will have forgotten you about ten minutes after you leave.

In short, he’s a mercenary arsehole with no real values or dignity. I like to think most, if not many people are not like that. I repeat, fvck him and the horse he road in on.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 11:35 - Aug 22 with 419 viewsSadoldgit

Ings suddenly finds his fitness again. on 08:45 - Aug 22 by MattFinish

What do you think Villa will win this year? It was a sideways move, no more, no less. Villa sold a bigger name than we did, how much ambition does that show? If you are ambitious you keep your best players and add to them surely?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024